• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded- What Console Should it Be on?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

In What Form should Re:Coded be presented on?

• PSP (Bundled with BbS)

Votes: 78 70.9%
  • DS

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • iPhone/iTouch App

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Downloadable Episodes (PSN,XBL,etc.)

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
No it's not over-rated. I have one and it's actually better than I thought it would be. Now the IPAD is a different story... it's literally an ipod with a bigger screen.
However even though I don't mind the idea, it would be a stupid move because not many people would be comfortable playing a KH game using a phone (hence why putting Coded on a phone in the first place was a stupid idea)

QFT. I know Japan's cell market's more advanced, but you'd think they'd put it on a system fans can get it easily for. PSP Mini is the best imho, you can play it on your PSP and PS3.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
PSP I guess, Nomura stated that if Coded is coming it will most likely be ported to PSP.

one of the creators said it would most likely move to PSP, but we don't know.

that too butone of the developers has said that it will most likely be on PSP if they ever port it

Can someone find the quote for this? I don't remember that...

As much as we all want it on a platform we own, for the sake of convience, Nomura has shown he doesn't give a crap about that, so putting it as an iPhone app is most likely.

It just sounds strange to me, having square release a game on an Apple machine. I don't know why, since google tells me there are already Square apps on the iPhone... It didn't seem so weird when it was Docomo, cause they are affiliated with Disney. Is Apple affiliated with Disney too?

the graphics look very close PSP rendition, putting it the DS would downgrade the graphics to Days level, and it would be a great marketing idea to do so with a bundle with BBS in the first place.

What? Days, Coded and KH2 all have the same style and quality cutscenes. But Coded works differently to KH2 in-game. Coded is you are a 2D sprite you move in a 3D background, which is very pretty but not at all 'above' the level of the DS. It's not 'downgrading' at all.

They can do this on a DS:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Can someone find the quote for this? I don't remember that...

Q: Any chance these new games will spread to consoles that Kingdom Hearts hasn't been on yet like Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, or iPhone?

A: We have no plans at the moment, but have been discussion opportunities with various parties, so once we've completed the two new projects we'll begin thinking about the next steps.

25 characters. 25 characters.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Why isn't the 3DS on that list, especially with all the rumors going around about it

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why isn't the 3DS on that list, especially with all the rumors going around about it

Cause it's kind of unrealistic to expect Nomura to crank a remake out under a year after the original with no hype, on complicated, exciting new software like that.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
I want the new game bundle with BBS or Downloadable episodes. The second one is the best i think cause we can continue play the game while waiting the next game...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really hope the PSP on disk form, preferably bundled with BBS

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Or perhaps the VA heard the original one was on the mobile and was confused... who knows! lol

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I am so for the PSP bundled with BBS.
Even if it did not come with BBS I still would want it on a PSP.

Radon

mofo
Although I would prefer a PSP updated edition, I can see it making it's way to the iPhone as an almost exact port, with episodes being replaced by updates. I personally wouldn't mind seeing as I'm writing this right now on my iPod touch. But that really wouldn't warrent for an Re: in front of it. I'm wanting a something better.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Although I would prefer a PSP updated edition, I can see it making it's way to the iPhone as an almost exact port, with episodes being replaced by updates. I personally wouldn't mind seeing as I'm writing this right now on my iPod touch. But that really wouldn't warrent for an Re: in front of it. I'm wanting a something better.

I think the way the game is designed is to BE a mobile game, though, in terms of game play. But then again, CoM was designed as a hand-held. Did it translate well to the PS2? I haven't had a chance to play it, so I wouldn't know.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Cause it's kind of unrealistic to expect Nomura to crank a remake out under a year after the original with no hype, on complicated, exciting new software like that.

Just because its new, we don't know if the software is complicated or not. I don't know if its a good idea to release it on the psp. Why release it on the system that is dying off everywhere except Japan if the 3DS has huge potential to carry over success of its predecessor while being much more powerful than it. Plus we don't know how long third parties have had dev kits for the 3DS, some sites say its at least been a year and their is no guarantee that Recoded is coming out this year

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just because its new, we don't know if the software is complicated or not.

Well, I doubt he'd be working on a game for software only announced the month he himself announces he already has a game in the works, especially seeing as this software won't even launch until after he hopes to see this game released.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Well, I doubt he'd be working on a game for software only announced the month he himself announces he already has a game in the works, especially seeing as this software won't even launch until after he hopes to see this game released.

What do you mean? It makes perfect sense to announce a game the for a system the month the system itself is revealed too. Also we don't know for sure if coded is coming out this year but even if it is there are a ton of rumors saying the 3DS will launch this year, at least in Japan, which goes with what Nintendo said about the release window for the 3DS already

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
If there is a mobile app it doesn't have to be for all apple products you know. They can always put it ont he droid

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What do you mean? It makes perfect sense to announce a game the for a system the month the system itself is revealed too. Also we don't know for sure if coded is coming out this year but even if it is there are a ton of rumors saying the 3DS will launch this year, at least in Japan, which goes with what Nintendo said about the release window for the 3DS already

He didn't announce it for that system, though. He announced that he was working on getting it released this year. I still think the way Coded works as a game would be better on a mobile phone like the iPhone, but if you're right then I guess you're right.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
He didn't announce it for that system, though. He announced that he was working on getting it released this year. I still think the way Coded works as a game would be better on a mobile phone like the iPhone, but if you're right then I guess you're right.

I thought you meant that if he announced it at E3, it being around the same time that the 3DS is going to be unveiled. Maybe it would work better on a phone but i don't think they want to release it to phones overseas. He already said there are no KH games currently being planned for Iphone(unless he was just lying) so iphone along with the consoles are out of the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back