• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Praises

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

sephydark

Awards
As much as I hate the Berserkers, Assault Riders, and Hot Rods from KHII, I will say that they certainly added some difficulty that was much needed in some of those areas. The Hot Rods were a bit too brutal in Timeless River, though.

As much as I've heard about Hot Rods being tough, I didn't die to them in my recent Proud Mode run like I did to the Hammer Frames you encounter at around the same time. In fact I thought they were a fun challenge. Same with Berserkers; they're tough but I felt that made things more interesting.

I'm not a fan of Assault Riders, though, even though I didn't find them quite as difficult; it seems like you're meant to get behind them and attack but they move too fast for that to be a viable strategy.

kaseykockroach

Awards
The Assault Riders were only ever a pain for me during that early bit where you're trapped with only "Ping". Which is to say, you're pretty much in the fight alone. :p

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
4Vn9XxE.png

Let's take a moment and appreciate Visual Works redeeming themselves.

Laurel

Awards
Despite its flaws, KH has always had this charm to it through out the series that just makes it likable and engaging. The gameplay's always fun, the characters are characters that you want to root for and succeed and the music is one of the best I've heard in video games. Yeah the plot's pretty ridiculous but it's still a plot that makes you want to know what's going to happen next, at least to me.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I've been thinking about this a lot lately since I'm trying to animate it, but Xemnas' laugh from DDD is the kind I want to take out and have a beer with. It was so unexpected when I first heard it and I freaking love it.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Olympus in Kh3 made me realize...I genuinely like this world in all three games.
Which is insane coming from me, as I HATE the movie. It's bottom barrel Disney for me.
Yet KH has consistently made me enjoy most of these characters (except Phil, but not even the power of Nomura could make Phil endearing)! I'd say Hades shines more in this series than he ever was able to in the movie.

kaseykockroach

Awards
KH3 has the best prologue.

Because there technically isn’t one!
Olympus was such a glorious opening.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I agree with the Olympus one!

Btw, you might want to look at the guidelines that I recently put on the front page of my nitpicks thread and consider incorporating them :) Just a thought!

ImVentus

Awards
The cutscenes in DDD where Young MX stalks Sora were probably some of the most comedic interactions in the game. Just the fact that Sora got triggered and confused by his riddles made me almost roar with laughter. Especially the cutscene when they're in the Fantasia world. Wonderful scene.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I love that The Caribbean is just "here's a freaking huge beautiful world. Go explore. Do whatever the hell you want. Go nuts".
It's...everything I wanted from a KH1 follow-up to an even greater degree than I could have ever anticipated.

Onion Knight

Kingdom Hearts Praises: 70 replies, 1800 views.
Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks: 900 replies, 35000 views.

If you've got so many bad things to say about the series, why are you still sticking around?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Maybe you've heard about me all in the news today I'm kind of legendary in the most destructive way I have a secret hide out I've got the fancy swords I've got a bone to pick with all generic demon lords open a dictionary turn it to mastermind you'll see a picture of me with my other bros in line I'll burn your village and I won't even look behind I may not be kind you know why?

I'M THE BOSS

I'M THE BOSS

I'M VERY VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS

I'M THE BOSS

I'M THE BOSS

AND JUST IN CASE I DIDN'T GET MY POINT ACROSS, I'M THE BOSS

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If you've got so many bad things to say about the series, why are you still sticking around?
1. The Praise thread hasn't been around as long.

2. The Nitpick thread is all in good fun.

3. We accidentally super glued ourselves to the site.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back

Spoiler Spoiler Show

kaseykockroach

Awards

Because the Nitpicks thread got started first! Praises was late to the race and will have to catch up. Plus, so much about KH2 pisses me off the more I play KH3 (which I've found was pretty much the follow-up to KH1 I wanted in the first place, figuratively speaking).

Back