• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Union X enters its final chapter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Katsagu

Awards
So I believe we will see in this last chapter how Daybreak Town turned into Scala right?

Interested to see how this ends.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
My guess is the Traitor didn't carry out their role of turning the tap off before the Keyblade War.
Actually it's going according to plan. The traitor aka Gula decided to flood the world as one of his many ways to revive MoM. It's all going according to plan.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Maybe it is time to introduce FF summons and someone just summoned Leviathan. :p
Haha it wouldn't be too farfetched, seeing as how Daybreak Town's model seems to have something below it. Perhaps someone broke a seal, unleashed that thing and it flooded everything?

LoneFox

Awards
"The day I met the man in the robe, my world was turned upside down" —Xehanort

Here is a theory: MoM's plan must include some way of getting rid of Xehanort after the latter has done his part and destroyed the existing worlds. The Dandelions would be no match for him, especially when he has the χ-blade. So, maybe MoM built a trap for him. Ava delivered the trigger mechanism of this trap to wrong person, who then managed to set it off in UX timeline, and it turned Daybreak Town (or is it just "Break" after the Keyblade War?) upside down and caused the flood.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't think that Player is Xehanort, however, I do think that both of them are connected.

I just don't like the idea of Xehnaort being somebody else in a past life. It undermines his current character.

So here's my question for y'all:

Since DR is a continuation of the KHX series, do you guys want us to continue with our own translations? I wasn't planning to originally, since it seemed like they'd be separate games and would update on the same schedule, but now idk.

Personally, I think it's just a good idea to stick with the official translations. It's a lot of time and effort to translate cutscenes.

D

Deleted member 252753

Neither do I.
I believe that Luxord's somebody, Ludor, is the Player. Mainly because it causes the Yozora stuff to make sense.
I don't like that idea mainly because I can't see the laconic Player turning into the chatty gambler. It seems like a very big personality difference, and not just of the good/evil sort.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Tbh as I've noticed Sign and goldpanner often hit it better with their translations. The "official" ones fuck up to much. I'll say only two things: "Special Attack Bonus" and "Brain". Lol.

LoneFox

Awards
Tbh as I've noticed Sign and goldpanner often hit it better with their translations. The "official" ones fuck up to much. I'll say only two things: "Special Attack Bonus" and "Brain". Lol.
What is wrong with "Brain"? Meaningful names are an intentional thing meant to provide clues...

Both official and unofficial translations contain errors, but for different reasons. In the official ones the problem tends to be in translating between cultures rather than between languages. For example, "lifeboat" is result of either a Japanese translator not knowing the word "ark", or someone being way too cautious about religion. In the unofficial ones, the problem usually is the translator not knowing enough about the story. My favorite example of this is the Cornerstones dialog between MoM and Luxu, where the unofficial translation managed to create an illusion of a powerful enemy that many people here still seem to believe.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What is wrong with "Brain"? Meaningful names are an intentional thing meant to provide clues...

There are legit reasons behind that decision, and I too have since conceded on this matter, but as a name it is still awful xD

Both official and unofficial translations contain errors, but for different reasons. In the official ones the problem tends to be in translating between cultures rather than between languages. For example, "lifeboat" is result of either a Japanese translator not knowing the word "ark", or someone being way too cautious about religion. In the unofficial ones, the problem usually is the translator not knowing enough about the story. My favorite example of this is the Cornerstones dialog between MoM and Luxu, where the unofficial translation managed to create an illusion of a powerful enemy that many people here still seem to believe.

I'm definitely of the opinion that going with lifeboat was an intentional choice to avoid religious references, even though the mainline series has already used ark once in BBS. They also refused to have Player mistake Skuld for a goddess in the Keyblade War (an obvious reference to her namesake), but then they went and translated that scene differently on two occasions lol

Actually these two are probably my biggest criticism of the official localization: a lack of familiarity with past works and lack of consistency. We miss out on references to iconic dialogue from past games (my heart still hurts from no "We'll go together" ;-; ), and repeated scenes from UX itself have had multiple translations.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

"Brain" is not a name for a person but an organ. It's simply stupid when you have an actual name at hand with "Blaine" which is how he was originally called.
What's next? We gonna get introduced to Brain's triplet brothers Loin and Groin as well as their hidden sister Vertebra?

Theme naming is all fine and dandy and it works with the Furrytellers or the BBS trio because it doesn't sound totally ridiculous.

I never claimed that the unofficial translations are flawless, only that they make more sense in conjunction with the rest of the series and simply flow better than several instances of the official ones.

LoneFox

Awards
"Brain" is not a name for a person but an organ. It's simply stupid when you have an actual name at hand with "Blaine" which is how he was originally called.
I agree that it's a bit silly, but Nomura clearly wanted it to be like that, so it's not a translation error.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
(my heart still hurts from no "We'll go together" ;-; )
Wait a minute, what did he say in Global?

Also it's actually baffling that they re-translate scenes already in the damn game.
I mean, I know the team running this localization is kind of garbage (can't count the number of bugs, errors, and broken notices I've seen), but that's just absurd.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait a minute, what did he say in Global?

Also it's actually baffling that they re-translate scenes already in the damn game.
I mean, I know the team running this localization is kind of garbage (can't count the number of bugs, errors, and broken notices I've seen), but that's just absurd.
"Let's go."

Back