• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Playthrough Journal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus_

Awards
They have these at at least one of the Pokemon Forums I have been to, perhaps a few of them. Just a place to talk about where you are at in the game.

Also I happen to have a small vent at the moment and no where else appropriate to post it.

So here I am on my way back to Hallow Bastian and decide to make a detour at OC for the Hurc cup to unlock Yellow Trinity. I was heavily annoyed just a bit ago because I had Hurc himself nearly down to his last lifeline and it was going pretty well. I don't know if it's my level or abilities or what but he's not difficult.
Then this guys shows up to look at the dishwasher cause my mom had complained about it and distracts me so suddenly I am defeated!

Just made it back to him now to take him on once more.

EDIT: Phew got him this time. I allowed a few close calls there because towards the last bit of an opponents lifeline I can get a bit cocky and focus too much on hacking the hell out of them.

Last edited:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah sucks about losing to Herc because of a distraction. He isn't too difficult but his invulnerability makes it annoying to get his hp down.
I'm playing on beginner now (to get the Unchanging Armor, Undefeated, and Speedster trophies) and I just beat Halloween Town. No matter how many times I play KH1 the second fight with Oogie Boogie where you have to destroy the shadow blobs will always be annoying. Also trying to get the Speedster trophy made me realize how short the worlds really are, I beat Wonderland and Monstro in about 20 minutes each. xD

Ventus_

Awards
Second Playthrough:
Finished Deep Jungle
At level 22 Clayton was even easier than he was at level 18. It took me like 2 minutes to take him out. He didn't even bother to use potions this time that I noticed.

So I returned to traverse town, received the Earthshine from Leon and asked Cid about the strange gummi block from the Deep Jungle but it turns out I need another piece. According to a guide I am using (different guide that I started out using because now all of a sudden I am getting a malware warning from the first guide) the second Traverse Town visit should also extend to Cid agreeing to install the gummi blocks and giving Sora the 'Old Book'.
I was hoping to save Wonderland this time for later when I learned White Trinity (for the Lady Luck Keyblade) but apparently the game won't allow that because the other gummi block must be there. Crap.

In that case I will simply grind some in Traverse Town and head over there then.

Gamerobber7:
Yes the second Oogie battle was annoying. I did not remember a second round even let alone was aware that it would start throwing dark matter at you that do lingering damage. Not to mention Sora can be a horrible jumper! Took me three tries to beat it.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
You do have complete both Wonderland and Deep Jungle to be able to complete the second Traverse Town visit and move on to the other worlds. And Sora is a bad jumper in KH1. xD Especially if you don't know where the dark blobs are. :/

I finished Hallow Bastion and even on beginner difficulty the last Riku fight is difficult. I should be able to beat End of the World and the game later today. Then I just have to beat the game again on Standard.

Ventus_

Awards
I've actually been playing on Standard myself both times and have pondered starting a third file on proud.
Ansam/Riku is certainly the most insane pre- End of the World boss in the game. Even my cura tactic was difficult to keep up with because about 3/4 through his HP he does not give you a single second to stand still!

Ventus_

Awards
Second Playthrough:
Sealed the keyhole in Atlantica.
That grind session I had done in Destiny Islands to level 18 made a huge difference.
Opposite Armor, The Trickmater and Jafar were all majorly easier with my being several levels above where I was in my first playthrough. The first Ursula battle was somewhat easier as well. I figured out that you don't have to bash her to death but rather just explode the cauldron three times. Or so it seemed. That's how I won both times. It also helped that I had the Spellbinder this time. The second battle was never too tricky with the mermaid kick.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Now that I've gotten the Platinum Trophies for both KHFM and Re:CoM, I've undertaken the challenge of a Proud Mode LV1 playthrough.

It's very fun, and it's making me play in ways I normally don't (Blizzard is a godsend). Currently I'm at the Clayton fight; I already hated this fight normally. Doing it with effectively two hits is... a great deal more frustrating.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
That grind session I had done in Destiny Islands to level 18 made a huge difference.

o_O 18? Wow I think level 10 might be the highest I've ever gotten to before.

Now that I've gotten the Platinum Trophies for both KHFM and Re:CoM, I've undertaken the challenge of a Proud Mode LV1 playthrough.

It's very fun, and it's making me play in ways I normally don't (Blizzard is a godsend). Currently I'm at the Clayton fight; I already hated this fight normally. Doing it with effectively two hits is... a great deal more frustrating.

I'm planning on doing this too after I platinum. I completed my beginner run (which got me the beginner, speedster, unchanging armor, and undefeated trophies) and I managed to go through the whole game without dying but then I ran into Chernabog. :/ I died twice against him. Good thing you can load your game to still get the undefeated trophy but I was mad that I lost at the end of the game. I'm gonna start a beginner run on Re:CoM today.

Ventus_

Awards
o_O 18? Wow I think level 10 might be the highest I've ever gotten to before.
I'd intended on 20 but I got bored and tired of it, it was beginning to take too long to gain a single level. XD

Progress Report - Second Game:
Defeated Malificent, Malificent Dragon and Ansem possessed Riku. Interesting how my luck reversed this time around. My first time around the Malificent dragon went down on the first go while the Ansem/Riku battle had taken my three tries. Here is what I figured out. MP restores when you smack on a foe including Heatless and main bosses but this time I realized sometime ago that it was restoring slower than it did in the first game. I figured this must because I begun with the shield this time as opposed to the staff the first. This is what gave me trouble in the Malificent dragon battle. I had relied heavily on my healing to get through it. This time however it took 2 ethers and my cura to survive it.
For the Ansem/Riku battle I'd carried 4 elixers in addition to a bunch of hi-potions and got him on the first go.
By the way I accomplished this at level 51 (and reached level 52 upon defeating Ansem/Riku), with help from some Neverland grinding beforehand from 45 to 50. I'd idealized being higher than that but hey it worked. I wasn't 51 until End of the World in my first game.

This time since it wasn't nearing time for me to turn in, I was able to actually enjoy being the heartless and got some great shots of it along the way, this one being my favorite!
xdz2c4.jpg

(Sorry it's on it's side, I don't know why my phone does that sometimes, I wasn't even holding it on it's side when I took the picture. And that's the one useful feature Tinypic lacks, editing tools like Photobucket. Didn't feel like redoing it at photobucket though.)

Last edited:

Ventus_

Awards

Feb 19
Sealed Hallow Bastian and tried my luck in the Hades Cup twice. Couldn't get passed Behemoth. Which is messed up because he's easy as hell in both Hallow Bastian and End of the World. It seemed like my HP isn't even low when I KO but it happens so fast...and damn does this one have a ton of HP!
It's a long ass cup too, sheesh, might have to get my friend to help some. Supposedly there is a special something after the end credits if you clear the Hades Cup, find all 99 Dalmatians and something else I can't remember so I going for that as well as getting everything else in the game including all of Donald and Goofy's weapons and all keyblades. I am 3 blue trinities away from having unlocked all of them in the game.

Feb 20

Deleted my first file since I found it very under valuable compared to my second.
Started another file.
Chose the sword and sacrificed the shield. First time I've ever chosen the sward or kept it for that matter.
Interestingly my strength and defense stats are a lot more even as opposed to when I'd chosen the shield and gave up the sword in the last file where my defense grew very slowly.
I chose to level fast paced which got me to level 4 after defeating Dark Side the first time!

I've reached level 9 now battling Riku and the Islanders completely undefeated (except for 4 points Riku was given only because I fell off the island area). Call me an idiot but this is the first I've figured out how to take any of them on, and only recently did I learn they battle at all. XD
I find it pretty interesting how Tedius on the second day will still say that Sora doesn't stand a chance against Riku despite my having defeated him 24 times!
I'd like to feel more awesome about this but I am in beginner mode which I am now regretting but I'd done it thinking I'd read about there being a beginner trophy. Oh well there is the silver lining that it's also a new thing I am trying like keeping the sword.

I beat Riku in the cove race for the first time thanks to the route the Destiny Islands guide gave me. This is my original guide which had been giving me the Malware warning early in my last game, it's fine now, which is great as it's the best guide I have been able to find.
Anyway in the second day of Destiny Islands continuing to take on the three islanders (three on one, you don't get jack from them individually, it takes all three to get about the same amount of exp you get from Riku alone during the first day) to reach level ten than grind ten more levels on the heartless in the storm scene.
By now I've already learned Sliding Dash and Scan which is awesome!

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I finally destroyed Clayton at LV1.

I got the cheap tactic of baiting Clayton to jump on the ledge, but somehow the Stealth Sneak found its way up there! It was a frustrating battle, but boy did I feel good at the end of it all. And then I completely rekt Opposite Armor on my first try.

Now I'm fighting Pot Centipede, and it's an even bigger nightmare than Clayton. I really hate this "boss with minions" thing. I can't keep track of all these Pot Spiders!

EDIT: Beat Pot Centipede, and now the Cave of Wonders is wrecking my shit.

I'm really getting tired of bosses with homing attacks and multiple targets.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I can't really post anything over here as I have already completed I and am in the process of completing Re: Chain of Memories, the latter of which will be harder to complete come Tuesday when my brother and I get our copy of the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.

I will, however, say this. Having played Final Mix Mode, I noticed that certain bosses have become easier whilst others became INFINITELY harder (looking at you, Opposite Armor!). This was especially true for the secret bosses: Kurt Zisa and the Phantom were much harder this time around while Sephiroth of all people was easy enough to beat on one try. Only the Ice Titan stayed the same in terms of difficulty.

And Xemnas. Good lord, Xemnas...

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I finally destroyed Clayton at LV1.

I got the cheap tactic of baiting Clayton to jump on the ledge, but somehow the Stealth Sneak found its way up there! It was a frustrating battle, but boy did I feel good at the end of it all. And then I completely rekt Opposite Armor on my first try.

Now I'm fighting Pot Centipede, and it's an even bigger nightmare than Clayton. I really hate this "boss with minions" thing. I can't keep track of all these Pot Spiders!

EDIT: Beat Pot Centipede, and now the Cave of Wonders is wrecking my shit.

I'm really getting tired of bosses with homing attacks and multiple targets.

Wow how is the Stealth Sneak able to get all the way up there? I think I'd get freaked out if I saw that (actually I may try that now >_>).

And that Pot Centipede has always been a thorn in my side.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I've seen the Stealth Sneak get up there, actually more than once. It has its ways.

Ventus_

Awards
Wow how is the Stealth Sneak able to get all the way up there? I think I'd get freaked out if I saw that (actually I may try that now >_>).

And that Pot Centipede has always been a thorn in my side.

I've seen the Stealth Sneak get up there, actually more than once. It has its ways.

I believe I experienced that as well back in my PS2 playthrough when I had trouble with Clayton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back