• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
I wish the special tasks or whatever they’re called in BbS' Mirage Arena would just tell you from the get go what they are instead having a symbolic description.

Oh, "tough as nails" is "heal 3 time or less"? Sure would’ve been convenient knowing that before I went in instead of at the results screen afterward.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure the "change command styles x number of times" task that you get in the lower level campaigns become more or less impossible if you've levelled up too much. It's impossible to change styles that often in a campaign where the enemies go down that quickly.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Saix: That's it Roxas, no more missions with Xion. You gotta do things solo from now on. *issues mission teaming with Demyx*

Zackarix

Awards
Hey, they at least got HJO to return from that film!
And he voices Zephyr, who has an air-themed name! Just saying, if any Disney character is secretly part of the Sortas, it would be him.

Guernsey

Awards
It also a shame that Tony Jay who voiced Judge Frollo died. Sure, Corey Burton is a good actor but it is not the same.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I will never accept Sora's theme as being the actual theme of his character-- The only times it meaningfully resonates is when Sora, Donald, and Goofy are beginning a new journey. It's less about him and more about the new beginning. Link to All feels much more like a definitive Sora theme, as his greatest moments are all underscored by it.

Zackarix

Awards
Why does the Character Links section in KH2's journal have to be part of every world's entry? In KH2FM it results in no world being labeled as complete until you've beaten every single superboss, even if you've already completed all the missions that are specific to the world.

WaltK

Awards
What is the deal with Xehanort's various voices?

No, not voice actors, his actual in-universe voices.

When Master Xehanort takes over Terra's body, the resulting fusion has neither Xehanort nor Terra's voice, but a completely new voice. Sure, you could argue the voice is Master Xehanort's but influenced by Terra's younger body, but then shouldn't he sound like a maybe slightly older version of Young Xehanort?

And then there's Xemnas. It's established that humanoid Nobodies are usually identical to the completed form but without a heart; Axel is identical in sound and body to Lea, Siax is to Isa, and so on. But Xemnas has a completely different voice that sounds nothing like YX, MX, Terra, or Terranort.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

When Master Xehanort takes over Terra's body, the resulting fusion has neither Xehanort nor Terra's voice, but a completely new voice. Sure, you could argue the voice is Master Xehanort's but influenced by Terra's younger body, but then shouldn't he sound like a maybe slightly older version of Young Xehanort?

And then there's Xemnas. It's established that humanoid Nobodies are usually identical to the completed form but without a heart; Axel is identical in sound and body to Lea, Siax is to Isa, and so on. But Xemnas has a completely different voice that sounds nothing like YX, MX, Terra, or Terranort.

In short, to quote Charriii5: what are the rules dammit?
I think Xemnas is the product of changed plans. Like originally nobodies were different from their originals. But then Nomura came up with Ven & I guess he just didn't feel like creating new looks for every org member's old self, so the idea went out the window.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

In short, to quote Charriii5: what are the rules dammit?
There is currently no real explanation for the Terranort voice change. It's inconsistent since the same thing happened to Riku in KH1 and his voice was a fusion of his and Ansem's. They couldn't go that route because Apprentice Xehanort was already shown in KH2 with a singular voice. Why they didn't go that route with Dark Riku in KH3, who knows.

As for Xemnas it's basically what MATGSY said. I doubt they had any original plans to bring the Organization back or expand on their human sides when writing and developing KH2. Roxas looking the way he did was never questioned until Ventus came, and before that they constantly reminded the player he looked like Sora, even in Days. The different voices is just a product of it's time and one of the many things of KH2 that hasn't aged well with KH's seasonal changing lore. Not complaining since I enjoy the voice work of Ansem and Xemnas.

Chie

Awards
All voice work in these games is an abstraction, so I never considered it too relevant. There are many other instances of voices changing for non-lore reasons (i.e. not bringing back Billy Zane, actors dying, the games have multiple language tracks in the first place, etc...) There's no "real voice".

Guernsey

Awards
Edit: I already posted this in another thread.

Is it me or is Sora getting "dumber" in every installment?

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
I recently completed a Critical run of KH2. I was… kind of amazed at how not-nearly-as-difficult-as-I-was-imagining-it-to-be it was.

I mean yeah, I died a few times, but I didn't find myself in any particularly unforgiving moments. Not like KH3 on Critical, where I gave up over how stressful it was.

Back