• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Recipes!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerravsVentus

How is it gross? Salt is in ice cream already. They just add more. Like KingdomheartsII says, it brings out the sweetness. So it's like sweeter and saltier vanilla ice cream, which is a vast improvement in my opinion since vanilla ice cream is so boring.

I didn't know that it's ice cream with more salt than usual.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
LOL Sea-Salt Ice Cream sounds gross. As anyone ever tasted the one they sell in Japan at the Disney World located there?

It has to be pretty tasty considering Nomura loved it when he first tried it years ago and that prompted him to put it in KH2 with a few other factors.

As for what I've heard, if you look at really sweet candy and chocolate, you'll notice that they contain a hint of salt in them. The reason being that salt makes the sugar stand out in your taste buds which makes it taste sweeter. I'm not sure how much sea salt they put in this ice cream, but I assume that the same would apply.

Awards
The salt isn't even mixed in the recipe. It's incorporated after everything is melded. It's just there for the crunch and salty surprise. It shouldn't affect the overall taste of the ice cream as there is already regular salt in it to begin with.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The salt isn't even mixed in the recipe. It's incorporated after everything is melded. It's just there for the crunch and salty surprise. It shouldn't affect the overall taste of the ice cream as there is already regular salt in it to begin with.

Some recipies have it in early on. It really depends on which one you read and how you want it.

zoeycat

Is it this?
tumblr_lun9rpyPs91qg26fgo1_500.jpg
This isn't the official Kingdom Hearts stuff though. :( But still pretty cool.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I made home made sea-salt ice cream once. I didn't have blue dye so I substituted it with black dye and dumped it in an old Cool Whip container. It looked disgusting lol. It tasted great though. I over salted it but it tasted great. XD

I plan to make it again one of these days but use a different recipe since I don't remember what happened to the one I used. Curiously enough it didn't say to use vanilla and most every one says it takes vanilla. i don't know if I should try putting it in next time.

Edit: Also, since this is about real life KH inspired foods, instead of making a new topic for it i'm just going to put this here if you don't mind:

Just in case you have any KH related sorrows you want to drown away.

And this to help you with it.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Is it this?
tumblr_lun9rpyPs91qg26fgo1_500.jpg
This isn't the official Kingdom Hearts stuff though. :( But still pretty cool.

That is not official KH ice cream, though I think it would be cool if they somehow alluded to it on the package. That ice cream was around before KH's release and I do plan on tasting it one day <_<

Sora3D

Website
www.whatahag.tumblr.com
Hi, I'm sure you've been here long enough not to double post, but to edit it instead.

Anyways, that Spark Lemon sure looks yummy! I would love to make it one day.
I actually have a Kingdom Hearts recipe of my own.
Ingredients:
  • Two Coconuts
  • Three Fish
  • One Seagull Egg
  • A Jug of Water
  • Three Mushrooms
  1. Crack open the coconuts, but don't remove the liquid.
  2. Thinly chop the mushrooms and put into just ONE coconut.
  3. Crack Seagull egg into the coconut and whisk.
  4. Whisk all the liquids(including jug of water) together until mushy.
  5. Fillet fish and cook.
  6. Serve on plate with Fish on top of mushy coconut liquid.
  7. Vomit.

I'll have to try that soon.

Personally, I want to try to sea salt ice cream so bad! I was going to try to make it this past summer, but never got to it. Thanks for the site :)

Yeah xD At Tokyo DisneySea and some other places. You can probably find it a lot of countries if you look hard enough.

Sweet! I'll have to go searching for it some time soon! Too lazy to do the long process of actually making it :p Sea salt is so yummy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back