• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom hearts stopping at KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima Monkey

Website
www.myspace.com
Although I love Kingdom Hearts, I think it has to stop eventually. Soon the idea of darkness conquering the world and Sora being the brave hero will get tiring. I can't wait until KH2 but after that I think it'd be best if they just release a KH3 and end the whole series with a big BANG! I'd still try to play the games over and over again!

sora_123

Well ppl, it goes through one ear and comes out through the other. Huh!,
well read the interview again.
Nomura: At the moment the KHII story has been completed in a clean way that leaves hardly any questions open for a sequel. Now, it really is up to all of you to decide and the future will probably depend on how well KHII will sell within its first year."
--and--
"Q: Within yourself, have you been thinking far in terms of the story of the world of KH?

Nomura: No, for now it's been decided on how KH2 will end but I really haven't been thinking beyond that. All the enigmas that arose in KH and CoM will be solved in KH2 so it is possible to end it all then and there. However, quite a few new mysteries are glimpsed at in KH2 so it isn't impossible to create another story afterwards. The question now is "shall it be done?"."

Crazy1

Website
www.something.com
Nomura should just figure out a way to leave all the questions out with a good solid ending. KH3 seems likely but a 4th or 5th doesn't. FF-XII was okay but i never cared for it, god i hope Nomura doesn't mess it up.

OathkeeperAngel

no no no! they cant stop making them! i dont know why... THEY JUST CANT! kingdom hearts and the sims are the only thing i have to do when im bored... and the sims gets sooooo boring! the only time the sims has action is when you make people fight... and thats when you lose a roomate... not kool

anyway... they can't stop making kingdom hears after kh2 its just not right... they have a million final fantasies... why cant they do that for kh too?

Last edited:

Box_ghost

TheMuffinMan said:

Sigh. Thankyou TMM.
Depending on how it sells, they will make a Kingdom Hearts 3. So if you want there to be one, don't look at Nomura. He's basing it on how KH2 sells. If you want KH2 sells to be high, then let one [or two] friends see your copy, then they will want to buy it, therefore increasing the sales. So like my friend said, it's not a matter of whether IF, but a matter of WHEN.

... I am the box ghost...BEWARE!

Nemesis

l4t1n0pr1d3 said:
I hope KH2 will end the story. I don't care for more sequels, since most usally suck anyways.

this guy has a good point.

Sequals as a general rule, in both movie and video game form, suck. Admitingly, KH2 does look very promiseing. I will admit that. BUT im saying that it might be for the best to just leave it be after KH2. If he can work in that scene that finishes KH, then i say let Noruma finish it. He brought Closure to Cloud's story in FFAC(VISUAL ORGY) and while the FF7 timeline will continue in DOC, it has nothing to do with Cloud, and will probably end the FF7 storyline.

KH2, should it be the last one, will probably be uber. and maybe a KH3 or 4 should happen. But there-in lies the danger. I'll make a comparison. the RE series. I remember reading a magazine that was reviewing RE:CV and saying that the game feels like RE1, and after 4 games, that may not be a good game. RE4 did change that, but even I, a RE fanboy, think that just maybe the series gets, for lack of better term, killed before they do way to much with it. KH could be the same way. I say Sora's story will be finished at KH2, cause after that, what else is there too do? Sora is now looking for the King and Riku. And we know they are buddying around the KH Universe, so once they are found, whats left for Sora? not too much. If he does make KH3, I feel it should focus away from Sora. Square has taught us 1 thing with FF10-2. They dont know how to make sequals in a RPG.

but im just saying.

RikuIsMine77

Website
www.freewebs.com
With FF each game installment was a story about a different character. But since Sora is the main character of KH, it won't stay alive forever. I do wish KH would go on forever, due to it being my obsession.

I think we shouldn't worry about if Nomura is going to make this 'so called mistake'. We should all be supporting Nomura and KH! Nomura is smart and he'll know when it's time to wrap it up. Damn, he even stated in an interview that he already has the ending made up in his mind. The perfect ending. I'm not sure rather this will take place in KH2, 3, 4, or even a 5. But since we love KH we should atleast give it a chance instead of pointing the 'bad sequel' finger at it.

I want there to be as many installments as possible. As for the ending of KH, let's stop worrying and leave it in Nomura's hands. He made this great of a game, I think he should know how to handle things. ;)

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
The story doesnt end at KH2 as Nomura said, but if KH2 doesnt sell well then they will stop at that incomplete story.

We have to make it successful.

moogles

l4t1n0pr1d3 said:
I hope KH2 will end the story. I don't care for more sequels, since most usally suck anyways.

I hope they end with KH2 also before the story starts to get dull.

Jampsa

If Kh3 is going to be about sora, when will it come out? And another thing voice actors will change, example in the new anime series that you can catch at cartoon network, one of the characters voice is sora`s voice, he has matured pretty much and if the voice actors will change that will suck very badly.

moogles

Jampsa said:
If Kh3 is going to be about sora, when will it come out? And another thing voice actors will change, example in the new anime series that you can catch at cartoon network, one of the characters voice is sora`s voice, he has matured pretty much and if the voice actors will change that will suck very badly.

That would suck. Imagine a 45 year old Haley Joel Osment still doing the voice of Sora ( assuming Sora is still a teenager ).

door_to_the_ligh

i think an indirect sequel to KH2 would be the best, just like the FF series. If u compare FF1 to FF2 and so on, it holds out pretty well, but when i beat FFX and started X-2, i just couldnt carry on after the first couple of minutes (althgough i might be thinkin of restarting:p)...i just couldnt take all the cheesiness the game had turned into.

Nomura says hes solving pretty much every mystery brought up in Kh and COM, so if KH2 sells well, so there really isnt much reason in continuing the series with sora as the main character (maybe riku who knows?). but then again, if the story is complete, another addition to the series might just destroy the greatness of the previous 2 installments (assuming, of course, that KH2 will be a video game colossus:p).

Seing that there are pros and cons about a continuation, i think its best left up to nomura to decide; hes done pretty well for now, hasnt he?

Last edited:

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
Bingo! That's the what I was thinking of! Continuing KH2 is like George Lucas continuing the Star wars Trilogy after Luke pretty much kills Darth Vader and the republic is destroyed.I mean do you really wanna see 7 more games of Kingdom hearts? The series doesn't have to be that long just so you won't be bored.You cna play the game 1,000 more times after it's not popular!

Box_ghost

Jampsa said:

Has the anime been comfirmed yet? I'm a little late.

I am the box ghost...BEWARE!

Heartless soul

The KH series is a very good series. And i love it to death, but havin alot of Kh games will kinda spoil it. Like havin to many kh games will just make it borin. Its like eating your favorite food alot, after a while, you get kinda sick of it, and thats what i think will happen to Kh if there are alot more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back