• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Tattoo!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hey, y'all! It's been quite a while since I've really been active on here, but I have been keeping an eye on the series and geeking out about it on my own time.

Anyways, my brothers want me to get a tattoo with them that's Kingdom Hearts themed! I've gone through tons of designs, but I want it to be small and not too costly, since my brother offered to pay for this one and I'd feel bad getting a big piece.

I originally wanted a paopu fruit, but I couldn't think of a good place to put it as a guy. I thought maybe on my inner thigh, on the side of my torso, and on my lower back, but I wanted to save the lower back for a large Led Zeppelin tattoo I want in my late 20's.

So, I need tattoo ideas! Any better designs or icons you can think of? Or are there any placements that you think would work? Let me know!

Soldier

Awards
You could go with the classic Dream Rod, Sword and shield motif between you guys, they can be small and simple enough to put....
Pretty much anywhere on your body.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
The good thing about getting a KH tattoo is that there are many different symbols to choose from. I think you should pick a symbol that you like the meaning of, and find a way to design it into a tattoo. Just getting the plain symbol itself is one thing, but adding some personal flair could make it more special.

For example, you could get a silhouette of your favorite Keyblade, rather than just getting a stock image of the Kingdom Key.

You mentioned a paopu fruit, so you could always find a way to play with that image. There are a few different "styles" of paopu fruit even within the game. There is the actual fruit you can see a bit in Destiny Islands hanging from the trees or in the scene when Riku tosses it over to Sora, if you wanted to go with something semi "realistic". There is the basic drawn representation, Kairi's good luck charm, the "chalk" drawing version up in the Secret Place between Sora and Kairi, the BBS trio Wayfinders, Namine's charm from Re:Com, and possibly related to that might be just a plain Thalassa Shell (the shells Kairi used to sew her charm with) that Xion collected in Days. It honestly depends on how simple or complex you would like the image to be. It's your tattoo, but I'm sure whoever your artist is might have some insight on what is doable or will look better on skin.

Other symbols that would be good to consider maybe are something with Sora's crown, the main heart logo for the series, one of the unversed/nobody/heartless/dream eater emblems, one of the keychains of a keyblade (your favorite one, presumably), the recusant's sigil (the X thing), a sea salt ice cream, a keyhole, etc...

Not sure if that helps you brainstorm a little.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
design your own wayfinders. give them all a basic outline/sillouhette in common but add a unique flair to each tat that represents who’s skin its on, similar to the personal wayfinders for the KH and disney characters from the games themselves.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
...but I want it to be small and not too costly, since my brother offered to pay for this one and I'd feel bad getting a big piece.

Why not a symbol?

Maybe something like this:
220px-Kingdom_Hearts_logo.svg.png

Or the Kingdom Key?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Why not a symbol?

Maybe something like this:
220px-Kingdom_Hearts_logo.svg.png

I have a tattoo nearly identical to this on my right shoulder, only the crown is positioned on the heart, like it is in all the game logos, like this:

latest

I also have wayfinder tattoo on my right wrist colored to look like it was painted in a splashed watercolor style. I have Terra's colors, and my other two friends who got them with me have Ven and Aqua.

So, Grono, if you're looking for something cheaper, go for a symbol as those can still be done very well without being super large. Both of my KH tattoos costed a little over $100 before tips. So I would definitely recommend a symbol. Also, color = more cost, so symbols work even better since you can just get them in solid black and they'll look great without being expensive at all.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Sorry that I forgot about this thread, but I decided a little while ago! It's going to be like the last two, but I've decided to hold off on it.

See, after the KHIII box art came out, I decided that I wanted that heart to be filled with a galaxy pattern that's in those colors.

Also, right below the heart will be the words "simple and clean"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back