• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Series 2nd Phase teases two unannounced projects

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix released a new trailer today detailing upcoming releases for the KINGDOM HEARTS series over the course of 2020. This 2nd phase includes the following:

• Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind (January 23rd)
  • Kingdom Hearts Union X Dark Road (June 22nd)
  • Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory
  • ???
  • ???

There are additional empty spaces below these titles as well. 

What do you think the two unannounced projects are? Share your thoughts with us!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The other two trios? Who else is left? Kairi and Riku look to be in Melody of Memory, The Xehanort stuff is on Dark Road. Union X is still going on. The BBS and Twilight gang are the only ones not covered at the moment, unless they make like...in Ava game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In the 5 min soundtrack trailer shortly before the end there is a part labeled "Second memory" while showing off Axel/Lea and Sora both together with Roxas, so maybe that's one of the two incorporating the "twilight gang"-side of things while the last one is something with TAV.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
If it’s just for a 2020 release window, then probably a Fragmentary Passage type game and the rumored tv show perhaps.

If it extends beyond 2020 then maybe DDD2 and Verum Rex.

okhi12

Awards
Wow. I'm still trying to process all of this.
I just hope UX/ Dark Road is the only mobile title and the two unknown projects are for PS4/XBO or Switch.
I'm as hyped as I can be, but I'm also worried that the KH series will spread too much across different systems... again.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
One is probably KH4 itself. Saving Sora probably IS the KH4 plot at this point.

okhi12

Awards
One is probably KH4 itself. Saving Sora probably IS the KH4 plot at this point.
Unless Sora is who saves himself I don't think so, because KH4 as a numbered title should have Sora as the main character.
But that wouldn't be bad, as long as we don't have to wait forever.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
My guesses for the two spots are the Shibuya/Shinjuku game and the eventual KH4

EDIT: Oh wait this is just for 2020? Then maybe one spot is just for the tv series

Nukara

Awards
Will it be Verum Rex and KH4?
Or will they pay attention to the same TAV trio or Lea and Isa and their lost girlfriend?
Will KH4 come out much later than these two slots?
Edit:
Could you please explain in the trailer two empty slots were indicated and still can not understand this announcement of KH only in 2020? Or are these two slots made for two full-fledged future games in a series like Verum Rex and KH4?

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
My guesses for the two spots are the Shibuya/Shinjuku game and the eventual KH4

EDIT: Oh wait this is just for 2020? Then maybe one spot is just for the tv series
What happened to the tv series? Nothing on that at all. The fact that Square hasn't mentioned it with all this KH news going around makes me wonder.

mouflon

Awards
I’m most curious about those empty boxes and the fact that have arrows pointing up/down.

The flow of the first arrows seem contained in the first two sets of boxes. We start in the empty lower box, move into Re:Mind, go back down into a larger box with fuzzy text in it (unless there’s an example of a higher quality version somewhere?). We then get an arrow which moves into Dark Road.

The next arrow doesn’t connect with Dark Road. Seems to me like it’s beneath MoM. It flows down into an empty box, then back up into MoM. It doesn’t connect or “flow” into anything else.

The last two empty boxes on the upper layer all connect like the first set with Re:Mind/Dark Road did. Since we don’t have games/whatevers to fill these I’m gonna call the boxes KH-Phase2-1 and KH-Phase2-2 since I was confusing myself by using the word ‘box’ so many times.

From KH-Phase2-1, the arrow moves down into an empty box, but the arrow pointing up from it seems positioned almost directly in between KH-Phase2-1 and KH-Phase2-2. It’s ever so slightly more pointing at KH-Phase2-2. Just skims the edge of the box. After that, an arrow points down from KH-Phase2-2 into a small box, like the one at the start.

And yes I am a giant saddo having sat here an analyzed boxes in a Kingdom Hearts trailer.

It struck my interest since it reminds me of the “movement map” or whatever you’d call it for stuff like Pokémon Bank and Home. I don’t know what the arrows could be referring to, though. It’s not we can ‘move’ items, equipment or characters from ??? into Re:Mind which we can then, via another channel, move into Dark Road.

Is it indicating the movement of a character(s), maybe? As in, movement through time? Maybe some form of inter-game connectivity will begin going forward (please goodness no)? Maybe I’m overlooking something really obvious like a giant dumb dumb? Or maybe it indicates the trailer editor and Nomura can troll me super hard?

Ah, Boxes. My favourite Organization member.

Back