• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Ay, don't blame Re:Mind. Blame KH3 in general for hurling out literally EVERY untrustworthy character to be in the New Organization. Or rather, the members that isn't Ansem and Xemnas.
There was no reason for Xehanort to not trust Saix, Vexen, Luxord, Vanitas, and even Xigbar at the time. Saix, Luxord and Vexen never gave any reasons to distrust them before KH3. Xehanort has worked with Vanitas and Xigbar before so why would he distrust them? He agreed to give Xigbar his Keyblade so that should be enough for him.

The main ones that needed watching were Marluxia, Larxene, Terranort, Dark Riku, and Xion.

disney233

Awards
There was no reason for Xehanort to not trust Saix, Vexen, Luxord, Vanitas, and even Xigbar at the time. Saix, Luxord and Vexen never gave any reasons to distrust them before KH3. Xehanort has worked with Vanitas and Xigbar before so why would he distrust them? He agreed to give Xigbar his Keyblade so that should be enough for him.

The main ones that needed watching were Marluxia, Larxene, Terranort, Dark Riku, and Xion.
Siax is a double agent. It's basically been stated in the Keyblade Graveyard. I doubt it doesn't make him untrustworthy tho. But excuse me for thinking Xigbar wasn't true to Xehanort....given the fact that XIGBAR....ISN'T EVEN XIGBAR!

D

Deleted member 252753

The thing that gets me though is that if Xehanort had been a little more curious, which he is supposed to be, he would have had reasons to suspect them, especially Saïx and Xigbar. Saïx had plotted with Axel in the old Organisation, though didn't follow through on the end, and Xigbar hid Subject X from him without him having any clue. And neither Xehanort nor Xemnas seemed to have any problem with how the 'fool' Xigbar knew about ancient Keyblade Wielders and why he wanted to go after some box with unknown contents. Especially when he likes to brag about his foresight. I guess he is just blinded by his own arrogance, which I kind of like but it just seems odd when he thinks he has everything planned out so perfectly

Guernsey

Awards
Xehanort was basically at David Xanatos levels planning in DDD, it does seem odd that he didn't suspect Xigbar or Saix. On the other hand even Xanatos had moments where he was outsmarted or had his plans foiled although Xanatos did have contingency plans just in case.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Siax is a double agent. It's basically been stated in the Keyblade Graveyard. I doubt it doesn't make him untrustworthy tho. But excuse me for thinking Xigbar wasn't true to Xehanort....given the fact that XIGBAR....ISN'T EVEN XIGBAR!
Yes, but Xehanort didn't select Saix for his actions in KH3. He selected him from his loyalties from KH2 and Days. Saix wasn't a double agent then and always did what Xemnas asked, even when he didn't agree with the plan as shown in Days. He never went through with his plans with Axel and thus remained loyal. It makes perfect sense for Xehanort to select Saix as a vessel. Any action he does afterwords can't be faulted on what Xehanort knew of him beforehand.

The thing that gets me though is that if Xehanort had been a little more curious, which he is supposed to be, he would have had reasons to suspect them, especially Saïx and Xigbar. Saïx had plotted with Axel in the old Organisation, though didn't follow through on the end, and Xigbar hid Subject X from him without him having any clue. And neither Xehanort nor Xemnas seemed to have any problem with how the 'fool' Xigbar knew about ancient Keyblade Wielders and why he wanted to go after some box with unknown contents. Especially when he likes to brag about his foresight. I guess he is just blinded by his own arrogance, which I kind of like but it just seems odd when he thinks he has everything planned out so perfectly
If Xehanort had taken the time to really go into his choices like half the ones selected wouldn't qualify. He'd be better off making his Xehanort Replicas if anything. Neither Xehanort or Xemnas knew of Saix's abandoned plans with Axel. As for Xigbar if norting actually resulted in Xehanort controlling his vessels manually he'd have nothing to worry about. Which is why options like Sora, Xion, Terra, and even Marluxia were on the table. Problem was they have free will so I would love to know what they planned on doing with Sora as a vessel in DDD lol.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think the problem is that this is an out of universe issue and you guys are using in universe reasoning. They used a line in DDD that made a pivotal point but later backtracked on it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
ReMind Spoilers up ahead for this next nitpick of mine.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

disney233

Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Inconsistency, thy name is the Kingdom Hearts series entirely.

Guernsey

Awards
Sad but True. Speaking of Inconsistencies, who is Subject X and when was she captured by the Organization?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Sad but True. Speaking of Inconsistencies, who is Subject X and when was she captured by the Organization?
Officially we don’t know but we can guess as to who it might be. However she wasn’t captured by the Organization. She was found by the Radiant Garden researchers.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Officially we don’t know but we can guess as to who it might be. However she wasn’t captured by the Organization. She was found by the Radiant Garden researchers.
Which is almost the same thing in retrospect. Anyway I have another nitpick. I swear they just keep coming to me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

disney233

Awards
Which is almost the same thing in retrospect. Anyway I have another nitpick. I swear they just keep coming to me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
In my opinon, it wouldn't make as much sense with the Dark Riku fight, either. This whole arc was between Riku and Replicu, and it had more to do with Namine than Kairi. It's just my two cents.

I mean....Kairi has done SO little throughout the game that...which battle WOULD she fit in with? Though, in the manga, she held out on her own against Xigbar, so it would've made sense if she was in the Replicu fight, not only to...help Riku, I guess? But to beat Xigbar's ass again.

But since she hasn't done that, she sticks out like a sore thumb. Kairi has had so little 'treatment' in the game that forgive me if I think she didn't fit in any of the battles.

D

Deleted member 252753

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Also just after Arendelle, Larxene and Xemnas suggest they don't have their 13th vessel. Come to think of it, does the scene in ReMind have to be at the very start of the game and not nearer the end? You would think it's at the beginning but I can't remember them indicating so.

Edit: Looking at the scene, Xigbar asks if the others had found their way back to their respective times, suggesting he hasn't met Ansem and Xemnas yet. It's definitely before Saïx gets Vexen, but that doesn't narrow it down much. So yeah, a huge mess :p

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
in the manga, she held out on her own against Xigbar,
This brings me to my next nitpick, one that does not need much explanation and speaks for itself.

The Manga isn't canon! Some of the best parts of the KH franchise and it's not even canon! Manga Kairi!

disney233

Awards
This brings me to my next nitpick, one that does not need much explanation and speaks for itself.

The Manga isn't canon! Some of the best parts of the KH franchise and it's not even canon! Manga Kairi!
There were MANY moments that were epic and MADE SENSE. and yet it's not even canon, and that's a crime in itself. Hell, there were probably damn good moments in the novel that weren't even present in the series and probably NEVER WILL. Like...is the novel even canon?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This is not really a big nitpick more like a funny nitpick and I'm sure others have made this comparison. In KH1 Aladdin offers to go with Sora and the gang to find Jasmine. They say no because world order junk. Then Aladdin has Genie go in his place as a summon. What's the difference? Like why was it okay in storyline for Genie to go with the group and not Aladdin? Is it because he can turn into a summon gem? Don't get me wrong I like that he could go and I enjoy Disney summons but is there a in-game story reason why Genie could go and not Aladdin? Maybe because he's a being of magic?

Guernsey

Awards
That is interesting. I think it also applies to a variety of Disney heroes as well but I also would like to mention Beast as how is it that Beast gets go to Hollow Bastion and not the other heroes like Prince Phillip?

disney233

Awards
This is not really a big nitpick more like a funny nitpick and I'm sure others have made this comparison. In KH1 Aladdin offers to go with Sora and the gang to find Jasmine. They say no because world order junk. Then Aladdin has Genie go in his place as a summon. What's the difference? Like why was it okay in storyline for Genie to go with the group and not Aladdin? Is it because he can turn into a summon gem? Don't get me wrong I like that he could go and I enjoy Disney summons but is there a in-game story reason why Genie could go and not Aladdin? Maybe because he's a being of magic?
It's probably because as a being with phenomenal cosmic powers, and is as old as time itself, Genie probably has more understanding of the outside world than Aladdin. Plus as a reality-bending genie, a FREE one at that, I don't see why world borders would limit him since he could do...just about anything he wants now.

I kinda wish that Genie would be a permanent member to the party like Jiminy, rather than being secluded to a summon. This applies to Tinker Bell, too.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's probably because as a being with phenomenal cosmic powers, and is as old as time itself, Genie probably has more understanding of the outside world than Aladdin. Plus as a reality-bending genie, a FREE one at that, I don't see why world borders would limit him since he could do...just about anything he wants now.

I kinda wish that Genie would be a permanent member to the party like Jiminy, rather than being secluded to a summon. This applies to Tinker Bell, too.
I guess this is as good a answer as I'll get on the subject. I suppose it makes sense. Still would have been nice if they explained it. But it's not a big complaint.

Back