• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained x[Chi] on set for Japanese Release Next Week

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The official Japanese Kingdom Hearts Unchained x[Chi] Twitter account posted a tweet today about the delivery status about Unchained x which states that the smartphone app just passed distribution tests and is on schedule for a September release in Japan. The interesting part is that it says that the game might be released next week, the first week of September!

というわけで、KHUx運営チームからのご案内です。 本日、プラットフォーマー様審査を無事通過できました。 順調にいけば来週には配信予定となります。 まだ事前登録壁紙を入手していない方は、お早目にお願いいたします!

"Which brings us to a word from the KHUx management team. Today we were able to safely pass the distribution platform's inspection. If all goes well, we plan to begin service next week. You had better hurry if you still haven't gotten a pre-registration wallpaper!"

Translations by Goldpanner!

There's still no word from either Square Enix America or Square Enix Europe about a Western release date.

WaveK89

Awesome progress, I'd say. I feel bad because I keep forgetting about this game, but I am excited for it.

YumiMoto

Ayyye! Hopefully we hear something about the North America Release. *crosses fingers*

MaxialstarOA

Let's pray for the American release being soon.

They must be working already in translation since they have most of in-game graphics in English already such as the Avatar Board symbols and other little things.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
(Curse this forum and it's ?????????????)

I really hope it's English release is soon. I've gotten really use to Mobile gaming lately thanks to Record Keeper so once this drops I'll be right into it.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, once this drops in Japan, the NA release won't be far behind, so I'm hoping for an October release.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well that was fast! Hope this means the NA release isn't too far behind. *suddenly wishes I had a smartphone*

(Curse this forum and it's ?????????????)
*does best Eraqus impression* I blame the darkness.

Xera Highwind

This is unfair, North America should get it first since Japan already has a version of it. Blah, it'll get here soon enough though.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This is unfair, North America should get it first since Japan already has a version of it. Blah, it'll get here soon enough though.

I know, it's frustrating. But, Kingdom Hearts' homeland is Japan so they always get everything first. They had dibs on all the Final Mixes for years and they got the ReMIX's first, so yeah it's annoying, but at least we're getting it at all!

Master Ultima

Awards
I hope the game will be compatible with IPhone 4s since it features 2d graphics like the PC version of the game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Well the game is developed in Japan and they already have the services set up and ready to go, so while they continue to work on the localization, they can release the game and start making back the money they spent on it in order to pay staff and create more content for future updates.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Come on guys. We are no strangers to Japan getting Japanese-made games first. It is just 100% easier to release it there first, then release in other countries after. Besides the fantastic points Sign presented, it also helps to avoid server overload (if they were to have done a worldwide release) and fix problems that may appear in the Japanese version in order to improve on the English release.

We don't know if Unchained X is done being localized. We don't know if it has passed certification in other countries yet. Give it time and we will see the game soon enough.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i broke my tablet so i'm indifferent lmfao T=T

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i sat on it. right after square's e3 conference. been beating myself up since then.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ready to play this on my new Galaxy.

pureeease releasing date soon, SE, ty *u*

JulyUmani13

First Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, then the ultimate update for FF Record Keeper, now Unchained Chi!?

Squeenix of JP sure is getting a lot of cool games. Now if only someone over there revives TWEWY Live Remix...

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Anyone else thinking they might reveal the NA (and maybe other countries) release date at TGS? That's my guess. That, or one of Square's completely out of left field Facebook bombshell posts that they love doing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Anyone else thinking they might reveal the NA (and maybe other countries) release date at TGS? That's my guess. That, or one of Square's completely out of left field Facebook bombshell posts that they love doing.

While SE is big on being a more global company, TGS is still a Japanese gaming event. They aren't going to announce the release date of a NA/EU localization at a Japanese event. They'd do it randomly one day in a press release like they do all of their social/mobile game localization.

HugoDipper

Nice! I don't think smartphone games have such distant release dates between Japan and the rest of the world, so I expect no more than one or two months of wait for us :)

The game looks so gorgeous and nice to play! Think about it guys, will be the first time that everyone here on this website will be able to play KH togheter despite any barriers, smartphones are very acessible and will be a blast to play this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back