• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Union X enters its final chapter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Did anyone else see this?
View attachment 12731
Above the logo, it reads "χ[chi] Series Final Chapter Union χ Dark Road"
Dark Road doesn't share the same app as UX just because. It's there because it's quite literally the same game.
Which makes the link between Player and Xehanort even more interesting, if we consider the χ series to be Player's story.

brb screaming

This is so fascinating. I need more.

chenoehii

Awards
Did anyone else see this?
View attachment 12731
Above the logo, it reads "χ[chi] Series Final Chapter Union χ Dark Road"
Dark Road doesn't share the same app as UX just because. It's there because it's quite literally the same game.
Which makes the link between Player and Xehanort even more interesting, if we consider the χ series to be Player's story.

It made me think what if Player and Xehanort are just the same person, after all, if Xehanort is an anagram of “No Heart” with the Sigil included than what is his name, really? And that what if he was just jetted to the future somehow like some of the others?

But, the whole ‘this is a boy who grew up in Destiny Islands and left the islands for good’ kind of throws a wrench in that. Unless Nomura creates some kind of weird plot hole with the explanation of like ‘well, he lost his memories and then grew into a teenager/young adult on the islands’ but..I don’t think the age thing works out. Isn’t he supposed to be a teenager in DR? It would be weird if he only lived in DI for like one year after showing up randomly and then he was remembered as this kid who left the islands. Doesn’t make sense, but my tinfoil hat is still on. There’s a reason Player’s memories are involved in DR, why Xehanort has the name he has, and why he ends up with goatblade. Somehow it’ll all make sense, I just hope it doesn’t take several more years to find out.

*shuffles back to the hole I crawled out of*

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It made me think what if Player and Xehanort are just the same person, after all, if Xehanort is an anagram of “No Heart” with the Sigil included than what is his name, really? And that what if he was just jetted to the future somehow like some of the others?

But, the whole ‘this is a boy who grew up in Destiny Islands and left the islands for good’ kind of throws a wrench in that. Unless Nomura creates some kind of weird plot hole with the explanation of like ‘well, he lost his memories and then grew into a teenager/young adult on the islands’ but..I don’t think the age thing works out. Isn’t he supposed to be a teenager in DR? It would be weird if he only lived in DI for like one year after showing up randomly and then he was remembered as this kid who left the islands. Doesn’t make sense, but my tinfoil hat is still on. There’s a reason Player’s memories are involved in DR, why Xehanort has the name he has, and why he ends up with goatblade. Somehow it’ll all make sense, I just hope it doesn’t take several more years to find out.

*shuffles back to the hole I crawled out of*
Xehanort's other anagram is Another X. Could also be Another χ, possibly referring to KHx, more specifically, the Player. Also, check this interesting entry for the letter χ:
"In Plato's Timaeus, it is explained that the two bands that form the soul of the world cross each other like the letter Χ."
"two bands that form the soul of the world"
"two bands"
The "χ" in KINGDOM HEARTS χ represent Player and Xehanort. One band is player (\) and the other is Xehanort (/), thus making two bands: X

chenoehii

Awards
Xehanort's other anagram is Another X. Could also be Another χ, possibly referring to KHx, more specifically, the Player. Also, check this interesting entry for the letter χ:
"In Plato's Timaeus, it is explained that the two bands that form the soul of the world cross each other like the letter Χ."
"two bands"
The "χ" in KINGDOM HEARTS χ represent Player and Xehanort. One band is player (\) and the other is Xehanort (/), thus making two bands: X

..This..there’s an infinite number of theories that could be developed from that alone. (How does Nomura even think this up??) I’m so confused. Like, would this support a Xehanort=Player theory or some..weird theory like a split reminiscent of Vanitas/Ventus where Xehanort is one half in the world and the other.. I don’t even know what I’m saying lol

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
"two bands"
You know...
The logo animation for Union χ shows two bands crossing over each other. The first larger than the second.
And the animation for Union χ Dark Road does the same, but now the bands are about the same size...

D

Deleted member 252753

I thought of a theory about Player and Xehanort. What if Player doesn't get jetted to the future but instead is somehow reincarnated over and over again (like Luxu, but not remembering each lifetime), living many lives until eventually becoming Xehanort? I can think of a reason for this too.

In Re Mind Xehanort himself talks about people tainted by darkness and says that they 'repeat the cycle, and their darkness grows'. Now, Player is a good person but in X they are tainted by darkness, which manifests itself in the form of Nightmare Chirithy. Then Player has their memories locked away (occasionally seeping through in dreams) and gets a second chance at life in UX. But why shouldn't Player again be tainted by darkness? Perhaps the darkness in them was only supressed along with their memories and could grow stronger this time around. And then if Player were to repeat this cycle of living and forgetting over and over again, their darkness could grow and grow, and eventually become dominant in their heart.

Luxu lived many lives throughout the ''cyclical history of bequeathings" (secret report 12), awaiting the day when a 'Keyblade Master devoted to darkness may finally arise' (13). And we have been told that 'destiny never leaves anything to chance' so maybe the MoM's plan wasn't simply to wait for the Seeker of Darkness to eventually be born but rather to create one by strengthening Player's darkness over a cycle of many lifetimes. 'Project Xehanort', if you will.

I like Ballad's Plato idea too. I can see this question of whether anything is real or not taking inspiration from Plato's cave

Last edited by a moderator:

AR829038

Awards
Personally, I think any twist that involves the Player secretly being Xehanort this whole time would just be irredeemably stupid. Not to mention, if they were going to do something like that, they should have done it BEFORE KH3. Frankly, I think it's still a huge mistake that they didn't do Dark Road before KH3, as it would have provided much greater development for Xehanort's character before offing him instead of just retrospectively looking back at a character who should at this point be completely gone from the series equation.
But just the thought that they might actually go through with something this convoluted and unnecessary makes my blood curdle. Xehanort was a fine character as he was. Tacking on a bizarre and unnecessary backstory on top of the one he already has would just ruin him imo. Not to mention, what purpose would it serve? Is Xehanort gone or is he not? If they're going to start making connections like that to the X saga for his character, then that would imply that he'll have some importance to the story going forward, and frankly, that's a terrible idea. I loved Xehanort as a villain (despite flaws in his writing), but we were promised a definitive ending to his story. I want that ending to stay, and be left unadulterated. He got a perfect sendoff, and we've been dealing with him as a villain for the past two decades. The man is dead, let him rest, stop tacking stuff onto him as if that makes him more complex.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
You know...
The logo animation for Union χ shows two bands crossing over each other. The first larger than the second.
And the animation for Union χ Dark Road does the same, but now the bands are about the same size...
Oh, God. We've never seen a younger iteration of Xehanort. What if Xehanort is an amnesiac Player?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So here's my question for y'all:

Since DR is a continuation of the KHX series, do you guys want us to continue with our own translations? I wasn't planning to originally, since it seemed like they'd be separate games and would update on the same schedule, but now idk.

Foxycian

Awards
So can someone please elaborate? if union X ends will the game shut down like the Kh chi? Since they said this is the final chapter.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So can someone please elaborate? if union X ends will the game shut down like the Kh chi? Since they said this is the final chapter.
Final chapter in the Union leader's story =/= game is being terminated

D

Deleted member 252753

Since DR is a continuation of the KHX series, do you guys want us to continue with our own translations? I wasn't planning to originally, since it seemed like they'd be separate games and would update on the same schedule, but now idk.
I would really like that so I can be aware of issues with the official translations and yours and Goldpanner's versions are really good. Obviously I wouldn't begrudge you wanting to not dedicating your time to it though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I would really like that so I can be aware of issues with the official translations and yours and Goldpanner's versions are really good. Obviously I wouldn't begrudge you wanting to not dedicating your time to it though.
My sentiments exactly. I would very much love to be up to date with the direction Dark Road's story takes, but if you guys don't wanna do it, then by all means take a rest.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Even if Global launches DR at the same time, who knows if they'll keep parity with story updates...
And throughout UX we've all seen how SENA has, uh, different opinions about how to translate the game.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm going to go with what Dast said. Whenever I hear of a KH update of translating anything I come here first to read it since updates are really fast, though I haven't been on Khinsider for very long lol. So I'll trust what the others are saying about how things are run from my newbie perspective.

Truthfully I just got into the Union X stuff last year after KH3 ended. So I'm just following along with whatever is put up for translations here. I'll be following Dark Road's translations from the start, even though I can't play.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Then it's settled! Goldpanner and I will continue and translate/sub the Japanese version of DR :D
original.gif

Foxycian

Awards
For me Khux Story is really Good, but the Gameplay on the other hand is... Eh ok I guess, It’s not the Best but just ok.

Back