• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Union X enters its final chapter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Possibly in regards to Luxord. Given what we know of him is that he could have been faking ignorance and just went with Xemnas' assumptions
Maybe, maybe not. For all we know, Demyx could appear at the end of KHUx, or actually be a denizen of Scala ad Caelum.

...or maybe not

Or maybe he's the MoM (never forget that Nomura specifically foreshadowed his appearance in Re:MIND)

Muke

whatever
Awards
I‘m not gonna lie, I *am* glad that this series enters its final chapter. That just means we might get updates faster. It‘s amazing to me that the X-series has been going on for 7 years.

Let’s disregard everything except the story for a second. I loved X [chi], still do. The theories and discussions whenever a new story update dropped were fun to read through and participate. I guess the more time passed, the more I grew out of love with the X-era. I think I‘m one of the only ones who genuinely enjoyed the Foretellers and the whole Keyblade War.

I felt very neutral about Unchained. Union Cross, though? There were some ups and downs. I loved Strelitzia, I still don‘t know why. I wish she hadn‘t been killed. I don‘t know if it was because of slow updated but I felt like the murder mystery was kind of dropped a little and has now been given the „spotlight“ again since the latest update. I wonder how it will all end. We still don‘t know who the cloaked girl from the Keyart is..

Anyways, if it weren‘t for the slow updates, in my opinion the X-series has a really strong plot. I hope they will explore this arc again in a few years and refine it a little

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I‘m not gonna lie, I *am* glad that this series enters its final chapter. That just means we might get updates faster. It‘s amazing to me that the X-series has been going on for 7 years.
I'm also glad. This could open the possibility of, perhaps, either getting a KHUx movie or console game.

Let’s disregard everything except the story for a second. I loved X [chi], still do. The theories and discussions whenever a new story update dropped were fun to read through and participate. I guess the more time passed, the more I grew out of love with the X-era. I think I‘m one of the only ones who genuinely enjoyed the Foretellers and the whole Keyblade War.
I enjoyed every aspect as well. It's the saga that has a better storytelling than Xehanort's, even though it was limited to updates.

I felt very neutral about Unchained. Union Cross, though? There were some ups and downs. I loved Strelitzia, I still don‘t know why. I wish she hadn‘t been killed. I don‘t know if it was because of slow updated but I felt like the murder mystery was kind of dropped a little and has now been given the „spotlight“ again since the latest update. I wonder how it will all end. We still don‘t know who the cloaked girl from the Keyart is..
Yeah, one of KHUx's problems was pacing.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Something else I want to know is why exactly does Verum Rex have a connection to the Keyblade legacy. Neither Yozora nor his companions fight with keyblades. Maybe Yozora's ancestors lost the ability to use those weapons over time
Yozora can steal Sora's Keyblade by digitizing and merging it with his sword. Maybe Verum Rex's connection is that its people developed anti-Keyblade tech.

Other than that, there's the suspiciously Sora-like skull patch with Keyblades on Yozora's sleeve, and that has to mean something, but what? Did Sora create a fashion brand in an alternate timeline or something?

Possibly in regards to Luxord. Given what we know of him is that he could have been faking ignorance and just went with Xemnas' assumptions
Still annoyed it wasn't touched on afterwards. I wanted to see how those four dealt with the plot twist outside of their first reaction. Demyx looked worried and Luxord seemed genuinely confused.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Union χ[Cross] is ending.

It specifically says ユニオンリーダー編, or "Union Leader story/arc"
So for those of you celebrating UX's end of service, I would perhaps cool your jets for now.
It's entirely possible we'll just be moving on to a new story arc. For example, we still have no idea what's been happening outside in the real world after the Keyblade War. The Foretellers and Luxu have been MIA ever since the Union Leader arc began.
We don't know when Daybreak Town is destroyed, or why, or how it becomes Scala ad Caelum.
I believe there's still more to come.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Honestly, fuck all of you bitching in my threads for the past 7 years about a game most of you don't even play. GP and I have dealt with the BS and disrespect for long enough :mad:

Besides, y'all are just going to turn around and take your complaints to the DR threads anyway.
Look, it isn't you or goldpanner's fault that this series had an intimate love affair with mobileshit gacha. But it would help massively if we collectively called SE out on their shit and killed KHUX (and KHDR), forcing them to explore other avenues for money (like, idk, a cohesive story in a multi-part adventure that doesn't LITERALLY WASTE TIME WITH INANE FILLER AND 5 MINUTE TEXT SCENES THAT GO NOWHERE).

We still don't know who darkness is btw.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Maybe Verum Rex's connection is that its people developed anti-Keyblade tech.
huuuuuuuh maybe this is the response to stopping the Keyblade War? Develop anti Keyblade technology?

So for those of you celebrating UX's end of service, I would perhaps cool your jets for now.
It's entirely possible we'll just be moving on to a new story arc. For example, we still have no idea what's been happening outside in the real world after the Keyblade War. The Foretellers and Luxu have been MIA ever since the Union Leader arc began.
We don't know when Daybreak Town is destroyed, or why, or how it becomes Scala ad Caelum.
I mean, they can pretty much cover all of that in the new update.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Look, it isn't you or goldpanner's fault that this series had an intimate love affair with mobileshit gacha. But it would help massively if we collectively called SE out on their shit and killed KHUX (and KHDR), forcing them to explore other avenues for money (like, idk, a cohesive story in a multi-part adventure that doesn't LITERALLY WASTE TIME WITH INANE FILLER AND 5 MINUTE TEXT SCENES THAT GO NOWHERE).

Unless you'd like to try your hand at shifting the entire nation of Japan's cultural perspective on mobile games, this isn't going away any time soon.
I mean, they can pretty much cover all of that in the new update.
Maybe. But it seems strange to rebrand the app as Union χ Dark Road is the Union χ half is ending a few months later.
And I believe if they were really announcing the end of service, they'd be more explicit about it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
And I believe if they were really announcing the end of service, they'd be more explicit about it.
If they outright kill KHUx, they'll kill Dark Road adoption. I'm of the opinion that they'll casually update KHUx and then maybe kill it off after DR is finished.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The way people are acting is like UX is being terminated within a few months. I fully expect this final chapter of the Union leaders' story to be stretched out at least a year.

In the event that UX continues past this, I'm curious to see where it goes. Hard to imagine a story without the Union leaders.

Then do that in the appropriate channels? It's that simple. I recommend the UX subreddit and its corresponding Discord channel. The community manager is quite active there.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
In the event that UX continues past this, I'm curious to see where it goes. Hard to imagine a story without the Union leaders.
We know that "the Five" get rocketed into the future, which leaves a couple characters left behind in the past. So a third arc could center around them.

With Xehanort having dreams of Player's life in DR, I'm wondering if perhaps the end of the Union Leader arc somehow transitions Player's storyline into Dark Road? The endgame for Player has always been a bit of a mystery. I wonder if it's possible they might dip out of the story and UX follows a different character at some point.

D

Deleted member 252753

I guess UX will need to address the 'demise' of the world predicted by Luxu in his Secret Report. For some reason I assumed the Five escaped more or less as the world was ending but if that isn't the case and the UX world persists for a bit after Ven and the other leaders have left, then I wonder what the exact agent of the world's destruction would be. Heartless? Maybe the glitches getting worse and worse until the data world is erased? I am looking forward to seeing how it works. Plus, will see see Nightmare Chirithy again?

Last edited by a moderator:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I just want it to end. 😭

huuuuuuuh maybe this is the response to stopping the Keyblade War? Develop anti Keyblade technology?
And why Keyblades are so rare now? Maybe what Yozora meant by "saving" Sora was saving him from the Keyblade legacy?

Keyblades are first and foremost weapons of destruction that destroyed the World, so it makes sense why someone would want to develop something against that.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I fully expect this final chapter of the Union leaders' story to be stretched out at least a year.
Uhh... D:

The endgame for Player has always been a bit of a mystery.
In before Subject X is actually the Player.

I just want it to end. 😭

And why Keyblades are so rare now? Maybe what Yozora meant by "saving" Sora was saving him from the Keyblade legacy?

Keyblades are first and foremost weapons of destruction that destroyed the World, so it makes sense why someone would want to develop something against that.
That makes a lot of sense. So there might be a fight between people that support th Keyblade Legacy while others that are against it?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Uhh... D:
I mean, my ideal scenario is for them to clarify that they still have more stories to tell with the Player and UX will continue even after the leaders' story has concluded, but I don't think you guys will like that xD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That makes a lot of sense. So there might be a fight between people that support th Keyblade Legacy while others that are against it?
Bingo. And might be how Luxu and the Furrytellers will stay involved going forward. This theory at least finally gives me something to work with for them.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I mean, my ideal scenario is for them to clarify that they still have more stories to tell with the Player and UX will continue even after the leaders' story has concluded, but I don't think you guys will like that xD
Definitely an unpopular opinion but one I can get behind. I'm on the χ train for as long as it lasts.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Hey, as long as we get monthly updates, I'm happy lol.

Bingo. And might be how Luxu and the Furrytellers will stay involved going forward. This theory at least finally gives me something to work with for them.
Which would be a plot twist: you end up joining with the Foretellers to stop the erasure of the Keyblades.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Did anyone else see this?
last chapter UXDR.jpg
Above the logo, it reads "χ[chi] Series Final Chapter Union χ Dark Road"
Dark Road doesn't share the same app as UX just because. It's there because it's quite literally the same game.
Which makes the link between Player and Xehanort even more interesting, if we consider the χ series to be Player's story.

Back