• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded Cinematics Available Now

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
[video=youtube;gXuSeWopdo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXuSeWopdo8[/video]

Enjoy guys, credit to Rajman Gaming HD. Pretty good stuff, the new cutscene with YX and Braig is pretty interesting still, I'd say Young Xehanort sounds as ambiguous as ever but there's nothing new to really theorize from cause we know it all now. Still, good to watch.

Last edited:

Yessir_23

Awards
Ooh that's cool. Sora's voice will take some getting used to though, as someone who hasn't played DDD.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Sora's voice isn't really any different than it was in KH2, Re:Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep, or DDD. Just a little lower.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
However something about Roxas's voice doesn't sound quite right to me, but I haven't played KH2 in a whiiiiile and he only gets a few lines in DDD so I really can't remember.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
However something about Roxas's voice doesn't sound quite right to me, but I haven't played KH2 in a whiiiiile and he only gets a few lines in DDD so I really can't remember.

It's because he isn't playing "Roxas". He is playing "shadowy-guy-who-talks-like-an-asshole-who-may-or-may-not-be-bad" which calls for a low, mysterious voice.

And he sounds absolutely amazing. Shows how good Jesse is at nuanced performances.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
It's because he isn't playing "Roxas". He is playing "shadowy-guy-who-talks-like-an-asshole-who-may-or-may-not-be-bad" which calls for a low, mysterious voice.

And he sounds absolutely amazing. Shows how good Jesse is at nuanced performances.

I'd always imagined those scenes to just have Roxas's normal voice is all.

sonickenshin

Awards
Roxas was pretty decent. Most of the other characters were pretty decent too, besides Hercules' one weird read and Cloud's occasional flat read in his second cutscene.

However....the rest of the main characters don't really fair very well. : / Sora pretty much does what he does in 3D, just yells or force his voice to try to sound young. He's doing his darnest to keep the voice up, but it becomes all about the voice and not the emotion, and he really falls flat as the movie goes on. Riku has a ton of flat reads, though usually when he's making fun of Sora or something he starts to emote more. Mickey was consistently flat. Donald and Goofy were good, but they didn't really sell a scene that was supposed to be uplifting...and what gets me is that they TOTALLY could pull it off.

The voice directing team didn't do a very good job with this one. : / I know I'm being 'that guy,' but it was really bad.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
jiminy sounds like he's going through goddamn puberty

jiminy you're an old cricket, it's too late for puberty

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I thought Data Roxas sounded fine. His voice was perfect for his dialogue/purpose.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Why does Maleficent calls the "datascape" "date escape"? Is this a new thing or just another gem of English translators?

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Why does Maleficent calls the "datascape" "date escape"? Is this a new thing or just another gem of English translators?

She called it deeta world in Japanese hiragana showing that she does not know what it is, just her pronouncing a word she learned by hearing.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
She called it deeta world in Japanese hiragana showing that she does not know what it is, just her pronouncing a word she learned by hearing.
So she's not that good with computers and stuff? That makes sense, thank you.:wink:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Aha, I see you guys trying to tempt me. But I'll wait until Tuesday to watch these. :wink:

Yeah she just mispronounced it since she doesn't know what it is. She pronounced it that way in the DS version too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back