• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Series 2nd Phase teases two unannounced projects

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Henryp

Awards
It was rumored and never confirmed, so... That's probably it. Unless they plan on announcing it later, the Disney Plus series rumor was just that -- a rumor.

If KH4 is going to be the conclusion to this saga, then KH4 at the absolute latest. The way it's been touched on now and again, that's probably going to continue until the last minute.

There's opportunities for it to be revealed in UX's last chapters and Dark Road, but that would have to involve Luxu being around somewhere. So Dark Road is also likely. But knowing how this series is, it's probably gonna take KH4 to actually say what's in it.

The Master of Masters didn't want it to be opened though, so... Whatever's inside would have to be something that's problematic to the Master in some way. Luxord said that apparently Xigbar said the box contains "hope" though, so...

And not gonna lie, I think most people want another Days game for the sake of it. There's nothing wrong with wanting one, but this is how the series gets "convoluted" with "too many games" if there's no actual need for them. Same with BBS Vol. 2, if there's no actual journey of value to be had there, then it's gonna do more harm than good. And people already have issues with Melody of Memories being a rhythm game with lore in it.

Cause I know how this is gonna go, they'll make a Days 2/BBS Vol. 2, it's not what people wanted, and then they're gonna say "Oh why wasn't this just a cutscene or two in the next game, we didn't need this. Fucking Nomura and his cash grabs."

I agree with most of this, but with how Ventus is still important somehow, the introduction of Darkness as a character and how beloved Aqua is to the fanbase, I wouldn't rule out a bbs type of game in the future set in the realm of darkness. I wouldn't be surprised if after all they trio finds that there are worlds and people that are born and belong to the realm of darkness. Also now there are 4 new colleges to Eraques they probably didn't knew of.

In regards of Days, the only pausible way I see something it coming is if the future "DDD" v2 has Roxas tag along. There is still "the other one", and they made the mechanics for playable Roxas in remind so... wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the case.

Eonstar890

Awards
For a second there when you said 'MoM looks like it takes place right after Re:Mind' I immediately thought you meant the Master of Masters and was confused, but now I see you meant Melody of Memory. This is going to lead to some funny confusion switching the meaning of MoM for the series lol.

I have been having that same issue as well haha. Hopefully MoM (the game)
will reveal the MoM name.

(Already getting into the rhythm B))

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I just want a "Sora plays the Reapers' Game" game. Ever since Re:Mind, it's like KH3's secret movie was for that and only that, and Sora will just be sitting around The Final World, waiting to be rescued... 😭

We even see Sora in the Melody of Memory trailer, but hopefully he's just an illusion.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I just want a "Sora plays the Reapers' Game" game. Ever since Re:Mind, it's like KH3's secret movie was for that and only that, and Sora will just be sitting around The Final World, waiting to be rescued... 😭

We even see Sora in the Melody of Memory trailer, but hopefully he's just an illusion.
Yeah. The game were Sora plays the Reaper Game is the one I want the most and I guess it will be a while before we get there. Re:MIND did build up Shibuya and Yozora at least

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yeah. The game were Sora plays the Reaper Game is the one I want the most and I guess it will be a while before we get there. Re:MIND did build up Shibuya and Yozora at least
Whenever we get news, I'm just "okay, but what's the next news??" :LOL:

All I want is for Sora to rescue himself in a TWEWY-style game thanks to everyone's favorite smarmy twink god.

I wonder what sort of gameplay a Sora's Reapers' Game would have. Would they integrate Pins?
Since Memory of Melody makes it clear we'll still get KH games that experiment with gameplay and genres, I can easily see it being similar to TWEWY but KH-ified.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Whenever we get news, I'm just "okay, but what's the next news??" :LOL:

All I want is for Sora to rescue himself in a TWEWY-style game thanks to everyone's favorite smarmy twink god.

Since Memory of Melody makes it clear we'll still get KH games that experiment with gameplay and genres, I can easily see it being similar to TWEWY but KH-ified.
Maybe different Pins will revoke different play styles for Sora and battles will be graded like in TWEWY?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Just incorporate Pins and Psychs with KH's game play. Possibly the Command deck. If you really want to to DDD Volume 2 have Noises be both the enemy group and allies

SuperNova

Awards
Maybe even if Sora is just sitting in the Final World, twiddling his thumbs, maybe even if they find him they can't bring him home because he has no power of waking anymore, maybe then a certain twink god provides a chance, in exchange for his help for something..

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree with most of this, but with how Ventus is still important somehow, the introduction of Darkness as a character and how beloved Aqua is to the fanbase, I wouldn't rule out a bbs type of game in the future set in the realm of darkness. I wouldn't be surprised if after all they trio finds that there are worlds and people that are born and belong to the realm of darkness. Also now there are 4 new colleges to Eraques they probably didn't knew of.

I love this idea. I’m picturing the Wayfinder trio traversing the Realm of Darkness as darkness stalks and haunts each of them, taking the form of their deepest regrets. Aqua would have Dark Aqua, Terra would be any of his possessed incarnations and, Ventus would have Vanitas (the half that got away).

If Melody of Memories addresses the Master of Masters then all we would need is for either Dark Road or a Verum Rex game to address the Foretellers and Maleficent before we finish off Phase 2 with KH4.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Considering that Union Cross scene where MoM said the darkness once took the same form as humans, I could see there being a civilization somewhere in the realm of darkness.
I think implementing Disney worlds would be the hardest part. Atlantis is one that could fit as it could have “sunk” into the RoD with the light of the crystal keeping the Heartless at bay. Other than that, I don’t know how they would explain many Disney worlds being there. It would be interesting to see what Nomura could come up with though.

NoWay

Awards
A really interesting idea. Also, the citizens of the RoD don’t need to be necessarily “bad”. What if they are living in harmony in the RoD? Maybe from their perspective the light is considered as dangerous? This would be the complete opposite to the RoL. This would offer so many new interesting plot points.

Katsagu

Awards

There are a bunch of TWEWY 2 rumors around... can you imagine how crazy it would be if Sora was there haha

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Anyone think we could possibly get a game explaining how Dilan and Aeleus lost their voices? For all we know those two could have had a grand offscreen adventure together that quietly saved the world between DDD and KH3 and the result is they sacrificed their voices to Ursula. It could be the biggest adventure the world never knew about.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
There are a bunch of TWEWY 2 rumors around... can you imagine how crazy it would be if Sora was there haha
The sequel A New Day was leading into being a KH game all along....

Anyone think we could possibly get a game explaining how Dilan and Aeleus lost their voices? For all we know those two could have had a grand offscreen adventure together that quietly saved the world between DDD and KH3 and the result is they sacrificed their voices to Ursula. It could be the biggest adventure the world never knew about.
Screw Sora. These two are the true heroes.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
& a certain other recent game with time travel happened because of Sora's screwing with the timeline. Nomura Cinematic Multiverse.

Back