• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained x[chi] Formally Announced at Square Enix Conference!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's been a long time coming, but Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ[chi] is finally coming to the west on iOS and Android. Releasing on the App Store and Google Play, Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ[chi] is set inside the Book of Prophecy's and tells the fairy tale story of the Keyblade war, and your avatar travels to many Disney worlds to collect Lux from the Heartless. Guided by a mysterious creature known as Chirithy, your fraction is pitted against each other in daily and weekly battles for eternal glory. Recently the character Ephemera has come into play to advance the plot.

Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] was released on internet browsers for Japan back in 2012. The game has grown incredibly popular among Kingdom Hearts fans, both Japanese and English speaking. Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] was revealed to be important to Kingdom Hearts 3's story, especially with the addition of a scene in Kingdom Hearts Re:coded HD Cinematics where Maleficent is on track to find the Book of Prophecy's.

Opening up the world of KINGDOM HEARTS like never before, SQUARE ENIX® and Disney Interactive today announced KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ (read as Unchained “Key”), the first game in the KINGDOM HEARTS series to come to iOS and Android devices. It will be available as a free-to-play app (with in-app purchases) in North America.

In KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, players will uncover story elements from the earliest parts of the series’ history, as well as from the highly-anticipated, upcoming KINGDOM HEARTS III. For the first time in the series history, players will create their very own Keyblade wielder and adventure through Disney worlds with beautiful and stylized art, while interacting with a rich cast of memorable Disney characters.

Customization takes center stage with a slew of features for players to fine tune their character. Players can collect, fuse, and evolve items to customize the attacks that their Keyblades can do, team up with other players in guilds to take down giant Heartless bosses, and much more. Combined with the new Avatar system and diverse outfit selection, this is the most personalized KINGDOM HEARTS experience yet.

Key features of the title include:

·         Beautifully rendered Disney worlds with stylized art

·         Co-op battles against giant heartless bosses

·         A variety of unique character costumes, based on seasonal events and Disney themes

Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] was officially revealed last month, with Kingdom Hearts Creator and Director Tetsuya Nomura saying the smartphone version was essentially made just for Western audiences. KHInsider have spent the last three years creating guides and translations to help players navigate through the base Japanese game. We are very excited for the newest venture for the Kingdom Hearts series.

DoctahFaz

Awards
This might be a stupid question, but I'd be really grateful if someone answered it. If Heartless weren't created until between BBS and KH1, why do you fight them in this game if it takes place in the past? Is it because Chi/Unchained are only "semi canon"?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Chi/Unchained is completely canon now, the reason we still fight Emblem Heartless is not explained yet but it's very likely that it will be in the near future.
The current theories propose that they are illusions and/or not what they seem to be (dropping light and guilt).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS UNCHAINED χ Unlocks a New Story Connected to KINGDOM HEARTS III

LOS ANGELES (June 16, 2015) – Opening up the world of KINGDOM HEARTS like never before, SQUARE ENIX® and Disney Interactive today announced KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ (read as Unchained “Key”), the first game in the KINGDOM HEARTS series to come to iOS and Android devices. It will be available as a free-to-play app (with in-app purchases) in North America.

In KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, players will uncover story elements from the earliest parts of the series’ history, as well as from the highly-anticipated, upcoming KINGDOM HEARTS III. For the first time in the series history, players will create their very own Keyblade wielder and adventure through Disney worlds with beautiful and stylized art, while interacting with a rich cast of memorable Disney characters.

Customization takes center stage with a slew of features for players to fine tune their character. Players can collect, fuse, and evolve items to customize the attacks that their Keyblades can do, team up with other players in guilds to take down giant Heartless bosses, and much more. Combined with the new Avatar system and diverse outfit selection, this is the most personalized KINGDOM HEARTS experience yet.

Key features of the title include:
· Beautifully rendered Disney worlds with stylized art
· Co-op battles against giant heartless bosses
· A variety of unique character costumes, based on seasonal events and Disney themes

Rael_Oblivion

So is Square Enix is waiting until D23 to announce release dates? I was fairly sure we wouldn't be getting one for KH III, but I thought we'd get one for Unchained [chi]....

DoctahFaz

Awards
Chi/Unchained is completely canon now, the reason we still fight Emblem Heartless is not explained yet but it's very likely that it will be in the near future.
The current theories propose that they are illusions and/or not what they seem to be (dropping light and guilt).

Well that's pretty cool. Maybe the same will also apply to why we're seeing appearances from other characters that, chronologically speaking, wouldn't have been born yet.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Well that's pretty cool. Maybe the same will also apply to why we're seeing appearances from other characters that, chronologically speaking, wouldn't have been born yet.

This is already explained, at least sort of in case of the Disney worlds. It might be considered a heavy spoiler,so if you're interested you could check the translation of the story mission 12-1 here.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Lowkey sad Unchained wasn't announced to already be available </3 (or even an actual date). Why you do this to me, SE?

Awards
Lowkey sad Unchained wasn't announced to already be available </3 (or even an actual date). Why you do this to me, SE?

I feel the same way. Would have made my summer. I'm hoping they'll make a surprise release during the summer. Though that seems unlikely.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The first mobile title I've actually looked forward too. So glad we finally have an English trailer for it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And they somehow manage to avoid mentioning Chirithy and the Foretellers by name yet again! All I want to know is how to spell Chirithy and what the Foretellers are actually called lol

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I feel the same way. Would have made my summer. I'm hoping they'll make a surprise release during the summer. Though that seems unlikely.
Chi's second anniversary is near, so it might be released before, during or after it.

And they somehow manage to avoid mentioning Chirithy and the Foretellers by name yet again! All I want to know is how to spell Chirithy and what the Foretellers are actually called lol
I presume the Foretellers will still be called Foretellers, or since Young Xehanort refers to them as the Lost Masters, perhaps they're going to be called by their title and name, I.E. Master Unicornis, Master Leopardus, and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back