• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts the hardest game ever?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destinyislands88

There are a lot of challenging situations in the Kingdom Hearts series such as the optional badass bosses (Specially on Critical mode), but here's the question, is Kingdom Hearts the hardest game ever? I don't think so, at least you can level up, apart from the optional badass bosses there are a lot challenges in the whole Kingdom Hearts series that there are not so hard after all (If you are careful). But there are other games out there such as the infamous Dark Souls that would make the super bosses in Kingdom Hearts series (Young Xehanort in Birth By Sleep for example) look like fighting against a Goomba from Super Mario Bros series. That's my personal opinion, what do you think?

okhi12

Awards
That is so subjective that I don't see the point of those kind of comparisons. But I agree that KH games are not that difficult. After a bit of trial and error, learning how the games work and precise timing of cure magic and block abilities the KH games are relatively easy, no matter what difficulty you choose. I haven't played the dark souls games but I tried bloodborne and didn't like it because I grew frustrated to the point of not wanting to play it anymore. I understand that many people like difficult games, but they are not for me. If I am stuck for too long I lose interest and any game like that is not worth my money and limited time to play. But this is my individual view on the matter. I like KH games mainly for the story but also because I can adjust them to my own playstyle depending on what I want in that playthrough.

Last edited:
Awards
Devil May Cry.

Dante Must Die.

That is all.
dJtdP.jpg

TheMostRad

It may seem like the hardest game in the world when you're playing that original print PS2 Kingdom Hearts 1 and you're on your 9th attempt against Riku/Ansem in Hollow Bastion, tears running down your face as you repeat Ansem's monologue back to him because you've been forced to watch it so many times now that you've Got It Memorized.

But objectively, no, I wouldn't call it the hardest ever, lest From Software strike me down where I stand.

sephydark

Awards
The KH series does have some stuff that can be difficult if you play on critical mode... but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say any of them are the hardest game ever. In fact, I've heard more people say they're too easy rather than too hard (or that they're cheap, which isn't the same as hard).

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
There isn't an hardest game ever.
We are all different with different skillsets and difficulty tresholds.
I would believe someone who told me they completed all Kaizou Mario without dying and then died to 1k Heartless on Beginner, and I would believe the opposite as well.

jahob000

I'm not much of a gamer so it's tough to say. I always play on Critical on every game and it's not super tough. I die sometimes but if I, a non gamer, can do it, certainly regular gamers can.

The examples I use are the Final Mixes of KHI and KHII. I think the difference between difficulty of Kingdom Hearts games versus other games is that the player chooses their own difficulty by their playstyle, especially with KHII FM. They make the games so anyone can play and succeed but you can also place your own restrictions. You can stay at level one and play on crit. You can avoid using certain moves, weapons, etc.

I am curious though if people think playing level one Crit for KHII FM and beating the Data Battles are easy. As others have said, I guess when you find patterns and become used to the timings, it can be simple. Like those guys demonstrate on YouTube all the time and make me feel inferior lol.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The first one has its challenges, but nothing too bad. The rest of the games the protagonists are usually obscenely overpowered imo. So, to answer your question, no I do not think this series is the hardest ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back