Kingdom Hearts Praises

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
It's there as an excuse to have the most fun world in the game, so it's A-okay by me. The game itself is pretty openly indifferent about it.
Goofy: Jack said Shipwreck Cove, right?
Sora: CAN'T HEAR YOU, GOOFSTER! TOO BUSY EEEXXXPLOOOORRRIINNNGGG!
Goofy: Gawrsh, don't you wanna help our friends?
Donald: You mean the same friends that left us stranded on an island with the Jack made out of crabs?
Goofy: Fair enough. Let's sail the seas then, fellas!
And then yours truly with D&G is off to explore as much of that world as he possibly can and cherish every moment before bothering to move on to helping out Jack and company.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I frookin’ love the Corona remix of Tension Rising. Iconic as that theme always has been in the KH universe, I never outright fell in love with it until rushing down the forest to battle that tree beast.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Being able to guard and use potions mid-air is going to make it hard to go back to KH1 or 2. I had no idea how nice that feature would be until it, well, now exists!

FudgemintGuardian

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed."
Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Beauty Within
  • O, Purest of Hearts
It's been quite a while since I praised anything, so, uh, Lauriam really pulls off those pink pants.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Fourth time playing KH3 and I can’t believe I’m still finding chests I never noticed before, came across a fortress boss while out exploring in the Gummi ship...and noticed that when you hit the helium in Galaxy Toys while fighting, your party members’ voices while battling will be high-pitched for a second!

KH3’s Gummi ship still isn’t as good as Star Fox 64, but it’s infinitely better than every Star Fox game that’s, well, not 64.

I love the sheer number of lines you can hear in the background from NPCs in Twilight Town, Corona and and such. I’m surprised I’m hearing lines I hadn’t heard before on this fourth playthrough!

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
David Gallagher (Riku) has been with this franchise since the beginning and he consistently delivered fantastic performances every time until now, so props to him!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • News Hound
So I randomly remembered something last night:

"You're inside a mainframe computer system.

--------------

This system is a copy of one created by a corporation called ENCOM.

The original program was destroyed."

Tron's opening dialogue is meant to serve as an explanation for how exactly the Tron world is in HB/RG rather than being it's own world. The 1st weird realization is we're not actually meeting the "real" Tron but his copy. The 2nd bigger reveal is that the proper Tron world was apparently destroyed. Wait, what? How? Why? Disney seriously just let Square kill off Tron & replaced him with a replica?

It's such an unnecessary line too, whether or not the original program exists should be irrelevant to the copy. Maybe S-E or Disney just didn't like the idea of multiple Trons existing at once or something. But it's a very throwaway line with dark implications that's never followed up in KH2.

But IS followed up on in DDD. There we have The Grid based on Tron Legacy, with a better understanding of what happened to the original OS & it's programs: There's the film's backstory, where the real Tron was transferred to a different OS, plus the revelation that the human world was destroyed by heartless & thus the connected data worlds were taken with it.

It's a surprising case of long term continuity for a minor footnote of KH lore that managed . & one that was entirely dependant on a film that didn't even exist yet. Apparently Disney 1st starting work on Tron Legacy's script in 2005 so maybe there's the chance S-E caught wind of some early concepts, but that's a big stretch.

FudgemintGuardian

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed."
Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Beauty Within
  • O, Purest of Hearts
So I randomly remembered something last night:

"You're inside a mainframe computer system.

--------------

This system is a copy of one created by a corporation called ENCOM.

The original program was destroyed."

Tron's opening dialogue is meant to serve as an explanation for how exactly the Tron world is in HB/RG rather than being it's own world. The 1st weird realization is we're not actually meeting the "real" Tron but his copy. The 2nd bigger reveal is that the proper Tron world was apparently destroyed. Wait, what? How? Why? Disney seriously just let Square kill off Tron & replaced him with a replica?

It's such an unnecessary line too, whether or not the original program exists should be irrelevant to the copy. Maybe S-E or Disney just didn't like the idea of multiple Trons existing at once or something. But it's a very throwaway line with dark implications that's never followed up in KH2.

But IS followed up on in DDD. There we have The Grid based on Tron Legacy, with a better understanding of what happened to the original OS & it's programs: There's the film's backstory, where the real Tron was transferred to a different OS, plus the revelation that the human world was destroyed by heartless & thus the connected data worlds were taken with it.

It's a surprising case of long term continuity for a minor footnote of KH lore that managed . & one that was entirely dependant on a film that didn't even exist yet. Apparently Disney 1st starting work on Tron Legacy's script in 2005 so maybe there's the chance S-E caught wind of some early concepts, but that's a big stretch.
Wow, I was just rewatching those scenes this morning and didn't catch that at all!