• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained Key Coming to Smartphones 2015

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Every day I regret getting a windows phone, ft. No Way To Change The OS

Alpha Sonix

You make a lot of mistakes with your purchases. Wii U, Windows Phone. What's next man. What's next :(

That's the one purchase I can forgive him for. I'm having too much fun with just Mario Kart alone :)
Anyway, hopefully my tablet will be able to get some good use when this comes out overseas. Wouldn't mind a TWEWY2 hint at the end either Square...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
il53RU.gif

One Kingdom Hearts per year.
2015 -> Unchained Key
2016 -> 3D HD + Chi cutscenes WITH KH3 DEMO (and FFXV)
2017 -> KH 3

I will be ok with this schedule

I'm okay with this schedule as well :p

You make a lot of mistakes with your purchases. Wii U, Windows Phone. What's next man. What's next :(

...an Xbox One.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm honest when I say that I do not really know what to make of this.

Not only because I do not even own a smartphone, but mainly because it seems they're falling back into old much criticized habits and spread entries out over myriads of platforms again.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Seph; Most "smartphone" games will play on some things that aren't smartphones. Aka. Tablet, a Ipod Touch. I doubt tho you have those either..

I do have a Samsung Galaxy Light sitting on my computer right now, so this doesn't bother me as much. Tho it DOESN'T have a big screen. I had to go smartphone when my gran died b/c plain old dumb cell phones, at least in the US, are more expensive than a smartphone. I don't know if that's the case where you are though. ^^

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i need to upgrade my phone :(

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm honest when I say that I do not really know what to make of this.

Not only because I do not even own a smartphone, but mainly because it seems they're falling back into old much criticized habits and spread entries out over myriads of platforms again.
Except Square Enix have reported a profit thanks to their MMO's and smart phone games so while this can be seen as them "falling back into old habits", they see it as money to fund other projects.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Seph; Most "smartphone" games will play on some things that aren't smartphones. Aka. Tablet, a Ipod Touch. I doubt tho you have those either..

I do have a Samsung Galaxy Light sitting on my computer right now, so this doesn't bother me as much. Tho it DOESN'T have a big screen. I had to go smartphone when my gran died b/c plain old dumb cell phones, at least in the US, are more expensive than a smartphone. I don't know if that's the case where you are though. ^^

Heh, indeed I never touched anything starting with i..et cetera, although I think I do have a tablet lying around somewhere in my cupboard, although I didn't even set it up yet since I don't need it for anything.

My mobile phone is indeed a model that even still has normal buttons, since I do not use it for anything but actual phone calls, SMS and the occassional photo.
Therefore, mobile phones are really low on my priority list and I will only change to a new one if the battery is so old it cannot be properly recharged anymore.

Except Square Enix have reported a profit thanks to their MMO's and smart phone games so while this can be seen as them "falling back into old habits", they see it as money to fund other projects.

While I didn't know about that one, it actually doesn't surprise me one bit since nowadays many people seem to be often so downright addicted to these devices that they can't even take their eyes off the screen while walking outside or when sitting in a restaurant while having company. It's apparently already so bad the Swiss police felt compelled to make a drastic television commercial about the dangers, lol.
Money to fund other projects is also a valid thing, although it might be smarter to use stand-alone projects for that since I recall the complaints about KH being so inaccessible due to platform-spread had just started to subside somewhat after both I.5 and II.5 have been released.

I'm just hoping 3D ain't released too late into 2016. Around June or July would be perfect.

Have I missed something?
Since when do we have a confirmation that a remake/remaster of DDD is even a thing?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Unchained Key sounds like it's referring to this quote from Yen Sid:

Yen Sid said:
"And the light from the broken χ-blade was then divided into seven to protect the number of pure hearts in the world."
And then eventually I'm theorizing the latter will come because of Chi's opening emphasizing the fairy tale. Kairi's heart is pure so I've placed it in parentheses.

Kairi's Grandmother said:
"So, listen, child,
Even in the deepest darkness,
there will always be a light to guide you.
Believe in the light, and
the darkness will never defeat you.
Your (pure) heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away.
Do you understand, Kairi?"
Kingdom Hearts 3D Secret Ending said:
"The darkness awakens
the light in the darkness
leads to the last key."

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So is this game a variation of chi or something new entirely? I find it peculiar that Japan is getting this and chi if it is the same game.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
So is this game a variation of chi or something new entirely? I find it peculiar that Japan is getting this and chi if it is the same game.

It appears to be a variation or a port I think. I feel like perhaps their biggest intention was to get Chi overseas similarly to Re:coded.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Okay. I don't foresee this getting a windows port anytime soon lol ugh

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Given they finally have the entire series finally on 1 console (except Chi), I don't see this as a stepback since I don't see any form of Chi (besides cutscenes before KH3 or attached to any future games) being put on PS3, Chi is just not a game that works well on a full-fledged system unless it went through a complete overhaul since the game itself is more similar to that of a tablet or free-to-play game.

Them capitalizing on the app games craze is just smart business, so I wouldn't view it as them starting to re-spread their games out, I would only say that if they release the next KH game on something entirely different again making it hard to keep up. I see it as them releasing Chi on the smartest, most accessible platform for most people since I don't see a Chi game being made for PS3. I can see them summarizing the game though for people who can't play the phone game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Now that we have PC, phone and console titles, they should introduce a "one account to rule them all" system to unlock extra features across all titles with online compatibility, sort of bring kh mobile back but better and with a purpose rather than "hurr durr I'm Mickey friggin mouse with a buster sword"

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Have I missed something?
Since when do we have a confirmation that a remake/remaster of DDD is even a thing?

Well nothing is confirmed but I'd like to think they wouldn't leave 3D hung out to dry before KH3 comes in 2017. It'd be a waste of epic proportions not to have a 3D Remix come out.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well nothing is confirmed but I'd like to think they wouldn't leave 3D hung out to dry before KH3 comes in 2017. It'd be a waste of epic proportions not to have a 3D Remix come out.

We do still have proof that they've been working on 3D HD (and no amount of "lol we were just doing HD tests" will convince me otherwise), but as of now, we still don't have any official confirmations. Will still be keeping an eye out in Chi for any other clues~

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Can't help but wonder if these "new plot elements" are Nomura retooling the beginning of the plot, or the plot in general. When chi first came out, Nomura himself said it wouldn't have much bearing on the overall plot, but now as we know, that isn't the case. Either that, or maybe some familiar worlds will be put in that weren't available in Chi.

Either way, pretty excited, though I do feel bad for those who do not possess the means of playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back