• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts {Redux}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
Night.

Leon said it’s been about 4 days since he found us, and from the very moment that I opened my eyes up until and including this moment that’s been the only thing that’s kept me feeling even somewhat connected to home. They said that this place is called Traverse Town. It’s supposed to be where those with strong hearts go when their worlds are destroyed.

Destiny Island.

That’s where we’re from. That little island that we called home not to long ago; the place that had overtime become a prison to us. I guess I should be happy about how all of this had happened. What did we think we were doing with that raft of ours? Looking back on it now, the idea seems so childish. How were we going to get to another world on a raft? I guess I should thank them.

The Heartless.

I know it sounds odd, but without them I don’t think it would have ever been possible to escape. They’re also the ones that destroyed our world, and if given the opportunity would do the same to anyone of us. Leon says that they operate on the most basic of instincts alone, those being to feed and attempt to become increasingly powerful by feeding off the hearts of others. I’ve overheard the conversations of Leon, Yuffie, Aerith and Cid in which they’ve spoken of one who could possibly control the heartless. Such a power that would be required to do so; at times during the day I’ve found myself desiring such a power.

Talking about it now, it almost sounds like a fairytale. Plunged into endless night, the people search for a hero to defeat the evil that has risen to end all things.

The “Hero.”

That’s where he comes in, chosen wielder of the ‘keyblade’; the one who shall unite the worlds and defeat the darkness once and for all. As the King told Leon, they Key shall travel from world to world defeating the heartless, and us mere spectators. His destiny to save all those who inhabit the worlds, ours to simply accompany him, or spend our lives trapped in this prison where night is endless.

Tomorrow we leave. In search of both the King as well as our destiny. I don’t know what tomorrow holds in store, but I do know that I’m not afraid.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
It seems like only a second ago.

The memories played like an old film reel inside of his mind. They flipped over and over and relayed the past several days to him. It still didn't seem real -- none of it did. It was as if somewhere inbetween someone flipped the light switch from "reality" to "fantasy". However, here he was, standing solid on his own feet. He had pinched himself so many times on the arm it hurt, and let the others do it to him too. Nothing had worked, so it was real. The thing was, how had it happened? It was all a blur -- just one thing chained right onto another... and then they were here.

Where is here again?

Traverse Town. That was the name that those people had given it. They said it was kind of like a refuge of sorts for those who had lost their way, or their worlds... or even both in some cases. He could only imagine what it felt like to lose one's world... something terrible in the heart probably. Then again, it seemed those were the case of it -- hearts. Namely, the heart of a world, from some of the old books he had found. Indeed, Ian had already studied up on everything he could. He had talked to some people, tried to get as much information out of them as possible. He even ran into a mysterious old man... that went by the name of Merlin. Everyone else hadn't seen him, they told Ian he was just imagining stuff from the shock of it all. He hadn't bothered mentioning it to Leon or those people -- he doubted they'd believe him as well.

Tomorrow's a brand new journey...

Indeed, they would start out tomorrow. To where Ian had no idea, but it was somewhere that wasn't... here. He scratched his head at the thought of it all and kept reading the book he had currently. It was definitely in some old language, but he couldn't tell what. Luckily he was starting to translate it with the help of another old book he had found that had both his language and this old language within its paper. Ian only hoped that he was ready for what was to come -- they were to help him, their friend, who was a "Warrior of the Key Blade", to vanquish the heartless and heal the worlds before any more were destroyed .

Joy

Bronze Member
"Oh god, we're really far from home, aren't we?"

Dave leaned his head back and let out a sad laugh. Such a laugh was him trying to tell himself it would all be okay, but he knew it wouldn't. He didn't know where he was, why he was here, or any of that. Hell, he didn't even know where his parents were. How could this happen? Another world. Another home.

"Home... there is no home. My home is gone. I now live in a house"

He shut his eyes tight, and he shook his head back and forth slowly, not knowing what to do. He didn't cr,y he didn't try, he didn't do antyhing. He was too scared to do anything. Why was he here? Why was he anywhere? Nothing made sense.

Tears feel from his eyes, as he put his head into his hands. He couldn't handle it. He couldn't handle the pressure.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
OOC: Time, I'm going to have Taryn know Dave in advance (seeing as they both lived on the islands together...) but if you have a problem, let me know and I'll edit. :/

Taryn: It was funny, the numb sort of feeling that Taryn pondered inside of her. It was as if there had never been anything there to begin with. She had always seen herself as this entity of emotion and her life full of excitement, but now, she felt nothing. Taryn sat there in the small wooden chair, looking down at the intriguing rod that she held onto on her lap. She knew that she should be scared, but...she was almost excited.

A sort of epiphany came over her...almost all of her life, Taryn had taken interest in mediocre sadness, but now, she had a chance to break free from all of that; start over. It took a while to admit it to herself, but this whole idea of an adventure--

Dave, a boy whom she was quite familiar with, broke the silence. He made mention of "home" and let out a laugh. It was one that she had come to recognize and it wasn't one inspired by mirth. It was a disguise. While Taryn had a tendancy to draw out her unhappiness, Dave had been one to hide it with such gustures. Again, he spoke of home. Taryn didn't really hear what he said, but a rush of emotions overwhelmed her at last.

Her temporary moment of delight was suddenly shattered. She was reminded of the chaos that had occured...of her family and her home. Dave was apparently having a similar experience, as he was crying when Taryn glanced over at him.

She pretended not to see and felt genuinely sorry. It was almost comforting, though. It was as if he had taken on the burden of the worry for her and she had no choice but to instead, assume the role of control and consolement. But how?

Taryn sat there silently, shifting awkwardly.

OOC: Oh, and I'm assuming that we're in the hotel room...

Last edited:

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
It was an odd weapon, the blade was silver in color had a small yellow hand guard with a black grip. Adrian sat at the staircase in the first district examining it. This "keyblade" as it is called. The question of why it chose him still lingered in his mind. He actually had a lot of questions that have not been answered.

It had been explained what had happened to him thus far and that he ended up in Traverse Town because of his strong heart, but what of his home world? What happened to those who did not make it? there was so much left to be explained. Well, Adrian did want an adventure, he got what he wished for.

Dark Star

this user title is to sma
Watching your every move like a stalker, getting r
Alexander was thinking about his childhood days at Destiny Islands. He was alone in a hotel room.
I hate this place. It's nothing like home he thought.
He was sad but his face had no emotion.

He heard about some people traveling to find the King. Since he had nothing else to do he was going to come along with them. He really didn't have any friends. And the friends he did have always betrayed him.

Alexander walked outside, it was dark with only the light from the light poles. He strolled along the town wondering "How did I get here, All I remember was that I was at home when suddenly a storm came, and that's it".

He went back inside and fell asleep. he had a dream that he was in Destiny Islands and he was playing with all his friends he had along the beach. When he woke up he started to cry.

Last edited:

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
The air in Traverse Town was different from that on Destiny Islands - now that Rowan thought about it, everything in Traverse Town was different. From what he'd gathered from a resident, Traverse Town was a safe haven, a refuge for the likes of him. It'd all happened so fast; the whole thing was a multi-coloured blur in the brown-haired youth's memory. People screaming, beady-yellow eyed creatures running about, whole fragments of the island cracking and lifting up into the spiraling black vortex that would eventually devour his home. Yet he didn't feel anything.

Am I a bad person, he thought. Am I sick for not caring that my home - my family . . . are gone? No, he'd asserted. Of course not. He'd always yearned for adventure. This was the very reason he hadn't shed a tear. As he leaned against the lobby wall in the hothel he'd meandered into, his hand drifted to the blade hanging from his belt. If he could remember correctly, it was some kind of strange kusarigama-type weapon. The man at the store had said that if he was going to seek out adventure, he was seeking out danger, and he'd need something to fight with. Fine by Rowan. He'd slapped what munny he'd found in his pocket after his transportation and left.

He'd been sought out by a man named Leon. Apparently, their mission was to seek out this 'King' character - under the leadership of the one who was chosen by this Keyblade to be it's master. They'd travel from world to world and investigate, destroy Heartless. Rowan had his doubts; what good could a couple of kids do against a neverending army of creatures that spawn from the evils in people's hearts? Regardless, he thought. I can't be afraid. I have to be strong. Rowan tucked his chain sickle back into his belt and pushed his way out into the town square.

pendragonneo

With angelina...if she reads this... I LOVE YOU AN
OOC:I figured you guys needd something to go up against...I won't be constant, since i'm in another RP, but I'll usually be around to annoy your Chars.....heres what I look like, if your wondering...
Snap_1930103121473e53cd30877.png

Xiphon looked up from his perch on the bell tower, and noticed a boy standing around in the lobby of the hotel. He seemed strange...familiar..It came back to him in a rush. The days on the the islands. The days before the dark. The days before he lost his heart. The days of bitter hatred toward the other youth. He remembered, and he despised. This one, this Rowan...he seemed different somehow...less caring..more able to be swayed. Xiphon gently descended to the hotel roof, ready to either enter through a window, or drop to the ground. He would be prepared.

OOC:can he be a nobody?That is what he was originally contrived as, but I figured that since this seems like KH1, I'd make him a heartless..let me know either way, so i can edit this OOC out...

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
OOC: ...o_O No, gtfo. I've been busy for the last couple of weeks; this'll get more active starting tomorrow. Seriously, I don't think I've made any plans.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
The sound of his shoes making contact with the cobblestone streets of the third district and the gentle whir of a nearby generator was all that could be heard as Von continued his walk around Traverse Town for what could be the last time. In the four short days that he had spent here, this place had quickly become familiar to him; he'd become accustomed to waking up to darkness and taking mid-afternoon walks beneath a blanket of stars. He found a sense of solace in the idea that no longer surrounded by the same water and sand that had once become his prison. Things had finaly changed, and quite frankly so had he. No longer was he pre-occupied with homesickness, nor had he ever been, and because of this he was different. He refused to allow that place have a hold on him any longer.

"And yet..." He said to himself trailing off silently as he let his thoughts silently fill in the rest. And yet he was chosen.

Of course it all came back to the key, and him. What did he have that Von didn't? They'd known each other since before they could walk, and since then Von had always been better at everything they did. Any contest they'd ever had he'd always come second, and yet now Von found himself faced with a loss; it was quite possibly the first, but undoubtedly would not be the last. Things had changed after all; when else had Von ever been jealous?

"Enough," he said in an attempt to stop all of this stupidity. "He was just lucky, nothing more," it was a lie he knew, but he'd force himself to believe in nonetheless. With a deep sigh he continued walking, the same dirty black and white chucks he had worn on the night the island continued to make sounds as they made contact with the road. Placing one hand in his pocket he continued to hold onto the sheathed blade he had found next to him when he woke up in this town four days earlier as the stained white t-shirt he had been wearing since he woke up also moved slightly. His outfit was quite disgusting, but the prices for any of the ones found in this particular town were outrageous. Moving a strand of his naturally grey hair from his eyes, Von shook his head and entered the first district hoping to find one of his friends.

OOC: Wow, I actually posted. Go figure.

Dark Star

this user title is to sma
Watching your every move like a stalker, getting r
OOC:I'm gonna be that friend

Alexander saw Von coming from the third district. He seen him before, but not much. When Alexander tried to talk to him, he just walked away. Alexander than went back to the hotel. Got his bags ready for the adventure and went asleep.

OOC:Is that better

Last edited:

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
OOC: Um, do you know what powerplaying is? That post was it.

You can't just take control of someone else's character like that, and I would have never made him say anything like that or depart off unto the dark night like you said he did. I'm going to let you fix that. If you don't then you're out.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
OOC: No, it's not actually. xD Give me a chance to react and our characters can talk a bit. The extent that you could do is say that your character approached mine, and try to describe what your character's doing in some more depth.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
pendragonneo, do not post here again. You're not taking part in this roleplay, you never were.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Arrow liked to think of herself as cool in any situation. So did everyone else.

So here she sat, leaning against the chimmney on the roof of the hotel, gazing up at the stars, silent and motionless. Her expression was inscrutable, her eyes far off. She was one of those people to whom most reactions were voluntary, experiencing things within herself. So right now, she looked deceptively peaceful.

However, an emotional upheaval was taking place. Her thoughts were burning with memories, questions rising in her mind like a school of snapping fish to the surface of a pool. Above all else, even Why? was What now?

I don't know.

That was not a conclusion Arrow wanted to sit with. But she wasn't sure what else to do. One minute, she had been watching a storm move in from her windowsill: the next, she was leaping out and racing to the docks, and so thus began that nightmarish order of events which led to her waking up in a strange town where she'd never see the sun again.

Only if we stay here, she thought. Out of the question. She wanted to go home....

No, that was a lie. What she wanted was to travel, the same thing she had wanted back on those bright and sunny beaches. But she didn't want to- couldn't -go blithely off and see the multiverse knowing that Destiny Islands was gone. All that brightness and pretty color snuffed out as easy as a candle by shadows with names.

Heartless.

So what she wanted was still the same, with only some extra added bits: travel, stop whatever dark things were happening {or at least, avenge her world's destruction}, get her home back, and then, then, once she knew that Destiny Islands was alive and well once more, only then could she enjoy the freedom she now had.

She clenched her fists, slowly flexing her gloved fingers open and shut. The material moved as fluidly as if they had been made as a second skin. Well, she had known as soon as she had woken up that her new weapons were no ordinary things. Like fate trying to make up for what happened to the Islands. She sighed and watched the starlight glint on the strange metal of her armour. Luckily, her blades and claws were retractable, making it so that she wouldn't run the risk of gutting herself with every movement.

Arrow understood what they were about, in the same intuitive way she knew when an opponent was going to swing left or right. They were her, a bit of who she was made tangible and deadly. She was a fighter: a weapon. But against what?

"Heartless."

Her voice was as soft as the night itself, yet as cold as those distant stars. Was that her destiny now?

If I choose it.

Standing up, Arrow carefully slid down the tiled slope until she was back on the balcony: then from there, the street below it. She debated briefly about whether or not she should go back to Taryn, or at least not go off alone. Her restlessness won out: she stuck her hands in the pockets of her black cargos and walked, maybe to go find Von, maybe even to look for a fight. She wasn't sure.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
OOC: Given the fact that you haven't really fixed your post Dark Star I'm afraid I'm going to have to ignore your post. I'm going to give you another chance, if you don't improve significantly before your next post I fear that you'll be expelled from this roleplay. That being said, I'll post now because I'm afraid of GoH and her many threats involving battery acid. Y.Y

IC:

Blade in hand Von continued down the first district of Traverse Town, all the while aware of his surroundings. This district was more crowded than the third, and rightly so. It was home to two of the most successful shops in the entire town, owned by a group of people that had quickly become good friends and allies to Von and the other refugees. It was Cid, the owner of the accessory shop, that had originally found him when they had all ended up here. Von still refused to refer to him as his name; believing his lie would not be as simple as he had originally thought.

Not only was this district the most densely populated part of the town, but it was also quite possibly the safest. It was constantly being patrolled by one of the members of Leon's group; said that they'd have to keep the gummi port from being taken or else they'd end up losing the town entirely.

The gummi port? That was where they were heading tomorrow; their pilot would arrive and that would be it. The slight calm that they had before the storm to come would have passed, and they'd be forced into the affairs of other worlds all the while following the key to fulfill some sort of destiny. It sounded like a load of crap to Von, but he'd made it part of his agenda to forget thoughts such as these and instead focus on the fact that this would mean his freedom.

"Von! HEEEEEY!"

Called out a familiar voice as he began climbing the stairs next to the mailbox. He stopped and turned to see the 'great' ninja Yuffie flailing her arms in some attempt to get his attention. Taking a moment to look around as if for some uncertain danger, the ninja ran to Von. The young man chose only to tilt his head slightly to the side as opposed to making a complete fool out of himself as she had a mere moment before.

"Oh phew," she said stopping short and waving her right hand in front of her face attempting to dissipate a foul smell. Her face contorting now into one of pure disgust, she soon realized that her attempts were futile. "Oh man, this was supposed to be a surprise but Leon's got some new clothes for you. They're in your hotel room. Do us all a favour and bathe." She smiled for a moment considering what to say and turned away, "Damn though, what are we going to do if we can't scare away the heartless with your stench?"

Shaking his head, a smile found it's way upon Von's clean-shaven face. "At least we still have your face, Yuffie." His voice in this situation was as it always was. Confident and sure; those two words defined Von's personality up to this point. Jealousy was another that had begun to govern his actions, then again who could blame him?

That aside, Von turned and continued on his way to the second district. Where the hell was Arrow anyways?

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
That being said, I'll post now because I'm afraid of GoH and her many threats involving battery acid. Y.Y

{ it's a loving relationship we have. }

Was this what I wanted all along? Arrow thought as a group of Soldiers twisted into existence in a circle around her, twitching limbs and clanking armour. She was already in a fighter's stance, hands slipping out of her pockets. Her blades snicked open, claws lancing over her clenched fists. She squared her shoulders and turned to the side, waiting.

One, two, three-

On time, a Soldier to her far right twitched and leapt forward, claws a whirl of red. Arrow easily blocked its swipes with the metal guard of her adjoining arm and leaned back on her left foot, kicking out with her right leg. The Soldier was thrown up into the air, whereupon she ripped it to shreds of shadow with one slash of her blade. She was already lunging forward as it disappeared, crouching low and slashing up, alternating with both arms as she attacked the Heartless around her.

One came up behind her as she was occupied up front. She felt stinging scatches lace up her back before she whipped around, hair a wild fall of red half-hiding her livid face. She punched the Soldier through its helmet. It, too, disappeared.

When it was all over, Arrow had acquired several more minor wounds. She worked on regulating her breathing, pulse quick and steady as a fluttering bird, whether from exertion or her body's instinctive fear of losing her heart, she didn't know.

Something hot and thick trickled into her eye. She blinked, retracting her blades as she reached up to wipe away the blood that clung to her lashes. There was a small gash just below her hairline. When had she gotten that?

Her hand then went to her pocket next, but there was no potion in it: she had left her slight store back at the hotel. Shouldn't have gone out alone, she chided herself.

Arrow began to make her way back through the street, to the alley the hotel balconies looked over- she hadn't gotten far. Thank the stars there was no one was out right now. She looked a right mess, bloody from all those little cuts, disheveled and sweaty. Her hair had gone awry again. She pushed it away from her face, trying to tuck it behind her ears. It did not good, as usual, and as usual, she didn't try to bother with it again. A mess indeed.

I shouldn't have gotten like that at all. Sloppy work. Arrow's expression was closed: angry at herself. I need to get better if I'm ever going to fight up against more than just a group of stupid Soldiers. How can I help the others in a fight if eight of them can do this to me?

She sighed, absently fingering a piece of torn cloth from the hem of her shirt. At least the battle had cured her restlessness.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
[ Love involves give and take. Not anything that can melt the skin off your bones in seconds ]

While all the ruckus was occurring in the several districts of Traverse Town, the gummi port was as quiet as a graveyard. The man stationed at the port was not looking at all happy with his position. He fingered switch and flicked knobs in utter boredom. Apparently watching over the port was a tedious job that required no thought whatsoever. Restlessly, he walked back and forth, waiting for something eventful to happen. Anything! But, as the saying goes, be careful for what you wish for...

A loud beep woke the man up. A ship was heading straight for the port. Finally. A distraction from the boredom. He turned on the screen, and without even looking at the pilot, began to give the normal landing instructions. But something was wrong. No entry codes were given. No signals. Not even a thank you! Dead silence. Then, a small yet confident voice answered him.

"Yaaaa..About that. You see, I have not figured out how to land this darn thing. Happy trails!"

The communication was cut off at that second. The man did not understand. Was this pilot joking? It must be. What kind of idiot buys a gummi ship but can't land it? The low grumble of engines entered the tiny dock. He looked outside to see what the hell was going on. A small dot seemed to be getting closer. And closer. At very high speeds. The pilot wasn't kidding! Scared out of his wits, he hid behind the sturdiness object in the dock. It was no use. The sheer velocity of the crash knocked the wind out of him. He closed his eyes, huddled in a small ball, crying his eyes out, wishing this was not real.

"Hey gummi boy! If you are done shitting yourself, I need my ship ready for tomorrow."

The man looked up. A woman stood before him. Sea blue eyes, hair of chocolate, and three stripes of ruby, jade and gold was all that he could see. She held in her hand some munny, the ball like currency of the world. She dropped a few pieces to the floor. Payment. She turned around and walked off to the door. He didn't even get a chance to ask what in the world just happened. There was only one more exchange of words between these two beings.

"Yessir. Another perfect landing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back