• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Andy's Neighborhood was what I always thought it would be called.

Or Pizza Planet if they had used that location.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
:ROFLMAO:

Toybox is a perfectly adequate name that has multiple meta meanings.

I really love this thread. We can nitnick to the nth degree in safe, accepting environment without the vitriol that comes with disagreement.

My nitpick of the day is how they keep adding and removing "The" from the name of Yen Sid's place.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
But we only saw one room of Andy's house... and didn't even see Andy!

I don't mind Toy Box. Land of Toys or something could have worked, but Toy Box is generic enough to work. Pretty much all the names of the new worlds didn't really fit: Toy Box, Monstropolis (I think it should have been Monsters Inc.), Arendelle (I mean it works, but we never visit Arendelle once).
I don't hate "Toy Box," I just think it sounds kind of stupid... Monstropolis and Arendelle are the names of the lands they're living in, they don't merely refer to the castle or factory. Of course something like "Land of..." wouldn't have worked, since that kind of suits a fairy tale setting more than a movie in the modern world. Maybe they could've just called it Toy World or World of Toys considering the title of the movie is that on the nose, too.

disney233

Awards
I don't hate "Toy Box," I just think it sounds kind of stupid... Monstropolis and Arendelle are the names of the lands they're living in, they don't merely refer to the castle or factory.
Because those names were actually said in the movies. We may as well just call it....Earth. Toy Box makes the most sense, man. Just like how the Caribbean makes more sense as a name title.

Barrett

Awards
I miss when the KH3 HUD for the party looked like this:
KH3HUDanimated.gif
Like, I get it, it might've made the 4th and 5th party member portraits look weird if their placements were the same as the final game, but the animated portraits looked so cool. I wonder how they would look like when they transition between field and battle expressions if that was already a thing by this point, which I guess could be another reason why they didn't go with this since they may have looked weird or distracting, but still...

I also love how the gauges were slanted and that the party member gauges weren't just circles. It's stylistically different from all the games between KH2 and DDD (or KHUX even), just like how stylistically different the character HUDs were from KH1 to KH2, so it would've been really neat if they did it again between KH2 and KH3. Imagine my slight disappointment when the KH2 circles were back lol.

I hope we get something similar to this in KH4 or some other overhaul of the character HUD. Just something that will make them look different.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Awards
Know what makes me sad?
440px-Pirate_KH.png
These Heartless called Pirates never showed up in the Caribbean in Kingdom Hearts 2 or 3, even though they were both the perfect opportunity since that world is from a movie called Pirates of the Caribbean.

Sure, there was Barbossa's cursed crew as enemies in 2, but they fought and behaved totally differently from these guys.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Know what makes me sad?
View attachment 13757
These Heartless called Pirates never showed up in the Caribbean in Kingdom Hearts 2 or 3, even though they were both the perfect opportunity since that world is from a movie called Pirates of the Caribbean.

Sure, there was Barbossa's cursed crew as enemies in 2, but they fought and behaved totally differently from these guys.
At least there was the Air Pirates. Until post game where they only appear in Mulan.

Guernsey

Awards
Know what makes me sad?
View attachment 13757

That is weird and it also doesn't make any sense. It is not limited to this guy but Pirates not being in a Pirate world doesn't make any sense at all.

Soldier

Awards
Know what makes me sad?
View attachment 13757

I think the idea behind them being absent from Port Royal and The Caribbean is that they're designed after the classic Disney buccaneer that you might find on captain hook's ship, with the skull pauldron being a clear nod to Skull Rock. Pirates from the PoTC franchise are more... sophisticated in terms of design, with the majority of them wearing complex outfits with more flowing garments that move with the wind.
Case in point, the pirate replacement: The Anchor Raider
1618027860533.png
Now THIS is a pirate themed heartless that fits the gritty world to a tee. Look at the filthy ascot and ruffled eupalettes, the fact it clearly LOST IT"S LEGS IN AN EXPLOSION, juding by the singe marks near the end of the petticoat. This gritty captain fits a world that has more of a realistic feel to it than the original pirate design, that went for a more comedic, cartoonish interpretation. It's also important to remember that the emblem heartless tend to mimic people and objects in the world of light, so they likely saw the more intense looking swashbucklers and took this form to "blend in" as much as possible, despite the clear obviousness.

Perkilator

Awards
I think the idea behind them being absent from Port Royal and The Caribbean is that they're designed after the classic Disney buccaneer that you might find on captain hook's ship, with the skull pauldron being a clear nod to Skull Rock. Pirates from the PoTC franchise are more... sophisticated in terms of design, with the majority of them wearing complex outfits with more flowing garments that move with the wind.
Case in point, the pirate replacement: The Anchor Raider
View attachment 13773
Now THIS is a pirate themed heartless that fits the gritty world to a tee. Look at the filthy ascot and ruffled eupalettes, the fact it clearly LOST IT"S LEGS IN AN EXPLOSION, juding by the singe marks near the end of the petticoat. This gritty captain fits a world that has more of a realistic feel to it than the original pirate design, that went for a more comedic, cartoonish interpretation. It's also important to remember that the emblem heartless tend to mimic people and objects in the world of light, so they likely saw the more intense looking swashbucklers and took this form to "blend in" as much as possible, despite the clear obviousness.
Fair. But I think that the Pirates I mentioned earlier could’ve been heavily redesigned to have a similar flair to something like an Anchor Raider in terms of fitting in with The Caribbean.

ventus_magnega-712

Awards
To be fair, 358/2 Days did have a couple of funny lines.

"Roxas... that's a stick."

Gets me every time.
Don't worry, he'll improvise.

Why was Terra such a horrible judge of character? If he had better judgement a lot of the pain inflicted to the characters could have been prevented
"Are you Peter Pan?"
"That's me!"
"The light is not yours to take. "

Mickey will come to the rescue in all of these different Disney worlds but he won't save you when you lose against Demyx when he is literally right there.
He'll help me against Xaldin when I didn't really need it (or i got hit by some bullshit one-shot), but when I have issues with Demyx (I SWEAR, every playthrough, it's a bit ridiculous) he won't even make an attempt.
Probably was too busy with his boyfriend Riku

darknessofheart

Awards
For me, it's the player always being so much more in the know than the main trio and the other protagonists. It sorta creates a disconnect where characters need to explain events the player has already experienced. This was ok to a point, but became more of a burden from a story-telling perspective in my opinion. The characters still don't know about Luxu or the MoM and most of the lore tied to the mobile games.

I think the worst offender is when the journal in DDD claims that Sora and Riku never learned the true identity of the cloaked figure (Xehanort's heartless). If that's true, it paints Sora and Riku as complete morons, because Xehanort repeats the first thing he said to Sora just before fighting him and Riku allows the cloaked figure to posses him.

Last edited:
Back