• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
& The Grid should've been a Roxas world. Tron's/Rinzler's dual identity (ability to have 2 of a weapon literally everyone else in the world only has 1 of) is so much more up his aisle.

What's up with KH2's Agrabah? It's supposedly adapting Return of Jafar but is 1 of the loosest adaptation plots to still be an adaptation. No Abis Mal but the Peddler gets an expanded role despite not even being in the movie. Speaking of not in the movie, the Cave of Wonders & the sandstorm ruins, the latter of which was really random. Did Square like run into licensing issues where they couldn't actually adapt the 2nd film & decided to cheese it with recycled elements of the 1st?

I see your point. The Tron/Rinzler identity would had been a great concept with Roxas especially as Rinzler is a brainwashed Tron if you could consider Rinzler to be a "Nobody" of Tron who lost his heart to the darkness. I also agree that we never got to see the palace, fought Abis Mal or even got to see infamous Jafar song.

And there I was, hoping that we might get to see awesome Aladdin and the King of Thieves levels in the future... Now I'm thinking it's never going to happen :(

That is a shame. I liked that movie.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Isa.

Wiki: "After the destruction of Saïx and his Heartless counterpart, Isa was able to reform back in Ansem's lab in Radiant Garden with the rest of the other apprentices. However, he was soon approached by Braig and Young Xehanort, who sought to induct him as a member of the real Organization XIII. Isa agreed to join, and was subsequently reverted back into Saïx."

WHAT HEARTLESS COUNTERPART? And what happened to the "heartless counterpart" the SECOND TIME? So many heartless were destroyed in Hollow Bastion and Radiant Garden (KH1-2), I can get behind the whole Radiant Garden lab gang coming back in DDD. But how much time passes between Keyblade Graveyard and the "Don't think twice" cut scene? Did Saïx make sure his Heartless was destroyed as soon as he became a Nobody again or did RAX go hunt down and beat up a heartless who'd been a pain in Cid's ass, before getting some ice cream that Isa would pay for in return? Can somebody give me some fanart of a cool, terrifying Isa heartless roaming around Radiant Garden during KH3? Can we have that extra boss fight in a future patch or game?

*berserk eyes*

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Isa.

Wiki: "After the destruction of Saïx and his Heartless counterpart, Isa was able to reform back in Ansem's lab in Radiant Garden with the rest of the other apprentices. However, he was soon approached by Braig and Young Xehanort, who sought to induct him as a member of the real Organization XIII. Isa agreed to join, and was subsequently reverted back into Saïx."

WHAT HEARTLESS COUNTERPART? And what happened to the "heartless counterpart" the SECOND TIME? So many heartless were destroyed in Hollow Bastion and Radiant Garden (KH1-2), I can get behind the whole Radiant Garden lab gang coming back in DDD. But how much time passes between Keyblade Graveyard and the "Don't think twice" cut scene? Did Saïx make sure his Heartless was destroyed as soon as he became a Nobody again or did RAX go hunt down and beat up a heartless who'd been a pain in Cid's ass, before getting some ice cream that Isa would pay for in return? Can somebody give me some fanart of a cool, terrifying Isa heartless skulking around Radiant Garden during KH3? Can we have that extra boss fight in a future patch or game?

*berserk eyes*
Well there is a 1000 Heartless battle in the KG. The Heartless of literally every Org member could have been in that fight to ensure their immortality. In fact Xigbar probably made sure his Heartless was among the fallen. Saix isn't stupid. He probably made sure his Heartless was slain before he engages anyone during the war.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Well there is a 1000 Heartless battle in the KG. The Heartless of literally every Org member could have been in that fight to ensure their immortality. In fact Xigbar probably made sure his Heartless was among the fallen. Saix isn't stupid. He probably made sure his Heartless was slain before he engages anyone during the war.
Yes, the 1000 heartless works to explain the first time they all come back.
I also believe that Xigbar would make sure to destroy his heartless as soon as he turns again that second time. Do you need to destroy the heartless specifically with a keyblade for it to work? They seem to make a big deal out of Roxas (in Days) and Sora (in KH2) destroying the heartless for them. If so, how does Saïx get it done this time? (I'm not worried about how Xigbar does it. He's Luxu.)

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I also believe that Xigbar would make sure to destroy his heartless as soon as he turns again that second time. Do you need to destroy the heartless specifically with a keyblade for it to work? They seem to make a big deal out of Roxas (in Days) and Sora (in KH2) destroying the heartless for them. If so, how does Saïx get it done this time? (I'm not worried about how Xigbar does it. He's Luxu.)
I think you need the Keyblade to do it. If not destroyed by a Keyblade the heart finds it's way to another Heartless, so I imagine it has to be done by Keyblade. I'll double check it.

D

Deleted member 252753

I would guess Saïx hadn't ensured his recompletion as he talks about 'if' he makes it back when defeated. He lies a lot but I can believe he genuinely wasn't that concerned about returning after his defeat if he had helped his friend. For all he knew, RAX might never have let him into their friendship circle.

Edit: I wish one of the secret reports actually detailed Saïx's betrayal of the Organization and his motives.

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Heck, they could've gotten YX/Vanitas/Terranort/Xion to slay their heartless in advance for all we know. Xion in particular probably needed the EXP.

Still, I will always be disappointed that their heartless were never bosses. It would be such an easy way to give plot significance to heartless bosses beyond "because the gameplay demanded a bossight right here".

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I would guess Saïx hadn't ensured his recompletion as he talks about 'if' he makes it back when defeated. He lies a lot but I can believe he genuinely wasn't that concerned about returning after his defeat if he had helped his friend. For all he knew, RAX might never have let him into their friendship circle.

Edit: I wish one of the secret reports actually detailed Saïx's betrayal of the Organization and his motives.
The majority of Saix's redemption happens offscreen which is a nitpick all in itself. I like his story but it was still clunky in execution and could have used more exposure. It also inadvertently made Lea's story...what it was in KH3.

D

Deleted member 252753

The majority of Saix's redemption happens offscreen which is a nitpick all in itself. I like his story but it was still clunky in execution and could have used more exposure. It also inadvertently made Lea's story...what it was in KH3.
I do agree, even though I liked that Saïx couldn't actually admit to Axel that he'd been helping him, and thought the hints for it were good (like Roxas talking about 'others' helping him come back while pointing his Keyblade at Xemnas, but with Saïx right next to him). I remember vaguely hoping that Re Mind would add a few scenes showing Saïx's internal thought process and how he went about his plan. Instead all we got was him shouting 'ROXAS! AXEL!' in the KG. Oh well.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I do agree, even though I liked that Saïx couldn't actually admit to Axel that he'd been helping him, and thought the hints for it were good (like Roxas talking about 'others' helping him come back while pointing his Keyblade at Xemnas, but with Saïx right next to him). I remember vaguely hoping that Re Mind would add a few scenes showing Saïx's internal thought process and how he went about his plan. Instead all we got was him shouting 'ROXAS! AXEL!' in the KG. Oh well.
They likely were not going to do internal thoughts, especially for Saix. Stuff like that is reserved for reports and novels. For me I feel they rushed Isa's redemption too early. Yes, he helped get Lea's friends back, but I feel like a really good story could have been told with these characters and the end game reward was eating ice cream together. I loved that Isa joins them and is part of the team, but it could have been more powerful if say they had fought together side by side or even had a semi-adventure together. The end result was always going to be them eating the ice cream together, but I personally would have saved it for a Twilight Town gang story and truly cement Isa's place among the group as a friend. That's just me though. They can still do something like that in the future with Subject Sigil. Yes, I'm calling her Subject Sigil now.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I have a new nitpick after watching a KH2 stream. In Land of Dragons Shan Yu's army is a bunch of Thruster Heartless. The ones that look like weird little birds with propellers on their heads. They are not threatening at all and this is suppose to be the man invading China. They replaced Shan Yu's Huns with tiny little flying creatures with no bodies. I laughed when doing a comparison between Shan Yu's attack in Mulan compared to his attack in KH2. How can I take that seriously? I kinda love at the same time though. Why is this a nitpick again?

Also why is Shan Yu camped out in a cave right next to the base of Shang's army?

disney233

Awards
I have a new nitpick after watching a KH2 stream. In Land of Dragons Shan Yu's army is a bunch of Thruster Heartless. The ones that look like weird little birds with propellers on their heads. They are not threatening at all and this is suppose to be the man invading China. They replaced Shan Yu's Huns with tiny little flying creatures with no bodies. I laughed when doing a comparison between Shan Yu's attack in Mulan compared to his attack in KH2. How can I take that seriously? I kinda love at the same time though. Why is this a nitpick again?

Also why is Shan Yu camped out in a cave right next to the base of Shang's army?
That's a good nitpick tbh. I mean...the Assault Riders ACTUALLY looked like the perfect replacement for the Huns. Maybe add a few Archer Heartless riding them, along with some Nightwalkers and you got a legit threatening army.

I realize that it doesn't even span to only Shan Yu. I mean...imagine the epic Heartless that could've been in La Cite de Cloche following Frollo, but instead...he gets a boss that could easily be mistaken for a pinata with literal candy-coated around it. A downgrade to one of, if not, THE darkest Disney villain.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
That's a good nitpick tbh. I mean...the Assault Riders ACTUALLY looked like the perfect replacement for the Huns. Maybe add a few Archer Heartless riding them, along with some Nightwalkers and you got a legit threatening army.

I realize that it doesn't even span to only Shan Yu. I mean...imagine the epic Heartless that could've been in La Cite de Cloche following Frollo, but instead...he gets a boss that could easily be mistaken for a pinata with literal candy-coated around it. A downgrade to one of, if not, THE darkest Disney villain.
Land of Dragon had Assault Riders and Nightwalkers two tough Heartless for the early half of the game and choose not to use them for Shan Yu's army. I suppose they might have been too tough to animate all at once by PS2 standards though. Still at least use the Bolt Towers then.

disney233

Awards
Let's talk about Disney characters, here. It's no secret how they're so...blatantly used. Although....I have to give them credit for utilizing Maleficent, Yen Sid, and Jiminy, and the Mickey Mouse crew throughout the series, as well as the Fairy Godmother for the future of the series. So many good characters in the renaissance era placed in this game. SO, HOW ABOUT WE TURN TO THE UNDERUSED DISNEY CHARACTER THAT COULD LITERALLY SOLVE EVERYTHING NO MATTER WHO GETS IT.
Snowwhite-disneyscreencaps.com-100.jpg

You know me. I can't stress enough how underutilized the Disney aspect of the game is, despite it being...literally a Disney game. BUT C'MON! Whoever gets their hands on the Magic Mirror will literally have in their possession a mirror that knows EVERYTHING. It could damn well save Sora the trouble for traveling in circles for something he APPARENTLY ALREADY HAS.

I get that it'll be boring....but the fact that so many Disney characters of the old era are used in the main story, and HE ISN'T is insulting to literally the FIRST ever Disney animated film.

disney233

Awards
Ok so like watched a bit a Dark Road. Immediately my thoughts are literally at the first world. So um...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

D

Deleted member 252753

Ok so like watched a bit a Dark Road. Immediately my thoughts are literally at the first world. So um...
Spoiler Spoiler Show
If you watch the cutscenes this is actually addressed and it doesn't give an explanation yet but hints that there will be one.

Edit: Here's the specific scene.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Let's talk about Disney characters, here. It's no secret how they're so...blatantly used. Although....I have to give them credit for utilizing Maleficent, Yen Sid, and Jiminy, and the Mickey Mouse crew throughout the series, as well as the Fairy Godmother for the future of the series. So many good characters in the renaissance era placed in this game. SO, HOW ABOUT WE TURN TO THE UNDERUSED DISNEY CHARACTER THAT COULD LITERALLY SOLVE EVERYTHING NO MATTER WHO GETS IT.
View attachment 12744

You know me. I can't stress enough how underutilized the Disney aspect of the game is, despite it being...literally a Disney game. BUT C'MON! Whoever gets their hands on the Magic Mirror will literally have in their possession a mirror that knows EVERYTHING. It could damn well save Sora the trouble for traveling in circles for something he APPARENTLY ALREADY HAS.

I get that it'll be boring....but the fact that so many Disney characters of the old era are used in the main story, and HE ISN'T is insulting to literally the FIRST ever Disney animated film.
After the Aqua fight it seems like he chose to vanish forever now that he's no longer in service to Grimhilde.

Back