• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
The revelation in Dream Drop Distance that nobodies can just grow their hearts back opens up a massive can of worms that the game never addresses.

Specifically, why aren’t the former Organisation members walking around with two hearts inside them? Roxas grew a heart during his time as a separate entity, that went inside Sora when he was recompleted before it was put into a replica body.

So why doesn’t Lea have Axel’s heart inside him? Why doesn’t Ienzo have Zexion’s heart inside him and so on?

Hell, why did Xehanort need to resort to time travel to bring Xemnas from the past into the new Organisation? Xemnas’ heart should be inside him anyway, so why not just put that into a replica?

Perkilator

Awards
After all the Disney worlds are done, we get to Twilight Town, and suddenly Sora is able to recognise that this is a world he definitely hasn’t been to before, as if he’d even be able to tell by this point.
That’s actually Roxas’s heart (or, as Vexen puts it, the other side of Sora’s heart) recognizing it.

Wanderlust

Awards
  • BBS's story longer, more fleshed out, with what original vision Nomura had recycled into the new one
  • Ventus' characterization less childlike, more gentle soul-like. It would've deepened and justified Terra and Aqua's overprotection of him other than him being young. Dude was a heart of pure light. (Part of the error was the voice direction.) Would've deepened the tragedy of his character as well.
  • Time travel and dream-ception in DDD more straightforwardly explained. (Culprit was nonlinear storytelling with constant flashbacks and the Drop System. Could just be fixed by rearranging cutscenes on my own though.)
  • KHX released the story all at once globally and let the player progress on their own
    • no greedy microtransactions
    • same with KHDR. This one's story could've been released years ago and justified how Eraqus and MX finally ascend together to KH heaven.
  • KHUX players don't repeat all the worlds from the beginning and instead begin where they left off with all their save data from KHX locally transferred over (screw cloud computing). Chirithy explains things better. ("Save game slots" implied meta for "worldlines").
  • inb4 Disney/Squenix get butthurt and shutdown PC modders from creating a better story they can't profit off of

KudoTsurugi

Awards
The revelation in Dream Drop Distance that nobodies can just grow their hearts back opens up a massive can of worms that the game never addresses.

Specifically, why aren’t the former Organisation members walking around with two hearts inside them? Roxas grew a heart during his time as a separate entity, that went inside Sora when he was recompleted before it was put into a replica body.

So why doesn’t Lea have Axel’s heart inside him? Why doesn’t Ienzo have Zexion’s heart inside him and so on?

Hell, why did Xehanort need to resort to time travel to bring Xemnas from the past into the new Organisation? Xemnas’ heart should be inside him anyway, so why not just put that into a replica?
The idea that Nobodies could grow hearts(or a least temporary replacements) was talked about in KH2’s Secret Ansem Reports, so it wasn’t completely out of nowhere.

I think it’s like what Naminé said: “Nobodies are like half a person”. So for the Organization members, I think it was just Xemnas slightly brainwashing them into believing they were hollow, that any emotion they showed was only based on memory. But in truth, it would’ve been their temporary hearts. They likely would’ve merged with their human hearts when they became whole.

Roxas is a special case, since Sora already had both Kairi’s and Ven’s hearts sheltered inside his own when he became a Heartless. While Kairi’s returned to her body, Ven’s heart went to Roxas, hence why he looks like Ven instead of Sora. This also probably gave Roxas’ heart a jumpstart in development.

Why time travel? Because in his eyes, as far as I can tell, if you want something done right, you do it yourselves. Plus, while it was Xehanort in the driver’s seat, it was still Terra’s body, which is why he didn’t come back as Apprentice Xehanort instead of his older body.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
CoM is a bit inconsistent about what Sora can and can’t remember as he goes through Castle Oblivion.

At the beginning, he instantly recognises Traverse Town and Leon and the gang. Then as he starts going through the Disney worlds, he starts experiencing each one without being familier with them or their inhabitants. That makes sense so far; Traverse Town was only first world he visited, it’s not unreasonable to believe the memory tampering hadn’t started yet, or that it hadn’t become noticeable yet, but then the Disney worlds is when it reaches fever pitch.

After all the Disney worlds are done, we get to Twilight Town, and suddenly Sora is able to recognise that this is a world he definitely hasn’t been to before, as if he’d even be able to tell by this point.

I mean that's the point, surely? Memory isn't sequential, solid and systematic. It's ephemeral, abstract, subjective.

Edit: just got steamrollered by a memory of me thinking about this exact issue when playing back on the GBA. Recall it bugging me at the time. Can’t even be sure it's real, which brings me back to the first point.

Last edited:

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Maybe she learned Stopga? Wasn't she Roxas' magic instructor?
Yeah she was the one to teach Roxas magic. I guess Larxene could of learned Stopga since in 358/2 Days mission mode all of Organization XIII could use different types of magic so it would make sense.

Awards
Here's a nitpick I have, but more related to the community.

Why do people still think everyone forgave Xehanort at the end of KH3? Like, what game were they playing? Literally no one except Eraqus acted superfriendly to him, and Sora was still ready to beat him up in ReMind. Yet there are people out there who act like all the GoL went "Aww we forgive you".

It's as if anything that isn't super out-of-character cruelty counts as forgiveness.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think that one's exacerbated by Xehanort and Eraqus becoming protagonists of one the mobile games and Xehaqus becoming really popular in fandom, too. It's almost like everything that happened before was wiped away.

pastel.goblin

Awards
I'd say it's also because he didn't really suffer any consequences for his actions. He ripped apart the lives of so many people, yet he gets to float up to KH heaven or whatever as a fresh 15 year old with his best friend/lover in tow. I'll admit I'm fond of young Xehanort/Eraqus, but their existence/focus does kinda sweep all the shitty things they did under the rug, especially with the fandom.

disney233

Awards

Why do people still think everyone forgave Xehanort at the end of KH3? Like, what game were they playing? Literally no one except Eraqus acted superfriendly to him, and Sora was still ready to beat him up in ReMind. Yet there are people out there who act like all the GoL went "Aww we forgive you".

It's as if anything that isn't super out-of-character cruelty counts as forgiveness.
Probably the same way the community probably sees Eraques as a good guy.

Guernsey

Awards

I think it has something to do with how the story is presented. Kingdom Hearts is one of the most idealistic series in gaming and while Xehanort might not had been forgiven by the characters, that doesn't mean that he is not going to be forgiven by story.

I'd say it's also because he didn't really suffer any consequences for his actions. He ripped apart the lives of so many people, yet he gets to float up to KH heaven or whatever as a fresh 15 year old with his best friend/lover in tow. I'll admit I'm fond of young Xehanort/Eraqus, but their existence/focus does kinda sweep all the shitty things they did under the rug, especially with the fandom.

"Xehanort commited many atrocities throughout the series yet he gets go to heaven?! What is this madness?!" Kingdom hearts is idealistic or at least not overly cynical.

pastel.goblin

Awards
"Xehanort commited many atrocities throughout the series yet he gets go to heaven?! What is this madness?!" Kingdom hearts is idealistic or at least not overly cynical.

Well sure, but compared to Ansem and Xemmas' defeats in 1/2 it was a pretty happy ending for him, all things considered. I can't really blame people for being bothered by that.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I would've preferred it was called Andy's House. Not really that different from Beast's Castle.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I would've preferred it was called Andy's House. Not really that different from Beast's Castle.
But we only saw one room of Andy's house... and didn't even see Andy!

I don't mind Toy Box. Land of Toys or something could have worked, but Toy Box is generic enough to work. Pretty much all the names of the new worlds didn't really fit: Toy Box, Monstropolis (I think it should have been Monsters Inc.), Arendelle (I mean it works, but we never visit Arendelle once).

Back