• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you get/do you want KH RE:CoM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Re: Official Re:CoM in North America Thread

it's an old pc game. It's a platform game. You have bricks, and you need to jump on them to get out of a level. it's a classic, zero plot. it has ONLY gameplay.

I said PLOT based games. Games like that and fighting games like Brawl don't count.

Because some people don't play games for theatric's but, for the gameplay. The foreign version is usually much better and most games that people import are because they are likely to never be released.
There are other ways to understand the plot when you can't understand the language. This is the internet, anything can be found here. Most fan's that have imported the game and understand the language are kind enough to make scripts and subtitled cutscenes that can be viewed at several different locations.
Take for instance RE:CoM, NA is finally getting it but, they're missing out on FM+. You can watch your game in English now but, it's a sad trade for a whole other game.
Basically put, If your a fan of a game but, you know it's likely to never be released but, you want to play it. You import it. Simple as that, there is no ulterior motive.

But what about games that came out before the internet was full fledged (points to Mother 3 again) While I do admit there are ways to understand a game with no language skills, you lose a significant part of game when you have no idea why characters are doing what they are doing.

I wasn't saying there was an ulterior motive. All I was saying was I didn't get why they would do it if they can't understand it and have to go through the extra hassle of swap magic or something similar.

With Re:CoM the entire game was in Japanese. There was NO WAY to understand it unless you had your copy of CoM next to you and read it from there. For FM+ There was a good portion of it in English, but with the extra cut scenes (the ones that help explain parts of the story... the parts that fuel the theories) those are in Japanese. Which we can't understand, again losing the value. And I do think FM+ Will be released, just later. Re:CoM came out after a (LONG) wait, who's to say that S-E might surprise us again with FM+ before BBS or KH3. And with that, we can truly understand (in real time, when you look up translations you also lose the flow of the game) what is going on.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

But what about games that came out before the internet was full fledged (points to Mother 3 again) While I do admit there are ways to understand a game with no language skills, you lose a significant part of game when you have no idea why characters are doing what they are doing.

I wasn't saying there was an ulterior motive. All I was saying was I didn't get why they would do it if they can't understand it and have to go through the extra hassle of swap magic or something similar.

With Re:CoM the entire game was in Japanese. There was NO WAY to understand it unless you had your copy of CoM next to you and read it from there. For FM+ There was a good portion of it in English, but with the extra cut scenes (the ones that help explain parts of the story... the parts that fuel the theories) those are in Japanese. Which we can't understand, again losing the value. And I do think FM+ Will be released, just later. Re:CoM came out after a (LONG) wait, who's to say that S-E might surprise us again with FM+ before BBS or KH3. And with that, we can truly understand (in real time, when you look up translations you also lose the flow of the game) what is going on.

You do realize that people make scripts for older games as well, right? Just because the internet wasn't around when the game was in circulation doesn't mean someone hasn't put it up now that it is. *cocks eyebrow disbelievingly*
I can't understand Japanese and RE:CoM was probably the second best KH game I've played so far. FM was the first and that's in Japanese too. We aren't missing out on anything, if you want to understand the game then you have to work for it. It's a trade off, and if you want it bad enough then you'll find a way to make it work. Most people that Import games are big fans of the series that they're importing.

Because we don't want to miss out on what could be the most amazing game in a series that we enjoy and are willing to go to extra lengths to get what we want. There isn't anything to understand. We liked it, it wasn't coming, we wanted to play it, so we bought it.

I found a script on Gamefaqs for RE:CoM and like I said before if you want it bad enough you'll make it work. I can't possibly imagine what you're thinking. You don't get FM+ with the version that is being made for NA. Yor missing out on a whole other list of special features anmd cutscenes(that can be watched in subtitles on youtube BTW) and there's a possibility that you could miss out on a few special features in RE:CoM as well because the save data for FM+ and RE:CoM are linked.
I'm to say, SE won't give us the FM series because of some retribution crap. We're getting RE:CoM because it's a link for KHI and KHII. While we can hope for it, it's highly unlikely that will happen. Don't bring up that RE:CoM was never supposed to be released in NA because that would be untrue. FM was never supposed to be released, nothing was ever said about RE:CoM. Besides RE:CoM is a remake of a game that we've already received. They aren't giving us anything that we don't already have. :/
That's just you. I can play the game fine and know perfectly well what's going on.

madammina

You do realize that people make scripts for older games as well, right? Just because the internet wasn't around when the game was in circulation doesn't mean someone hasn't put it up now that it is. *cocks eyebrow disbelievingly*
I can't understand Japanese and RE:CoM was probably the second best KH game I've played so far. FM was the first and that's in Japanese too. We aren't missing out on anything, if you want to understand the game then you have to work for it. It's a trade off, and if you want it bad enough then you'll find a way to make it work. Most people that Import games are big fans of the series that they're importing.

Because we don't want to miss out on what could be the most amazing game in a series that we enjoy and are willing to go to extra lengths to get what we want. There isn't anything to understand. We liked it, it wasn't coming, we wanted to play it, so we bought it.

I found a script on Gamefaqs for RE:CoM and like I said before if you want it bad enough you'll make it work. I can't possibly imagine what you're thinking. You don't get FM+ with the version that is being made for NA. Yor missing out on a whole other list of special features anmd cutscenes(that can be watched in subtitles on youtube BTW) and there's a possibility that you could miss out on a few special features in RE:CoM as well because the save data for FM+ and RE:CoM are linked.
I'm to say, SE won't give us the FM series because of some retribution crap. We're getting RE:CoM because it's a link for KHI and KHII. While we can hope for it, it's highly unlikely that will happen. Don't bring up that RE:CoM was never supposed to be released in NA because that would be untrue. FM was never supposed to be released, nothing was ever said about RE:CoM. Besides RE:CoM is a remake of a game that we've already received. They aren't giving us anything that we don't already have. :/
That's just you. I can play the game fine and know perfectly well what's going on.

All I'm saying is that even if you DO make it work, it will lose something. Let's go with the Game Faqs script. You can't read that in real time like you could with a sub/dub.

Let's go with Fire Emblem. :)blush: I just found out Mother 3 came out in 2006, I thought it was earlier because Earthbound came out in 1995) Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Marth's game. No English translation, came out in 1994, No English release dates. While there may be a script now (Don't know if or when it came out) You could not read as the scenes are directly unfolding in front of you. If you imported it without a script, it's just tacital hack and slash. (kind of, I know that is not correct but I don't know what to call it) And you would lose the character development, plot advancement, and all of the "What the heck just happened" moments or at least not feel them as much because you had NO idea what they were saying.

Re:Com doesn't count. We have played CoM before. We know the story. We know Riku's a replica. We know Namine faked Sora's memories. We Know Marluxia should probably be renamed "The Cloaked Schemer" instead of Zexion. The only new bits were some tiny tweaks and a few battles.

KH2: FM+ doesn't count as much. We, again, know the story and most of it came out in English. I do admit there were some major additions and, again, we would lose the impact because reading the scene after watching it does not carry the real emotional weight of seeing it on screen.

Yes, the games are subbed on Youtube. But again, it's a point and click deal. One of a gamer's rewards is seeing that scene come up after you beat a boss. So, we beat The Lingering Sentiment. Without understanding what is going on we just watch his Japanese subs flash on screen. The we go online and see that he thought we were Xehanort and he was looking for one who he choose. you get an "ah...I wonder who that is" moment. Not a "What? Who is he talking about?" moment.

I guess my main point is even if and when you do make it work, there's a disconnect and sometimes, for games with no translation at all, It may not be worth risking the ramifications and the emotional disconnect.

A

Azrael

Go PM each other about that, this is a Re:CoM thread

Get back on topic.

Anyways so no extras?

madammina

Kra, We are.

It's an offshoot developing from whether or not imports are worth the emotional disconnect.

We don't know about extras.

(looks at tags) Who in the world is willing to have sex for CoM?

Cissy

Bronze Member

I know PMF is willing to enslave us for Re:COM.

I wouldn't be surprised. Not one bit.

A

Azrael

:lol:I'm willing to enslave Madammina and Xziled for Re:CoM.

Anyways I'm a virgin so sex plus Re:CoM would be double score for me

madammina

Is that anyway you'd treat your fellow writers?

Anyway, you'd have to fight PMF over me. He's already trying to make me his concubine.

A

Azrael

Is that anyway you'd treat your fellow writers?

Anyway, you'd have to fight PMF over me. He's already trying to make me his concubine.

Ewww. Was PMF under the influence of a toxin?

Just ewwww.

But I guess I can enslave PMF's butt and send him to the Gulags! :lol:

Ren

adios motherfucker

If PMF tries to enslave us I'll pop a cap in his head.
And laugh over his dead body while playing RE:CoM. :>

Madammina, you won't have to be a concubine anymore. :>

A

Azrael

If PMF tries to enslave us I'll pop a cap in his head.
And laugh over his dead body while playing RE:CoM. :>

Madammina, you won't have to be a concubine anymore. :>

Because she's mah slave now! :lol: j/k

madammina

Ewww. Was PMF under the influence of a toxin?

Just ewwww.

But I guess I can enslave PMF's butt and send him to the Gulags! :lol:

(sigh) maybe I should just put the whole exchange in my sig

You know....No.

You see, I'm like Black Mage. With the blink of an eye, if you're in my way or for no provoked reason at all, I'm likely to get stabbity on thee.

mina is White Mage. And you my friend are Fighter. Nuff said.

(friend is Neo)

I am seriously contemplating putting that in my sig. SOmeone gets what I try for!

Which means those robes will be on my bedroom floor soon.

and Kra. don't tell a girl that again.

A

Azrael

(sigh) maybe I should just put the whole exchange in my sig

(friend is Neo)

and Kra. don't tell a girl that again.

*Shrugs*

Don't really care though.

*returns back to Lair*

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Could anybody tell me what sort of benefits one got from playing Re:CoM first, and then FM, or vice-versa?

Cissy

Bronze Member

Umm...consistency?

Oh, and depending on which one you beat first, I think you unlock certain things.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, but like, what certain things?
Just trying to get an idea of what they might do with our version.

Cissy

Bronze Member

Umm..

Well, I know if you have cleared KH2 data, you unlock certain cards in COM.

I'm not sure about the vice-versa.

Also, I believe you can unlock the Theater (that houses the cutscene archive) in a similar way.

I suggest Gamefaqs. They should have all of your answers.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

So, do you think we'll just automatically get those things if we beat the game, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back