• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Series 2nd Phase teases two unannounced projects

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I really hope that one of these empty slots is a Union Cross remake because that game's story is too good to stick to mobile.

In the 5 min soundtrack trailer shortly before the end there is a part labelled "Second memory" while showing off Axel/Lea and Sora both together with Roxas, so maybe that's one of the two incorporating the "twilight gang"-side of things while the last one is something with TAV.

That's my guesstimation, too. Spiritual successor games to 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep.

Awards
In the 5 min soundtrack trailer shortly before the end there is a part labeled "Second memory" while showing off Axel/Lea and Sora both together with Roxas, so maybe that's one of the two incorporating the "twilight gang"-side of things while the last one is something with TAV.
Pretty sure the Second Memory thing is a merch related thing.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
In the 5 min soundtrack trailer shortly before the end there is a part labeled "Second memory" while showing off Axel/Lea and Sora both together with Roxas, so maybe that's one of the two incorporating the "twilight gang"-side of things while the last one is something with TAV.
It's a lottery thing hosted by Ichiban Kuji. They've got a new line of merchandise including figures, plushies and other knick knacks that you can win. Nothing to do with games and inaccessible to anyone outside to Japan, hence why we didn't really mention it xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's a lottery thing hosted by Ichiban Kuji. They've got a new line of merchandise including figures, plushies and other knick knacks that you can win. Nothing to do with games and inaccessible to anyone outside to Japan, hence why we didn't really mention it xD

Ah, okay.

Thanks for the clarification.

That makes the two "boxes" still complete guess work yet I do think that the "Twilight gang" and the Wayfinder Trio having their own (part) adventures is a high possibility.
If they do, let's hope they handle their interactions, bonds and actual characterisation better than they did during the Xehanort saga.
And I still think in the mid to long term it would be better if they break up the strict "trio" mold and let the major characters all intermingle with each other with rotating focus on all of them to avoid both overcrowding and neglecting.

SuperNova

Awards
Maybe the other two projects are a UX remake for consoles and that rumored KH Disney plus series. I really doubt we are gonna find Sora and start DDD v2 by the end of 2020.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Oh, good. For a second there, I was worried we'd have to buy merchandise to understand the story.😱

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh, good. For a second there, I was worried we'd have to buy merchandise to understand the story.😱

don't even joke ;A;

Was about to say just that, lol.
Don't give Nomura ideas, he'll make merch and everything else canon and invent five more nonsensical twists that throw the established universe out of whack but it will be "surprising".

If some concert pieces already hold canon information having some extra character background with action figures or some new secret reports with Kingdom Hearts notebooks™ which can only be bought in Japan is not impossible.

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
So just to clarify, the rhythm game is Melody of Memories and not the one that looks like it's based on Kairi?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well if one of the projects is the TV series I'm guessing it will be a side story taking place after KH3 rather then an adaptation of the games. Either starring MDG, TAV, or the Twilight Town gang

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well if one of the projects is the TV series I'm guessing it will be a side story taking place after KH3 rather then an adaptation of the games. Either starring MDG, TAV, or the Twilight Town gang

In that case I'd bet on MDG as they're pure Disney characters and would be used by Disney to market the hell out of them as main characters.
Could even be a callback to the old Disney animated cartoons where you often had MDG doing stuff together.
TAV and the Twilight Town gang might maybe appear as some cameos or support characters, but I could also see them making it a pure Disney show with just MDG visiting Disney worlds and leaving the KH original elements largely out.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In that case I'd bet on MDG as they're pure Disney characters and would be used by Disney to market the hell out of them as main characters.
Could even be a callback to the old Disney animated cartoons where you often had MDG doing stuff together.
TAV and the Twilight Town gang might maybe appear as some cameos or support characters, but I could also see them making it a pure Disney show with just MDG visiting Disney worlds and leaving the KH original elements largely out.
Plus Maleficent and Pete could show up as antagonists. It would like Coded minus Data Sora and Riku, lol

GreyouTT

Awards
Ones on the bottom could be novels and the show.

...Or maybe Days/Coded HD?

AR829038

Awards
So, from what I can tell, the lineup is labeled as "2nd phase", which means these are not just the titles that will be released in 2020, but the entire lineup of Phase 2, and that could mean a couple of things.
One thing I'm certain of is that, if this is the whole lineup of Phase 2, then the last slot HAS to be Kingdom Hearts IV. There's no way around that. Otherwise, it's not a complete Phase. And my guess is that the game before that will probably be either the Verum Rex game or something chronicling TAV and maybe also RAX on their own quest for Sora.
But beyond that, I wonder—is Phase 2 going to encompass the entire Foretellers Saga? Because if it is, then DAMN, it's a lot shorter than the Xehanort Saga was! I guess that means Nomura learned from all the pushback against the neverending wait for 3 and is trying to compress this saga more.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Heh, I wonder what makes people so sure that there even will be a "KH IV" at all.

In order to be more free and better tell the stories of the KH universe and its by now rather big cast those big "numbered" titles following a stale formula are more a hindrance than a help, especially when considering that for several faults of KH II corrected by KH III its pacing is just as atrocious as the 2005 game if not even worse.
If anything KH III shows that the general formula by which I, II and III run is not sufficient anymore for the scale and scope this fictional universe has reached. That Re:Mind had to be added retroactively to finally give some of the other major characters some barebone focus and a true meaningful connection between main plot and Disney worlds still couldn't be maintained shows this imho the best.

Back