• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chie

Awards
I don't really get why people keep bringing up Marluxia/Larxene's personality development as if that's a plot point. They're people, they grow and change. You know, like you and me? I think Larxene ending up the way she does is particularly clear to me after the finale's part 1. "The only reason a young girl would end up feeling negative emotions is due to being corrupted by DARKNESS" would be, like, the worst.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Isa is literally the only reason Xion is even around right now. He was the one who rediscovered her existence at a time when no one else knew or remembered and persuaded Xehanort that she'd be a worthy member, setting the events in motion for her return. He risked his life to ensure vessels would be ready for RNX so that they'd have somewhere to return to. He put on a front and allowed himself to die by their hands as the final act of atonement.

Isa's done enough for RAX and people need to realize that.

You should really be looking to Gentiana (FFXV), Gaia (FFXIV), Patroka (Xenoblade 2) and Shoka (NTWEWY) since they are all characters Nomura designed in the past few years (though I'm not super sure about Gentiana tbh).
I'm definitely calling that character "KH-Gentiana". Too many things in that environment remind me of Insomnian aesthetics, including her.

U.N. Owen

Awards
You should really be looking to Gentiana (FFXV), Gaia (FFXIV), Patroka (Xenoblade 2) and Shoka (NTWEWY) since they are all characters Nomura designed in the past few years (though I'm not super sure about Gentiana tbh).
A quick look on the FF wiki says Roberto Ferrari designed Gentiana. Still, the idea is the same. The hair style is really not too uncommon in media.
I'm definitely calling that character "KH-Gentiana". Too many things in that environment remind me of Insomnian aesthetics, including her.
I would argue less Insomnia and more Altissia. Wherever Brain landed reminded me of a darker form of St. Peter's Square in the Vatican.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
A quick look on the FF wiki says Roberto Ferrari designed Gentiana. Still, the idea is the same. The hair style is really not too uncommon in media.
I'm not disagreeing (since I pointed this out earlier in the thread as well), just pointing out that the precedence has been set with this one designer and no need to look elsewhere lol.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Wait... When do we learn why she's after the box?
Recoded secret ending. She says the date escape is familiar and connected with the boom of prophexies.

Also to yall saying isa did enough, not true. He never died. Nobodies dont die, only somebodies do. Nobodies basically have second chance and once more on since destroying them means the somebody is basically guaranteed to return as long as there are keyslingers about. Hi. Roughhosuing xion around and basically calling her an it and messing with roxas is not ok. Yeah he zecured the package for vessel but that is not enough. It isbt.

LoneFox

Awards
One thing that appears to be missing is the ancient masters who went to the fictional world. The Master of Masters told to one of the Darknesses that it is his version of the Christian heaven, and it is well possible that he disappeared by going in there, but no-one else seems to have gotten any information about it.

One possible solution is that the Wreck-It Ralph arcade is somehow part of the fictional world. After all, when it was first introduced in quest 871, Brain told us that "Somehow, it's connected to a place that doesn't exist in this world or time." It also makes sense that Master Ephemer and his new friends from the newly-built Scala would go there to look for the Player. But if this is the case, then didn't the four Darknesses end up in exactly the last place where the MoM would have wanted them?

Any ideas, am I missing something?

Tobi

Awards
Both of them need to apologize to her lol.
to be honest, I'm actually looking forward to how their interactions with her will unfold post-kh3.
And I hope they execute it in a not-cheap way. I'm already seeing it going kinda like:
Lauriam/Elrena appear before heroes (Namine included) -> heroes don't trust (afterall Sora isnt with them, the only witness of their last words), Namine is scared -> some villain appears -> they help to defeat villain x -> everything is okay again, lets be friends :D

I hope its gonna be more deep than this.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I would argue less Insomnia and more Altissia. Wherever Brain landed reminded me of a darker form of St. Peter's Square in the Vatican.
You're right. Altissia works better! I had the floor of the insomnian palace plaza in mind, but Altissia is closer to the Scala vibe.

Another unrelated thought I had about this finale: the MoM had friends---were they all scary sociopaths like him? Imagine meeting one of them consumed by darkness...

Noivern

Awards
Recoded secret ending. She says the date escape is familiar and connected with the boom of prophexies.

Also to yall saying isa did enough, not true. He never died. Nobodies dont die, only somebodies do. Nobodies basically have second chance and once more on since destroying them means the somebody is basically guaranteed to return as long as there are keyslingers about. Hi. Roughhosuing xion around and basically calling her an it and messing with roxas is not ok. Yeah he zecured the package for vessel but that is not enough. It isbt.
Nobodies DO die, though. As much as a somebody dying at the hands of a Nobody/Heartless/Unversed. Just because they can get recompleted if their Heartless was dealt with doesn't change that from happening, it just makes it convenient.
It's just that Isa (as well as Lea before him) seems to have grown a heart, so his turmoil feels less impactful from a narrative standpoint since he shows up 1 hour later in the ending, but Nobodies very much die.

I think the main issue here is that while the Nobodies as a concept are pretty cool, the way they are written in the series is incredibly flawed. They are supposed to be emotionless beings just roleplaying a personality based on their memories, but even then Lexaeus for one had more personality going on than his counterpart did.

We can hardly justify the change in personality as well since Melody of Memories implies they were turned not very long after BBS ended, so they spent almost 2/3 of their lives as Nobodies.

One thing that appears to be missing is the ancient masters who went to the fictional world. The Master of Masters told to one of the Darknesses that it is his version of the Christian heaven, and it is well possible that he disappeared by going in there, but no-one else seems to have gotten any information about it.

One possible solution is that the Wreck-It Ralph arcade is somehow part of the fictional world. After all, when it was first introduced in quest 871, Brain told us that "Somehow, it's connected to a place that doesn't exist in this world or time." It also makes sense that Master Ephemer and his new friends from the newly-built Scala would go there to look for the Player. But if this is the case, then didn't the four Darknesses end up in exactly the last place where the MoM would have wanted them?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember anywhere stating that the Foretellers went to the same place as the MoM. All we know is that they disappeared during the war and then show up again in the Re:Mind ending being summoned somehow by Luxu, seemingly without having aged a single day.

LoneFox

Awards
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember anywhere stating that the Foretellers went to the same place as the MoM. All we know is that they disappeared during the war and then show up again in the Re:Mind ending being summoned somehow by Luxu, seemingly without having aged a single day.
I didn't say anything about the Foretellers. To our best knowledge they don't know anything about this, and the most likely place for them to go after the War seems to be the Final World. I'm assuming that the ancient masters Yen Sid talked about at the end of Melody of Memory are Ephemer, the Player, and some others from Scala. For example, there could be one whose name consists of the letters D, E, M, and Y in some order...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Yeah. It makes sense. A world inside another world. Could be that Wreck it Ralph is Quadratum's iteration of Pooh's book.

Also, has anyone stopped to think that maybe Quadratum is an "unreal" world because it's a world the collective unconscious of the humans of Kingdom Hearts made up? Like how Yardabaoth from Persona 5 came into existence: the human conscious created him. What if Quadratum was created by the human conscious? What if this is the world that exists beyond death, beyond the Final World?

Hedginka

Awards
"B-B-But he said MEAN THINGS to them!"

Damn, 358 days of mentally torturing Roxas, Axel and especially Xion, being a large reason Xion died in the first place. All summarised as saying mean things. Simplifying opposing arguments into a single sentence that doesn't represent said arguments at all, all while adding stutters just makes you look like a child.

Luxu

Awards
Now it makes so much sense that
Spoiler Spoiler Show
spoke very few words.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chie

Awards
One possible solution is that the Wreck-It Ralph arcade is somehow part of the fictional world.
This would very much fit the thematics of how Quadratum, despite being supposedly fictional, looks just like the real-world city of Tokyo, while the supposedly real world of KH's universe is made up of fairy tales/literature/movies. The "real world" of the arcade, which contains the video games (while we are literally playing video games!) goes along with the same reverse subtext. And Quadratum/Verum Rex the video game was introduced in the same world that first introduced Ralph, before the UX stuff.

"In this world, you come from a video game." -YX. Was he referring to Sora as Yozora? Or did it mean something else?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Damn, 358 days of mentally torturing Roxas, Axel and especially Xion, being a large reason Xion died in the first place. All summarised as saying mean things. Simplifying opposing arguments into a single sentence that doesn't represent said arguments at all, all while adding stutters just makes you look like a child.
I feel that you're really overstating Saïx's role in Days. "Saying mean things" is pretty accurate for nearly all of his screentime in Days.

palizinhas

Awards
I feel that you're really overstating Saïx's role in Days. "Saying mean things" is pretty accurate for nearly all of his screentime in Days.
Wasn't he the mastermind behind that fight Roxas and Xion had while thinking the other was a Heartless that Axel had to save them from? I know they fought to death like a few days afterwards, but engineering that was still a lot.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Wasn't he the mastermind behind that fight Roxas and Xion had while thinking the other was a Heartless that Axel had to save them from? I know they fought to death like a few days afterwards, but engineering that was still a lot.
It was Xemnas. The whole thing was Xemnas, really.

Noivern

Awards
The whole thing with Saïx had more to do with him omiting things from Axel while pretending to follow along to Xemnas plans than anything, really. He was a major asshole and still has a part in what happened, but if go over the actual events of Days, the one who actually pushes Xion to almost death is Riku.
Of course he had his reasons to do that and he was gentle in a way, but only because she actually agreed with him. Otherwise he probably would have fought against her just like with Roxas.

Back