• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War Part 1 remake (OOC/SIGN UPS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com
seeing as the old version, which was quite the roleplay fizzled and died, i decided, out of my own goodwill to remake this. naturally, everyone from the original is open, invited, and welcome to join this version. most content here is from key wielder, with only a minor edit to storyline from myself in adding a new faction. so, let's get this party started people!

~The Story~

“We know so little about the Keyblade War…

…only that it was just the beginning.”

--Master Xehanort, Birth by Sleep

The worlds have long coexisted peacefully. While each has its own domain separate from the others, corridors of light allow anyone to travel between them, interacting and enjoying the peace and prosperity of their time together. The chosen wielders of the Keyblade guard the denizens of the worlds as they travel from one to another, protecting them from those who would seek to disrupt the order and turn all to chaos. Thus has the World always existed, and thus has it ever been thought to exist for all eternity.

Yet there has always been one other duty of the Keyblade wielders: to protect Kingdom Hearts, where the hearts of all worlds are connected. Only legend can say what lies beyond that most sacred of doors, yet there are always those who would seek to find out.

Evil festers beyond the glow of the light, as the brave Keyblade wielders are well aware. Unbeknownst to them, however, evil is ever present among those who wield the light as well. Kingdom Hearts draws not only the denizens of darkness, but also the heroes of the light. Some seek to open the door purely to satisfy their own curiosity, others to wield the infinite power that is said to lie beyond. Yet that power is far too great for any mere mortal to wield, or so the legend says. Those who have allowed themselves to become so obsessed with their goal to gain control of Kingdom Hearts have lost themselves, falling victim to the darkness in their hearts or allowing their righteous light to smother them. The worlds have paid for the actions of these wielders, playing host to the monsters they have become as the light in their hearts has been snuffed out: Heartless and Nobodies. These creatures have their own designs on Kingdom Hearts and so, for as long as there have been wielders of the great Keys, there have been the guardians over Kingdom Hearts and those they have sworn to conquer.

Their task is both simple and perilous, for what would become of the worlds should their resolve waver? What future would there be if that door were to finally be opened?
within this mire of bloodshed, there lies a third faction. the voidbound empire. an ever-growing group of the disillusioned and those who've lost faith in the keyblade wielders. they are led by a mysterious yet monstrous figure known as Nihilus. his goal? to destroy all keyblade wielders.

~"Good" Guys and "Bad" Guys~

The main conflict in the story is not only between light and dark Keyblade wielders. As the legend says, everyone wanted the light for themselves and sought to control Kingdom Hearts to that end. Anyone can be a friend or an enemy depending on what the characters care about most—will they protect Kingdom Hearts, go after it themselves, or just try to survive the encounters with those whose interests are far more ambitious? Either way, everyone has been pulled into the conflict and must take a stand for what they believe in, even if joining a war wasn’t on their to-do list.

Heartless and Nobodies run amok in the worlds of this story, the former having been drawn to the darkness in people’s hearts and the latter the remains of those who have lost theirs. They are the byproducts of the war and, while they may not haveprevalence in the first part of the story, their presence grows as darkness consumes more worlds. All Heartless are Purebloods (e.g Shadows, Neo Shadows and Darksides, and for sake of variety pure blood "variations" of emblem heartless can and do exist as well) who find their origins in the realm of darkness, and the Nobodies are of the less advanced variety—Nobodies of Organization XIII proportions do not exist just yet.

Dark and light wielders, as well as any other minor characters, can be NPCs (characters who are only used for a limited amount of time and for a specific purpose). You do not need a template to control one, but they also shouldn’t be more than occasional antagonists/protagonists given their widespread presence throughout the worlds. If you would like to make one a more permanent character, please create a separate template for them. You can use NPC dark wielders, light wielders, or others as necessary to further your character’s side of the story—but do not use someone else’s NPC without their permission. Some mistakes will be made here, I can almost guarantee it. Don't fret, Roleplay's with active NPC usage aren't very common. It's all a learning process.

~Worlds and The Keyblades~

The worlds are separated in a way similar to the way they appear in the games, but anyone can pass between them and visit other worlds as they please. All that is necessary is for a character to summon a portal and step through into another world—no munny for Gummi Ships necessary.

Any character may wield a keyblade, whether they are good or evil. If your character receives a keyblade at some point during the RP, make the appropriate changes to your template and character biography and let me know so I can move your character in the roster.

Rules and regulations.

1.please make sure to follow the standard forum rules
2.The story should adhere to a PG-13 rating. This is a public forum, so please conduct yourself and your characters as though the whole world is watching. Profanity is permitted, but please keep cursing at a reasonable level. Violence is also acceptable, even necessary given the nature of the roleplay, as is romance; please keep these situations from getting too graphic.

3.Members must limit their posting to a maximum of three posts per day. There is no minimum posting requirement to remain in the roleplay, but please be courteous to the other members and inform a member whose characters your own are interacting with if you will be absent for a significant period of time.
Please use proper grammar and complete sentences when posting. In other words, please refrain from using internet lingo (i.e. lol, brb, etc.) and abbreviations.

4.Posts should be a minimum of two four-sentence paragraphs. You can make each post as long as you like, but do not post if you cannot meet this requirement. This rule extends to all characters, though if you have more than one in a post, you may split content between them. but keep in mind to at least give something to work with for each character. New members, you can slowly build up for this, but try to shoot for this minimum!

5.Don’t try to take control of the actions of your fellow members. Do not tell other members when or how to post their characters. This is known as Powerplaying.

6. Please be kind and courteous to your fellow members. No fighting or personal drama is allowed in the story or OOC threads. If you have a problem with another member, take it to VMs or PMs—it has no place in either thread. If another member has misunderstood your post or has written inconsistently with the posts before them, let them know or ask me to inform them.

7. There is no limit to the number of characters a member may have. Just make sure you can properly post for all of them, and don’t make more characters than you can handle. If you use one post for multiple characters, please find a way to differentiate so that everyone knows which one is being used. Each character should still abide by the minimum post length.

8.If you have been given permission to control another character, make note of it in the OOC thread. If the character has been permanently turned over to you, please do the same.

9. If you have a particular world you would like to visit, PM me a request. Try not to make your characters’ stories rely heavily on going to particular worlds, but if there is one that you feel strongly about visiting, ask me and I will do my best to accommodate you.

10.If you have any questions or concerns about the roleplay, don’t hesitate to ask!
11.Members who were involved in Part One will not be automatically readmitted in Part Two.

12.By agreeing to follow these rules, you are agreeing to accept the consequences of breaking them. I reserve the right to extend warnings, suspensions, and bans for characters and/or their respective members as I see fit if you break the rules or otherwise disturb the smooth running of the roleplay.

13.Have a good time! That’s what a roleplay is for, after all!

14. If you have read, understand, and agree to follow these rules, include the following quote at the top of your template: “My *whatever applies to your character* is/are my power.”

CS:

Name:

Weapon:
Special Abilities: [Any particularly special abilities your character has. Ordinary magic (ex. Fira, Blizzaga, etc.) and practiced skills (ex. stealth, speed, acrobatics, etc.) do not count; things like Ragnarok or Ars Arcanum would be more appropriate. 3 permitted; please provide descriptions.]

Chosen Path: [i.e. light, darkness, twilight, dawn, etc.]

Appearance:

Personality:

Biography:

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm in if it takes off.

Should we use our old characters from the original? Or start freshly squeaky clean?

Though I must ask before anyone else does: Did you get Key Wielder's permission to use the text? Stupid question, I'm sure; but that can piss some people off. It WAS after all her conception, source material notwithstanding. Just tryin' to make sure there's no drama, y'know? ^_^

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com
yeah. i've got permission. and as for using old characters, if you want to, sure. likewise for the opposite. and on that note..BUMP! COME ON AND JOIN US! WE'VE GOT COOKIES!!

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Alas, the KHI RP Section has phases like this. Some ideas don't get off the ground, others are stuck too like wallpaper. Some are fine for awhile, then become forgotten.

Wouldn't say there's a reason for it, really. It just happens. I know that doesn't really help my argument, but I've been on here long enough to speak from experience. ^_^

I'd say give it another day, and if there's no progress, simply move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back