• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts on Wii U?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artillatron

Is anyone else disappointed that Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming to Wii U?

I'm a nintendo fan. And I feel hurt and cheated. I don't want to buy one of those new systems just to play one game. Why would they release it for xbox one and not Wii U? Why couldn't it be on all 3? Plus xbox has never gotten a kingdom hearts game before, ever. Meanwhile 4 kingdom hearts games have been on nintendo's handhelds. What was the point of skipping the Wii U? Anyway, I found this petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-please-bring-kingdom-hearts-3-to-the-wii-u-alongside-the-ps4-and-xbox-one

​I doubt it'll do anything, but I went ahead and signed it. I don't have a facebook. Otherwise I would've put it there for more people to see.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Re: Is anyone else disappointed that kingdom hearts 3 isn't coming to Wii U?

Well, apparently Kingdom Hearts 3 is using a powerful PC style engine to run it, which the Wii U cannot run. I'm a Nintendo fan too, but I also acknowledge that Wii U is going to be graphically inferior to the PS4 and Xbox One. So, the only way KH3 would come to the Wii U is if they downgrade it to run on it, which means the game would take even longer to be made.

Santiago

KH3 is being made on DirectX 11.

Xbox One and PS4 support DirectX 11.

WiiU does not support DirectX 11.

/end

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

If they were to port KHIII to the WiiU, they would have to make a completely different version. That's exactly what happened with a lot of multi-platform games during the PS3/360/Wii era; One version would be made for the PS3 and 360, and another version would be made for the Wii/PS2, e.g. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Sonic Unleashed, etc. There's really no point in making KHIII for the WiiU at this point and it would do nothing but make the wait longer.

Artillatron

KH3 is being made on DirectX 11.

Xbox One and PS4 support DirectX 11.

WiiU does not support DirectX 11.

/end
Actually this is completely false. Some time ago it was confirmed that Wii U is capable of directx11 equivalent graphics.

Wii U's GPGPU Squashes Xbox 360, PS3; Capable Of DirectX 11 Equivalent Graphics

And then a few weeks ago it was announced that the Kickstarter project candle (which uses directx11) would come to Wii U.

Web source: DirectX 11 Indie Game, Candle, Coming To Wii U
Video: Trailer-Up: Candle - YouTube

Official Kickstarter page: CANDLE - A Dynamic Graphic Adventure by Teku Studios » Candle confirmed for Wii U — Kickstarter

Source: Players Essence

And then it was revealed that someone actually misinterpreted what tetsuya nomura said.

Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF15 – The Official Video what Square Enix said About dx11) | PLAYERESSENCE

Nomura never said that it wasn't coming to the Wii U. He actually didn't even mentioned the Wii U in that interview. What he said is every platform that can support the tools — specifically DirectX11 — is meant for consideration. Well, it's been proven that the Wii U can support "the tools"

PhantomSoD

Actually, WiiU does support DirecX11 to an extent because it is scalable. It would take some doing, but it could be made to run on WiiU.

Indie game made on directX11 coming to wiiu:
DirectX 11 Indie Game, Candle, Coming To Wii U

Confirmed: Wii U's GPU far superior to 360/PS3 uses DirectX 11 Compute Shaders | IGN Boards

I think Square opted out because of the systems abysmal sales to date. Seeing as the game is still in early development I'm still holding out some hope that they'll decide to port the game over once (if) WiiU sales pick up. I mean, we've seen with all the handheld entries that Nintendo definitely holds an audience for the series

k99y77

Awards

Nobody wants a watered down port that will probably be laggy and glitchy.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Nobody wants a watered down port that will probably be laggy and glitchy.

For people that only own a Wii U and no PS4 or XB1, I think they'd gladly buy it (if I were in their position I sure would). Not to mention there would probably be some cool, albeit small gimmick with the Wii U (even if it is off-screen play which would amazing since that is a somewhat portable KH3). I have to admit, I am sad that the Wii U isn't getting despite the fact that regardless I'll be picking up the PS4-iteration purely because now that KH3 isn't Sony-exclusive, I like the idea of it being on all systems, I also think the Wii U needs something to generate sales...

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Is anyone else disappointed that Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming to Wii U?

I am sorry but we should be thankful it's not coming to the Wii U. It's bad enough that Square will have to create the game for the lowest common denominator, we don't need to get even worse than that.

and I've said it again. If they were going to release it on a last gen console , they have 2 much more popular alternatives than the Wii U.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I am sorry but we should be thankful it's not coming to the Wii U. It's bad enough that Square will have to create the game for the lowest common denominator, we don't need to get even worse than that.

and I've said it again. If they were going to release it on a last gen console , they have 2 much more popular alternatives than the Wii U.

Yes, let's ignore the fact half the series is on Nintendo consoles.

As someone who has no plans to get a ps4 and Xbone. Yes I'm disappointed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

However they're now bringing those games to Sony consoles.
It's a shame that the game isn't coming to the Wii U (for now) but there is surely a reason for this.

Artillatron

Ugh. I diddlying hate when people say that. The Wii U is not last gen!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

As someone who has no plans to get a ps4 and Xbone. Yes I'm disappointed.

Yes please ignore the fact cause frankly I don't want another mediocre looking game in a franchise which could use al horsepower it could get. It's been 7 years and we really haven't seen the series getting any better technically (only the animation as improved).

Plus, from what we know, the complete and definitive edition of each game will be on one console and that's the PS3 (1,5 + 2,5 + maybe 3D Final Mix HD).

I know it may sound unfair and cruse for some who have the Wii U but KH3 on the Wii U doesn't make sense from a lot of points. Most of the points on why KH3 won't be on the PS3 carry over on this as well.

Ugh. I f***ing hate when people say that. The Wii U is not last gen!

It is though. Not in terms of timing, but in terms of specs. The games (and developers) speak for themselves.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

For people that only own a Wii U and no PS4 or XB1, I think they'd gladly buy it (if I were in their position I sure would). Not to mention there would probably be some cool, albeit small gimmick with the Wii U (even if it is off-screen play which would amazing since that is a somewhat portable KH3). I have to admit, I am sad that the Wii U isn't getting despite the fact that regardless I'll be picking up the PS4-iteration purely because now that KH3 isn't Sony-exclusive, I like the idea of it being on all systems, I also think the Wii U needs something to generate sales...
That'll already happen with PS4/Vita remote play. In fact unlike Wii U it would work without having to be in the same building as the PS4. Whip out the Vita anywhere where's there's wifi access & you can be playing KH3/FFXV right there.

& Since that sounded way too much like a Sony advertisement, let me balance it out with stating the reason I've been wanting to see any sort of KH title on Wii U:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Crappy photoshop MSpaint skillz aside, the idea of utilizing Wii U's purported dual gamepad compatibility to allow additional players to directly control party members is a dream to me.

kupo1121

Awards

That'll already happen with PS4/Vita remote play. In fact unlike Wii U it would work without having to be in the same building as the PS4. Whip out the Vita anywhere where's there's wifi access & you can be playing KH3/FFXV right there.

While it's true that the Vita and PS3 do have cross-platform play, nobody really utilizes it since the Vita is probably the worst selling system out right now so at least the Wii U would be a more viable source if it was on the Wii U.

Since that sounded way too much like a Sony advertisement, let me balance it out with stating the reason I've been wanting to see any sort of KH title on Wii U:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Crappy photoshop MSpaint skillz aside, the idea of utilizing Wii U's purported dual gamepad compatibility to allow additional players to directly control party members is a dream to me.

When that image first appeared I really wanted it too but I realize nowadays that things like that just won't happen because barely any games support more than 1 gamepad purely due to the fact that getting another gamepad (unless your friend brings theirs) would cost over $200 so buying extra gamepads isn't even available to anyone outside of Japan at the moment. The image above requires 3 gamepads (possibly 2 but IDK how they'd map all the controls to the Wiimote + Nunchuk).

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

^ Don't forget the Pro controller. The one on the TV would be using that.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

While it's true that the Vita and PS3 do have cross-platform play, nobody really utilizes it since the Vita is probably the worst selling system out right now so at least the Wii U would be a more viable source if it was on the Wii U.

When that image first appeared I really wanted it too but I realize nowadays that things like that just won't happen because barely any games support more than 1 gamepad purely due to the fact that getting another gamepad (unless your friend brings theirs) would cost over $200 so buying extra gamepads isn't even available to anyone outside of Japan at the moment. The image above requires 3 gamepads (possibly 2 but IDK how they'd map all the controls to the Wiimote + Nunchuk).

I had forgotten how expensive the controllers are.. o_O

Cross Play will be built into the PS4 so developers won't have to sacrifice resources to achieve it like they did on the PS3.

I've got to admit though that the prospect of playing Goofy and Donald is really interesting. However, I'm not too fussed about it, especially since we saw the nearly total demise of local co-op in this past gen. Maybe they'll go the online route (if they find a way)?

Btw, this just in

PS4 remote play allows co-op on 2 TV's with 1 PS4

Ok, so first things we know are that Whilst using Remote play, the HDMI out remains active on the PS4. When this was demonstrated with Knack some questions were asked and the best question resulted in knack being confirmed to have multiplayer across multiple displays.

If playing via remote play a second player can still join the game on the PS4, meaning you could be playing on 2 TV's in seperate rooms together using 1 PS4, 1 copy of the game and 1 VitaTV:

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/381235215558914048

Further implications, Using VitaTV this means that you can play Knack local co-op (and presumably other games local co op on 2 TV's using the Vita TV, using a PS4 1 game and VitaTV.

But wait theres more, we know that Vita and VitaTV allow remote play over the internet if your connection can support it, this means that PS4 games that have a local co op mode can be played online with just 1 PS4, 1 VitaTV and 1 copy of the game Providing your friend is a clsoe enough friend or family member to allow them to remote play your PS4.

Vita = killer PS4 app.

EDIT: Could a mod add (including over the internet) to the title if there is room?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Well there's always 2 players. I would presume if you could play 3P you can play 2P. gamepads will probably go down in price by the time Nintendo starts selling them in the US. Oh & since you brought it up...

NUNCHUCK
Analog stick: character movement
C: Lock-on
Z: Guard/dodge roll

WIIMOTE
D-Pad left/right: rotate camera
D-Pad up/down: scroll through command menu
A: confirm button
B: jump, back out of command menu
+: pause
-: shortcut menu

The basics covered without even using the last 2 buttons, IR sensor, or waggle.

kupo1121

Awards

^ Don't forget the Pro controller. The one on the TV would be using that.

While that's true that the Pro Controller could be used, I don't think SE would opt to make that mandatory since let's be honest, how many people actually have a Pro Controller? Making the only way to play KH3 being with a pro controller (for multiplayer) would still alienate a large portion of Wii U owners who wouldn't be willing to shell out the money to buy it.

Well there's always 2 players. I would presume if you could play 3P you can play 2P. gamepads will probably go down in price by the time Nintendo starts selling them in the US. Oh & since you brought it up...

It is definitely possible, I just think it'd be more plausible to do online co-op or something instead of going through that hassle trying to sort things out for what would probably end up being scarcely used due to the cost of the gamepad :(

Artillatron

​Wow. That petition is at 869 signatures in just one week. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back