• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War [Part One Sign-up and OOC Thread]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Wielder

Awards
Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War
Story Thread
~The Story~

“We know so little about the Keyblade War…

…only that it was just the beginning.”

--Master Xehanort, Birth by Sleep

The worlds have long coexisted peacefully. While each has its own domain separate from the others, corridors of light allow anyone to travel between them, interacting and enjoying the peace and prosperity of their time together. The chosen wielders of the Keyblade guard the denizens of the worlds as they travel from one to another, protecting them from those who would seek to disrupt the order and turn all to chaos. Thus has the World always existed, and thus has it ever been thought to exist for all eternity.

Yet there has always been one other duty of the Keyblade wielders: to protect Kingdom Hearts, where the hearts of all worlds are connected. Only legend can say what lies beyond that most sacred of doors, yet there are always those who would seek to find out.

Evil festers beyond the glow of the light, as the brave Keyblade wielders are well aware. Unbeknownst to them, however, evil is ever present among those who wield the light as well. Kingdom Hearts draws not only the denizens of darkness, but also the heroes of the light. Some seek to open the door purely to satisfy their own curiosity, others to wield the infinite power that is said to lie beyond. Yet that power is far too great for any mere mortal to wield, or so the legend says. Those who have allowed themselves to become so obsessed with their goal to gain control of Kingdom Hearts have lost themselves, falling victim to the darkness in their hearts or allowing their righteous light to smother them. The worlds have paid for the actions of these wielders, playing host to the monsters they have become as the light in their hearts has been snuffed out: Heartless and Nobodies. These creatures have their own designs on Kingdom Hearts and so, for as long as there have been wielders of the great Keys, there have been the guardians over Kingdom Hearts and those they have sworn to conquer.

Their task is both simple and perilous, for what would become of the worlds should their resolve waver? What future would there be if that door were to finally be opened?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

~About the Roleplay~

This story will cover the period of time known as the Keyblade War, the war that led to the worlds being covered in darkness. Only the result of the war is known in Kingdom Hearts canon: the worlds were thereafter reorganized and separated, invisible walls keeping them from interacting and the Keyblade War from being fought once more. It is impossible to say what really happened during the war itself—and that is exactly what we will be exploring.

As this story takes place well before the beginning of the Kingdom Hearts canon, the worlds do not necessarily need to be ones we have seen before. The original worlds from the games, Disney worlds we have already seen, and other worlds that could reasonably appear in Kingdom Hearts may be explored in this story. The Keyblade Graveyard will be present in this story and can be visited at will, but the final battle will culminate there as well.

Heartless and Nobodies run amok in the worlds of this story, the former having been drawn to the darkness in people's hearts and the latter the remains of those who have lost theirs. They are the byproducts of the war, however, and are not of great importance given their lack of conscious thought or drive. The real enemy depends on the character and their goals.​

~Rules~

-Please adhere to the general Roleplaying Rules and Guidelines, located here: http://forums.khinsider.com/roleplaying/163400-roleplaying-rules-guidelines.html

-The story should adhere to a PG-13 rating. This is a public forum, so please conduct your characters as though the whole world is watching. Profanity is permitted, but please keep cursing at a reasonable level. Violence is also acceptable, even necessary given the nature of the roleplay, as is romance; please keep these situations from getting too graphic. If there is any question as to the appropriateness of your post, please ask before you post.

-There is no weekly posting requirement once you join, but please be courteous to the other players. Life happens, we are all busy, and sometimes the creative juices simply aren’t flowing. In any case, if your character is actively involved in an interaction and you will be unable to post for a significant period of time, please find a way to extricate your character from that interaction so that the other players can continue, or give someone else permission to temporarily take control of your character.

-If you have been given permission to control another person’s character temporarily, please make note of it at the top of every post in which you control that other character. If the character has been permanently turned over to you, please make note of it in the OOC thread; you don’t need to note it in every post.

-Please use proper grammar when posting. In other words, please refrain from using internet lingo (i.e. lol, brb, etc.) and abbreviations.

-Your posts don't need to be particularly lengthy, but please try to make them at least a paragraph or two in length. This gives the other players a better understanding of your character's thoughts, actions, and other information necessary for them to post accordingly.​

-Please be kind and courteous to your fellow players.

-Please stick to Disney and/or Pixar worlds and any original worlds that have already been in the games (for example, Radiant Garden). This does not mean that you can only explore Disney worlds that we have seen before, but please do not add worlds that we would not reasonably expect could be included in a Kingdom Hearts game. For example, a world based on “The Legend of Korra” does not belong in the story.

-Absolutely no "Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance" spoilers are allowed in this story. Aside from being a rule in this and the story threads, it is also a general rule of KHInsider.

-Effective June 30th until further notice, there is a daily limit of three posts per day.

-Story elements are the decision of each member for their characters, but destruction of worlds must have my approval.

-If you have read, understand, and agree to follow these rules, please place the following phrase at the top of your character profile: “What lies beyond the door is… *whatever applies to your character*.”

~Character Profiles~

-As this story takes place well before the beginning of the Kingdom Hearts canon, all characters should be original. Whether you want to wield a Keyblade, be a warrior who was dragged into the battle with their world, or just be an innocent bystander, you are free to create a character all your own! Please create your character profile using the template below. Once you have posted your profile and it has been accepted, it will be added to the end of the original post for easy viewing by other players.

-The "Dark Wielders" in the character biographies are NPCs. You do not need a template to contol one, but they also shouldn't be more than occasional antagonists given their widespread presence throughout the worlds. If you would like to make one a more permanent character, please create a separate template for them. You can use NPC Dark Wielders, as well as Light Wielders, as necessary to further your character's side of the story.​

Spoiler Spoiler Show

~Roster and Profiles~

*Listed alphabetically by user name*

Last edited:

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Re: Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War [Sign-up and OOC Thread]

I obviously based her off of Tira from Soul Calibur, but since this IS a war between good and evil, l I think it's fitting.

What lies beyond the door is.....Madness.

Name: Kiekleisa (Goes by "Kie": KYE-EY)

World of Origin: Castle of Dreams

Weapon: Tantalizer
The Tantalizer is a massive ring-shaped blade weapon designed with mobility in mind. Rather than power, Kie relies on outmaneuvering her opponents using her superior speed. The weapon itself is extremely powerful when kinetic motion is applied to it prior to attack, making it great against crowds of enemies. Being ring-shaped, the weapon has little defensive capability unless it's bladed portions are used to parry an attack with timing. However, it has spectacular range due to it's size; with the acrobatic attacks it enables Kie to perform hard to predict. While it isn't the slowest weapon to wield, it requires motion, reflexes, and a steady hand, to properly use.

The Road You Have Chosen: Dawn prior to mental breakdown, but Darkness as of now.

Appearance: Kie stands at 5'2; sporting a slightly-bloodied pink regalia outfit that has a fluffy midriff collar. (Not unlike the suit a pirate wears, minus a hat) She also wears blue knee-high stockings covered by blue platform heels. She also had blue long-styled hair prior to the incident, but it turned snow white from shock. A metal chain is strangely wrapped around her left arm-sleeve. People should not try to take it off.

Personality: While her psychic breakdown destroyed much of her moral faculties, Kie sports two unique moods, Rainbow and Negative. Both are equally deadly, but one can be communicated with, the other cannot.

Rainbow is her normal (Term used VERY loosely) mood. While in Rainbow, she sports a sick grin and casual demeanor. She is rather cheerful and treats everything like a game. She is also easily excited and her curiosity becomes that of a child's. It is rather easy to communicate with Rainbow Kie, as she is more open to suggestion and easier to bargain with. When battling in Rainbow mood, her attacks are more evasive and acrobatic; while she continuously taunts her opponents. Taking a critical hit all at once or something not going her way can lead to.....
Negative mood. When in Negative mood, Kie is only focused on completing her current task; whatever it may be. She becomes extremely callous and cold; very antisocial. She is more easily angered and cannot be bargained with or communicated with. This also makes her easily manipulated if the circumstance requires it; as she become immediately blind to any moral dilemma Rainbow Kie may have had to face prior. When battling in Negative mood, her attacking style is much more offensively-based, focused on landing as many hits in the shortest amount of time as possible. This style tends to take more advantage of the weapon's long-range capabilities. Completing her current task or alleviating her stress (Be it through Dark deeds or simple relaxation) will switch her back to Rainbow.

A sly one will know when she is in Negative or Rainbow by judging her Battle stance. Rainbow Kie holds her weapon with both hands, while moving around happily. Negative Kie simply holds her weapon with one hand, dragging it across the ground savagely.

Regardless of mood, due to her new mission, she will treat most Dark Wielders like superiors and Light Wielders like enemies. Her demeanor is the only thing that will change.

Biography: Prior to the rise of the "Dark Wielders," Kie was a simple housemaid that served the ancestor of the original queen of the world around the Castle of Dreams. She had been loyal to the Royal Court and even maintained a healthy relationship with many of it's members. While she was not deemed royalty herself, her opinion was greatly appreciated by the Queen as the two maintained a healthy friendship for the longest time.

However, Dark Wielders soon invaded the world in an attempt to extract information pertaining to Kingdom Hearts from the royal court. The Court fought back, but to no avail, as the Wielders slaughtered the Court mercilessly to fuel the malicious desires the Darkness in their Hearts craved. Kie had been present when the Queen had been attacked by the leader of the Wielder Group, named Joker. Predictably, the Queen was unable to stand up to Joker's powerful might, and fell to the power of Darkness.

What the Queen hadn't realized however, was that Kie had been present during the fight; hiding behind one of the curtains laced up to the massive stained-glass steel windows that overtook the castle tower. Kie wanted to help, but she had very little fighting skill at the time and was scared out of her wits. What was she to do? What COULD she do?

Seeing her Majesty being killed but being unable to help shattered what little logical reasoning there had been in Kie's psyche. She should've gone! She was such a loser! A coward! A fool, a joke! It was HER fault! If she had stepped in, maybe the Queen would've survived....Maybe Joker could've been defeated, and her and the Queen could have that massive ball the two were planning!

After Joker's gang had come and gone, she picked up her former friend's weapon, and with a maniacal laugh, walked out of the Castle; knowing her new mission.

It was SO simple! Let the Darkness win! Let it thrive, let it fester in the Hearts of man, woman, and child. If the Darkness consumed everything, it would all be over. No more Joker, no more fighting, no more obligations....No more life, no more death, no more ANYTHING!

Just.......Peace.

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards

Kie definitely sounds like she'll be an interesting character! I have to admit that her Rainbow and Negative moods remind me a bit of White/Black Haru from Fruits Basket xD

Anyway, you're obviously accepted! I'll add your profile to the OP. Thanks so much for joining! :)

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net

Forgive me for sounding like a critic, but I need to ask, though...Why are there Heartless and Nobodies during this time? Nobodies were not even created until after the Keyblade War during the time of Xehanort. (As far as Canon states, anyway) Heartless, I can kind of see in this era, but why Nobodies? Is this an AU of sorts?

Again, I'm not questioning your story, just curious. :3

Key Wielder

Awards

No worries, it's certainly a valid question! :3 The Heartless have always been in the realm of darkness so far as we know, so I knew they already existed; as for how they got out, I figured the darkness had to have covered the worlds somehow, and they're usually the ones to do it. So with people giving in to the darkness in their hearts during the war, it made sense (to me, anyway) that they could become Heartless, the people with strong lights in their hearts would attract even more, and they would cover the worlds that way. Not that everyone who uses darkness would become a Heartless, but there would be those who would let it control them instead of controlling it.

As for the Nobodies... Well, I looked around and couldn't find anything about their definitive origins. I believe you're right and the games say (Ansem, I think?) they came into being during Xehanort's time, but Yen Sid explains their existence as though it's an objective process: if someone loses their heart and has a strong will, they become a Nobody. Later, Xemnas, Sora, and Riku all state/agree that light, darkness, and nothing are all eternal, so it didn't make much sense to me if the beings borne from any of those realms didn't exist at some point. If people were losing their hearts during this period of time, I wondered what happened to their bodies. Since the games sort of run on the premise that we don't know a whole lot about what happened during the war, it seemed like we couldn't really know whether or not Nobodies existed at the time, so I sort of took the liberty of putting them in... They're not the Organization-type, though, just the mindless Dusk sort of Nobodies.

The Heartless and Nobodies, for the purposes of this story, really aren't meant to be the big bad evils that need to be fought like they are in KH2, though. They're more the byproducts of what's happening, so the real enemies are the players, depending on their choices. I edited the OP to that effect since you brought up such a good point. :)

I hope that helps... And if those reasons make absolutely no sense whatsoever: yup, slightly AU it is. ^_^;;

Last edited:

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

I'm going to join this. Give me a few days.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards

What lies beyond the door is everlasting light!

Name:
Lihua
World of Origin:
Land of Dragons
Weapon:
The Road You Have Chosen:
Light
Appearance:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Personality:
A girl who is fueled by her passion, Lihua is a confident, courageous individual. She believes strongly in justice and doing what’s right, as goodness and righteousness is how one becomes a hero. She is a cheerful person who strives to see the best in anyone and everything around her. Life is a blessing, something that should be enjoyed every single moment. Despite her bold attitude, she is generally a very friendly person, always proper and polite regardless of friend or foe.

Because she often lets her emotions get the best of her, there are times when she will become reclusive and shove others away, despite her loneliness. This, coupled with her rather sheltered and naïve mind, tends to get her into more trouble than it needs to. Often hesitant when it comes to her own emotions, she tends to bury them and put on a smile, deciding its best to avoid any more problems than necessary. While she tries to be serious, you can easily say that she wears her heart on her sleeve. She tends to take insults too seriously, but refuses to let anyone know, often looking upset about it while she’s by herself.
Biography:
What would happen if the sun didn't rise?

What would happen if you hesitated against an enemy about to strike?

What would happen if you fell off a cliff headfirst?

Well, nine times out of ten, it meant the end of you.

Being born into a society where men were warriors, Lihua did what she could to become the ideal bride. As such, she was prim, proper, obedient, gentle, and blah blah. The thing was, when a raid on her village arrived, a weapon came to her call unexpectedly.

The Keyblade.

It was unfathomable—a lady wielding a weapon. Even if it was to defend her home and family, it was not looked upon with well eyes. Eventually leaving her village in fear of dishonoring her family further, she stumbled upon what seemed to be a portal to another place—and ended up in Twilight Town. Throwing away her old life, she adapted and remained there for some time.

[Didn’t come out exactly how I liked it, will edit.]

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards

Didn’t come out exactly how I liked it, will edit.

Okay, and thanks for joining! Just don't forget to put the stipulation in the rules in somewhere~ :) I'll add it to the OP when you're done.

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.

“What lies beyond the door is… Contempt.”

Name:
Garfield "Gar" Lansfield

World of Origin:
Twilight Town

Weapon:
Steel Knuckles- Though they are called Steel Knuckles, the gloves with the metal plate on the knuckles is actually made of titanium. This is not for the added benefit of damage so much as the protection of his fists when not in an official match or when the match he is in calls for weapons. In truth, the metal plate is actually a low grade form of Titanium. While this does increase damage, it also serves to protect his hands.

Abilities:
Garfield is a fighter through and through. While he does know styles such as Kempo, Muy Thai and Jujitsu, he prefers to apply various aspects of each style to various styles of Karate.

Force: He is able to take the force applied to his own body and redirect it towards the source with an enhancement, should he choose to do so. This is shown mostly when he attacks. In cases like that, he simply redirects the force applied to his body from his own attacks into the target to double the amount of pain. But when used in conjecture with defense, he simply redirects the force back onto itself to cancel out the advance of any physical or non-elemental magic attack.

Adaptability: He is capable of adapting to almost any form of combat just by taking in his surroundings. Because of this, he is capable of taking on several opponents at once.

Speed: He has attained a heightened level of speed thanks to the various forms of martial arts. This allows him to intercept multiple attacks and even to launch his own attacks

The Road You Have Chosen:
Twilight(He's a Mercenary, working for whichever side he feels like.)

Appearance:
Garfield stands at roughly five feet and eight inches with his weight proportionate to his height, if not a little on the slim side. His body shows signs of being athletic due to the toning of his muscles and how he tends to wear shirts without sleeves that cling to his skin as an extra layer. His arms and legs tend to show a bit of the beef on his body which only seems to highlight the veins in his arms.

His hair looks to be a light brown color at first glance, but gives off the illusion that it is actually a dirty blond color if gazed at long enough. The actual style of the cut makes his hair always seem a bit spiked, but that's because it's too short to provide enough weight to lay down. If inspected closely enough, a person could tell that the top part of his hair is just a little bit longer than the sides and back. It's obvious that the man is still considered to be in his youth years in that his face tends to show his age. The jawline is still strong, but a little too rounded for his tastes. As for his eyes, they radiate a deep green color.

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 172lbs
Complextion: Stoic
Build: Medium-slim with mild toning

Attire:
He tends to wear clothing that aims for practicality more than fashion. That being said, his shirt is almost always a navy blue A-shirt that clings to his skin as a second layer. This is always tucked into the light blue jeans held to his body by a wide, brown leather belt. His feet don a simple pair of black Nikes that extend to just above his ankle, simple because he likes the feeling more than the look. As for accessories, he will sometimes wear a pair of black sunglasses and almost always a pair of black finger-gloves. But due to the way of the world, when not relaxing he is almost always seen wearing a black mask that covers his mouth and nose.

Personality:
This will typically vary depending on the situation. Case points is that he will talk quite a bit when not in a battle. People tend to find it rather easy to get along with him. This changes however when he is in a battle. At this point he will limit what he says unless it is to warn spectators if things get a little too dangerous. He can be considered far from being cocky as he is always willing to help out others. This does tend to get in the way of his fighting though if he fights someone that enjoys playing dirty. But even then, Garfield will attempt to fight with everything he has. This is mostly because he sees fighting as his way of life. It's really how he earns a living.

This leads to another aspect of his mind. To him, there is nothing better than fighting someone stronger than himself. He constantly pushes his limitations as a human in the hopes that he can set a new standard. He does this by acting on things as they appear. He doesn't bother much with coming up with strategies, but rather meeting challenges head on. This is all so that he can push his own limits to what all he can do. But through all of this, it can be noted that he has a tendency to fight bouts of depressions.

Biography:
Gar was born to a family of the lower class of Twilight Town. As such, things were always rather hard for him. But because of this he learned how to be self-dependent and how to take charge. But that wasn't really the case for his parents. Because of some debts that they have gotten into, the two of them were backed into a wall. To them the only thing that could get them out of the debt was to either die or sell their own son to the men. The two chose the latter. So when Garfield was roughly six years old he was taken from the home of the family by some men, but his parents didn't even cry. They simply smiled and waved to him as if he was going to school from a happy household. But one could see it as being sent to a type of school.

For the next several years Garfield was trained to make his debut in an underground fighting arena. Or so he was told. During his training he was always told that the groups of people watching him were exam proctors trying to figure out if he should be set free, and that the only way to go free was to impress all of the men and women by fighting against some of the other kids. It wasn't until Gar turned 15 that he figured out that everything was a lie. So as a result he attempted to band together with some of the other fighters to figure out a way to break free from the place. But this was not to be had. The orchestrators of the entire fighting arena go word of this plan and decided to hold a special event. It was to be a free-for-all to the death.

There were many that tried to refuse to fight, but this notion was quickly snuffed out by the men picking off the caged fighters one at a time from a distance. Because of this the fighters all started killing each other in the hopes that they would be the one person to walk out of the arena. It was by pure luck that Gar was that fighter. By the end of the match Gar was left in the center of the ring amongst the dead bodies of his comrades. But the owners of the operation still had plans for him. They took the tired fighter from the ring and locked him inside a room where they proceded to torture him until he was nearly dead. And thinking they could get away with it, the men offered Garfield his freedom. They opened all doors and even forced all of the other men and women not to touch him. The condition was that if he got out of the chains that bound him and could walk out of the building, he was free.

Garfield did just that with that added work of killing everyone that was in his path. At this point he was the equivalent or a mad animal let loose. But once he got outside he felt all of his energy leave him and send him to the ground. The next thing he knew he was waking up in a small room in a bed with some woman tending to his wounds. That is where Garfield spent most of his next years under the loving eye of the only woman he had ever grown to love, Liandora. But even this was not to last for the fighter. Because of where the woman lived, the primary problem for her home was the constant threat of the Dark Keybladers. They claimed Lia as their own while Garfield was away looking for food.

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards

Accepted! Gar's past is absolutely heartbreaking :( I'll add this to the OP. Thanks for joining! :)

Well now that there's a few people, I'll go ahead and post mine too:

“What lies beyond the door is...my light.”

Name: Llyndellia Dwain (Llyn)
World of Origin: Born in Prydain, raised in Kuzcotopia
Weapon: “Dark Hope” – Keyblade

*A long Keyblade, Llyndellia’s weapon indicates the confusion of her nature. The handle is black adorned with dark purple filigree, the blade silver and shaped like a sword. White lace-patterned filigree weaves up and around the blade, forming the key-shaped edge and sparkling like the sun. The key chain is a heart torn in two, one side black and one white.

Special Abilities:

-Triple Firaga: release three balls of flame in rapid succession;
-Fire Surge: cloak herself in fire and fly at enemies;
-Demon Drive: create countless ghostly copies of her Keyblade and send them flying at enemies; takes a great deal of energy, thus she uses it infrequently.

The Road You Have Chosen: Dawn if she succeeds, twilight if she fails

Appearance:
Llyndellia’s appearance always set her apart, although that is one of the few things she likes about herself. She stands at around 5’5” and is thin in spite of the fact that she can eat more than anyone she knows. It suits her well, though, allowing her to have the speed and agility necessary during battle and causing her opponents to underestimate her as well. Her straight black hair falls above her shoulders, a couple of inches longer in the front than the back. The violet color of her eyes stands out in sharp contrast to her pale skin, often giving her a ghostly appearance.

When it comes to fashion, Llyndellia couldn’t really care less. Her goals come before pretty clothing, so she generally tends to wear comfortable, functional attire. Her black leggings, flats, and knee-length purple skirt make it easy for her to move quickly without getting in the way. A black short-sleeved shirt and grey jacket completes her ensemble, simple and good for any weather.

Personality:
Quiet, calculating—not superior, but separate. Llyndellia keeps herself detached to avoid forming any bonds or relationships with anyone. Her goal is foremost in her mind and she is determined to keep it that way. Some find her to be cold and aloof and she has a hard time opening up to people. She has lost so many family members and friends that she would rather keep to herself. Driven yet distantly kind, she will take down anyone who stands in her way. Only the few people she is close to are permitted to call her Llyn; needless to say, no one has called her by her nickname in many years.

Biography:
Llyndellia Dwain was born to a family of commoners in Prydain. Her father, a blacksmith, made weapons for the capital of Caer Dathyl while her mother was a seamstress in the castle. They led a relatively comfortable life, although Llyndellia does not remember a great deal about her home. When she was three years old, Cauldron-Born attacked Caer Dathyl, slaughtering many innocent people before they were forced to return to their master, her parents among them. An orphan with no siblings or other family, she and other children in the same predicament were allowed to live in the castle and, as they grew older, would become servants to the High King.

A year later, however, Llyndellia was picking flowers for a banquet in the castle when a strange woman approached her, telling her that she would give her a new home if she wanted it and teach her how to harness the power within her. Llyndellia had no idea what she meant, but when the woman reached out her empty hand, a strange sword appeared and she held it out for Llyndellia to hold. A warm sensation spread through her arm, and the woman said that she was destined for greatness. The woman, Master Niex she was called, spoke with the High King and Queen themselves, and they gave their permission for her and a young boy from another village to be taken far away from Prydain. The boy, Darien Fflemoch, was four years older than her and, seeing her distress, took her hand and assured her he would keep her safe. Comforted, Llyndellia followed Master Niex and Darien, leaving Prydain behind.

They trained for fourteen years in the Master’s world, a place called Kuzcotopia. In the time that they didn’t spend working, Llyn and Darien would visit Emperor Kuzco, a close friend of their Master, and his personal amusement park. As she grew older, Llyn became dedicated to learning all there was to learn about the Keyblade and protecting Kingdom Hearts, which the Master said was constantly under attack. The only thing she cared about more was her best friend and partner, Darien. The two became close friends quickly, thrown into an amazing situation together as they were, and before she knew it, his Mark of Mastery exam was right around the corner. The night before the exam, she decided to tell him. After he became a master, there was no knowing if he would leave... Now was the time, and she finally found the courage to say the words: that he was her light. The moment when smiled, when he told her that he reciprocated that affection was constantly on her mind ever since.

Darien became a master, and their own master was called away to fight in a nearby world. Dark Wielders had been searching the worlds for information and for followers, and they were wreaking havoc that the Master said must come to an end. She never returned, and Darien added the duty of completing Llyn’s education to their growing relationship. And then they came. The Dark Wielders came to Kuzcotopia looking for them, knowing that their master had been training pupils. The emperor hid them in the palace and when the wielders finally left, vowing that they would be back within the week, he told them they should leave for their own safety.

They departed immediately. Llyn and Darien ran from world to world, avoiding the Dark Wielders where they could but never really feeling that they belonged anywhere. They returned to Prydain, thinking that they could at least complete Llyn’s training there before deciding what to do next. Their home, however, had changed. The world had already been lost to the Dark Wielders, the forests scorched and villages reduced to rubble. The few people left who saw them attacked on sight, believing their Keyblades to be instruments of ruin rather than protection and wishing nothing more that to destroy them and their wielders. They tried to reason with them, but nothing could console or comfort these people; Darien was severely injured in the attempt, and they only just managed to escape into the nearby forest.

Their relief was short-lived as monsters of darkness—Heartless—appeared out of the shadows, drawn to the lights of their Keyblades and their hearts. Darien told her to run, but she refused to leave his side. Summoning a portal to the paths between worlds, she pulled him along, but they knew they would never make it like this. She felt him shoving her forward into the portal with the last of his strength, and the last thing she saw as the portal closed was the creatures overtaking him.

The next four years were a blur. Llyn was gone and Llyndellia took her place. She didn’t smile anymore, didn’t laugh. She was lost and had no idea how to find her way out of the darkness that had swallowed her now that her light had been spirited away. It wasn’t until she encountered a group of Dark Wielders in Disney Town that she knew what she must do, what path lay before her. They were once again seeking followers to aid in their quest for Kingdom Hearts. When she declined, they attacked, but the new flicker of life kept her from running. She fought back and viciously defeated all of them, but her mind was already flying ahead to her new goal.

Kingdom Hearts. The place where all the hearts of the worlds converge. An aggregate of hearts. Perhaps his was there... The light she had lost seemed in reach, and she began on her journey. It didn’t matter that the legends spoke of doom to those who opened that door. It didn’t matter what happened to the worlds if she succeeded. Beyond the door was her hope, her light, and she would reclaim it no matter what.

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards

Okay, for everyone who joined and/or showed interest in this story: I would like to start the story thread in the first week or two of June to allow more time for people to join in. It would be great to get at least one warrior of light just to have a person in every category, but it isn't really necessary. Otherwise, I'd just like to get a few more templates before we begin since only three have been completed.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

Okay, yeah, this looks pretty cool. Not making any promises, Key Wielder, but I'll see what I can do about temps. It's gonna take a little though; I'm pretty good once it comes to the actual RP, but I'm kind of a procrastinator on temps.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.

Okay, yeah, this looks pretty cool. Not making any promises, Key Wielder, but I'll see what I can do about temps. It's gonna take a little though; I'm pretty good once it comes to the actual RP, but I'm kind of a procrastinator on temps.

Truer words have never been spoken. Now if you'll excuse me... -runs to hide from wrath.-

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

*gives the evil eye* I heard that, Mister Misty-Face. Watch it, or you're gonna find the mist is red and you're getting booted. ;p *gets bricked*

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What lies beyond the door is... chaos!"
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Name –[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Kodaka Izumi
Nickname – Koda/Daka
Age – 15
Gender – Ma-male[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]World of Origin[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: The World of Heroes (The Incredibles)

Appearance –

A living contradiction. Many words and turn of phrases are certainly available in describing Kodaka, however the most concise and easiest would be a contradiction. Something that is entirely unexpected of an intended result. It is safe to assume that Kodaka is a normal twelve year old child with a healthy lifestyle and a bright future ahead of him. It would also be safe to assume that the above is a blatant lie. Koda stands at 5’5’’, and has a thin frame. His jet black hair cascades downward in a chaotic frenzy as strands and layers are built upon each other feathered over his shoulders, a fringe is formed over his forehead but is parted to the left side of his face barely covering his left eye. He has a tanned complexion, one that indicates a near habitual sun-bathing routine even. His smile is devious and yet bright, his eyes are so gray that they appear white and can be very obvious against his dark hair and complexion. His features are boyish and typical of someone his age. He is well-fed with puffy cheeks and just the cutest smile you could ever witness. His pearly-whites are something only the purest of the pure could conjure up, as if the world’s problems can be dissolved in a kiss; if there is untainted innocent, it is in that smile. His hair falls below his chin but no further, he claims it is an annoyance to maintain hair like that but never expresses interest in cutting it.

Despite his stature he has a willowy gait; however it is one of authority and regality. As if he has plenty of experience looking down on people. His back is never slouched, his shoulders are rigid, and his arms are near akimbo. He has a nasty habit of gesticulating with his words but otherwise nothing else I gather. On top of his head sits a silly bunch of hair that stands on head, an ahoge, it comically reacts to his emotions half the time and the other time only serves as a reminder of his presence. He can be identified by his ahoge it seems. Kodaka is nothing impressive when it comes to fighting abilities, as expressed by his muscular structure. He is of a healthy standard but otherwise doesn’t seem to have a body fitted for extended combat or even of normal every day running. He almost looks sickly if you look at him long enough, as if he would crumble upon the slightest of brushes. Kodaka also has a habit of smiling a professional smile, experienced in the art of deception he has improved and honed his techniques to getting what he wants. Typically no one would suspect someone of his standing would be such a blatant liar, but then again; that’s where all the fun comes in.

His clothes are relatively standard but they don’t appear of the norm. They look as though they were homemade. He wears a long overcoat that falls down to his waist that is soft in quality and snow white in color. A ridiculous ensemble of straps and pockets adorn the coat, two at his sides, two at his chest, one at his lower back, and several buttons at his collar and cuffs. The collar is raised and covers his neck and necklace neatly, but leaves his entire face untouched. The pockets and straps respectively hold a black hue against the stark difference of the white backdrop. His hands are hidden within his sleeves but upon closer inspection a silver skull ring on his right ring finger is seen. He wears a black shirt underneath. As for bottoms they are much more standard and not as flamboyant as his top, they are black slacks with evidence of tearing and cuts upon them. He has outlandish light blue sneakers however with skull designs imprinted on there.

Personality –

Cold, indifferent, moody, unreadable, bright, happy-go-lucky, liar; these are words that can accurately depict Kodaka. But they all appear jumbled and incoherent. That’s exactly what he aims to become. Kodaka is a true cynic at heart, he has no interest in worldly desires or even normal social rituals and traditions. He finds the entire concept of friendship a terrible joke but loves the ideal of deception. He doesn’t believe people are inherently good or bad but are masks to conceal their true nature underneath, a liar. Kodaka expresses this by lying constantly and hiding his true personality. Of course, that is to say, he is particularly a hypocrite. He just hates how people fall into a boorish routine of living and dying socially. Everyone is concerned with their self-image in one way or another and even though he wears a mask to hide himself he is honest about that mask. Wearing a cute poker face often he says deliberately cute things in order to annoy people, but underneath he is painfully intelligent with eloquence freezing with cruelty.

Kodaka is an extreme example of why children should not play violent video games. Random violence and the prospect of spilt blood elates him. He enjoys history and often tries to explain the inevitable cycle that history seems to impose on everything. He is a known trickster and is not above blackmailing or any other form of extorting into getting what he wants. Despite his age he is openly honest about his intentions and loves to expose how nasty people really are on the inside, he loves to insult people and loves even more to make inappropriate comments on girls despite their age. He is an instigator and is often a spectator in most bouts, Kodaka dislikes getting his hands dirty and would much rather watch people destroy themselves then have him partake in the nasty activity. He is also a bit of a story-teller, he often sits down and explains things in depth to other people because he fears they wouldn’t understand him otherwise. Rather philosophical in nature he references popular media in whatever he says to get his point across, he despises naivety and would much rather tarnish those ignorant people of their unspoiled personas. When he gets rolling on an interesting topic there isn’t much stopping him. Kodaka is also a picky eater, often hating eating things like vegetables, red meat, seafood, anything sweet, anything sour, anything too dry, anything too runny, and all of the above.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Keyblade –

Indiscriminate Taxation –

A keyblade of a simplistic design. One of six feet long and at its basic form is a simple blunt object with nothing particularly interesting to it. It is a plain silver metallic gray club that at the handle wraps his hand neatly like a pathetic leather grip. It “teeth” are three worn down pieces of metal weakly protruding from the weapon, the thing is a burden to carry and even worse as a weapon as it is incredibly imbalanced. The weapon doesn’t appear to have a cutting edge or even a proper blunt part to hit someone with, it looks frail and bitterly disgusting. As if it would fall apart from a simple touch.

From each swing, even if it remains stationary, the weapon becomes stronger. It is difficult to believe as the quality of the keyblade does not alter in any shape or form. But whenever it is drawn and whenever it connects to a target, it becomes stronger and sharper. The “teeth” become deadly sharp to the extent where a poke could puncture a lung. But this is a type of ability that builds upon itself, the longer the battle is the more dangerous the weapon becomes. It is also a great insulator for magic and can even absorb hits and transfer them over to pure curative magic. But once the weapon is sheathed the amount of damage it can do becomes zero instantly. Also it doesn’t work if it hits inanimate objects; the damage can increase but not as much as if it were a person or another weapon. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bio:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Not much can be said about our residential psychopath. Kodaka isn’t one to talk about his past, not out of fear or guilt, it is even unclear if he can even convey those emotions. What can be said about his past is that he came from a world of superhuman beings living amongst a grander majority of normal people. It is not known if Kodaka was a hero or a villain in the past – though, given his track record it is rather obvious. But all that practically remains of his world is chaos. Kodaka in a frenzy of anger, wreak havoc on his world, nearly obliterating it until he was eventually exiled from it. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He now lives a perpetually miserable life, but always wears a smile on his face.
[/FONT]

Key Wielder

Awards

*gives the evil eye* I heard that, Mister Misty-Face. Watch it, or you're gonna find the mist is red and you're getting booted. ;p *gets bricked*

O.O; Remind me never to make you angry, Dream. xD Anyway, it would be awesome to have you! Don't worry about rushing the templates, either; it'll be a while before we start and templates will be accepted even after that. They don't need to be super long or literary masterpieces. Getting to know the characters in the story itself is part of the fun, right? >:3

@King Wolfe: Very cool character! I'll accept the template, but you're missing the part for the road Kodaka has chosen. Once you put that in, I'll add it to the OP. Thank you so much for joining! :D

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

O.O; Remind me never to make you angry, Dream. xD Anyway, it would be awesome to have you! Don't worry about rushing the templates, either; it'll be a while before we start and templates will be accepted even after that. They don't need to be super long or literary masterpieces. Getting to know the characters in the story itself is part of the fun, right? >:3

@King Wolfe: Very cool character! I'll accept the template, but you're missing the part for the road Kodaka has chosen. Once you put that in, I'll add it to the OP. Thank you so much for joining! :D

It won't let me edit it.

The road he picked is darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back