• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Union X end of service and release of offline mode postponed to June 17, 2021

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix have released a statement regarding the end of service update for the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts Union X, which was originally scheduled to take place on April 30th, 2021.

The plan was to release the final story update on that day and take the app to offline mode, stripping it of all playable elements and leaving only player customization and theater mode.

However, there's been a change in plans and the finale will now be released in two parts. As a result, the end of service and release of offline mode will be postponed to June 17th, 2021. Details regarding the remaining story updates will be announced at a later date.

Regarding various events:

• PVP will end on May 28th
  • Raid Events will end on May 29th
  • Weekly Missions will end on May 30th
  • No additional PVE sessions will be held for KHDR past the final one ending on April 25th

Last edited by a moderator:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Oh my god. I don’t know how much more of this I could take. I was feeling so cathartic that it would finally end, but then they torture us with this.

That said, I have over 300k jewels left and I’m split between getting medals and keyblade upgrades, or DR cards. Any suggestions?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Odd that it's such a big delay. Wonder just how much happens in the final update that they felt the need to split it up.

Also wondering if this will delay the complete release of Dark Road.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also wondering what this means for Global since they were going to end service in May. Now that the finale has been split into two parts, is JP going to wind up with the extra month (or half I guess) or will they both be booted to June?

But please for the love of god, fix the skirt glitch and bring back the old story events, that's all I want. (Also old avatars too but I guess that's a moot point.)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wow, now I'm even starting to get impatient. Can they drag this on any longer?
It's not like they're doing this on purpose? All payment services were disabled months ago so they're not making money from this game anyways.

I'd imagine the scope of the remaining story updates became larger than anticipated and their only two animators needed more time to get everything done.

blank points

Awards
It's not like they're doing this on purpose? All payment services were disabled months ago so they're not making money from this game anyways.

I'd imagine the scope of the remaining story updates became larger than anticipated and their only two animators needed more time to get everything done.
I know. I guess I'm just a bit tired and grumpy lol. It's just that we we gearing up for the end, and than something else comes along. It's like the neverending story at times. But at least, if the scale of the update caused this delay, it sounds like it will end on a bang.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hmmm, no notices on Global side. Guess we're still on track to end in May.

Katsagu

Awards
Yeah this seems like the dev team didn't have time to finish the update in time. Hoping the 2 animators are all right.

That being said...

giphy.gif

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The only justification that I can see for the changed schedule is Nomura wanting to add additional story content that was not originally planned for the finale.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Wonder why they're just now delaying it. With such a delay, it should have been clear that there were issues earlier than now. Maybe there were last minute changes to the story?

I take it there won't be an update this month.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh my god. I don’t know how much more of this I could take. I was feeling so cathartic that it would finally end, but then they torture us with this.

That said, I have over 300k jewels left and I’m split between getting medals and keyblade upgrades, or DR cards. Any suggestions?
Focus on what you feel will be most beneficial for your collection?

Cumguardian69

Awards
Just realized its already april 16th...guys its only 2 more months. Let khux breath a bit.

Back