• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
While it's possible that the woman could just be a guardian I'm not ready to dismiss the possibly of her being his actual mother just yet. Blood relations have become a thing outside of Kairi and her grandmother
It's not about definitely dismissing any possibility.

It's just a heads up to not jump to definite conclusions so quickly.
From what I've read across several media many people are quick to treat issues still unverified already as if they're canon text-based facts which may just serve to drum up overblown expectations yet again.

It is the same with this woman being Skuld just because she has black hair in the roughly same style or the connection/relationship between Player and Xehanort treated as one thing while it can mean actually different things.

I dunno if that is a side effect of the quickness and impatience of Social Media, but on the other hand I do get deja-vu of the days where some theories went around which insisted that Roxas and Ventus have to be somehow the same person/character just because they share physical appearance.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Small interjection here: Has anyone thought about the possibility that this woman isn't actually Xehanort's biological mother but a caretaker/guardian?

We have no context or further information to this particular scene, also in regards to Brain as while it is indeed the same city it can't be ascertained that it is the exact same time where Brain appears in it.
Yeah, I also had the same thought.
We don't even know if that's her biological mother or just a maternal guardian. We could very well have a Final Fantasy VIII homage where the kids come from an orphanage.

NoWay

Awards
After watching the Finale again, there are still some plot points which I do not understand.

I still don’t get the concept of the Arc. Lauriam, Elrena, Ven and Brain us the Arc in Data Daybreak Town to escape. But where did they end up after using the Arc the first time?

after that Ven, Elrena and Lauriam use the Arc a second time and end up in KG, Enchanted Dominion and Dwarf Woodlands. Are these the “real” worlds from our common KH timeline? (Possibly a couple of years before BBS)

Ephemer and Skuld also used the Arc two times. The first time after fighting against Player and the second time in the realm, in which Brain, lauriam and the others where before. Did they follow the same “route” of worldhopping like the others?
I still don’t get why they need to use the Arc two times.

LoneFox

Awards
I still don’t get the concept of the Arc. Lauriam, Elrena, Ven and Brain us the Arc in Data Daybreak Town to escape. But where did they end up after using the Arc the first time?
First time is from data version of Daybreak Town to the real one, the second is from there into the future. Two times are necessary, because time travel from the data world is not possible.
after that Ven, Elrena and Lauriam use the Arc a second time and end up in KG, Enchanted Dominion and Dwarf Woodlands. Are these the “real” worlds from our common KH timeline? (Possibly a couple of years before BBS)
Yes. Ven landed a most a few weeks before creation of Vanitas (which is the same time as Sora's birth). We don't know the exact time where the other two ended up.
Ephemer and Skuld also used the Arc two times. The first time after fighting against Player and the second time in the realm, in which Brain, lauriam and the others where before. Did they follow the same “route” of worldhopping like the others?
I still don’t get why they need to use the Arc two times.
Skuld most likely followed the same route as the others, and presumably landed in Radiant Garden some time after end of BBS (almost 5 years after Ven's landing), because that's where Subject X appeared. Ephemer did not launch his pod into the future, but instead used it as a literal lifeboat to survive Daybreak Town's destruction.

Last edited:

NoWay

Awards
First time is from data version of Daybreak Town to the real one, the second is from there into the future. Two times are necessary, because time travel from the data world is not possible.

Yes. Ven landed a most a few weeks before creation of Vanitas (which is the same time as Sora's birth). We don't know the exact time where the other two ended up.

Skuld most likely followed the same route as the others, and presumably landed in Radiant Garden some time after end of BBS (almost 5 years after Ven's landing), because that's where Subject X appeared. Ephemer did not launch his pod into the future, but instead used it as a literal lifeboat to survive Daybreak Town's destruction.
Thank you very much!! I didn’t even notice that Ephemer didn’t travel through time/space the second time.
Now the whole concept of the Arc is more understandable for me.
I’m really excited to see what’s going to happen in future installments.

AegisXIII

Awards
For me, what I am more interested about is how they are going to fuse this story with the next phase in a coherent way. This sounds like a crazy challenge since probably 1% of the KH console user base will know about this finale.

korr4k

Awards
I fair question: how common is the technology used by the "new" character in the Kh saga? To me, it felt kind of out of place.

gulava

Awards
The ending is melancholic, yet, beautiful. Although I do admit I was taken aback by the "Player And Xehanort" reveal. However, it started to make sense after I had given it some thought. And truth to be told, I have always wondered how they are planning to incorporate player into the canon lore in the upcoming titles when they are supposedly a self insert character at best. I can see them remaking khux as a movie and making player a canon character with a name and appearance of their own (and upsetting the entire khux fanbase lol).

The only thing i'm iffy about the fact we know next nothing about what happened to ava.

Xagzan

Awards
Small interjection here: Has anyone thought about the possibility that this woman isn't actually Xehanort's biological mother but a caretaker/guardian?

We have no context or further information to this particular scene, also in regards to Brain as while it is indeed the same city it can't be ascertained that it is the exact same time where Brain appears in it.

I mean yeah, actually that was first thought. Probably because my subconscious thought how we never see parents in KH.

For me, what I am more interested about is how they are going to fuse this story with the next phase in a coherent way.
I wouldn't get my hopes up :p

The only thing i'm iffy about the fact we know next nothing about what happened to ava.
Or how Lauriam and Elrena ultimately develop their new personalities.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

Awards
I hesitate to call Skuld Xehanort's mother because her hair cut, the hime cut, is pretty common in anime and manga. After all, it's not like Hinata Hyuga (Naruto), Enma Ai (Hell Girl), Konoka Konoe (Negima), and Aisa Himegami (A Certain Magic Index) sport the same cut. Those were just the ones I can name off the top of my head.

kristi-swat

Awards
For me, what I am more interested about is how they are going to fuse this story with the next phase in a coherent way. This sounds like a crazy challenge since probably 1% of the KH console user base will know about this finale.
That’s what I said to a friend yesterday. I feel like there are too many plot points, scattered in too many time periods to wrap them up decently and coherently in future games :/

gulava

Awards
Or how Lauriam and Elrena ultimately develop their new personalities
Angst

joking aside, I can see Nomura pulling "oops Larxene and Marluxia reverted to being teenagers, thereby their old personalities are back" to skirt around the disparity between their teenage and adult selves.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
To be honest, Marluxia doesn't feel like he's changed too much. He was just more snobby as a nobody for sure. But he seems like a cool and collected guy with a bit of sass (like how he was teasing his sister).

Larxene is the one that had a major attitude adjustment. I think they're going to keep her new personality, but maybe she'll be a little softer. Her snarky goodbye to Sora was actually... I wouldn't say nice, but she seemed genuine in a way. I guess the classic way to describe it would be tsundere. Hard outer shell, but clearly under it all she kinda cares or doesn't actually believe the mean things she's said. If that makes sense.

I'm also hoping Larxene and Marluxia avoid Namine. Like they actually feel bad about it and don't want to open old wounds. Lol. (after an apology maybe. ESPECIALLY from Marluxia. Namine and Strelitzia have so many similarities, surely he'll feel awful.)

Last edited:

gulava

Awards
I'm also hoping Larxene and Marluxia avoid Namine. Like they actually feel bad about it and don't want to open old wounds. Lol. (after an apology maybe. ESPECIALLY from Marluxia. Namine and Strelitzia have so many similarities, surely he'll feel awful.)

Both of them need to apologize to her lol.
to be honest, I'm actually looking forward to how their interactions with her will unfold post-kh3.

Xagzan

Awards
Angst

joking aside, I can see Nomura pulling "oops Larxene and Marluxia reverted to being teenagers, thereby their old personalities are back" to skirt around the disparity between their teenage and adult selves.

I mean their new personalities in CoM, not post-KH3. How Marluxia went from being a nice big bro to a cold and callous manipulator. And how Larxene went from being fairly blah to entertaining sadistic.

Avoiding her would just let them off the hook, the way I see it. If Namine were ok with it, they have a looooot of right to do by her. Just like Isa has a bunch more to do for Xion than just buying her ice cream.

Noivern

Awards

But this barely changed the status quo of the console games, if we actually think about it. UX was pretty self-contained with it's story and there's not many consequences to the story moving further, just context added to things that already happened:

- We now know the somebodies of Marluxia and Larxene, as well as why Marluxia was so obsessed with having a Keyblade, and can even try to stretch and justify the "stand" he uses in his second phase as well as looking like Stretlitzia.
- We know how Scala came to be.
- We know how Ven ended up in the Keyblade Graveyard, why he has memory loss, the origin of Vanitas and what was the Darkness in his heart in Re:Mind as well as why Charithy says it's better if he doesn't remember them in the final world.
- A bit more context on the Dream Eaters and why they haven't returned as an enemy (which may be how the whole surfing-on-keyblades happened in kh3? If it's a reference to Sora coming back to say goodbye to his Dream Eaters, who knows?)
- We know what the Ark/Lifeboats are.
- We know exactly when and how Maleficent came back in KH2, which used to be a plothole for the longest time. And why she is after the box.

The Foretellers, the Black Box, No Name and the Master of Masters are all in Back Cover and while I don't think that movie works as a replacement for UX, it still shows just enough to understand the origin for those characters, considering we're most likely only finding out abot how they even returned in the first place (or where they had been all this time) in a new console game.

Dark Road is another story entirely, though. That one will probably have a bigger impact with Luxu's role after he started bodyhoping, the line of rulers for Scala as well as what happened to that world (and what connection it has to Land of Departure, if any), what Xehanort talked about with the Master of Masters and what happened to that piece of Darkness, what happened to the population of Keyblade wielders to thin out so much, etc.

But then again, Dark Road is MUCH shorter and streamlined compared to UX as well as being easier to adapt into a movie format or even a game remake if they desire. lol

I fair question: how common is the technology used by the "new" character in the Kh saga? To me, it felt kind of out of place.

We don't actually know what they used in the first place, but we already have smartphones in Radiant Garden at KH3, which is the world closest to the level of technology Daybreak Town and later Scala had. The feeling of it being out of place is because it was never really showed before throughout the X saga and it looks weird in sprite format, but the entire UX game took part in a data world in the first place. lol

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Avoiding her would just let them off the hook, the way I see it. If Namine were ok with it, they have a looooot of right to do by her. Just like Isa has a bunch more to do for Xion than just buying her ice cream.
Isa is literally the only reason Xion is even around right now. He was the one who rediscovered her existence at a time when no one else knew or remembered and persuaded Xehanort that she'd be a worthy member, setting the events in motion for her return. He risked his life to ensure vessels would be ready for RNX so that they'd have somewhere to return to. He put on a front and allowed himself to die by their hands as the final act of atonement.

Isa's done enough for RAX and people need to realize that.

I hesitate to call Skuld Xehanort's mother because her hair cut, the hime cut, is pretty common in anime and manga. After all, it's not like Hinata Hyuga (Naruto), Enma Ai (Hell Girl), Konoka Konoe (Negima), and Aisa Himegami (A Certain Magic Index) sport the same cut. Those were just the ones I can name off the top of my head.

You should really be looking to Gentiana (FFXV), Gaia (FFXIV), Patroka (Xenoblade 2) and Shoka (NTWEWY) since they are all characters Nomura designed in the past few years (though I'm not super sure about Gentiana tbh).

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I believe that Darkness was referred to as a "friend" of MoM in a previous update as well, and they reinforce that here. I'm not sure what this means plot-wise, but they're the only things that know eachother from whatever era MoM came from. They may see themselves as something closer to equals than anybody else.

(This is yet another late-KH point that's very similar to something from a Kill the Past game, and so my theory of Nomura being a huge Suda fan continues on.)
I have a theory that, perhaps, the ancient civilization that predates the entire history of KINGDOM HEARTS, is a civilization where Light and Darkness were humanoid and they existed in a plane different to that of humans. Think of Heaven. At some point in time, Light and Darkness wage war and Darkness wins it by renouncing their humanity, meaning they become insane, unhinged animals. Since now they act via instinct and not reason, they operate on keeping themselves alive.
Wouldn't it be cool if The Evil Queen influenced Lauriam and Maleficent influenced Elrena? The timeline adds up in the respective Disney world's.
It wouldn't surprise me. Like what happened with Terranort, perhaps they awoke in a state of amnesia, and thus, their future interactions turn Lauriam into Marluxia and Elrena into Larxene. And at some point, they become Nobodies.

Question: has anyone pondered the possibility that the woman carrying Xehanort, his alleged mother, could be Ava? She's not in present day KH and Luxu tells us she had a mission and she completed it. As a perfect vessel for Darkness, maybe her role in MoM's plan was to become the mother of a baby that could be the last inheritor of the MoM's Keyblade, and thus, progress his grand plan?
A second Back Cover?

Awards
Isa is literally the only reason Xion is even around right now. He was the one who rediscovered her existence at a time when no one else knew or remembered and persuaded Xehanort that she'd be a worthy member, setting the events in motion for her return. He risked his life to ensure vessels would be ready for RNX so that they'd have somewhere to return to. He put on a front and allowed himself to die by their hands as the final act of atonement.

Isa's done enough for RAX and people need to realize that.
"B-B-But he said MEAN THINGS to them!"

Back