• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X Development Report #3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X will be celebrating the 1st anniversary of its Japanese release on September 3rd. In honor of that, Director Tetsuya Nomura has a special message to the players to let us know what we can look forward to in future updates.

Translations thanks to goldpanner!

KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ

- A Message from the Director -

KHUχ One Year Anniversary Comment

Still only one year has passed, but I think it has been another packed one. In this one year we have caught up to the world of the forerunner KINGDOM HEARTSχ, which also reaches its end along with this milestone. However, we have prepared two new large developments for the future of the world of KINGDOM HEARTS Unchainedχ.

One of these is multiplayer, in which you can enjoy battling heartless and running around the field with your party members using the exact same comfortable controls as always. Being able to adventure with your friends easily on your smartphone is a matter that had been on my mind about for several years now. Needless to say, the fact that the development staff proposed this plan so early without me even saying anything about it had me whispering "we are connected" in my heart.

The other is a big development regarding the story. The start of season two is still some way off, but the events leading up to it will begin as main story. And, to go with that work on three new worlds has already begun. The third will be a new world starting from season two, and it will be a new Disney world that has not appeared in the KH series so far.

Moving away from KHUχ for a little, there was the 'Ventus' I drew for the KHχ 3rd anniversary card, and the 'Maleficent' that appeared in the KHχ Special Episode who left some deeply meaningful words. I hope these all clued you into the new developments that will be starting soon.

I plan to make the most of this comment space in the future, too, and by all means enjoy KINGDOM HEARTS Unchainedχ.

KINGDOM HEARTS Series Director Tetsuya Nomura

Future KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ Update Plans!

- New world to be introduced in Main Quests! [October 2016~]

New story, and even new worlds will be released in turn. Here we introduce a section of the map of a new world.
*Note: Image appears to depict Cinderella's chateau, in the Castle of Dreams.

- And! Introducing multiplayer mode, where you can play with several people at once! [January 2017~]

Quests involving adventuring with multiple party members currently under development. You will be able to complete the quests by playing and communicating with party members. 

Here we introduce an in-development screenshot of moving while using in-person messages.

- And, we will celebrate the one year anniversary all September long!

KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ was released on the 3rd of September one year ago. Several events and campaigns will begin from midnight on the 1st of September (Thursday), so please look forward to it!

We hope you continue to enjoy KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, and thank you for supporting us! 

Source: KHUX PR

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Holy shit this was so unexpected! I can't wait, Castle of Dreams looks so cute!!! I hope there's another Lucifer boss battle 8D

Nauvio

I see them attacking the quest boss all at once. How will turns work for that? My best guess is: (Player 1 > Enemy > Player 2 > Enemy > Player 3 . . . etc. )

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I see them attacking the quest boss all at once. How will turns work for that? My best guess is: (Player 1 > Enemy > Player 2 > Enemy > Player 3 . . . etc. )
I think it's likely that the multiplayer quest bosses will be stronger than normal bosses, probably wouldn't be as much fun if one player could single-handedly destroy the enemy.

funny how it mentions Ven's appearance in KHx's 3rd anniversary art and Maleficent in Unchained 0 being the start of "new developments", too...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I just realized that October 2016 is only like a month away 8D

Luxu

Awards
Time to get the crew back together and kill some heartless, even though most heartless I can one, or two shot because of my medals and level

Muke

whatever
Awards
MULTIPLAYER MODE
COD
the games has gotten so much better D: (jpn vers)

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I am SO excited! I love how adorable Castle of Dreams looks, and I couldn't be happier that we are getting a multiplayer feature of some kind! This hopefully means that I can convince more of my friends to play...

I can't wait to see how season 2 ties into Kingdom Hearts 3! That dialogue by Maleficent left me so intrigued! I wonder what the new world could be? I wonder if it will be a world for KH3 that will be revealed via this game?

stareyedprince

"Being able to adventure with your friends easily on your smartphone is a matter that had been on my mind about for several years now. Needless to say, the fact that the development staff proposed this plan so early without me even saying anything about it had me whispering "we are connected" in my heart."

Why is Nomura is such a dork lol

But anyway, now that we know Ventus was put there on purpose, along with Maleficent being thrown in the mix, something's definitely coming up. My personal bet is that we're gonna run into Ven during his 10 year sleep maybe? Either way I think we're gonna see more realm of sleep shenanigans than before.

That multiplayer aspect looks great, can't wait for this to hit NAUX soon! Also, anyone check NAUX twitter recently? sounds like they're adding big updates this week, probably the proud quests?

LingeringVanitas

So I got to wait until January in order to beat quest 425. Because teaming up is the only way I will ever beat it.
But, thats epic news though!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
ACTUAL multi-player!? A NEW DISNEY WORLD!? (please also be in kh3 lol) That Ventus drawing really did mean something!? I honestly just screamed a lot ha.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Three new worlds, so Enchanted Dominion, Castle of Dreams and a new one that didn't appear in Kingdom Hearts yet. I'm super excited.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
A world that has yet to appear you say?
Yep, right there in the OP:

And, to go with that work on three new worlds has already begun. The third will be a new world starting from season two, and it will be a new Disney world that has not appeared in the KH series so far.

ImVentus

Awards
Gee I did not expect these news so soon after that cliffhanger with Maleficent. But man am I excited:biggrin: I knew there was a reason for Ven to be on that artwork but how it's going to turn out is beyond me, except that means more character development for Ven:smile:. A new Disney world never introduced before? Could it be Jungle Book or is it a princess focused world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back