• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories Playthrough Journal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus_

Awards
Twilight Town is short, but Destiny Islands is slightly bigger with one more event than Twilight Town. Don't get too used to it, though. Once you get to the thirteenth floor, it is nothing but a GAUNTLET of rooms that you have to go through. I HIGHLY recommend saving some of the Bounty cards for the thirteenth floor (Calm Bounty for treasure and having rooms that don't deal with enemies, False Bounty and Guarded Trove for the same, but with enemies that give you a crap-ton of experience). Try to save up some save room cards as well as a couple of Moogle rooms as well. Lastly, have at least one Joker card on hand for the thirteenth floor. Believe me when I say it will be a godsend for that level...

I'll keep this in mind.
Currently I am in Conquerer's Respite in Destiny Islands. I might go back to my previous rooms in it first to take on enemies I left ignored as I rushed through it so I could save on time for my show.
I happen to have plenty of bounty, moment's reprieve and moogle room cards, the problem with the moogle room is that I am somewhat low on Moogle Points so much so that I was unable to afford a moogle pack in Twilight Town. The thing that annoys me is that when I uncover MPs in a room with enemies then get struck and thus sent into battle before I was able to collect, the MPs vanish, never again able to be collected(or else you'd have to change the room to make NEW MP locations). This has happened to me a few too many times for my liking.
I did manage to collect a fair amount in Destiny Islands however.
What, I must ask though, is a joker card?

Current Stats (roughly pulled from memory as I don't have the game on right now, up until now I did when doing stat updates):
Character: Sora
Level: 57
HP: 445ish I think
CP: 750

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Random Joker cards are those that meet any criterion. Be it 0 or 9 or even 99, Random Joker will satisfy it.

If you want easy MP, go to Agrabah, synthesise some Meeting Ground rooms, and summon Aladdin. Every hit of his attack will cause the opposing Heartless to drop MP balls. Alternatively, you can also trade in those cards that you don't need.

Ventus_

Awards
Random Joker cards are those that meet any criterion. Be it 0 or 9 or even 99, Random Joker will satisfy it.

If you want easy MP, go to Agrabah, synthesise some Meeting Ground rooms, and summon Aladdin. Every hit of his attack will cause the opposing Heartless to drop MP balls. Alternatively, you can also trade in those cards that you don't need.

Oops, I believe I used up all my meeting ground cards on the Room of Guidance in Destiny Islands. You don't have friends there so I didn't seem to need them. XD

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
IT'S OVER! IT'S DONE!! SORA'S STORY IS COMPLETED!!!

STATUS REPORT:

Player Character: Sora
Current Level: 71
Most used attack sleights: Sonic Blade, Omnislash, Lethal Frame, Thundaga, Curaga

Good lord, this journey took me MUCH longer than I anticipated, but I finally completed Sora's story.
At the top of the thirteenth floor, I took on "Marluxia" with relative ease due to being cautious with him as I was with Axel. After taking him down and listening to the incredibly awesome "Graceful Assassin," I was prepped up to take down Marluxia's second form...
and nearly died since my deck was to centered on Sonic Blade sleights. Thankfully, I still had those relatively high numbered cards from those sleights to take him down. The problem wasn't so much stopping his sleights with the 0 card as it was using certain sleights like the Lethal Frame and Cloud's Omnislash at the right time. The main reason I nearly died was solely because I kept wasting those sleights when he and his Deus ex Machina were too high up or "beyond" the arena. Thankfully I had a slew of Mega Ethers and Elixirs to help me out alongside my Cure cards (come to think of it, I probably should have had some Thunder cards as well...oh well).

But when I finished that fight, man was his next form just flat out FUN to fight against. Everything about that battle was freaking AWESOME! The way that you fight him similar to in the GBA version except more interesting and in 3D! The fair challenge that he brings if you don't play your cards right (heh, heh, see what I did there)!! The INCREDIBLY EPIC AND GRAND ORCHESTRATION OF "LORD OF THE CASTLE!!!" Unlike in most of my playthroughs, I didn't finish Marluxia off with Cloud's Omnislash; I was about to, but then I accidentally pressed X instead of Triangle, so yeah.

And thus, a chapter in this playthrough is finished. Sora and company are now getting their memories back, setting up the plot points of Days and II. Thus ends Sora's side...

and thus, we now enter into what I've been waiting for:

Reverse/Rebirth.

STATUS REPORT:

Player Character: Riku
Current Level: 13
Most used attack sleights: Dark Firaga

A fixed deck. Different sleights. The assistance of a certain famous mouse. The seeming return of a familiar foe. New Organization members to face. A faster-paced game. The coming-of-age story that is Riku's story: Reverse/Rebirth.

Ventus_

Awards
Status Update:
Character - Sora
Level - 58
HP - 485
CP - 775
Ugh final Riku is a fucking bastard! He actually waits to use that damn Dark Aura until I'm reloading so there's no breaking it!
I'm getting the hang of sleights though, I've dished out a lot in this battle but it's just not enough.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Status Update:
Character - Sora
Level - 58
HP - 485
CP - 775
Ugh final Riku is a diddlying bastard! He actually waits to use that damn Dark Aura until I'm reloading so there's no breaking it!
I'm getting the hang of sleights though, I've dished out a lot in this battle but it's just not enough.

You may want to increase your CP so that you can add more effective cards. Not only does it give you the opportunity to put in certain cards for sleights, but it also lets you put in more cards that can simply help you out better (i.e.: 0 cards, Elixirs, Mega Ethers, more Cure cards, etc.).

I don't know for sure whether or not you this but whether you are having trouble with Riku or not, when you defeat him, there is an option that allows you to talk to him. DO NOT TALK TO HIM JUST YET! You should IMMEDIATELY go back to the Conqueror's Respite room in Destiny Islands and save your game. Not to give too much away but if you immediately talk to him, you will be thrust into another cutscene and into yet ANOTHER boss fight. Said boss is actually HARDER than the one that you just faced.

Take it from me. I still have the scars...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
If you're having trouble with reloading, then don't. Use Potion or Hi-Potion cards instead for instantaneous reloading.

Alternatively, what you can do is that during periods of inaction, you should fill your reload gauge until it's just a tap of a button away from being full. This way, you don't have to waste precious seconds filling the gauge from 3 all the way to 0 in the heat of the battle and get caught like a sitting duck.

Ventus_

Awards
You may want to increase your CP so that you can add more effective cards. Not only does it give you the opportunity to put in certain cards for sleights, but it also lets you put in more cards that can simply help you out better (i.e.: 0 cards, Elixirs, Mega Ethers, more Cure cards, etc.).

I don't know for sure whether or not you this but whether you are having trouble with Riku or not, when you defeat him, there is an option that allows you to talk to him. DO NOT TALK TO HIM JUST YET! You should IMMEDIATELY go back to the Conqueror's Respite room in Destiny Islands and save your game. Not to give too much away but if you immediately talk to him, you will be thrust into another cutscene and into yet ANOTHER boss fight. Said boss is actually HARDER than the one that you just faced.

Take it from me. I still have the scars...

Increasing my CP is a good idea which I've been considering.
Thank you for this. I did read that from Riku you go straight to the next boss battle but not this detail. Very helpful.

If you're having trouble with reloading, then don't. Use Potion or Hi-Potion cards instead for instantaneous reloading.

Alternatively, what you can do is that during periods of inaction, you should fill your reload gauge until it's just a tap of a button away from being full. This way, you don't have to waste precious seconds filling the gauge from 3 all the way to 0 in the heat of the battle and get caught like a sitting duck.

I've been considering just that.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Ladies and Gentlemen, STATUS REPORT:

Current Level: 29
Most used attack sleights: Dark Firaga

Anybody remember my original post when I said that I wouldn't update often in this journal due to my schedule? Apparently, I seem to have forgotten...

Anyway, I've had a chance to actually play for a substantial amount of time when my brother and I made it home from classes. Since I got to the PS3 first and my brother decided to take a long nap, I was finally able to play the game for more than an hour and a half.

I've been outright blazing through these worlds since the maps are pretty small in most cases compared to Sora's; in addition, Riku has very little story elements as well, so as a result, I was able to go from halfway into Traverse Town all the way to the end of Neverland (basically, all of the cards that "Ansem" gives you.

At this point, I have already defeated Vexen and the Riku Replica/Repliku. The former was fairly easy (although for some reason, he was able to pull of that one snowstorm sleight on me, but at that point, he was nearly dead). The latter somehow managed to be easier than I remembered. Of course, I say this as I cringe on how much of a pain he becomes over in Twilight Town. *shivers*

Anyway, I now have the second set of world cards from "Ansem" so that I can continue my fight against the darkness.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Ladies and Gentlemen, STATUS REPORT:

Current Level: 42
Most used attack sleights: Dark Firaga, Dark Break, Dark Aura

When I last left off from last time, I had a whole batch of world cards. I've recently just used all of them in order of: Wonderland, Olympus Colosseum, Halloween Town, and Atlantica. I was a bit hesitant to go to Wonderland first since it gives Riku the crappiest deck in the game and makes the fight against the Trickmaster a severe pain if you don't abuse card duels and the Jafar card. Bearing that in mind, I still usually lost in the PS2 port and especially in the GBA original where card duels simply did not exist. That being said, I was able to defeat him on my first try, something I have never done before on any playthrough. Either I was luckier or the game's difficulty has been tweaked from the transition from PS2 to PS3 (I play on Proud mode on both versions).

The other Disney bosses were pathetically easy although this may have more to do with me level-grinding like mad in the earlier worlds and the fact that I usually complete the entire map of a world. Atlantica was the exception in this playthrough due to me wanting to get through those empty worlds with little to no plot events in between them. (On a side note, when fighting Ursula, instead of playing the usual music for Disney bosses, they decided to use "Struggle Away." Did they do that for the original GBA version and the PS2 port as well? I can't remember...)

After all of those empty worlds, I finally reach another Organization XIII boss fight: Number V, Lexeaus: The Silent Hero. This guy hits like a truck. If you don't break his sleights, he can kill you very easily with little to no effort on his part. Luckily, there are the Dark Aura sleights (always feels good to spam that attack that gave nearly everyone hell in the first game) and Dark Firaga (which seems to deal more damage to him than I remember).

After a slight change from the original GBA version, we finally meet Zexion in person who gives us the Destiny Islands world card. For those who haven't played this segment of the game yet, lets just say that things begin to get a bit more interesting...

kingscr34m11

I finally started playing Re:COM this week. I'd been busy with midterms so I'm only at the landing for floor 3, did Halloween Town as floor 2, I'll probably end up doing Monstro for floor 3 just to get it out of the way now. I'm only level 12 at the moment with my level ups going for one sleight, 400cp, and i think 145. whats the best order for level up bonuses? I was thinking getting to like 200 or so hp and then just alternating cp and sleights when available.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
IT'S OVER! IT'S DONE!! RIKU'S STORY IS COMPLETED!!!

STATUS REPORT:

Current Level: 57
Most used attack sleights: Dark Aura, Dark Firaga, Dark Break

I still cannot believe how quickly I was able to go through Riku's Reverse/Rebirth playthrough.

So when we last left, Riku received a world card from Zexion and summoned up Destiny Islands. After a pathetically easy fight with the Darkside (I honestly didn't even need to activate Dark Mode for this battle), Sora appears. However, this Sora immediately attacks Riku and envelops him in light. It isn't until "Kairi" comes to his aid and encourages him to do what many considered unthinkable - using the darkness - that Riku escaped his prison and attacked Sora, who was actually Zexion in disguise.

HERE is the part that all of us was excited for when the PS2 port made it to the U.S. Rather than simply escaping, we actually get to take down Number VI, Zexion: The Cloaked Schemer. Unlike in other battles, I was in Dark Mode at the very beginning and remained so throughout - think of it like Terra's Dark Impulse Command Style activating during the battle against Master Eraqus in Birth by Sleep. Although he's a bit different from what I was used to (I hadn't fought him since the port was released, so yeah), he still went down pretty easily.

When Zexion left, I proceeded to go to the next basement floor. After watching what happens to Zexion, the game cuts back to Riku and Mickey properly reuniting inside the castle. Upon going to the next world being goaded by Ansem just before, he suddenly appears. Riku is about to fight him, but then lowers his weapon. We now have what is my favorite line in the entire game:

Riku said:
"You're not the true Ansem."

The figure reveals himself to be DiZ (Darkness in Zero) and instructs Riku to go to Namine.

I trained pretty hard in this section knowing the problem that would come up in this world. That problem was the final Riku Replica battle. THIS GUY hits like a tank and is surprisingly difficult to card break if you're not abusing the Jafar card and properly using 0 cards and sleights. After several tries, I took him down and talked to Namine (I won't say too much here in case anyone in here has never beat the game) and we then proceed to the first basement floor in Castle Oblivion.

A bit of backstory: I was able to beat him easily in the GBA version due to a trick that involves jumping and attacking. I don't quite have this ability in the PS2 port so when I first fought him on the PS2 disc, he killed me nearly every time. It took some patience and some better understanding of the Card Duel mechanic to take him down.

Fighting him now on I.5 ReMIX, I swear he's easier than I remembered, but perhaps its simply me who has become more familiar with teh game. Two card duels, a Jafar card, 0 cards, and sleights that can cause serious damage can make him manageable for a final boss.

And so, my adventures in this game - and by extension I.5 ReMIX since I already completed the other games - are concluded. It's been fun playing this game, more fun than I remember. That being said, I'm glad I'm finally finished and can focus some attention on Symphonia: Chronicles and the X/X-2 Remaster coming soon. I'll still post stuff here and give out advice if needed.

Until my next sojourn to Castle Oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back