• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War Part 2 (OOC/SIGN UPS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Wielder

Awards
I'm so sorry that I'm late!!!!! D: Let me know if I need to fix anything!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

[spoiler="My... Well, what IS my power?]
Name: Jayden Merton
World of Origin: Born in Atlantica, raised in Traverse Town
Weapon: "Au Bord de la Mer"

*A Keyblade Jayden wields left-handed. It has a long reach, its deep blue handle the color of the ocean while the fin-shaped grip is pure white. The color seems to ebb and flow as the tide, fading and growing darker along the blade until, adorning the edge, a purple starfish creates the traditional key shape.

Special Abilities:

-Quake: bury Keyblade in the ground and cause tremors to throw enemies off balance;
-Tornado: create a tornado (or, in water, a maelstrom) to carry enemies away; takes a great deal of energy, thus he uses it infrequently;
-Revenge d'eau: creates a force field around the general area and fills it with water, rendering enemies at a disadvantage if they can't fight under water; takes a great deal of energy, thus he uses it infrequently.

The Road You Have Chosen:
Light

Appearance:
Standing tall at six feet, Jayden seems skinny, but his appearance fools only a few. Lean and muscular, his body has been toned by nearly twenty years of training and honing his skills. He wears his platinum blonde hair short to keep it out of his face, and his blue eyes are like ice to most. His face is long and thin, making him look more like a bird of prey when he is angry or suspicious. While his fashion sense tends to be nonexistent, it doesn't bother him; they have a uniform where he's from. Loose-fitting black cargo trousers, a fitted purple tunic, black boots--every wielder in his company wears the same thing. A small white pin shaped like a key fits into the front notch of his belt, broadcasting his loyalties before he even says a word.

Personality:
Friendly wouldn't be the best word to describe Jayden. He is easy enough to get along with on a normal day, but he has few of those and even fewer real friendships. Instead he has comrades, partners in arms who lay their lives and hearts on the line just as he does. Jayden has great respect for his fellow light wielders, even if only a grudging respect in some cases, and considers a few of them to be friends after all that they have been through together. His standoffish nature isn't his fault, however. In the years that they trained together, none of the light wielders of Traverse Town were taught to value their peers for more than what they could provide in battle.

Cold and calculating when he is placed in charge, Jayden is a born strategist. Off the battlefield, he tends to be socially awkward and a bit unaware of how he comes across to people, especially when he is in the company of non-wielders. As a Keyblade Master, he knows his place among his peers; civilians are another matter entirely, an enigma in themselves. Dealing with them is something to be avoided, even though his ultimate goal is to keep them safe. Jayden subscribes to the belief that you can be a silent angel: a protector without a face or a voice.

Jayden's Favorite Color: Blue

Biography:

When Jayden tells people that he is a native of Atlantica, they assume that he came from the shore around the underwater city. In fact, he did come from the submerged world, having been born a mermaid--or, more accurately, a merman. The first six years of his life before he became a Keyblade wielder were spent riding the ocean currents with the other children and fish. When the Key bearers came, everything changed. Having gone to the shore despite numerous warnings to keep away from those who lived above them, Jayden came into contact with a Master who told him there was greatness in his future. He was given the gift of the Keyblade, but many of the other natives believed that it was truly a curse. Their world had been ravaged by dark wielders before, and the rumors of their activities in the world above spread far and wide.

Seeing the dangers present with a Keyblade wielder now living under the sea, the king banished Jayden in the kindest way he could think of: he made him human. He was taken to shore and left with the other Keyblade wielders; those who cared about him and weren't too afraid came to see him off, and even some whose curiosity got the better of them. The wielders promised him a new life, a better one that his parents would be proud of, but Jayden could only think about what could have been. If he had just followed instructions and not gone to the surface, he wouldn't be leaving his family and friends behind. Yet there was no going back and, unsteady on his new legs and feet, Jayden followed his new family to another world.

The next fifteen years flew by in a blur of training in Traverse Town. It was a world that never saw the light of day, but he was used to never seeing direct sunlight after living under the sea. It was nice to see stars for a change, though; their light had never penetrated the water. A strange place for wielders of light to gather, Jayden couldn't help wondering why they had chosen such a dark world for their base until he was older. Like the famed Land of Departure, it was a world between light and darkness. It sat on the brink of both and of nothing, the perfect place to train without fear of calling dark beings to the light. Jayden trained with the other students and became a Keyblade Master without becoming very popular with the others, not that it bothered him at all. Outshining them in natural talent and learned skills (not to mention fighting in wet weather or underwater), Jayden shot to the top of the group and now controls a company of his own.

Battle Report: The mission in New World failed, and Jayden is the only surviving member of his squadron. As far as he knows, he and Neku may be the only ones who survived the devastation at all. He and Neku found their way to Kuzcotopia, where they met Llyndellia and many other admittedly odd opponents. Feeling as though his battle would never end, Jayden secretly took some solace in the fact that the fights and his subsequent injuries would keep him from returning to Traverse Town and facing the consequences for his failures. In any case, he now prepares to return, this time accompanied by Llyndellia, Neku, and Leon.
[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
I see it's there now Shinra, you're fine:) It's just the last time I saw it, it wasn't there, you're all good now :D

Your templates look pretty good key, but you are missing one tiny thing... I'd suggest re-reading over the rules when you can;)

Hostile Kangaroo

Re: Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War Part 2 (OOC/SIGN UPS) (Open to new members only)

Hey. I had a couple of questions.

1) How long does this take place before KH? For example, if my homeworld was Beast's Castle, none of the current characters would be alive, yes?

2) Are worlds the same size as in the game, or could I go on or mention land in Atlantica, or go to or mention town in Beast's Castle

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War Part 2 (OOC/SIGN UPS) (Open to new members only)

Hey man! Nice to see some interest in the RP:) In answer to your questions:

1) The Keyblade War takes place a few hundred years before the events of Birth By Sleep, anyway, that's what I'd like to imagine. As it says in the opening post, not much is known about the Keyblade War and it has become a legend, so I'd like to think that it takes part at least a few centuries before the events of Birth By Sleep.

2) Yes, you can expand the worlds further than what you see in game. In the Roleplay Darien and another character were actually within a small town within the Coliseum so as long as it actually exists within that world (based on what we've seen in other media such as film etc.) you can travel there.

If you have anymore questions, post them here, or send me a Visitor Message or a Personal Message and I'll be more than happy to help :D

@Key Wielder: Llyn, Jayden and Darien are now accepted:)

EDIT: If all goes according to plan, Part 1 will end in Key's next post, then I'll begin working on Part 2's intro post.

Last edited:

Hostile Kangaroo

Agh I have my character ideas but I cannot find names that I like.

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards

Japanese names go well with these types of RP, a lot of the time if I'm stuck I go here and type in a word that describes my character (e.g angry) and I pick one of those and then another descriptive word like "fighter" and use one of those words and BAM I have a name! Maybe that helps?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

I was invited by Eternal Dream. This is my first RP, so here goes...

"My Broken Heart is the source of my power"
Name: Ximálech Ryeta (pronounced: Zi'MAL'ek Ree'YEta)
World of Origin: Radiant Garden
Weapon: Keyblade, named Fractured Love. It is clear, with an opal-like sheen to it, giving it faint shades of pink and blue. The blade is about 3 feet, with the "key" segment appearing like shattered crystal. The handguard is also shattered crystal, but the sharp edges face outwards, away from the hands. The handle is white, with a rope-like grip. The chain links are shaped like diamonds, and the keychain shows a crystal heart, with a crack running vertically through the middle.
Element: Sound

Abilities: Shattered Cry: Ximálech throws his Keyblade, which emits a loud, heart-breaking scream as it flies toward the target, which may cause the person to flinch, thus sometimes failing to block the incoming blade. The keyblade takes a moment to return, thus leaving him open to attack.

Shards of Love: He stabs his Keyblade into the earth, and a wall of seperate Crystals erupt out of the ground in a dome around him, and then explode outwards, causing damage to anything in the same area as him. However, this leaves him momentarily dazed, as it takes much energy to do this attack. Therefore, he uses it only in emergencies.

The Road You Have Chosen: Twilight (his own path.)

Appearance: He is a young man, he has no wrinkles of age nor signs of adolescence. His hair is black. It runs down to his shoulders in the back, spikes backwards on top, and his bangs sweep to either side of his face. He seems like a normal man. However, his eyes are intimidating and frightening: The irises are opal, like his keyblade, and miniscule grey "cracks" run toward the pupil, which is black. They carry a sense of helplessness mixed with determination. You can tell through these eyes that this man has had deep heartbreak.

His clothes are flamboyant, as he hails from a rich family. He wears a red and black coat, open in the front, that goes down to his knees (similar to Master Xehanort's). His pants are black, and overlap his shoes, which are dark brown. The shirt he wears is grey, with the emblem of his family on the front: a dove holding a rose, which are white and black, respectively. He wears a necklace, that is crystal, with a heart as his cross (This necklace is the basis for his Keyblade's appearance).

He carries himself well, and stands tall and straight when conversing, using hand jestures, but rarely. His battle stance: He stands with his Keyblade in his right hand, held in the air (similar to Riku). His other hand goes downward in the other direction, cupping forward. He stands with his legs apart, slightly bent, and with his chest facing slightly to the Keyblade side.

Personality: He is a heartbroken man, who takes little delight in the world around him. He has great ingenuity and determination, and will not allow anyone to hinder his plans.

He will not fight unless necessary, though he harbors a deep anger in him that is best channeled through battle. He is calm and collected, but throws this mask off when angered, revealing his inner turmoil, self-loathing, and desperation. His favorite color is black.

Biography: Born and raised in the high society of Radiant Garden, he longed for the day he could explore the worlds. As time went on he developed a close bond with a girl named Siriné Livera (pronounced: SEE'ree'nay Liv'AIR'ah), a servant girl that worked for his family. Eventually, this friendship became love, and Ximálech proposed. As a gift, Siriné gave him a necklace of crystal she had been given by her mother. They were very happy together.

Then, the Darkness came ravaging Radiant Garden and seperating the two lovers. When he finally reunited with his beloved, she was attacked, and lost her heart, becoming a Heartless and Nobody, which then dissapeared into the darkness. Ximálech let out a heart-ripping scream. He had lost the woman he loved. He channeled all his despair into this scream, and when he could do it no longer, he began to cry. Suddenly, a Keyblade appeared in his hands, and his eyes changed color to match his heart: broken. He drifted through the darkness, until finding a world yet unravaged by the Darkness, the Pride Lands.

Once there he glanced down at his newfound power, remembering old tales of Kingdom Hearts and a key that could unlock it. It was said a certain light resided within. Perhaps this light could bring Siriné back. His mind made up, he decided to find this key and return his loved one from the darkness. He would never give in. He cared not for the War or who won it. All he wanted was Siriné back. And no one would stop him.

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

New kid has some great talent with temps. As long as Smoofy gives the go ahead, can't wait to RP with you, Xblade. I need to get a little work done, but I should be editing this with updated Hunter temps somewhere in the next hour. So, until then, later!

EDIT: And now, for the guys.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Okay, and that's got my guys up for your viewing pleasure. Hope the updates are good for you, Smoofy; and here's hoping you like the slight Russian roulette feeling with the Rage. Anyway, is late, so night peeps!

Last edited:

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards

Hnnnngh I like this temp a lot! I really like how your character has a real and heartfelt drive to find Kingdom Hearts, not for the war nor for other people, he just wants his lady-friend back. If your roleplaying is half as good as your template making, you will fit in perfectly! Glad to have you aboard:)

Accepted x100

Also:

Notice Regarding Part 2:

Part 2 will begin very shortly and as of now, Part 1 is complete. Congrats guys! We finished the first part of The Keyblade War! Pat yourselves on the back for that :D

Anyway, since part 1 is now finished and basically closed, any members who did not get to do their final post need not worry, as in your opening post in Part 2, you may have a short flashback, explaining how your character escaped or transitioned to their new world. I wouldn't want anyone feeling like they need to kill anyone.

Also remember template submissions are still open to new members (of roleplaying and the forums in general) as well as those who were invited. If there is anyone else who wishes to join and are unsure of whether they can or not, either have them or message me yourself (vm or pm is fine) to find out or not (p.s the answer will most likely be yes.)

PREPARE YOURSELVES, WE'S GOIN' IN HOT.

P.S Writing posts with appropriate music makes everything flow much nicer... with Neku I'm listening to a loop of Traverse Town... it's lovely.

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

Yep, music makes everything better, Smoofy. *has Rock You Like a Hurricane by Scorpions on loop* Anyway, as said, temps for the twins are up; I'll get the girls in just a little bit later. 'Night!

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards

Alright Dream, the twins are accepted!

Okay Klom, that sounds good, just don't forget to re-submit Kie's template as well (with a couple of necessary additions found in the rules) and you'll be all set to go!

First part of the opening post is done, now I gotta do Kataki's section and this ball will be ROLLING.

Hostile Kangaroo

Here is my first of at least two characters.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards

It's looking pretty good, Kangaroo. You're missing a little something though (I'd suggesting re-reading the rules in the "Other" section for clarification.) Also, I have a couple of issues regarding your temp:

So, I'm under the impression he has a deck of tarot cards in his possession, a magic staff, and a knife? Just wanna clarify this.

I'm a little iffy on his Tarot Card ability. That would be tough to co-ordinate and seems almost unfair. You're new, so this isn't too much of an issue, as with my first templates it was all sorts out of wack like... you don't wanna know. P.S Sorry for the relatively long-ish read ahead, it'll be a little long, but it's all for the better :D

Basically with an attack or technique there has to be some form of option your opponent can take to avoid it or counter-act in some way (be it a long start-up or cool down, or only useable when specific conditions are met, or it makes your character really tired) but the conditions described underneath this ability could potentially be controlled by you and your opponent. You could decide the tarot reading is successful but then your opponent can decide it was unsuccessful in their next post and instead benefits them. See how this could cause conflict? In some ways it seems this ability could guarantee damage, which is generally seen unfair unless your opponent is backed into a corner with no means of escape. If you can somehow make the technique more fair, I'll certainly accept it, if you're unable to, you're more than welcome to come up with something else.

His Bloodpact ability also feels a little iffy. There doesn't really seem to be a form of "pact" involved. Basically all Chance has to do is cut himself and then his enemy? I understand all he's really got to cut with is his knife (or his cards if they're capable of such) but just simply cutting himself and then his opponent for a technique with potentially devastating results (since he's immune temporarily to his own attacks, but for how long?) is far too powerful. Might I suggest maybe either Chance's blood and his opponent's blood connecting for the technique to work? I'd accept it then.

Just one last thing, it's about disguise: So, I assume Chance doesn't have a perfect memory, right? I'd feel more comfortable with the technique if you added onto the "imperfections" of his disguise as the authenticity can only be replicated as far as he can remember, either distorting his image or creating certain imperfections (such as missing earrings, or different eye/hair color.) Also, by anything, do you mean in-animate objects as well? I'd have to deny that part, but replicating people I'm ok with.

You've got a really good template there dude, it just needs a few kinks ironed out and it'll be great! Keep it up:)

Hostile Kangaroo

It's looking pretty good, Kangaroo. You're missing a little something though (I'd suggesting re-reading the rules in the "Other" section for clarification.) Also, I have a couple of issues regarding your temp:

So, I'm under the impression he has a deck of tarot cards in his possession, a magic staff, and a knife? Just wanna clarify this.

I'm a little iffy on his Tarot Card ability. That would be tough to co-ordinate and seems almost unfair. You're new, so this isn't too much of an issue, as with my first templates it was all sorts out of wack like... you don't wanna know. P.S Sorry for the relatively long-ish read ahead, it'll be a little long, but it's all for the better :D

Basically with an attack or technique there has to be some form of option your opponent can take to avoid it or counter-act in some way (be it a long start-up or cool down, or only useable when specific conditions are met, or it makes your character really tired) but the conditions described underneath this ability could potentially be controlled by you and your opponent. You could decide the tarot reading is successful but then your opponent can decide it was unsuccessful in their next post and instead benefits them. See how this could cause conflict? In some ways it seems this ability could guarantee damage, which is generally seen unfair unless your opponent is backed into a corner with no means of escape. If you can somehow make the technique more fair, I'll certainly accept it, if you're unable to, you're more than welcome to come up with something else.

His Bloodpact ability also feels a little iffy. There doesn't really seem to be a form of "pact" involved. Basically all Chance has to do is cut himself and then his enemy? I understand all he's really got to cut with is his knife (or his cards if they're capable of such) but just simply cutting himself and then his opponent for a technique with potentially devastating results (since he's immune temporarily to his own attacks, but for how long?) is far too powerful. Might I suggest maybe either Chance's blood and his opponent's blood connecting for the technique to work? I'd accept it then.

Just one last thing, it's about disguise: So, I assume Chance doesn't have a perfect memory, right? I'd feel more comfortable with the technique if you added onto the "imperfections" of his disguise as the authenticity can only be replicated as far as he can remember, either distorting his image or creating certain imperfections (such as missing earrings, or different eye/hair color.) Also, by anything, do you mean in-animate objects as well? I'd have to deny that part, but replicating people I'm ok with.

You've got a really good template there dude, it just needs a few kinks ironed out and it'll be great! Keep it up:)

The blood connecting thing was supposed to be in there, albeit a bid more detailed but, I lost this a couple of times and must have missed it. Sorry! And he's not invincible to his own magic during the period of the pact, he just has a slight resistance so it would do slightly more damage to the other person but not a huge amount.

For the disguise, he won't remember perfectly and also he doesn't know things he can't see, so for example if someone had a birthmark, changed anything about themselves or was injured since he saw them last he also wouldn't know. Also, he doesn't perfectly mimic speech patterns so someone could notice if for example someone never used contractions and he was.

The weapons you're right about. The weapon is really the staff and the tarot cards are just how the spells are enacted, and the knife is for the bloodpact.

Maybe for the tarot cards he casts it like a spell and if it hits it does a random status spell, enacting stop, burn, flat, confusion, poison, or stun, but could also enact kh1's air shield or a small cure?

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards

The blood connecting thing was supposed to be in there, albeit a bid more detailed but, I lost this a couple of times and must have missed it. Sorry! And he's not invincible to his own magic during the period of the pact, he just has a slight resistance so it would do slightly more damage to the other person but not a huge amount.

Ah okay then, that definitely works! Just make sure that's added in there and that tech will be accepted!
Hostile Kangaroo said:
For the disguise, he won't remember perfectly and also he doesn't know things he can't see, so for example if someone had a birthmark, changed anything about themselves or was injured since he saw them last he also wouldn't know. Also, he doesn't perfectly mimic speech patterns so someone could notice if for example someone never used contractions and he was.
Awesome, just make sure this is added into your temp, and it's good to go!
Hostile Kangaroo said:
The weapons you're right about. The weapon is really the staff and the tarot cards are just how the spells are enacted, and the knife is for the bloodpact.

Sweet, works for me.
Hostile Kangaroo said:
Maybe for the tarot cards he casts it like a spell and if it hits it does a random status spell, enacting stop, burn, flat, confusion, poison, or stun, but could also enact kh1's air shield or a small cure?

I like this idea, but as I saw edd mention in a visitor message, he mentioned using dice to determine the card he draws or something, which I quite like. If you wanna go slightly more in depth with this skill, you can look through a deck of tarot cards (good ones to use would the ones used at the beginning of Tactics Ogre and used through Persona, I forget the name of the deck though) and assign an effect to each card e.g Queen = Confusion, Tower = Flat, Death = Stop etc. then, and I'm sure you can, you could find an online deck of those cards, you could "draw" one, and in the RP thread itself, post saying Chance draws a card like "Chance draws a card from his deck and throws it at his opponent, should the card connect, his opponent would be thrown into a state of disarray" and link like I did right there. Idk, that might be cool, or you could just pick a random card from a set, and assign a affect to it there. As long as effects don't overlap such as King and Tower causing Poison, you'll be fine.

Long explanation regarding that technique, but I really like that idea you put there! Once all the necessary changes are made, Chance is accepted!

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards

Gasp i was mentioned *_*... lol

Anyway i really like the tarot idea, its a great idea, i wish i thought about it... i just might have to steal it for another character lol (not this rp ofcourse) but it would be different ofcourse i hate copyright... lol

Anyway nah your idea is great and i hope your ideas just keep continuing,

pst smoofy this new person shows great promise, i bet hes done rps before o..o

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards

pst smoofy this new person shows great promise, i bet hes done rps before o..o

Don't say that Edd! You'll blow his cover! xD

UPDATE TO DAH MAXXXXXX:

The RP thread is up! All currently enrolled members are free to begin posting, just make sure to adhere to the rules! For those of you yet to submit your temps... GET CRACKIN' YO.

I kinda like the (unintentional) opposites that I made with the brothers, actually.

I HOPE THE OPENING POST MEETS YOUR EXPECTATIONS :D

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

I seriously hate to do this to you Smoofy, but could you take Zack and Tony off the front page? I'm pulling them from Keyblade War and replacing them with a different set of characters. Give me until tomorrow, and I should have the first character or two up. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back