• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road Will Shut Down May 2021

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Today, Square Enix and Disney have announced that KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road will cease service May 30, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. (PDT) / May 31, 2021 1:00 (UTC).

The team behind KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road have written this message about the end of the service and how to transfer your data:

[Important] End of Service Announcement

Hello, Keyblade wielders.

Thank you for playing KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road. We have an important announcement regarding the future of this title.

The KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ story will conclude this Apr. Following this, KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road will end service on May 30, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. (PDT) / May 31, 2021 1:00 (UTC). An offline version of this app will be made available so players can enjoy the entire story. KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road will be playable offline and KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ will be available as a theater mode.

It is with a heavy heart that we make this announcement, and we sincerely apologize for the news. The entire KHUXDR team is deeply grateful for all the support and enthusiasm players have shared throughout the years, and we look forward to what the future holds.

※ Please read the details regarding the offline version here.
※ Players’ current data will transfer to the offline version. Please understand that following the end of service, player data will not transfer if the app is reinstalled after being deleted or changing to a different device. Please read the details regarding transferring player data here.
※ An offline version will not be released for the Amazon App Store.
※ Services and support may be discontinued in the future.

Schedule up to End of Service

・End of service announcement (today’s announcement)
Feb. 24, 2021 10:00 p.m. (PST)
Feb. 25, 2021 6:00 (UTC)

・Suspension of Jewel sales (same as today’s announcement)
Feb. 24, 2021 10:00 p.m. (PST)
Feb. 25, 2021 6:00 (UTC)
※ Any currently owned Jewels can be used until the end of service.
※ Google Play Points can no longer be used toward Jewel purchases from this date.

・End of service
May 30, 2021 6:00 p.m. (PDT)
May 31, 2021 1:00 (UTC)

Regarding the Offline Version

Following the end of service, the online version of KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road will receive an update and become the offline version of the app. This version will be available for free to download and install.
※The planned schedule and contents are subject to change. We ask for your understanding.

■Offline version schedule

・End of service (maintenance starts)
May 30, 2021 6:00 p.m. (PDT)
May 31, 2021 1:00 (UTC)

・Offline version (Ver 4.4.0) release
May 30, 2021 after maintenance ends

・Offline version (Ver 5.0.0) update
Planned for end of September, 2021

■Offline version functionality
【 Ver 4.4.0 】
KINGDOM HEARTS
Union χ
◆Replay story in [Theater Mode]
 - Watch the story from beginning to end
 - Customize player avatar
※ Most avatar parts will be available for use regardless of what was owned in the online version.
 - Change Keyblade
※ All Keyblades will be available regardless of what was owned in the online version.
※ Story Quests, events, Medal leveling and enhancement, and other playable parts of the game will no longer be available.

◆Play Mini Games [Classic Kingdom]
The 5 mini games that are currently available in the online version will transfer over to the offline version. There will be no rankings.

◆View your Records [Records]
You can view your records from the time of data transfer with the version update.
KINGDOM HEARTS
Dark Road
Unable to play with Ver 4.4.0 will not be playable.
It will be playable after the Ver 5.0.0 update.
【 Ver 5.0.0 】
KINGDOM HEARTS
Union χ
Same as Ver 4.4.0.
KINGDOM HEARTS
Dark Road
◆Enjoy the story and the battles in [Main Quest]
◆Replay the story in [Theater Mode]
※ Story will be unlocked up to the ending.

◆Earn BP and materials in [World Battle]
◆Level up and equip accessories in [Stats]
◆View the enemies you’ve defeated and Cards you own in [Enemy Album] & [Card Album]
◆Buy items with BP in the [Shop]
◆Craft accessories with the materials you’ve collected in [Crafting]

※ All Cards can be purchased with BP in the [Shop].
※ Missions, Events, PVE, Deals, and the Present Box will no longer be available following the end of service.
※ In accordance with the closure of Deals, Shop Points will no longer be available. It is recommended to use all Shop Points by the end of service.

How to Transfer Data

From Ver 4.3.0 to the release of Ver 4.4.0 (offline version), a portion of a player’s data can be saved onto their device. Please do so by tapping [Save User Data] on the title screen.

※ This data will be saved onto the player’s device and uninstalling the app or deleting the data will result in not being able to transfer so please proceed with caution.

■ Transferred data
KINGDOM HEARTS
Union χ
- Name
- Title
- Union
- Records

※ Name, Title, and Union can be changed after the offline version releases.
KINGDOM HEARTS
Dark Road
- Level
- Earned BP
- Main Quest progress
- Album (Enemies + Cards)
- Owned Card details
- Owned Accessory and Material details

※ Passive Effects will transfer with the Album and can continue to be obtained in the offline version.

We thank you, our players, again for your support and enthusiasm. A short time remains before the end of service on May 30, 2021, but we would love to see everyone continue to enjoy KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road until then.

May your heart be your guiding key.

Feb. 24, 2021
KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road Management Team
Further information was released about various services within the game:

● Draw

You'll be able to draw until the end of service, and will open Spirit Blind Box.

● Moogle Shop

Various items have been added.
You'll be able to purchase Gem, Skill, Trait, Subslot Medals.

● WJE and Enhancement Quests

You will not be able to purchase after Feb. 24, 2021 10:00 p.m.(PT)
*There will not be any bonus jewels or VIP Quests after March 1st, due to the cancellation of selling jewels.
*Any already purchased perks can be used normally until it's expiration date.

● Limited VIP Board

Everything will end on Mar. 7, 11:59 p.m.  
*Limited VIP Coins will not reset.  
*You will not be able to use Limited VIP Coins anymore, so it's recommended to use them all up.

● Gem Boards

Boards listed below has ended along with the maintenance on Feb. 24

Enhancement Set+: Power Gems board
Enhancement Set+: Speed Gems board
Enhancement Set+: Magic Gems board
Permanent Avatar Boards except for Gem Boards will continue until the end of service.
Raid Boards and Cross Boards will still be available. However, there are no more new boards except them.

● Various Events

Events listed below will continue on until the end of service.

Weekly Lux Ranking

Will continue until end of service.
Weekly LUX ranking near the end of service cannot be rewarded due to maintenance reasons on the end date.

Weekly Raid Event

Will continue until the end of service.
The event may be held for more than a week at the end of the month and the beginning of the month.
Raid events and raid boards near the end of service will change due to maintenance reasons.

Union Cross

There will be one union cross event that will continue on after March 1st.

PvE

You will not get ranking rewards on the month of end of service.
You will be able to receive current board rewards and Tier rewards until the start of the maintenance. 

PvP

PvP will be available until May 28, 2021 11:59 p.m. (PT)
* The timeframe will be shorter during the last week of May, 25th to May 28th.
* There will be no radient rewards for the week.

Daily Mission

Weekly Mission

Weekly missions will change due to maintenance on end of service date.

Limited Mission

Final limited mission will start after the maintenance. Player will be able to receive the last commemorative title.

Tutorial Quests

Training Stage

The Keyblade War

● Story Quest, Proud Mode Quest

logo

Planning on adding up to the final episode of the scenario.
Players will be notified soon as the quest is added.

● Spirit Training Campaign

★ Spirit Training Campaign!
Replace weaker Special Traits with stronger ones!
Campaign will run until the end of service.

■Special Traits
・There are different types of Special Traits which are listed below.
・You have the option to replace your Special Trait if your Medal already has one.

Special Trait Unlock Rate
Extra Attack: 120% Power 6.00%
Damage in Raids +100% 6.00%
Poison Resist 100% 6.60%
Sleep Resist 100% 6.60%
Paralysis Resist 100% 6.60%
STR +2000 6.00%
Aerial Enemy DEF -70% 7.05%
Ground Enemy DEF -70% 7.05%
STR +200 10.00%
STR +400 9.00%
STR +500 7.70%
Max Gauges +3 6.80%
Damage in Raids +20% 7.70%
Damage in Raids +30% 6.90%

● KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road

Draw
You will be able to draw until the end of service.
Event / Mission
It will continue on until the end of service.
Tower Of Trials
Tower Of Trials will continue until the service ends.
It will be added 3 times below.

Mar. 8, 2021 12:00 a.m. to Mar. 21, 2021 11:59 p.m. (PT)  
Mar. 29, 2021 12:00 a.m. to Apr. 11, 2021 11:59 p.m. (PT)  
Apr. 19, 2021 12:00 a.m. to Apr. 25, 2021 11:59 p.m. (PT)

A message from Tetsuya Nomura was also released about the end of the service:

- A Letter from the Director -

To our KINGDOM HEARTS fans,

Firstly, I’d like to thank you all very much for taking this journey with us for over 5 years.
As previously announced, the final chapter of KINGDOM HEARTS Unionχ has been written and the story will be coming to a close.
The story for Dark Road will continue for a bit longer and can also be enjoyed in the offline version of the app, so you can enjoy that story at your own pace as well.

For me personally, I remember getting excited the first time I saw the game playing smoothly on a smartphone screen in 2D when Unchainedχ was first made into an app.
That was 6-7 years ago now, but the series has continued to evolve through multiple versions, beginning with the browser version, χ, which became the mobile version Unchainedχ, which in turn became Unionχ, leading to the start of Dark Road.
There are only a few months left but I would be happy if you stayed with us until the end.
I’d also love to see those who have yet to experience the game journey with us to its conclusion.
The excitement and intensity of the remaining chapters is really going to ramp up, and I think you’ll all enjoy what we have planned.

I’m looking forward to the not so far-off day when I can meet you all again.
You have our heartfelt gratitude for being a part of the KINGDOM HEARTS series.
Thank you all very much.

Director of the KINGDOM HEARTS series
Tetsuya Nomura

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, NEO: The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:

PikaPal

Awards
So we’re reaching the endgame territory for this app now (or rather the Union X part since Dark Road’s story is still going).

It’s super crazy to think of just how long this app and the story has been going, more crazy that it’s been with us for even longer which I never knew before I found out on Wikipedia.

the red monster

Awards
The picture looks interesting.

on one hand i'm glad it's finally over, but also sad we won't get the frequent KH content .

Katsagu

Awards
05d2a5abbc41ac89cd1387d3a3aad088.png

So if I'm reading this correctly the final, probably huge, Dark Road story drop will happen when Version 5.0 releases? And that is by the end of september. I was wondering, because we haven't gotten a story update since November... Maybe they're saving it all, and droping it at the same time.

Man I thought I'd never see the day, when DR released I kind of got into UX for a little bit, but man, if I had to look over the KH history of games, X has probably been one of the worst ventures the series has taken and I can't say I'm to sad to see it go.

Though, I'm pretty sure some type of mobile game will come sooner or later again.

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm sad we won't get renders of characters who never interacted with each other, but damn if I haven't waited on this for a while

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I feel bad for those who genuinely enjoyed the story, but the writing was on the wall that the story would end (especially since they said we were in the final chapter last June).

But this game was a stain on the Kingdom Hearts brand due to its predatory gambling practices. It's absolutely shameful that Square Enix and BitGroove went so extreme with no mercy banners, guaranteed medal after 15-30 3000 jewel pulls, advertisements of bonus jewels after buying the $160 AUD jewel package, and the events that encouraged having certain Keyblade builds that were achievable through whaling.

The story lives on in the theatre mode and in the novel (perhaps a second novel could be delivered unto us?) so I'm glad those who enjoy the story can look back on it fondly. I just wish the rest of the "game" hadn't been assigned to the Kingdom Hearts brand.

Also a BIG round of applause should be given to @Goldpanner for her amazing work over the last 8 or so years, tirelessly providing translations for thousands of people to enjoy, and coining official Kingdom Hearts names and terms such as Chirithy and Foretellers. Goldpanner, you are absolutely amazing and a beautiful person and thank you so, so much for everything you have done for us through Kingdom Hearts X, Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts Union X, and Kingdom Hearts Dark Road ❤️

NoWay

Awards
HELL YEAH IT WAS ABOUT TIME

Now give us KH 3.5 including KH3+ ReMind, MoM and a UnionX/Dark Road movie which recaps the WHOLE story so that nobody has to play this awful mobile games.

I wouldn’t mind if the movie lasted 2-3hrs just like Days and ReCoded.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Guess I'm never finishing the keyblade war event :/ Never came close to even putting a dent in Aced.

blank points

Awards
Wow, so we've finally reached the end. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting the DR story to be as short as it was, but ultimately thats a good thing, after how long the Union X story dragged on. If there was one silver lining though, it was the fact that it at least gave us some regular KH content to enjoy to ease the droughts. All the same, I agree with Chaser above. Although I enjoyed the story, the extreme P2W quality of the game really kind of hurt it. Glad we can finally close this chapter of KH, and move on. I also agree that all of us owe the biggest thank you to the KHInsider staff and Goldpanner, for constantly keeping us up to date with all updates that came to the game, and for giving us the great translations, respectively.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Hip hip, Hooray!!!
I had a lot of hopes when this game first released, even though it was a mobile game. I don't like mobile games because they're all so predatory, but, for some weird reason, I thought this one would be different.

Well, it wasn't. I stopped playing years ago but kept up with the story thanks to the awesome staff on this site~

I am happy the story is finally coming to an end. They dragged it out way too long and completely drained even the most avid fans' interest.

Should they try to make a Kingdom Hearts mobile game again, I can only hope they present the story better than they did and be less money grubbing (but I doubt it)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Wow, I really wasn't expecting end of service to happen so suddenly. Even Jewel purchasing was suspended, which seems crazy to me considering there's still two months to go.

What's even more surprising is that they're converting the game into an offline version.
Though it's a shame UX will only be a theater mode, and that you can't back up your data in any way to transfer to a new device.
Kind of insane to think that, for the first time in the better part of a decade, there will be nothing releasing between May and September. Not even a Disney filler episode.

Chie

Awards
YES! YES! YESSSSSSSS!!!!

This is beyond my dreams. I thought Kingdom Hearts would be stuck being told in parallel between proper entries and dripfeed cutscenes on a system I can't use indefinitely because it (theoretically) makes money. I'm honestly very shocked this is allowed to happen. And both of the stories will be told within the year, wow! (I hope Dark Road isn't super truncated because of this, but it almost doesn't really matter if they have pressing reasons to just make a Re: game or whatever.)

Kingdom Hearts is finally saved for me.

Back