• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xagzan

Awards
Nomura, dammit, there was so much here I've already forgotten some of the questions that arose while I was watching. I've also completely forgotten after all this time why Daybreak Town was even destroyed here, can someone explain? And why, when Ephemer and Skuld returned to the real world DB, was everything glitching like they were still in a computer? Was Ephemer the predecessor of Eraqus, or was Brain?

I'm guessing we're not supposed to know when Brain's last scene occurs in relation to the previous scene with the Luxu reveal, or how? Presumably much later, since Brain was apparently Luxu's first body swap.

Player (us) joined Xehanort's heart but since we aren't really a character it doesn't make much difference. Guessing we're not supposed to know who was the robed figure who took him, or even the woman, but knowing KH we probably have to wait another 10 years to find out.

I'm not even gonna ask wtf ※ is cause I see literally nobody can explain that lol.

Ultimately, aside from the broad strokes of the Master wanting the primary 13 darknesses to incarnate in him and his successors (mirrored in Xehanort's plan sort of) so they can be beaten, the dandelions taking arks to wind up in the present time, and the dream eaters being Chirithies protecting their wielder's hearts, I didn't follow a dang thing specifically in this finale.

Lord Sora

Awards
Could've sworn Nomura originally also wanted to do the whole heart reincarnation shenanigan with Sora and Ventus in BBS, but decided to ditch the idea because of Western belief or something. No idea where exactly it was mentioned... But it seems like he picked up on it again though.

Noivern

Awards
Oh yeah, just want to add something else that popped up in my head in another thread:

While the Xehanort = No Name connection is pretty spot on as a callback to our playable character having no defined name, gender, age or appearance, it also works amazingly well for the Keyblade: as a tool for the Master's plan with no clear owner in mind, passing from user to user while keeping a record of the future: No Name, the Keyblade with no identity and no user.

I wouldn't be surprised if whenever we get a proper reveal of who the MoM is behind that coat, we also get another Keyblade for him.

Violet Pluto

Awards
So, the Player character is a traitor siding with the Darknesses or do we have another case of possession/hijacking at hand?

It's always somewhat itchy when there's so much talking and you don't understand a word, lol.

Also, the running gag of Ven simply sleeping through everything keeps running and running. At this rate he won't even need that much amnesia anymore but I bet he'll have it anyways because that fight between him and that one "Darkness" likely either damaged or at least affected his heart.
Not only was Xehanort born by sleep, but Ven as we know him was also born by sleep... NOMURAAAAA!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Could've sworn Nomura originally also wanted to do the whole heart reincarnation shenanigan with Sora and Ventus in BBS, but decided to ditch the idea because of Western belief or something. No idea where exactly it was mentioned... But it seems like he picked up on it again though.
Something along those lines. Ven was supposed to make contact with Sora's heart before Sora had actually been born, but some people in the west don't believe the heart exists until after birth so they had to make adjustments.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So is Secret Report 12 just retconned or does it line up somehow?

Amid the chaos, I bequeathed my Keyblade to one of the Union leaders, just as the Master instructed. I watched as the Five were sent to another worldline—at no small cost—ensuring the line of Keyblade wielders will live on. And now, Keybladeless, I must depart this land to fulfill my final task. This means casting my own body aside and sojourning my heart in vessel after vessel—as many as it takes.

Luxu specifically says he doesn’t have a Keyblade when he starts body hopping. But the figure who appears to be Luxu-Brain has his Keyblade.

Noivern

Awards
So is Secret Report 12 just retconned or does it line up somehow?

Amid the chaos, I bequeathed my Keyblade to one of the Union leaders, just as the Master instructed. I watched as the Five were sent to another worldline—at no small cost—ensuring the line of Keyblade wielders will live on. And now, Keybladeless, I must depart this land to fulfill my final task. This means casting my own body aside and sojourning my heart in vessel after vessel—as many as it takes.

Luxu specifically says he doesn’t have a Keyblade when he starts body hopping. But the figure who appears to be Luxu-Brain has his Keyblade.

It seems like no one agrees on when the taking-the-hood-off scene actually happens with some people believing it's after the final scene of original X before the Dandelions went into the DATA world, while others seem to think it's after his talk with Brain; so it's still in the air, really.

Violet Pluto

Awards
or it has to do with that random thing that was still inside Ventus at the end of KH3 when there should have been none
That's because at the end of BBS Ventus recombined with Vanitas. Also the Vanitas in KH3 was time travelling from before the conclusion of BBS.
That moment when Player's memories are what causes Xehanort to recreate the Ark in Radiant Garden
That moment where Player choosing to be reincarnated is what causes the entirety of the series.

Also @Sign it could always be that the person reincarnated doesn't immediately reincarnate. For all we know there's a backlog of hearts, seeing as death rates and birth rates aren't an equal. I do however think that Nomura's intention is that Player is Xehanort's past life, backlog or no.

ZeVaine

Awards
That's because at the end of BBS Ventus recombined with Vanitas. Also the Vanitas in KH3 was time travelling from before the conclusion of BBS.

That moment where Player choosing to be reincarnated is what causes the entirety of the series.

Also @Sign it could always be that the person reincarnated doesn't immediately reincarnate. For all we know there's a backlog of hearts, seeing as death rates and birth rates aren't an equal. I do however think that Nomura's intention is that Player is Xehanort's past life, backlog or no.
It has to be the case that there's no guarantee WHEN you get reincarnated, and that's the rub of choosing to be reincarnated, OR there's some crazy ass time-traveling non-sense that allows second scala to exist at the same time everything in this final cutscene is happening... and that would just be a bit too much for me to accept honestly.

Or Xehanort would have to have been time warped to second scala first for some reason, and then hidden on Destiny Islands.

Noivern

Awards

Exactly! That's the same conclusion I had so whenever I see people talking about what was the Darkness inside Ventus' heart as if it was a separate being from Vanitas it always confused me. Vanitas was time traveling as much as everyone else, when we defeat him in the graveyard he just goes back in time to before he and Ven merged back together. But now we definitely have a confirmation that one of the Darknesses merged with Ven's own darkness to become Van.
It has to be the case that there's no guarantee WHEN you get reincarnated, and that's the rub of choosing to be reincarnated, OR there's some crazy ass time-traveling non-sense that allows second scala to exist at the same time everything in this final cutscene is happening... and that would just be a bit too much for me to accept honestly.

Or Xehanort would have to have been time warped to second scala first for some reason, and then hidden on Destiny Islands.

On that note, player having a choice on what was going to happen with them was definitely an unusual case, specially if we look at things from a wider perspective; Charithy talked about it in a serene tone, but what actually happened in that moment was.. very dark, all things considered. lol

Xagzan

Awards
I'm also realizing I still don't know what was up with the Dark Chirithy way back in the beginning. And people were telling me Ava was the answer to the traitor question a long time ago, but apparently in was Luxu after all?

Chie

Awards
And people were telling me Ava was the answer to the traitor question a long time ago, but apparently in was Luxu after all?
Anyone who was trying to answer the traitor question did not understand Back Cover in the first place, so theories like that were always misguided (and a good reason to come to your own conclusions). And some people still are even now, after MoM explicitly confirmed the obvious (that the events of Back Cover were to breed distrust in the Leaders), which astounds me.

ZeVaine

Awards
Is it possible that Xehanort's possible mother is a descendant of Skuld? That would explain the different eye color
The question is how she would get there in the past, if she's been 15 in the current timeline, assuming she's Subject X lol

Back