• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Series Coming to Nintendo Switch as Cloud Versions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

During today's Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct, the Kingdom Hearts series has been announced for the Nintendo Switch as cloud versions. Release date is to be announced later.

• KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5+2.5 ReMIX Cloud Version
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version
  • KINGDOM HEARTS III + ReMind Cloud Version

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited:

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Really should be one package now.

Both to get as many people up to speed as possible and because they've milked this cow bone dry and the prices are now so counter-productive to the aim they should have: having this convoluted series as accessible as possible so the next phase gets off to as good a start as possible.

2.8 costs £50 in the UK since it was taken off Game Pass. That's absurd for one lazily-ported 3DS game, a two-hour playable movie, and a two-hour unwatchable movie.

It only has one review on the store. That's tragic.

Still, this is great news. It's local and not cloud stream right?

Edit: oh seems like it is cloud. Which then even more odd because they could have released it ages ago with minimal effort.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They're all cloud editions, ALL of them. We have to cloud stream the PS2 games & the 3DS game on our Switches. Square, how do you fuck up that royally?

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
KH3 will probably be cloud stream, Sakurai mentioned cloud streaming during the Smash Direct and I really doubt the other games need to be streamed. Or at least, I hope not. That would really be a deal breaker for the package as a whole.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
KH3 will probably be cloud stream, Sakurai mentioned cloud streaming during the Smash Direct and I really doubt the other games need to be streamed. Or at least, I hope not. That would really be a deal breaker for the package as a whole.

Don't think it'll be a dealbreaker. It was clear they had no intention of putting in the resources to port them properly. And even stuff they have posted to consoles and PC have been so-so at best and cynically lazy at worst. Xbox still has PlayStation command labels!

It's either this or nothing and I'd much rather this than nothing. Oh and apparently from the 20th anniversary trailer it WILL be one package not three seperate ones and will I use everything including Remind but not Melody.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Sorry, I meant it's a deal breaker for me specifically, and I guess anyone else who only has access to trash-tier internet despite living in 2021. Damn you, network providers.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Sorry, I meant it's a deal breaker for me specifically, and I guess anyone else who only has access to trash-tier internet despite living in 2021. Damn you, network providers.

Don't get me wrong, I do wish they did port them. And I do think they should have ported them.

I was so excited to buy it for relatives living abroad with no consoles and no good internet.

That obviously won't happen now. But this is better than nothing, even if only slightly

Awards
I think this is incredible! It would have been ideal if they could have fully ported them, but I’m thankful that they’re even coming to Nintendo Switch at all.

Noivern

Awards
This is INCREDIBLY shitty and something I wish people would complain about more actively.

I completely understand and even support 3 being released like this, but the 1.5+2.5 coming out on the switch through cloud only when these ports were originally made for the PS3 is just ugly, lol.

They literally ported the HD remaster for X and X-2 for the Switch so really, what's the shitty excuse this time? How much longer can Square afford to be lazy with Kingdom Hearts? I'm getting really tired, honestly.

Cumguardian69

Awards
This is completely acceptable and par for the SE course. Unless you want KH3 Pocket Edition inatead of the full release

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Its getting a cloud version of a 3DS game, that's the even crazier part.

Well, it's getting cloud versions of the PC ports with high graphical settings far beyond what the Switch is capable of natively turned on.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I just went & ordered a used copy of 3DS DDD on Ebay out of spite. That's how I feel about this.

Katsagu

Awards
This left a sour taste in my mouth after the incredible sora for smash reveal. They really could not have been bothered to do a legit port at least 1.5 and 2.5 to the switch.

If they think the investment would not be worth it, they're completely crazy.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
You mean I can now play the Kingdom Hearts games comfortably in my bed? Or on a car ride or something? -sobs- What a dream come true!

And I'm definitely happy for the super Nintendo and Switch fans.

I honestly feel like this was a long time coming, since KH had had quite a few games for Nintendo hardware before. And this announcement happening with us learning about Sora being in Smash, is just perfect.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You mean I can now play the Kingdom Hearts games comfortably in my bed? Or on a car ride or something? -sobs- What a dream come true!

And I'm definitely happy for the super Nintendo and Switch fans.

I honestly feel like this was a long time coming, since KH had had quite a few games for Nintendo hardware before. And this announcement happening with us learning about Sora being in Smash, is just perfect.
I’m not too well versed on Cloud Gaming and its limitations but I don’t think you’d be able to play it in a car or anything. It should require a constant, strong and fast internet connection.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I’m not too well versed on Cloud Gaming and its limitations but I don’t think you’d be able to play it in a car or anything. It should require a constant, strong and fast internet connection.
Oh, really? I wasn't really paying attention to the Cloud part. I guess I was just thinking they would put the games on cartridges for Switch. But if it's through the Cloud--and I'm now seeing that it is--you wouldn't be able to play it in the car. You're right. Oh well.

I'm still happy about this:)

LostArtist

Awards
It’s only cloud for the base switch, but just like new 3ds exclusives, non cloud and physical cartridge versions will be sold exclusively for the switch pro, they’re announcing it during the 20th anniversary… is what Im manifesting

Back