• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts {redux}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
Night.

Leon said it’s been about 4 days since he found us, and from the very moment that I opened my eyes up until and including this moment that’s been the only thing that’s kept me feeling even somewhat connected to home. They said that this place is called Traverse Town. It’s supposed to be where those with strong hearts go when their worlds are destroyed.

Destiny Island.

That’s where we’re from. That little island that we called home not to long ago; the place that had overtime become a prison to us. I guess I should be happy about how all of this had happened. What did we think we were doing with that raft of ours? Looking back on it now, the idea seems so childish. How were we going to get to another world on a raft? I guess I should thank them.

The Heartless.

I know it sounds odd, but without them I don’t think it would have ever been possible to escape. They’re also the ones that destroyed our world, and if given the opportunity would do the same to anyone of us. Leon says that they operate on the most basic of instincts alone, those being to feed and attempt to become increasingly powerful by feeding off the hearts of others. I’ve overheard the conversations of Leon, Yuffie, Aerith and Cid in which they’ve spoken of one who could possibly control the heartless. Such a power that would be required to do so; at times during the day I’ve found myself desiring such a power.

Talking about it now, it almost sounds like a fairytale. Plunged into endless night, the people search for a hero to defeat the evil that has risen to end all things.

The “Hero.”

That’s where he comes in, chosen wielder of the ‘keyblade’; the one who shall unite the worlds and defeat the darkness once and for all. As the King told Leon, they Key shall travel from world to world defeating the heartless, and us mere spectators. His destiny to save all those who inhabit the worlds, ours to simply accompany him, or spend our lives trapped in this prison where night is endless.

Tomorrow we leave. In search of both the King as well as our destiny. I don’t know what tomorrow holds in store, but I do know that I’m not afraid.

-------------------------------------------

For those of you who didn't get it, this is a Kingdom Hearts roleplay. We need a keyblader, despite what my character said in that little intro, there can be a heroine rather than a hero. If you do take up the role as the keyblader I'll need to know that you're not going to ditch this roleplay though. If you have any personal commitments coming up then don't join. It's that simple.

You all have my word that I'm going to see this through to the end, I'd expect no less from any of you.

Basically what we need for this to start is a keyblader, 3 people who came with the keyblader and my character from Destiny Island, and a character that will drive the gummi ship. Get creative with weapons, however I'd rather there not be any guns. That is to say, no guns.

I'm pretty sure the majority of you know the rules of roleplaying. They're up in the section, so check them out. My word is final.

The way that I'd like you to set up your profiles is as follows:

Name:
Appearance: Picture or description is good. I'd prefer a picture to be honest.

Weapon: Remember that your character has to carry this. They don't magically
appear (with the exception of the keyblade).

Ability: Don't go overboard with this.

Personality: Smart, serious, and nice to those around him? GTFO.

Strengths: What's your character good at?

Weaknesses: What makes your character a nub?

Brief Biography: Key word in this is brief.

Other: Theme song, favourite food, has a larger than life shmeckle? That goes here. With the exception of the last one; nobody wants to know that.

I'll get the actual topic up soon. =3 JOIN PLX!

Dark Star

this user title is to sma
Watching your every move like a stalker, getting r
Name:Alexander Skywalker
appearance:He wears a normal red shirt with a blue hoodie jacket, and normal jeans.
weapon:Ragnarock
ability:he is now learning the basic magics..
Personality:He is smart and he is outgoing and is confident.
strengths:He is able to beat any opponent he challenges (most of the time)
weakness:unknown (for now)
Brief Biography: He was born in Destiny Islands and his mom died when he was 5 so he lives with his father. He doesn't have many friends, and does well in school. He is a good swordsman and can control magic at ease.
theme song:none

Last edited:

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Name: Ian Lormine

Appearance: Clicky

Weapon:... An old, dusty Book.

Ability: He can create illusions or life-like basic beings to do his biddings. (He can maintain no more than the following: 1 illusion & 1 avatar (created being), 2 illusions, 2 avatars) His power is limited however, seeing as how he's quite new to this...

Personality: Ian is the kind of "loner-bookworm" that still happens to be part of the group. He doesn't speak much, mainly because his voice is on the softer side of things, so people rarely hear him. However, when he gets into creativity, and his imagination, and the books, he seems to become a whole new person. He gains courage and can speak loudly, no worries at all. That's just it though -- you have to get him into the creative mood... He is a true friend though, but sometimes he does question things (think of him kind of like Riku except not)

Strengths: Strategy, planning, tactics, improvising.

Weaknesses: Fighting (He himself is not great at it), talking to girls (except the few that are his best friends), courage, physical strength.

Brief Biography: Ian was just what you'd call the stereotypical "nerd", "bookworm", or whatever you want to refer to it as. His parents and him moved around alot growing up, most of it he can't honestly remember. He does however, remember his books -- they were his best friends amongst everything else. When he came to Destiny Islands, he'd decided to actually test the waters though, to see if it was possible to make a friend... and he did. A few of them in fact. Now, he awaits the oncoming of adventure, particularly with what's happening currently.

Theme Song: Chemicals Between Us -- Bush

Battle Song: Empty Walls -- Serj Tankian

Defining Marks: He has a birthmark on the back of his left shoulder that he has never shown anyone.

Overall Character Notes: I designed him to be the Zexion that never was... Ienzo, so to speak, but on a lighter side, because this is how I think he probably was before he was corrupted, back in the beginning.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
=) It's quality when it comes to who joins, not quantity. I must say that even though there aren't as many people signing up as before, I'm happy with those that have so far.

1) Dark Star, you can't be from Twilight Town, and you can't have that much magic. I'll need you to tell me exactly what spells you have, and they can only be ones that Sora could have used. Even then, it'd be the most basic of forms of all of those spells. Your character would have to be from Destiny Islands.

2) LOCK! Glad to see you joined, not surprised about your character choice. I'm gonna have to request that any powers he has now would have been discovered after they went to Traverse Town, so he's still not going to have complete control over the illusions. Hopefully that's ok.

3) ZOMG HAI GOH!!!!

My template will be up soon, we don't necessarily need the gummi ship pilot right away. That is to say, we could attempt to drag it out in Traverse Town, but I'd rather not that happen. We definitely need the keyblader, and it'd be nice to have like one other person from the island other than the keyblader.

For the role of the driver, you're not confined to the gummi ship for the roleplay, and you will be able to fight. I just wanted to have it so we could logically move from world to world rather than have someone magically know how to operate such a complex machine after only four days.

Also, we won't be confined only to Disney worlds. There will be both Final Fantasy as well as other anime places. I've had one particular world planned since the very first time I posted this roleplay. It will serve as the first arc for this roleplay. =3

K U GAIZ R 2 B JOININ NOW!

Joy

Bronze Member
Name: David

Weapon:

Island Weapon: Two toy swords, crafted so that their blades swerve in stead of heading straight up wards. David holds these swords so that they are behind his back, and uses both to make quick consecutive hits.

Actual Weapon: Twin weapons held exactly as his Island Weapons, these weapons have been created for extremely quick and swift cuts, and are not used much for power. Instead, they can easily leave a deep cut in most living material, and a small scratch on harder substances. Holstered on hips in two sheathes.

Personality: Crafty but impulsive, David will act on the first idea that beckons him. These ideas are not stupid, however, and are usually excellent ideas, but very underdeveloped. Instead of taking his time and thinking out his ideas fully, he would much rather get the job done as soon ass possible, so he may do what he wants later on.

Overall, most of his actions are composed of top of the head decisions, and he may come off as extremely stupid at times. He is not a good communicator when it comes to decisions, unless his decision includes speaking with someone.

His personality is one of great pleasure, as he tries to enjoy both the finer and not so fine things of life. As long as something entertains David, he’ll run with it, enjoying it every second of the way. Not so determined, he may back out of a situation if he feels that he cannot accomplish a goal, such as when his ideas fail very quickly.

Appearance: in class by ~shel-yang on deviantART

Biography: David, for most of his life, was a paranoid little fellow. No, he didn’t think that everyone was out to get him, not everyone. He only thought that whatever he did wrong, he’d get caught. Because of this mind-set, he did not do anything that people deemed immoral, or illegal. Some days, he’d just sit home all day, others work out, etc. If he did something for to long, people would believe that he was becoming addicted, obsessed, and that was immoral. Therefore, David would change his activities fairly quickly, trying to please everyone, that way he could never be blamed for being immoral, or committing some form of illegal action.

That mindset took a long while to break down. It finally did, though, when a family moved into David’s hometown. They composed of a mother, father, brother, sister, and a couple of pets. They moved in right next door to David.

Ironically, they became David’s worst nightmare, as they were the ones that saved him from his self-displeasing habit. They would constantly interact with David, and he would not turn them down, as most would see that as an act of aggression. Turning down a new friend was so mean to some people. So, David stuck with them.

It took a full 2 years for David’s mind to fully do away with his paranoia. Ironically, the fact that he felt it was wrong to turn away friends was the sole reason he became the person he is today.

(That’s about all the important things of this character. So, unless you want the boring stuff, I’ll leave the template as is, and it’s not that great.)

Theme Song: Kick Some Ass – Stroke 9

Edit: Abilities: lol fire

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
One last thing Dark Star, please make it so that you've only just learned how to use magic. That's pretty much it.

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
^^ I would assume when there is a keyblader. Which I'll be since no one else is.

Name: Adrian Carter
Appearance: click

Weapon: The Keyblade, and it's various keychains.

Ability: Locking and unlocking doors?

Personality: Adrian is generally a cheery and humorous person, quite amiable. Though, he is also rather outspoken and does have a bit of a temper at times. Regardless, he is one of those people that you would rather have as a friend than an enemy. He has an insatiable appetite for knowledge, almost to a fault. He will also often become intent on learning something, usually disregarding other things, though he has become better at multitasking as he aged.

Strengths: Very skilled in physical combat, agile, improvisational, unwaivering focus to learning things

Weaknesses: His temper, unwaivering focus to learning things, mouth often gets him into situations he has to get out of with his fists.

Brief Biography: Adrian, like any other, is a child of Destiny Islands. Becoming more and more adventurous as he grew, an early sign of this was the growing volume of adventure novels on his bookshelf. This lead him to trying many things such as gymnastics, martial arts and other sports. It also led him into trouble on various occasions, for example when he tired sailing out to find other lands, a plan that was doomed from jump street. Although his imminent failure...or technically, his success, wasn't of his doing or lack thereof, but instead by the vanishing of his home and arrival to a new land. He now waits for the adventure to come

Last edited:

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm going to start this tomorrow or Saturday. I'm going to be busy over the next few days, so be patient. =3

EDIT: =O

Scratch that. I've decided that I'm going to start the roleplay early using the introduction post rather than having it go to waste. Ulteh is going to be our driver I think, so we're pretty much good to go. Feel free to post at any time, my profile will be up soon.

Last edited:

Joy

Bronze Member
Dark_star, little tip. use qotation marks for your dialogue. Even better, sepearte the lines for each quote.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
So I just read the first couple of posts in the roleplay. OMGWTFBBQ?

Key is not in this roleplay, thus you won't be allowed to post again. Dark Star, I guess I wasn't clear about the fact that we're starting in Traverse Town. Neither of those posts are valid and thus we're gonna ignore them. =)

If you have any questions on how to post send me a pm.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Better late than never

Name: Kaze

Weapon: Kaze only handles blade-weapons. Her top three are as follows. Number three is called Typhoon. This is Kaze's biggest sword she has. Its at least as twice as tall as her and almost as wide. It takes both of her hands to carry the huge bronze handle. She usually uses Typhoon for big battles. Why she calls it Typhoon? "You'll see it coming, but no way in hell you can stop it!"

Number two is actually two daggers. The twin sai Torch and Icicle. Torch's blade is made of gold while Icicle's blade is made of silver. Torch and Icicle's handles resemble a sun and a crescent moon, respectively. Kaze usually uses these two sai in all of her close combat battles. Its quite obvious why she called them Torch and Icicle, but she must give a deeper explanation. "Torch burns your flesh to the bone. Icicle breaks the bone. They work together!"

Finally, her number one weapon is what Kaze can always be seen carrying around on her belt. She calls it Kami. And truly, the name fits. It is a thin sword, but its special. Unlike other swords, the blade's shape is that of a diamond. This gives the sword a cutting blade in four directions so Kaze can swing anywhere. It is made of a light but strong steel that can cut through most objects. Its handle was carved by Kaze herself. It is not like other handles. It curves around the wielder's hand when being held, so it is near impossible for anyone to lose their grip. "Why Kami? Simple. Together, when Kami and I fight as one, we are like a kamikaze. Strong, quick, and deadly!"

Personality: Kaze has a reputation to be a strong, wise, and powerful fighter. This is true, but only in battle. Otherwise, she is a complete loon. She is nuttier than a forest of nut trees. It is hard to believe this creature could fight or even function in society. She talks to her weapons, ship, and even animals as if they would understand. This is a reason why no one asks to be her partner. Another reason is her driving, which she drives like herself. Loony. Another reason is she takes such deadly risks and chances. Kaze has little care for her own life, let alone others. But she will always have her strength to back her up to those who doubt her.

Appearance: Kaze has waist length brown hair with one blue streak, one red streak, and one yellow streak in her hair. She has sea blue eyes that make you feel like she only looks at your soul instead of your body. She has three earrings in her left ear and two in her right. Each one is a different color; white, light grey, grey, dark grey, black. She wears dark blue pants with a brown belt that she leaves unbuckled. It only serves the purpose of holding her weapons. On top, she wears a grey shirt with the infinity sign imprinted on it with a brown jacket that has torn-up sleeves.

Biography: Kaze was born on Terrinzo, the wind world. She was born to a middle-classed couple who loved their daughter to death. Of course, some mistakes did occur. Poor Kaze was not dropped on her head once, but five times. Its amazing she was even alive, let alone live normally. Though, she would always remain an outcast for her insanity. But she did not care. Kaze was more interested in fighting than friends.

For most of her young life, Kaze skipped school to visit a training center. The man who ran it had to literally beat her with a stick to make her go away, but she always came back with a stick to fight back. One of the teachers, Kuro, took an interest in the girl. Secretly, he trained the girl. On Terrinzo, girls were not allowed to fight, so this was very illegal. Yet, Kuro believed Kaze could become stronger than any male on the planet. For five years, she was trained under the influence of Kuro in the dead of night. It was because of him that Kaze got her love of blades since he only allowed her to use blades. To Kuro, guns were cheap and weak. Blades brought out the true spirit of the warrior. So, Kaze started to believe his ideals as well as his fighting skills.

But all good things must come to an end. Somehow, Kaze's parents found out about Kuro's secret training with Kaze. Immediately, the police force came to the center to arrest both Kuro and Kaze. Kuro, being the courageous and brave man that he was, forced Kaze into a rundown ship.Igniting the auto drive, he gave her an escape route. As for him, he gave himself up to the police. For weeks in space, Kaze pondered why he sacrificed himself instead of running with her. She was only 17.

Luckily for Kaze, her ship landed on a nearby planet. But knowing the Terrinzo police, they would search the system for her. She decided then that she had to keep running, at least till she was out of reach of their hands. She took the name Kaze ( she had another name at her birth, but resists to tell anyone ) as it is what her trainer was nicknamed in his younger days. Using the only skills she knew, Kaze lent herself as a blade-for-hire. She would use the money she got from this to buy her own ship, which she lovingly called Kuro. For 2 years, she lived the lifestyle of a warrior till one day, she heard of a heavy buyer from Traverse Town...

Last edited:

Dark Star

this user title is to sma
Watching your every move like a stalker, getting r
So I just read the first couple of posts in the roleplay. OMGWTFBBQ?

Key is not in this roleplay, thus you won't be allowed to post again. Dark Star, I guess I wasn't clear about the fact that we're starting in Traverse Town. Neither of those posts are valid and thus we're gonna ignore them. =)

If you have any questions on how to post send me a pm.

My bad, do you want me to edit my post and start off in Traverse town, or I'll just let somebody else start off. I'm so sorry.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
{ You know I'll be joining. }

*tackles* STOP STEALING MY THOUGHTS, PL0X. <3

Name: Taryn
Weapon:
Island Weapon: A much-loved, three-foot-long wooden rod, similar to that of Tidus'. However, Taryn's taken to scratching markings into it, over the years.
Actual Weapon: Similar to the "toy" that she thrust around on the innocent islands, Taryn weilds a rod as her weapon. It's some inches longer than the one she carried in the Destiny Islands and made from a far sturdier wood. The rod's somewhat of a red shade and has intricate engravings carved in it, up and down. Taryn acquired her weapon from Leon in Traverse Town and it's primarily for magic usage.
Abilities: Currently, Taryn has an arsenel of standard magics such as fire, blizzard, thunder, and cure. She has full intent of learning more and advancing the spells that she already has.
Personality: In retrospect, it would be easy for one to see Taryn as somewhat of a pathetic being. Alas, Taryn's actions are driven almost solely on emotions. Naturally, she opts to be moody and is often times self-pitying and envious. For whatever reason, Taryn seems to be dominantly overrun by a yearning for excessive attention. Despite all this, Taryn has the distinct ability to see the point in almost every situation quite clearly, she just tends to ignore it whenever it potentially goes against personal or social gain. However, her dreaded moodiness comes hand-in-hand with her undying compassion and sense of nurturing.
Strengths: Taryn is particularily good at thinking clearly and acting decisively during battle. This is an advantage for her, as she has to concentrate on what spells to use and whatnot.
Weaknesses: Taryn has never been a very strong or coordinated fighter, thus the reason for adopting magic.
Appearance: I Want to Hold Your Hand by ~Tobuoi on deviantART
Biography: Taryn grew up on the islands, living a relatively normal (though, often melodramatic in her eyes) life. She managed to make strong friendships with individuals whom she felt dearly for and for whatever reason, they liked her too. It wasn't until recently when their lives really got swept up into genuine excitement.
Theme song: YouTube - Across The Universe "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" (Yeah, yeah, I know...oh, and minus the lezzy bean aspect, lulz)

OOC: Alright, if there's any tweaking that you'd like me to do, just let me know. :/
OOC and completely off topic: Did you know that you can get customizable "extra-high-top" converse? How badass is that?

Last edited:

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
Still alive, I swear. I've just been really busy this week. Mind telling me where exactly you guys are?

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
Name: Rowan Creager.

Appearance: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/peterdolan/P9190280.jpg?t=1194748816

Weapon: A sharpened steel combat knife for close quarter combat, linked by a chain to a single crescent-shaped blade. He keeps this tucked into his belt.

Ability: High levels of endurance and speed – what he lacks in physical strength he makes up for in tactical prowess and an ability to accurately analyze his enemies patterns. Has a pension for healing magic and summoning and weapon’s combat that he’s yet to discover.

Personality: Rowan is a bit of an introverted character, prone to get extremely defensive and obnoxious when he thinks someone’s having a go at him, and at other times very deep in times of serious, with wisdom beyond his years. He’s a down-to-earth person who has great creativity, and a passion for writing and acting. Ro holds loyalty and truth in very high regard, expects nothing but from his friends, and gives nothing less. However, in battle, the kind and trustworthy Rowan vanishes, and a primal and cold person surfaces to take his place.

Strengths: Fighting, acting, writing, drawing, analyzing art films.

Weaknesses: His voice (which has yet to deepen,) his height (he’s only about 5’1”,) meeting new people, Shakespeare, his family life.

Brief Biography: Rowan has always been the runt, the shrimp, the quiet one – the one who blends in with the back ground or stands out as an outcast and eccentric. His fascination with the occult and fantastical had pushed him away from making friends with his more mature class mates at the ruthlessly narrow-minded Catholic highschool he use to attend, and he was often very lonely. When his parents were murdered in a car accident, a traumatized Rowan was shipped off to live with a foster family on Destiny Island. There he met many friends and forged a strong bond with many of the kids there, which gave him a newfound sense of self-confidence and bravery. However, as things seem to darken and strange dreams plague him at night, something appears to be changing inside Rowan.

Theme: Breathe Into Me, by Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back