• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's like you said: lazy writing, poor creative choices, lack of cohesion, etc. It's pretty clear at certain points that Nomura was just writing from memory, or otherwise didn't care. The thing he was truly interested in was setting up future ideas, not properly concluding or paying off old ones (at least, not unless he absolutely had to for the story to function).

Wow... That didn't even occur to me. Yeah, I'm through with taking KH3 seriously at this point. It's one thing for it's own internal plotting to suck, but now it's damaging one of the best story dynamics in the series?! Honestly, I could go on whole rant about that, but then it'd only be harder to eject KH3's story out of my head when rewatching Days, KH2, and BBS. So... I'll pass for now.

Facts. Now that line's an utter joke, as is Siax. In fact, can someone please make a meme out of that? I swear I'd laugh every time, lol.

Lmao 🤣 Replica's asserting their dominance and running around consuming whatever Nobodies they come into contact with would be one of the most existentially horrifying things introduced in this series, but at the same time, still feels appropriate.

It kinda reminds me of Data-Sora's heartless from Re: Coded devouring the minds and "dark intentions" of every heartless in the datascape. If you recall, it essentially resulted in this malicious, eratic creature who's sole desire was to consume anything and everything it came into contact with, in order to feed it's darkness (which is exactly what SoD wanted Riku to become in Reverse Rebirth). First it was other heartless, then he fed on glitches, and finally he was aiming to consume hearts in the real world. I imagine Replica's being similar, except, unlike Heartless and more like Nobodies, they'd have the intellect to carry out methodic plans and strategies to better go about such things. Truly a dangerous threat indeed.

In that same vain, Replica's really did have the potential to blossom into this really cool concept for the series to explore. A while back, I remember reading a multi-saga long fanfic that centered around Repliku mysteriously entering a parallel dimension (after his defeat), where he takes the place of real Riku, and the story diverges quite immensely into this unique take on the series' story. In that world, the Replica Program grows to an unbelievable size, and all sorts of cool concepts are introduced. Namely, hybrids that carry similar, or mixed physical traits from that of cast, some with unique power combinations, identities, and personalities. Essentially, it leans all the way into KH's concept of "clone characters", and explored some genuinely good (or bad) existential conflicts that could plague such a group of people. Like people simply being better by design, and having all these desirous superhuman qualities to them, while others (like poor Xion) are created physically unstable, and live a tragically fleeting existence, while desperately protecting the ones they care for.

In general, Replica's are an untapped well of potential for existential conflicts, and the way KH3 utilized them was honestly underwhelming. I remember being so hyped for Repliku's comeback, and what ideas could be introduced through it, but then they went and killed him off for no reason. Albeit, it wasn't a bad send off, but still a lot of potential thrown away too quickly.

For real! At this point Xion of all people is worth more then most of the Nobodies Organization members because now they can use her body as a vessel for anything. It's laughably ironic she's worth more then a Saix now, lol. I'd be worried if they start to revolt and go Skynet on everyone. The puppets are tired of housing the hearts of others. Revolution!

I don't hate Union X in concept, there are some good things I'm seeing from it. I just don't like this making the Organization members these old ancient Keyblade Wielders because it greatly conflicts with what we know about them from their Nobodies. I liked Demyx-Larxene back when they didn't have somebodies, it was fun to guess where they were from and what world they could have lived in and what caused them to lose their hearts in the first place. They felt normal. Now they feel like different characters. I'm not even crazy about Ventus being from the age of fairy tales. It's just too insane that he's this old and still looks like a teen.

Back then people hoped that the new Organization consisted of new people. Preferably both Disney & Final Fantasy characters. Wild times huh? Even they seem like better choices than the backstabbers (Marluxia & Larxene) and the ones who CLEARLY have no reason to come back...but Xemnas wants them back for the lols only to have them benched later on. (Demyx & Vexen)

Another thing I'd like to ask where this....sudden change of Siax's character came from? Back when Siax was introduced, he was introduced as that cold and cynical berserker. Now he comes off as some....double agent to find his friend? The friend part...sure I understand. The Siax in KH3's just....a different Siax than the one that warded off Lea in DDD.

The 'New Organization' just seems like a jumbled up mess.

I'll agree on Demyx, but I think they handled Vexen pretty well. It makes sense to bench him, because of how important his Replicas became. He's like the most OP non Keyblade Wielder in the series right now, he creates life. Xemnas considered his previous death a blow to the Organization, so even then he was a MVP of their group. Keeping him benched means he doesn't have to fight and keeps him out of any danger of being destroyed again, so they could lean on him and his Replicas. There was no way any of them would ever guess he and Saix would betray the group the way they did. Vexen makes sense on why Xehanort would want him. Demyx not so much

Guernsey

Awards
I really hate that too and Ia so hate how everything needs to be connected to each other. I think there is a trope for this but I really like Larxene, Marluxia, Demyx and Luxord were just Ansem's disciples who betrayed him.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I really hate that too and Ia so hate how everything needs to be connected to each other. I think there is a trope for this but I really like Larxene, Marluxia, Demyx and Luxord were just Ansem's disciples who betrayed him.

Except that that was just the first 6 (8?) members. The rest were just stragglers. This was the case in KH2FM. No backsstory for them was even hinted at until KH3. Except Maly and Larlar

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This is a pretty minor nitpick. They gave Lea a Keyblade (which I am not a fan of but what's done is done) and you mean to tell me that we never get to see Roxas and Xion's reaction to Axel summoning a Keyblade in front of them? Axel, their mentor/babysitter who has been with them on their entire journey with their Keyblades, now has his own and we never get to see their reaction to this?! I mean maybe Xion saw it when he was smacking her with it, but who really knows. I know the thing was broken, but he got it back somehow. I want to see the Seas-Salt babies reactions to Axel summoning his Keyblade.

And another thing! Do they know he's now a human named Lea? Roxas and Xion have never to my knowledge ever heard Axel be called Lea. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Isa, and all their Disney friends know his real name but not his best friends? They waste screentime with Ventus hearing both Lea and Axel, but not them? And since they don't have Gummiphones there is no way they can know this! Grrrrr! I'm really starting to see how cheated RAX got in their reunion. Still love that scene but grrrrrr. You're starting to push my wrong buttons KH3!

D

Deleted member 252753

This a silly nitpick about battles against Young Xehanort.

In the fights against him throughout the series he reverses time during the battle in order to reverse damage being taken and sneak up on you (slightly different in DDD but same principle).

I think it's a fun gimmick, though BBS battle is frustrating. Anyway, my actual problem is that how Young Xehanort uses time travel in these fights is not how his time travel works in the actual plot outside of battle, as I understand it. He shouldn't be able to alter his actions in battle by travelling to the past.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So what happened to Master Xehanort's goal of finding a younger body? Was he just putting it on hold until he got the X Blade and changed the universe? I get why he had to stay an old man for the sake of the plot but at least give an explanation why he abandoned that plan

D

Deleted member 252753

So what happened to Master Xehanort's goal of finding a younger body? Was he just putting it on hold until he got the X Blade and changed the universe? I get why he had to stay an old man for the sake of the plot but at least give an explanation why he abandoned that plan

I think with that one he did say that he needed to survive 'beyond the Keyblade War' or something (I may be wrong - this is from the top of my head), which suggests the younger vessel thing only needed to see him through to the war's conclusion.

We don't know how he intends to survive to lead the world after that but then we don't learn how the reset of the world by Kingdom Hearts actually would really work. Does time rewind for everyone or everyone but the x-blade wielder? Or does time not rewind at all? As far as I know, this is unclear.

Perkilator

Awards
After playing the recent KH3 demo, I feel like Angelic Amber is…kinda uninspired for a possessed doll boss. Where’s my hot tea hose attack, Nomura? Or my teapot Heartless? Or an army I’d possessed doll clothes?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Today in nitpick theater:
1575257132-comic643.png

Veevee

Awards

Oh and let's not forget that he wasn't frail at all - he could still wield his keyblade very well, he could even raise effing MOUNTAINS, there was no sign of getting weak with age other than a hurt ego and maybe dying in 20 years or so.

This is basically why I think Xehanort is a badly written villain. His intentions are just so vague and interchangeable and Nomura tries to make them look intertwined, but fails. In BBS, he wants a younger body, balance light and darkness, recreate the keyblade war, forge the x-blade and open Kingdom Hearts (which is already a lot of goals for one game). Somewhere between, his motivations are stated as "curiousity". He ruins tons of lives and whole worlds in that process. In KH3, they suddenly make him this misguided good guy who only wanted the best all along which is disgusting - recreating a war out of a scientific interest, snatching a gullible stranger's body and ruining a balance that is really working well as it is is very far from being good intentions. And to top it all, they made him this all-planning super skilled wise guy. It was like Nomura had several ideas of what that guys motivation was supposed to and mixed them all up.

disney233

Awards
Today in nitpick theater:
1575257132-comic643.png
Still makes no sense for me when Sora can suddenly summon an amusememt park from his ass in THE FIRST WORLD.

Also who is this?No_Heart_KHBBSFM.png
Seriously who the hell is this? Like...I get that it was Xemnas' armor and all, but like....who is this in BBS? Xehanort's lingering will?

And also what happened to this?
maxresdefault-1.jpg

I get that Aqua now has Eraques Keyblade and all...but seriously? It kinda annoys me that the armor, the Chamber of Repose, & the Chamber of Waking was NEVER even touched upon. This was probably brought up before....but C'MON you can't just abandon something like this. Isn't the armor & her keyblade the only way for her to travel between worlds? How'd she get to the Keyblade Graveyard? Hitch a ride with Ven or someone else? Honestly...how were ANY of them even able to get to the Keyblade Graveyard? As far as I'm concerned, Gummi Ship & Dark Portals make it look as if they're the only ways to transport to other worlds. Did Aqua have Magic? Did Mickey port them there?

Like......

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Still makes no sense for me when Sora can suddenly summon an amusememt park from his ass in THE FIRST WORLD.
You'd think they were setting up Sora's new abilities being gifts from the gods or something given the world in question but nah.

& then after Sora defeats 4 literal titans they go on about he still hasn't regained his power.

Also who is this?View attachment 12042
Seriously who the hell is this? Like...I get that it was Xemnas' armor and all, but like....who is this in BBS? Xehanort's lingering will?
I'd assume Adult Xehanort. BBS reports stated he had armor but discarded it.

And also what happened to this?
View attachment 12043

I get that Aqua now has Eraques Keyblade and all...but seriously? It kinda annoys me that the armor, the Chamber of Repose, & the Chamber of Waking was NEVER even touched upon. This was probably brought up before....but C'MON you can't just abandon something like this. Isn't the armor & her keyblade the only way for her to travel between worlds? How'd she get to the Keyblade Graveyard? Hitch a ride with Ven or someone else? Honestly...how were ANY of them even able to get to the Keyblade Graveyard? As far as I'm concerned, Gummi Ship & Dark Portals make it look as if they're the only ways to transport to other worlds. Did Aqua have Magic? Did Mickey port them there?

Like......
She's got a keyblade with higher stats & the armor looks ruined/worn. There wasn't an immediate reason to go back for it.

& I assumed that everybody was on the gummiship during that last trip. Cockpit's got enough standing room at least. If not, then there's the 20-30 gummiships unlocked during KH2 just lying around in the chipmunk's garage.

Oh, new nitpick: whatever happens to old gummiships between games?

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This was probably brought up at one point, but how did the True Org. XIII have Xion again? The few scenes that might be foreshadowing her are so vague that I don't even know if these scenes are even meant to do so. What Young Xehanort says in Toy Box doesn't click with me that it's about Xion. Heck, it could even be about Dark Riku. When Demyx says a replica took his spot, that could also refer to either Xion or Dark Riku. I can't remember much of San Fransokyo, but Dark Baymax is comparable only to Terranort (and maybe Aqua???)

And on the good guys side, we have Ienzo mentioning a third heart and Lea sorta remembering Xion once. But nothing that is or could be about Xion connects with her finally appearing. She just...happens.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This was probably brought up at one point, but how did the True Org. XIII have Xion again? The few scenes that might be foreshadowing her are so vague that I don't even know if these scenes are even meant to do so. What Young Xehanort says in Toy Box doesn't click with me that it's about Xion. Heck, it could even be about Dark Riku. When Demyx says a replica took his spot, that could also refer to either Xion or Dark Riku. I can't remember much of San Fransokyo, but Dark Baymax is comparable only to Terranort (and maybe Aqua???)

And on the good guys side, we have Ienzo mentioning a third heart and Lea sorta remembering Xion once. But nothing that is or could be about Xion connects with her finally appearing. She just...happens.

Dark Baymax and Baymax are compared to puppets. Only one character in KH3 is called a puppet by just that. Dark Riku is never addressed or treated as such because we are not suppose to know it's a replica. We are to believe he is time travel KH1 Ansem-Riku somehow in the present. Also they already have 12 members of the Seekers, and we know they are missing a Sora member as the last vessel thanks to DDD. Xigbar, Saix, and others constantly bring it up they need one more. As to which one replaced Demyx, who knows. He and Vexen are both benched and it's rather difficult to determine which of the two replicas replaced who. That being said Xion's foreshadowing wasn't done very well and still leaves many questions on who had memories of her to design a replica to look just like her at the KG when she doesn't have her own memories. Because according to the secret reports the memories are how they crafted Roxas and Namine's bodies to look like them, but Xion's were locked in Sora. ReMind can't come fast enough.

Anyway I have another small nitpick. I'm confused with the whole Tron/Rinzler thing. Was the Rinzler in DDD our Tron or another? And if it is a another version of Tron, why should we even care? KH2 Tron was a cool character. If Sora was so worried about him, why not go check on him at Radiant Garden to make sure his data isn't corrupt or whatever happened. Maybe I'm not remembering DDD properly, but what a lame way to end Tron with that Rinzler storyline if that wasn't the real Tron. If it was the real one, we never see him become Tron again. I want my Tron Closure.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Dark Baymax and Baymax are compared to puppets. Only one character in KH3 is called a puppet by just that. Dark Riku is never addressed or treated as such because we are not suppose to know it's a replica. We are to believe he is time travel KH1 Ansem-Riku somehow in the present. Also they already have 12 members of the Seekers, and we know they are missing a Sora member as the last vessel thanks to DDD. Xigbar, Saix, and others constantly bring it up they need one more. As to which one replaced Demyx, who knows. He and Vexen are both benched and it's rather difficult to determine which of the two replicas replaced who. That being said Xion's foreshadowing wasn't done very well and still leaves many questions on who had memories of her to design a replica to look just like her at the KG when she doesn't have her own memories. Because according to the secret reports the memories are how they crafted Roxas and Namine's bodies to look like them, but Xion's were locked in Sora. ReMind can't come fast enough.
That sorta clears it up a bit, but yeah, it wasn't at all done well.

At the very most, Vexen probably had his old data, but no one in Org. XIII should have memory of her, yet Xemnas does...somehow.

Anyway I have another small nitpick. I'm confused with the whole Tron/Rinzler thing. Was the Rinzler in DDD our Tron or another? And if it is a another version of Tron, why should we even care? KH2 Tron was a cool character. If Sora was so worried about him, why not go check on him at Radiant Garden to make sure his data isn't corrupt or whatever happened. Maybe I'm not remembering DDD properly, but what a lame way to end Tron with that Rinzler storyline if that wasn't the real Tron. If it was the real one, we never see him become Tron again. I want my Tron Closure.
Rinzler is the original Tron from the original ENCOM program thought destroyed.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Rinzler is the original "true" Tron. KH2 Tron is a copy. However, Sora is not tech savvy enough to grasp the difference.

And blame Disney for Tron getting such a lame exit.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
At the very most, Vexen probably had his old data, but no one in Org. XIII should have memory of her, yet Xemnas does...somehow.
Frankly, it's debatable on whether or not a record of Xion should even exist in the first place after Re: Chain and Re: Coded made it amply clear how deeply memory and recorded text are intertwined. Every single explicit mention of Xion in Roxas and Axel's journals, for example, should be wiped clean the same way Jiminy's first journal was in Re:Chain, KH2, and Re: Coded. I can't think of why the same wouldn't go for Vexen's "old data."

Additionally, it's said by Marluxia at one that there was "a replica complete enough to join our ranks", directly reffering to Xion in specific, and not just a line of replicas in general. But how in the world could anyone, ESPECIALLY the Seekers of all people (and somehow not Sora, Riku, and Mickey), know this?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Frankly, it's debatable on whether or not a record of Xion should even exist in the first place after Re: Chain and Re: Coded made it amply clear how deeply memory and recorded text are intertwined. Every single explicit mention of Xion in Roxas and Axel's journals, for example, should be wiped clean the same way Jiminy's first journal was in Re:Chain, KH2, and Re: Coded. I can't think of why the same wouldn't go for Vexen's "old data."
It might be possible that data from before she was finished being made/had any sort of identity didn't count.

Additionally, it's said by Marluxia at one that there was "a replica complete enough to join our ranks", directly reffering to Xion in specific, and not just a line of replicas in general. But how in the world could anyone, ESPECIALLY the Seekers of all people (and somehow not Sora, Riku, and Mickey), know this?
Because Nomura isn't keeping track of who knows what.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Thanks for the Tron answers everyone. As long as KH2 Tron is safe.

As for how they can remember Xion? With Xemnas he's from the past. That explains itself on how he knows personal info on her friendship with Axel. There is also a theory that because he controls Nothingness he still remembers the events of Days just never brings it up because it is not relevant, which kinda would be in his character.

There is another theory that Vexen, Marluxia, Larxene, Zexion, and Lexaeus were not hit with the "Xion Memory Bomb" as I like to call it, because they were already dead and gone before it happens. None of them knew Xion personally only that they had some weird 14th member. Also the data on Xion's personal info might be gone but the data that made her should still be in tact. The only confusing thing is Xion at the KG already looks like herself and has hesitates on Axel instead of killing him. This doesn't add up, she should be like Dark Riku in a sense.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Thanks for the Tron answers everyone. As long as KH2 Tron is safe.

As for how they can remember Xion? With Xemnas he's from the past. That explains itself on how he knows personal info on her friendship with Axel. There is also a theory that because he controls Nothingness he still remembers the events of Days just never brings it up because it is not relevant, which kinda would be in his character.
When from the past Xemnas is from is pretty confusing since he acts like he remembers his defeat.

Xemnas: "Bested...yet again..."

There is another theory that Vexen, Marluxia, Larxene, Zexion, and Lexaeus were not hit with the "Xion Memory Bomb" as I like to call it, because they were already dead and gone before it happens. None of them knew Xion personally only that they had some weird 14th member. Also the data on Xion's personal info might be gone but the data that made her should still be in tact. The only confusing thing is Xion at the KG already looks like herself and has hesitates on Axel instead of killing him. This doesn't add up, she should be like Dark Riku in a sense.
They weren't around so weren't effected. I can kinda get behind that theory.

Back