• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tobi

Awards
also slight nitpick Mickey was in the battle with larxene and Marluxia so he would also be there to witness their last words (If you beat Luxord first that is)
I guess I should have rewatched the moment, but I thought Mickey was only released after the last fight there was finished.

Although I guess it's more logically that he reappeared after Luxords defeat.

Awards
Why? No one seems to want to open Kingdom Hearts in UX.
That's why it's so odd.

Xehanort learns of the X-Blade via learning about the Keyblade War, yet both the one shown in UX and the one MoM talks about basically act like nothing remotely related to the X-Blade even happened or showed up.

The whole thing from 2013 to now act as if there was no X-Blade.

kristi-swat

Awards
It's different, Demyx is the MoM

BTW, after watching this Finale agaon and again and reading again the Report in KHIII, looks like Nomura hinted a lot at that time.

It's almost certain , Luxu passed the KB to Brain, but we dont know if he just used his body leaving him in Scala, or if Brain is concious.

I really hope Square Enix makes a Movie like II.8 of this, and DR too.

Im pretty sure Nomura wants explain the facts of UX and DR at the large fanbase, before KHIV. Or better, before the next Title

To me it can't be Brain who got No Name if he jumped to the future, because the eye would not have seen anything that happened from the destruction of DBT until when Brain appears in Scala. And since it is heavily hinted/implied that the book contained info about Brain's arrival, it is logical that No Name was already in Scala before .

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, as we've been speculating and MoM kind of outright stated, I don't think this is the first and only Keyblade War. It seems as though there was one before this. THAT is the one that split up the worlds and divided the X-blade into 7 and 13. Right?

Which bothers me a lot because that is the story I waned to see, but it feels like we just got a "repeat" of that war. Like MoM purposely orchestrating a repeat of what happened before for some reason. But it bugs me because now I want the story of THAT war which is what I thought we were getting in the first place.

Bah.

It kinda feels like "Ok THIS is the beginning of the series. Nah joking, there was actually more juicy stuff before this!!!" Happened with Bbs kinda. And now this. I just want the lore on stone tablets. Please Nomura, I need concrete informationnnnnnnnnnnn

Awards
Well, as we've been speculating and MoM kind of outright stated, I don't think this is the first and only Keyblade War. It seems as though there was one before this. THAT is the one that split up the worlds and divided the X-blade into 7 and 13. Right?
That's the thing. MoM never brought up the X-Blade or any world splits. Just stuff about how the Keyblade War is never ending and stuff about Darkness. Not a single line in this entire story from X to UX has "X-Blade" in it.

Rainclouds

Awards
Perhaps Luxu never gave Brain the No Name.

• He took Brain's Body
  • Brain's heart was sent into the future
  • Luxu stayed behind and snuck around Scala Ad Caelum, recording its construction etc
  • Luxu switched bodies with someone else, and gave the No Name to someone else
  • Ephemer eventually dies
  • Luxu continues to switch bodies and watching over everything
  • Decades/centuries later, Brain arrives in Scala
  • Brain lives for a few decades, having a child
  • His grandchild, Eraqus is born, along with Xehanort
  • Xehanort is sent to Destiny Islands
  • Brain dies
  • Xehanort is visted by his Heartless and goes to the future
  • Xehanort comes back, then later arrived at Scala
  • Just before, or during, or just after his Mark of Mastery, Xehanort meets MoM
  • Xehanort completes his Mark of Mastery
  • Maybe Odin and the others eventually die, Xehanort gets the No Name
  • Decades pass
  • Xehanort finds Ven, BBS happens

So Brain never got the No Name, and he was not Luxu's apprentice as he was sent into the distant future.

Brain's keyblade was also the Master Defender, which he gave to Ephemer, so does he still have his own keyblade? Or does he get another one? Perhaps Luxu gives it to him some time after he arrived in Scala, but not in UX. so he might have been the master of it, but far into the future. Then maybe he gave it to Odin, or put it up on that wall before he died/after his grandson was born.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
That's the thing. MoM never brought up the X-Blade or any world splits. Just stuff about how the Keyblade War is never ending and stuff about Darkness. Not a single line in this entire story from X to UX has "X-Blade" in it.

Right, I get that part. But MoM hasn't really told us ANYTHING about what happened before. He's vague as hell. Which leads me to believe the X-Blade had to do with his mysterious past and NOT the current war. That's why it's never mentioned or brought up in KHUX, this war wasn't about that. But the original original one, the one that probably started all this, was.

SuperNova

Awards
I'm not surprised that the MoM didn't mention the X-Blade since it didn't really have anything to do with Keyblade War 2 (Not the OG that MoM was in.) But makes me more curious as to why Xehanort knows about it or why he was so obssessed with it, unless Nomura is going to have Xehanort's obsession turn out to be because of the Player wanting to find it to unlock KH and see their friends again.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think either the fairy tale and version of the Keyblade War we hear about is a combination of the two Wars into one after years have passed or the war we got simply isn't the one we had heard about. I think there's a chance it might be the former seeing the Grave Yard is where this version of the War took place, though it could be that two wars had been fought there.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
The UX version of time travel is LOADS better. Them getting flung to the future with little to no memories is way better than Young Xehanort seemingly being able to do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

If time travel always worked like this, needing a device to shoot yourself forward into the future and not having your memories, it would've been WAY better.

Cumguardian69

Awards
time travel dont make sense because we dont know why it works, and why its limits exist. It also sucks because we don't get a numbered timeline. We just get "some days later" or abrupt but undefined timeskips.

Like...why were LEV sent further away then Eph and Sku? Why DIDN'T Eph get sent far into the future? How long did the destruction of DBT take? Was it a few moments like Skuld said, a week, months? Did LEV all get sent to the same time period? We just don't know.

Chie

Awards
Yes it seems that everything we knew about the "Keyblade War" in BBS etc. was based on a poor understanding of history by the characters (possibly due to how history had been shaped by MoM, who presented himself as a beginning-point). Given how ambiguous everything in UX is, I'd say we understand the cosmology of this world less than ever right now.

Noivern

Awards
Why DIDN'T Eph get sent far into the future?
Probably because he didn't want to. He just used the Lifeboat to survive the destruction of the world and then rebuilt so the others would have somewhere to return to. Might even be in the Book of Prophecies.

If no one stayed to rebuild Daybreak Town into Scala then the legacy of the Keyblade would probably been lost unless Luxu took into his own hands to do so, as there is no mention of the MoM anywhere else in story while it's stated by Sirgurd that Ephemer was the first Keyblade Master.

.. Which leads us to another problem: Ephemer is know as the first Master, so no one knew about what happened before. The way Sigurd talks about Brain makes it pretty clear he never mentioned the other Dandellions, much less the Foretellers who came before. It's understandeable from a narrative standpoint if Ephemer didn't want people to find out about that tragic outcome and go looking for Lux again, but it gets confusing when we think about Xehanort.

The whole fairytale Kairi heard from her Grandma still works, though, as children rebuilding the world with the light in their hearts is still coherent and it doesn't mention keyblades or anything.

The thing is, Dark Road is still unfinished, and now that we know Time Travel is a thing, everything is open. We have to treat UX ending as the canon flow of events but a lot can happen in the next updates.

I don't think we'll get an actual retelling of the whole timeline, but we should keep in mind that this is only one side of the story.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder about that. I kind of got the impression Ephemera didn't quite make it because everything fell down around them and his pod broke. At the same time, he clearly accepted his fate and rebuilt everything.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I wonder about that. I kind of got the impression Ephemera didn't quite make it because everything fell down around them and his pod broke. At the same time, he clearly accepted his fate and rebuilt everything.
Same. Whenever when we saw the ark being used, someone had to be at the terminal to operate it. Nobody could do that for Ephemer and Skuld so they just got in and hoped for the best.

ZeVaine

Awards
I am more curious than ever to see how Dark Road plays out, because Xehanort's story/role in the series keeps getting more and more relevant with each game... even after his saga was said to be over.

I'm going to be honest though - this whole world of unreality/fiction thing.... I wonder if it's an excuse to escape from this rules of the Khuniverse as we know it, and allow KH universe characters to experience new realities where they don't have to carry with the enormous baggage of the Khloopniverse. Darkness and Light don't exist there, and what not...

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Guys, there’s just one more thing I don’t understand. If Ephemer and Skuld managed to get back into the real world just as it was ending, why is it still “glitching” when they took a look outside?

Back