• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Heart's Obsession with Numbers And Dates

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

astertide

Awards
Kingdom Hearts has a weird obsession with the number 13:
13 Seekers of Darkness
Organisation XIII
X-Blade splits into 13 pieces of darkness
13 Nobodies in the Organisation
13 floors in Castle Oblivion
13 playable worlds in KHI
13 world cards in CoM
13 playable worlds in BBS
13 playable worlds in KHII
In the intro to the first Kingdom Hearts, it zooms in on the letter 'M,' which is the 13th letter of the alphabet
13 Ansem's Reports in KHI
13 Ansem's Reports in KHII
1 + 2 + 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.8 + 0.2 + 3 = 13
Ars Arcanum lets you hit up to 13 times
Sora’s combatant number in DDD when fighting Rinzler is 13
13 Orichalcum+ to create Ultima Weapon in KHII
Mushroom XIII
Light, Darkness = 13 letters
Hikari, Destati = 13 letters
Sora, Riku, Kairi = 13 letters
Roxas, Sora, Xion = 13 letters
Roxas, Xion, Axel = 13 letters
Xehanort, Ansem = 13 letters
Terra-Xehanort = 13 letters
Ventus-Vanitas = 13 letters
Young Xehanort = 13 letters
Lingering Will = 13 letters
Mark of Mastery = 13 letters
Ansem's Reports = 13 letters
Secret Reports = 13 letters
Ethereal Blade = 13 letters
Secret Episode = 13 letters
Kingdom Hearts = 13 letters
Radiant Garden = 13 letters
Hollow Bastion = 13 letters
End of the World = 13 letters
Scala Ad Caelum = 13 letters
The Final World = 13 letters
Key of the Brave = 13 letters
Chains to Bonds = 13 letters
Dearly Beloved = 13 letters
Tetsuya Nomura = 13 letters
Yoko Shimomura = 13 letters
Sachiko Miyano = 13 letters
Keiji Kawamori = 13 letters
“Realm of Darkness”, “Land of Departure”, “Chain of Memories”, "Princess of Heart", "Guardian of Light", "Edge of Existence", "Keyblade of Heart", "Lights of Destiny" and “Master of Masters” all have 13 letters if you take out “of”
Kingdom Hearts III released 13 years, 1 month and 3 days after KHII

And with the number 7:
X-Blade splits into 7 pieces of light
7 Princesses of Heart
7 Guardians of Light
7 pieces of Kairi's heart in Re:Mind
Sora learns 7 magic spells in the first game
7 levels in KHII drive forms
7 summons in CoM
Can eventually equip 7 total medals in UX
Maximum 7 star value on a medal
Vanitas is fought 7 times in Birth By Sleep
Roxas hits DiZ’s computer 7 times
Roxas spends 7 days in the datascape Twilight Town
It takes Subject X 7 days before she starts remembering things
The Flantastic Seven
MoM, Luxu, Ira, Aced, Ava, Gula and Invi = 7 people
Ansem the Wise, Xehanort, Braig, Dilan, Aeleus, Ienzo and Even = 7 people
Xehanort, Eraqus, Urd, Vor, Hermod, Bragi and Baldr = 7 people
7 playable worlds in 358/2 Days
7 playable worlds in Coded
7 playable worlds in DDD
7 playable worlds in KHIII
Replica = 7 letters

And also with the number 5:
5 Foretellers
5 Union Leaders
Maximum 5 medal slots open at a time on a keyblade in UX
5 points on a star-shaped Paopu fruit
5 points on a star-shaped Wayfinder (Well, it's based on a Paopu fruit)
5 pieces of Kairi's heart found in Scala Ad Caelum
5 pods in the Ark in the End of the World

And with the number 3:
Sora, Riku and Kairi are 3 best friends
Roxas, Axel and Xion are 3 best friends
Aqua, Terra and Ventus are 3 best friends

In real life, 13 is "unlucky" and 7 is "lucky," "holy" and "good."

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I can't decide if I want to react with the heart emoji or the laughing emoji, so here's both: 😂 😍

This is awesome. Thank you.

"1 + 2 + 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.8 + 0.2 + 3 = 13" ❤That's why lining up the games looks so pretty. It all adds up!

I love that you counted the letters in those groups of names.

Just curious though, why do you exclude these worlds from the KH2 count?

astertide

Awards
I can't decide if I want to react with the heart emoji or the laughing emoji, so here's both: 😂 😍

This is awesome. Thank you.

"1 + 2 + 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.8 + 0.2 + 3 = 13" ❤That's why lining up the games looks so pretty. It all adds up!

I love that you counted the letters in those groups of names.

Just curious though, why do you exclude these worlds from the KH2 count?

Makes me wonder if there's ever gonna be a "Kingdom Hearts IV" or if they're just gonna call it "Kingdom Hearts King of Midnights" or something.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. Those were the non-Disney worlds. Same as in every game. I'll reword that oop.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Makes me wonder if there's ever gonna be a "Kingdom Hearts IV" or if they're just gonna call it "Kingdom Hearts King of Midnights" or something.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. Those were the non-Disney worlds. Same as in every game. I'll reword that oop.

Hmm... I count 10 playable Disney worlds and 3 playable original worlds? What am I missing? EDIT: Oh yes, Atlantica, Pooh, and...?

astertide

Awards
I just didn't know how "playable" it could be considered. 100 Acre Wood, for example, is optionable, and playable in a... sense.
And in BBS the Keyblade Graveyard is counted but the Land of Departure isn't.

So... Worlds with fighting in them? Sorta?
How do I phrase lmao

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
:unsure: How many gummishippable worlds are there? What if TWTNW doesn't count because it never was? Like it's the imaginary 14th. Let's make this work. Or 13 playable worlds in the Realm of Light?

DraceEmpressa

Awards

Well, Nomura did consider to stop numbering KH games in basic numbers, but maybe Disney will stop him on that as they would be climax games. Tho, about non-main numbered titles,there has to be smth in the title that has IT meaning. ex:

Birth By Sleep = BBS=Bulletin Board System
Verum Rex=VR=Virtual Reality
Dream Drop Distance=DDD=Domain Driven Design
Chain of Memories=COM=.com

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
:eek:
How dare you! You forgot the most important number of all: 3!

I...I am shocked...I am appalled, disgusted, heartbroken!

Seriously though, fun thread.:ROFLMAO: You really did forget the number 3 though, since we all know, there must always, always be trios.

I'd say 20, but that number has only popped up once in the series and never again.

astertide

Awards
:eek:
How dare you! You forgot the most important number of all: 3!

I...I am shocked...I am appalled, disgusted, heartbroken!

Seriously though, fun thread.:ROFLMAO: You really did forget the number 3 though, since we all know, there must always, always be trios.

I'd say 20, but that number has only popped up once in the series and never again.

I didn't forget, but I just thought that 3 has no other significance than the trios. It's not an easter egg that's constantly shown throughout the series, like 7 or 13. I'll put it on if I can find more significance, though.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
What about fives? Like the pieces in wayfinders, some Heart Station motifs, star points,... It's a cool design pattern.

I'm sure there's more sevens than that... 7 levels in KH2 drive forms? 7 summons in CoM (the seventh being Cloud when the other 6 are the KH1 summons)?

astertide

Awards
What about fives? Like the pieces in wayfinders, some Heart Station motifs, star points,... It's a cool design pattern.

I'm sure there's more sevens than that... 7 levels in KH2 drive forms? 7 summons in CoM (the seventh being Cloud when the other 6 are the KH1 summons)?

I feel like stars specifically are shown a lot in Kingdom Hearts, rather than the number five. In fact, there's so much star symbolism in KH there's a whole wiki page section for it. Paopu fruits, Wayfinders, Nameless Stars. Every star is a world. Terra compares Ventus to stars, which are in the sky; Sora's name means 'sky', and Ventus' heart eventually goes to Sora's heart. Mickey's star shard. Noctis' girlfriend's original name is Stella, which is 'star' in Latin. Yozora's version of Stella has a star necklace. Lux. Starlight keyblades. Star Seeker keychain. Xion's similar flower name, 'shion', translates to a type of flower called 'aster', which comes from an ancient Greek word meaning 'star;' she also came from Sora, which as stated earlier, means 'sky'. Even Yen Sid's hat has stars on it.

And I forgot about those 7s, haha. Thanks for re:minding me!

D

Deleted member 252753

Five seems pretty big in UX: there are five unions led by the five Foretllers (though they are part a group of seven they are distinct as a group of five) then the the five Union Leaders, also each Keyblade has five medal slots (though you can equip 7 medals overall with the extra Spirit and Friend slots). Also in Re Mind you gather five pieces of Kairi's flower-heart thing in Scala (again five of seven but it draws attention to the five motif). And back in KH1, there are five pods around the Ark machine, right? So I guess that's quite a few things. Sorry that was long.

For 13 and 7 you could add the Mushroom XIII and Fantastic Seven, I suppose.

astertide

Awards
Five seems pretty big in UX: there are five unions led by the five Foretllers (though they are part a group of seven they are distinct as a group of five) then the the five Union Leaders, also each Keyblade has five medal slots (though you can equip 7 medals overall with the extra Spirit and Friend slots). Also in Re Mind you gather five pieces of Kairi's flower-heart thing in Scala (again five of seven but it draws attention to the five motif). And back in KH1, there are five pods around the Ark machine, right? So I guess that's quite a few things. Sorry that was long.

For 13 and 7 you could add the Mushroom XIII and Fantastic Seven, I suppose.

... You're right, I'll write all those down. Lots of symbolism.

And thanks for the 13 and 7!

D

Deleted member 252753

... You're right, I'll write all those down. Lots of symbolism.

And thanks for the 13 and 7!
No problem. Thanks for the interesting thread. I hadn't realised that all the weirdly numbered titles brought the total to 13 and now I like those titles a lot more.

astertide

Awards
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT SOMETHING

YOU KNOW THAT I SAID SQUARE RUINED THE "THIRTEEN YEARS" THING BY RELEASING IT A LITTLE LATE
WELL I PUT IT THROUGH A DATE CALCULATOR AND WHAT THE PAOPU FRUIT I SWEAR ON KINGDOM HEARTS NOMURAAAAAAAA

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 10.49.07 pm.png

Attachments

• 1602762514382.png
    1602762514382.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1602762530542.png
    1602762530542.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

astertide

Awards
AND OH MY PAOPU FRUIT GUYS ANOTHER REVELATION

This is less related to 7 and 13 BUT STILL NUMBERS

358/2 Days released 358/2=179 days after it was announced to release in North America (which was also the same day Re:Chain of Memories was released in North America).

It's probably just HUGE coincidence BUT I MEAN, MAYBE NOT. THIS IS NOMURA.
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 11.11.08 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 11.10.23 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 11.11.23 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 11.21.17 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 11.11.41 pm.png

Last edited:
Back