• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you get/do you want KH RE:CoM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

Re: Official Re:CoM in North America Thread

Quiet. They control the internet. They could cut it off at any ti................
ie404error.png

I thought those were the Zionist Jews and their croonies or is that Hollywood?

I want me some extras for Re:CoM like switching between Japanese and English

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

Just buy the Japanese one if you want to switch languages. Plus, you get FM+. Bonus.

But maybe this one could be Japanese with eng Subs. Sorta like Ultimate Ninja Storm.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

But maybe this one could be Japanese with eng Subs. Sorta like Ultimate Ninja Storm.

Oh please god yes. This actually wouldn't be a bad idea. In FM+ you can watch the cutscenes in Japanese and English so I don't see why that would be a problem.

Awards

Ah, but now we complain their version is better, aren't we? Same situation, we cast the first stone.

Except our bitching doesn't get as much as theirs. : (

It's like two kids throwing stones- at a pastry shop. To not seem so culturally insensitive and to make the kids stop, the baker gives the Japanese kid an entire cake, while the American kid gets a cup cake.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Isn't the whole point of getting Re:CoM the English VAs?
The casting over here has never really failed us before.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Except our bitching doesn't get as much as theirs. : (

It's like two kids throwing stones- at a pastry shop. To not seem so culturally insensitive and to make the kids stop, the baker gives the Japanese kid an entire cake, while the American kid gets a cup cake.

You're forgetting the baker is Japanese too.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, I sure do hope so. It would be awesome, but I would like to have the choice of switching between Japanese and English VA.

I do agree with Raz, they really have never failed us.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Yeah, I sure do hope so. It would be awesome, but I would like to have the choice of switching between Japanese and English VA.

I do agree with Raz, they really have never failed us.

That's because I can at least hope Disney's part of the casting crew, and they kick ass as far as voices are concerned.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

I never really get why people import games (with a big plot) when they can't understand the language.

Okay, like Mother 3 (here's the wiki for a run down Mother 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

The attraction of the Mother games are their good use of language and their deep plot.

(MOTHER 2 to EarthBound and Back Again... - differences between, but it gives a good overview of the language stuff in Mother 2)

When people import MOther 3, they lose all of the language that makes Mother, Mother. No more enemy puns or people playing on words, and NO idea what is going on (which is kind of important since it has a deep plot)

So, why do people import?

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Because some people can't wait the time for the game to be localized. Either that, or it's because the game is most probably going to be released in that one country that it's made.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

But that was the question. If you can't understand it, the game would effectively be wasted on you. Why import then?

Just for the fun of it, even though a story is important, some people will enjoy the gameplay. Besides, most people who import it probably know Japanese to a certain extent. Otherwise, all you would have if you import it is the gameplay.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

but games are more than just gameplay.It is the story, the character development, the nods to previous works and pop culture. Gameplay is an asset, but it is not the driving focus for a game.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

I never really get why people import games (with a big plot) when they can't understand the language.

Okay, like Mother 3 (here's the wiki for a run down Mother 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

The attraction of the Mother games are their good use of language and their deep plot.

(MOTHER 2 to EarthBound and Back Again... - differences between, but it gives a good overview of the language stuff in Mother 2)

When people import MOther 3, they lose all of the language that makes Mother, Mother. No more enemy puns or people playing on words, and NO idea what is going on (which is kind of important since it has a deep plot)

Because some people don't play games for theatric's but, for the gameplay. The foreign version is usually much better and most games that people import are because they are likely to never be released.
There are other ways to understand the plot when you can't understand the language. This is the internet, anything can be found here. Most fan's that have imported the game and understand the language are kind enough to make scripts and subtitled cutscenes that can be viewed at several different locations.
Take for instance RE:CoM, NA is finally getting it but, they're missing out on FM+. You can watch your game in English now but, it's a sad trade for a whole other game.
Basically put, If your a fan of a game but, you know it's likely to never be released but, you want to play it. You import it. Simple as that, there is no ulterior motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back