• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained Key Coming to Smartphones 2015

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The latest instalment in the Kingdom Hearts series will be on smart phone systems later this year. Kingdom Hearts Unchained Key will be available on iOS and Android systems.

Tetsuya Nomura first stated that a smart phone game for Kingdom Hearts would be announced soon. After a leak by Square Enix Germany, it was rumoured that the smart phone game might be a port of Kingdom Hearts x[Chi]. KHInsider started the hashtag "#ChitotheWest" to try and raise awareness for the game and in hopes that Square Enix would translate and open it up to a wider audience.

Today, Esuteru and Gamestalk announced that the game will be coming to Japan. The game is described as "Your player's avatar goes along gathering Lux (light) as a Keyblade Wielder.", which follows the basic plot of PC Browser game Kingdom Hearts x [Chi].

Goldpanner has kindly translated the tweet from htmk73 and Aibo which has some more information:

'Kingdom Hearts Unchained Key' for iOS/Android, scheduled to release 2015, free to play (with in-app purchasable items), the gameplay of 'Kingdom Hearts Key' remade for smartphones, setup for the plot has also been prepared for this newest title in the series. (@htmk73)

It seems that Kingdom Hearts x[Chi] is being revamped for smart phones and will feature new plot elements! It is unknown yet if it will be coming to the rest of the world but after the success of Final Fantasy: Record Keeper and other Square Enix smart phone titles, it seems highly likely.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
ohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohman... Oh maaaaaaaaaaan!! :D
We can FINALLY get to play this!! Woooooooooooooo! xD
And I wonder how they'll revamp the plot?

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
So it's Chi but on phones and tablets? Awesome, I can rarely get near the family PC for KH:X, now I'll be able to play and understand what's happening! :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is very exciting news! Hopefully Square Enix NA will release a statement when they get to work.

Bobjam

Awards
This is very exciting news! Hopefully Square Enix NA will release a statement when they get to work.
This is all convenient timing too for SE having released their financials earlier which indicated how well mobile has done for them so surely there will be confirmation later along with the usual slides of their next financial year in releases.

Xelon99

Awards
will feature a new plot!

I'm kinda curious about this part honestly. So the mobile version will be different from the browser version? I'm also wondering if it'll have some connection to the browser version. Like collecting Lux on the mobile will also grant you Lux on the browser, such things. We'll just have to see when it's released!

Also, really hoping Chirithywill not be Cherub... Chirithy sounds a lot cuter D:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm kinda curious about this part honestly. So the mobile version will be different from the browser version? I'm also wondering if it'll have some connection to the browser version. Like collecting Lux on the mobile will also grant you Lux on the browser, such things. We'll just have to see when it's released!

Also, really hoping Chirithywill not be Cherub... Chirithy sounds a lot cuter D:
I edited that part about it being a new plot because I don't think that was actually confirmed, it might just be new elements to the story that expands on stuff.

Xelon99

Awards
I edited that part about it being a new plot because I don't think that was actually confirmed, it might just be new elements to the story that expands on stuff.
Makes sense. I suppose it also could mean that the game and story is told differently due to the way it plays, but still is the same. At least, I assume the mobile version plays differently from the browser.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Just watch "Chirithy" becomes "Cherub"

Cherub...i
Spr_5b_420.png

I bet Windows Phone will be all left out, still curious about the changes they made to the original o.o

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm. Interesting news, and it is pretty likely that Chi will come to west. I wonder if they will use their time on E3 to further dive in to this game? Guess we will wait and see.

Axel92

Awards
One Kingdom Hearts per year.
2015 -> Unchained Key
2016 -> 3D HD + Chi cutscenes (and FFXV)
2017 -> KH 3

I will be ok with this schedule

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Woa, if this comes out in English..I prolly will be tempted. It'll be better than relying on spoilers.

And we'll see about the schedule. I have no idea when KH3 is coming out; I keep thinking earliest will be next year. We'll have to see in a month..

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Not exactly what I hoped for (only Japanese release at first, only iOS & Android) but let's see what comes out of it currently. If it's singleplayer only we could also play the adventures of Ephemera.

Last edited:

Lunarsoul01

I'm actually very happy about this announcement. This is the only game I haven't played in the series and I was hoping it would come to mobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back