• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained Key Coming to Smartphones 2015

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Maybe there is hope, with, you know, III dropping on xbone and everything and all windows will run on 10 OS so maybe there is hope for me yet

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Chu; there are some Android emulators out there so maybe you could play it on PC (it might suck to do that depending on the touch controls but you could do it). Google 'em; there's a couple that are free.

Seph: Before Gran died, I was the same way (tho my phone had a hinge broken too). But the company she'd gotten the family cell phones with had given her a way too expensive plan for what she paid for keeping up 4 phones :/. We switched companies after she died because of that. Since my dumb phone was so old, I had to get a new one or no phone...Unfortunately that meant a smart phone for cost reasons (Why do they make you pay 3 times as much for a old, dumb just make calls cell is beyond me.). I went with android tho I don't mind apple devices b/c Android is less expensive than a iphone. Haven't been sorry. ^^ (If I want something apple, I'll get me a ipod touch or a ipad, not a phone lol!)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Should we be worried the game was only announced for Japan, or should we take it as SE just not being ready to announce until e3?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Uh...hooray I guess.
I'm guessing Unchained Key will be fairly different (or different enough) from chi and is not just a remade port since it's not being called Re: chi. Might put more focus on story.
Not really sure how I feel about this announcement. While I'm happy there's a good chance we'll be getting it over here, hearing that there'll be new story stuff suddenly has me all "ugh, no more things I don't have that I have to pay attention to." Granted we don't even know what Unchained looks like yet, so I may just be bummed over nothing.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Should we be worried the game was only announced for Japan, or should we take it as SE just not being ready to announce until e3?

I thought it was strange that the day SQ DE leaked the image, Japanese sites posted more information about it the day after. Most smartphone games tend to have international releases right?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Now the gameplay, I imagine it could work as an endless runner, and that would be simple, but what would he spectacular is if it was like twewy on ipad, i would love that.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Welp, the time to upgrade my phone is coming.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
whenever this comes out for the west what faction you will join?
This is hard.

Vulpes is my gut choice because foxes are my favorite animals.

But I'm a heavy believer in the reincarnation theory of the Foretellers and the idea that Unicornis is Riku and Anguis is Aqua which makes me want to choose one of those two because they're my favorite characters.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

It might be a different game tho, nothing has been confirmed that it goes off of the same story or faction system.

and tbh I know nothing about the factions anyway but even if I had extensive knowledge its usually a spur of the moment thing for me. "UH. I DON'T KNOW. I LIKE THIS FACTIONS NAME. BUT THAT ONE HAS A MORE HONORABLE HISTORY. UHH. I'LL PICK THE ONE WITH UNICORNS I'M NOT MADE FOR THIS PRESSURE."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I was in Vulpes when I played the PC version and had fun, but I might go to Unicornis or Anguis for the same reasons as Taochan xD

Also snakes make me think of Slytherin <3 and unicorns are awesome.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It might be a different game tho, nothing has been confirmed that it goes off of the same story or faction system.

and tbh I know nothing about the factions anyway but even if I had extensive knowledge its usually a spur of the moment thing for me. "UH. I DON'T KNOW. I LIKE THIS FACTIONS NAME. BUT THAT ONE HAS A MORE HONORABLE HISTORY. UHH. I'LL PICK THE ONE WITH UNICORNS I'M NOT MADE FOR THIS PRESSURE."
no it basically the same kingdom hearts chi but expanded on more though i'm thinking vulpes because foxes are my favorite animal and kitsunes are awesome mystical creatures or unicornius because unicorns are pretty awesome i'm a my little pony fan

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Given they finally have the entire series finally on 1 console (except Chi), I don't see this as a stepback since I don't see any form of Chi (besides cutscenes before KH3 or attached to any future games) being put on PS3, Chi is just not a game that works well on a full-fledged system unless it went through a complete overhaul since the game itself is more similar to that of a tablet or free-to-play game.

Them capitalizing on the app games craze is just smart business, so I wouldn't view it as them starting to re-spread their games out, I would only say that if they release the next KH game on something entirely different again making it hard to keep up. I see it as them releasing Chi on the smartest, most accessible platform for most people since I don't see a Chi game being made for PS3. I can see them summarizing the game though for people who can't play the phone game.

Don't forget DDD, that's also not on the same console (yet), although one can't deny that it did become quite somewhat easier with the remasters.
I still remember the times when it was originally stated that Chi would be only superficially related to the main series, but it seems like Nomura is incapable of having an entry in the series/franchise not closely related with the main overaching plot. *ggg*

Nah, I didn't mean it from a technical viewpoint nor from a business one. Both of these parts of the whole issue make total sense, yet most fans do not really pay attention to these viewpoints.
Coded was also a phone game first and certainly not the most accessible, lol.
To be frank though I do not see any further KH game made for PS3. The PS3 is losing momentum and support much more quickly than the PS2 did so I would expect any further remasters/remakes or whatever KH-related they plan to be made for PS4/XboxOne, also in light of KH III eventually being on those platforms.

We do still have proof that they've been working on 3D HD (and no amount of "lol we were just doing HD tests" will convince me otherwise), but as of now, we still don't have any official confirmations. Will still be keeping an eye out in Chi for any other clues~

I must really have missed a news post because I can't recall seeing/reading about any proof for work on DDD HD. <__<

Seph: Before Gran died, I was the same way (tho my phone had a hinge broken too). But the company she'd gotten the family cell phones with had given her a way too expensive plan for what she paid for keeping up 4 phones :/. We switched companies after she died because of that. Since my dumb phone was so old, I had to get a new one or no phone...Unfortunately that meant a smart phone for cost reasons (Why do they make you pay 3 times as much for a old, dumb just make calls cell is beyond me.). I went with android tho I don't mind apple devices b/c Android is less expensive than a iphone. Haven't been sorry. ^^ (If I want something apple, I'll get me a ipod touch or a ipad, not a phone lol!)

If I would be in the situation that a "normal" mobile phone is significantly more expensive than a smartphone I would probably also choose to buy one.
It's not like I have an aversion or something against these devices, but considering what I use my mobile device for I probably would simply use it just like a normal mobile phone. Internet access would be turned off altogether 99% of the time because I simply see no point in going online while out on the way.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I must really have missed a news post because I can't recall seeing/reading about any proof for work on DDD HD. <__<
HD character models were found in Chi
Sora65.png
Riku22.png

Notice the updated helmets compared to:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

and when we interviewed Tetsuya Nomura he told us that HD tests had been done on it.
--In the credits of Kingdom Hearts 1.5, scenes from Kingdom Hearts 2, Birth by Sleep, and Re:coded were shown to hint at the next remaster. In the credits of Kingdom Hearts 2.5, scenes from Dream Drop Distance and Kingdom Hearts 3 were shown. Recent updates in Kingdom Hearts X[chi] also showed updated models for characters from Dream Drop Distance.
A comment was previously made that a remaster for this title would be under consideration, but has that changed now that 2.5 has been released?
Nomura: On one hand, technological tests have proven that we are capable of making an HD version of the game, but on the other hand, I also feel that it may not be as appealing (compared to KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX and KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX) if we release KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] on its own. We are still trying to determine what would be the best course of action.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
T
Sora65.png
Riku22.png

Spoiler Spoiler Show

and when we interviewed Tetsuya Nomura he told us that HD tests had been done on it.

Those bottom pics really do look a lot smoother and more appealing than the cards. I don't know who Nomura has been talking to (besides you guys lol) but I thought that DDD has been almost universally accepted by the fan base gameplay wise, and its one of the longer games in the series. The game would be great on it's own but if they'd like to add extra content I'd be more than willing to accommodate it ;)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
T

Those bottom pics really do look a lot smoother and more appealing than the cards. I don't know who Nomura has been talking to (besides you guys lol) but I thought that DDD has been almost universally accepted by the fan base gameplay wise, and its one of the longer games in the series. The game would be great on it's own but if they'd like to add extra content I'd be more than willing to accommodate it ;)
The cards are the new models, lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Those bottom pics really do look a lot smoother and more appealing than the cards.
The cards are actually the updated models. The ones below them are the renders in DDD before it got scaled down to the 3DS' resolution (which is pretty low if I remember).

And it's not so much as putting extra content in to the game for a release, but a "we don't feel confident in releasing this alone". FFX came with X-2. Type-0 came with FFXV. I don't even have to go into the KH's because you should know what came in those. Square only feels comfortable selling these HD remasters if they contain more than one game or a demo :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Proof that they have taken the time to update the character models maybe?

Dream Drop Distance HD Confirmed in X[chi]? - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

I see, I must really have missed that one because if I saw it originally I surely would remember it. <__<

Sora65.png
Riku22.png

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Aye, those look indeed much smoother all around. Now I get where you're all coming from.
While it is definitely not concrete proof, it does seem highly unlikely that they would create new models just to put them on a few cards.

The Nomura interview also confirms at least that there were tests made...hmm, yep, I'd say that while I remain sceptic, I'll count the probability that there will be something eventually much higher than before.

And it's not so much as putting extra content in to the game for a release, but a "we don't feel confident in releasing this alone". FFX came with X-2. Type-0 came with FFXV. I don't even have to go into the KH's because you should know what came in those. Square only feels comfortable selling these HD remasters if they contain more than one game or a demo :)

Which is probably also a smart business decision also considering the price range of those remasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back