• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you get/do you want KH RE:CoM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

khsora18

Re: The official Re:CoM in America thread.

The combat was just repetitive and the Card System worked better in the 2D form. The entire time I just wanted Re:COM to stop using it's "originals" combat system and use the on in KH2. Sure it was mash X but it was a lot more fun.

Yeah and a lot less frustrating. The cards were too much work for me lol.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

The combat was just repetitive and the Card System worked better in the 2D form. The entire time I just wanted Re:COM to stop using it's "originals" combat system and use the on in KH2. Sure it was mash X but it was a lot more fun.
I understand the mash the mash the X button part :thumbsup: When I went from KH 1 to CoM I was thinking, "....What the crap??" But I also did like mashing X sometimes better than the card system. I've played RE:CoM, I just wanted to do it more because it was very cool to see the remake. I've also played Fm+, it's pretty fun too. If you want Final Mix+, get Magcswap or something, then get an import. That's how it usually works with these games.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator

I never played the original. Scale of 1 to 10?
Considering obtaining it on an emulator, putting it on your PSP or for the PSX is like... Easy as heck... Buying it for the DS is almost pointless since it offers literally nothing new and just teases fans dieing for an actual new entry into the series.

It was a great RPG though.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I played RE:CoM, good game, I'd suggest getting it

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Or the Chrono Trigger port to the DS with "lolz omg! a new dungeon!"? Ha-ha.

there's nothing funny about that. it's a good thing. the snes/playstation one versions are rare and they won't be making any more in stock. it's a good opportunity for those who haven't played it yet.

ehh... i don't like the idea of bringing kingdom hearts ii: final mix. that would mean they would have to bring kingdom hearts one final mix too. i thought square enix made a wise decision for re:chain of memories.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator

there's nothing funny about that. it's a good thing. the snes/playstation one versions are rare and they won't be making any more in stock. it's a good opportunity for those who haven't played it yet.

ehh... i don't like the idea of bringing kingdom hearts ii: final mix. that would mean they would have to bring kingdom hearts one final mix too. i thought square enix made a wise decision for re:chain of memories.
Because Chrono Trigger is impossible to find and get...? And at this point they want to re-release it? All three next gen systems have a "Virtual Console" of some sorts... Releasing it on that would be more then enough for those that want to "legally" own it. Releasing more or less an exact port of a game that's like older then some of you for 40 dollars just seems to scream "Let's milk this cow baby!"

And why would they have to release the original Final Mix? Just because they didn't release the first doesn't mean they could make an exception and release the second.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

Considering obtaining it on an emulator, putting it on your PSP or for the PSX is like... Easy as heck... Buying it for the DS is almost pointless since it offers literally nothing new and just teases fans dieing for an actual new entry into the series.

It was a great RPG though.

I think the DS version will be worth "Gameflying in"

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator

I'd consider buying it for like 20 just to say "I have it." but 40 for something I have both it and it's amazing sequel fully functional on my PSP... Meh. Just give me the third Chrono game already.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

I've seen RE: CoM on youtube, and even though it is nice that it's coming over here to America. I don't think that I'll buy it, because there isn't that much of a story to it, and even though the gameplay might be fun, I rather save those 30 dollars for something else.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator

You could spend that 30 dollars on Persona 3 FES and be totally amazed by the most amazing game ever.

=D

K

khsora18

I've seen RE: CoM on youtube, and even though it is nice that it's coming over here to America. I don't think that I'll buy it, because there isn't that much of a story to it, and even though the gameplay might be fun, I rather save those 30 dollars for something else.

I agree with this. Except for the fact that there is a story to it but one that gets repetitive as the game goes on and I think the gameplay is frustrating and dumb. But I'm still going to buy it.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

And why would they have to release the original Final Mix? Just because they didn't release the first doesn't mean they could make an exception and release the second

i don't know. i was thinking people would wonder and complain why the first final mix wasn't here. i still think kingdom hearts ii: final mix or kingdom hearts one final mix isn't really worth to be released here. it has a lot of unnecessary extra content and were mostly hints leading towards the new games.

Valamphias

I agree with this. Except for the fact that there is a story to it but one that gets repetitive as the game goes on and I think the gameplay is frustrating and dumb. But I'm still going to buy it.
The story actually got more interesting toward the end, particularly with Marluxia's plot to take over the Org. That's just me, though. *shrugs*

i don't know. i was thinking people would wonder and complain why the first final mix wasn't here. i still think kingdom hearts ii: final mix or kingdom hearts one final mix isn't really worth to be released here. it has a lot of unnecessary extra content and were mostly hints leading towards the new games.
Bringing the first Final Mix over at this point would be stupid. And idiotic.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

You could spend that 30 dollars on Persona 3 FES and be totally amazed by the most amazing game ever.

=D

lol, I guess but I've never actually played those games.

Yeah but I never said that there was no story, just that there isn't much to it. Which is almost the same thing you're saying.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator

Final Mix by itself would be pointless but KH2:FM (included Re:COM) would be quite a steal for thirty dollars.

No one would really complain or wonder about the first one because it really didn't offer much. The purpose of it's release was that the US version got a LOT of stuff the Japanese didn't get... So they felt bad and released it with a few new extras (the only real one worth mentioning is the battle with Xenmas). The Final Mix of KH2 has a lot of new scenes, new enemies and equipment, a new arena mode that lets you fight all of the Organization members and a battle (which is quite epic) with the Knight and also Re:COM.

That's a lot of content.

The story actually got more interesting toward the end, particularly with Marluxia's plot to take over the Org. That's just me, though. *shrugs*
I completely agree. The problem was the story was riddled with re-tellings of KH1's story, some stuff that didn't make sense (until the end / playing KH2) and some possibly great characters that got like two lines of talk and then killed with no real development.

lol, I guess but I've never actually played those games.
That's about as important as missing a Final Fantasy game. They aren't related story wise. Persona 3 is an amazingly epic game.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

hmm... yeah. i guess i'll wait and see. i doubt kingdom hearts ii: final mix would be released... it would be nice but i doubt...

K

khsora18

hmm... yeah. i guess i'll wait and see. i doubt kingdom hearts ii: final mix would be released... it would be nice but i doubt...

Nah they won't especially not now, after KH: CoM is announced... unless it's a surprise along with Re:CoM like the opposite of what happened in Japan.

K

khsora18

I'm actually looking forward much more to Reverse Rebirth D: the coat, explained, at long last!

EDIT: booya, 4k, 7 rep power. who wants rep :D

uhh yeah ill take some rep too please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back