• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I have another nitpick.
Cv4HlhoWcAA2YFz.jpg

efDPJFP.jpg

189.jpg

This game has the tendency to forget something so completely obvious but plot and gameplay forbids them to remember. Like something as obvious and simple as a door being locked when you have a goddamn KEY that OPENS. ANY. LOCK. for a weapon.
Eeeeeh the Traverse Town one doesn't count. He has the option to unlock it after he learns about the Keyblade from Yuffie and Leon. Not being able to unlock it (and the big safe) before then is justified by Sora not knowing what his weapon is yet.

disney233

Awards
Eeeeeh the Traverse Town one doesn't count. He has the option to unlock it after he learns about the Keyblade from Yuffie and Leon. Not being able to unlock it (and the big safe) before then is justified by Sora not knowing what his weapon is yet.
I get that at that time he doesn't understand the weapon yet....But it's a giant key....and he's standing in front of a giant lock...You CAN'T tell me that the boy needed to be spoonfed something as obvious as THAT.

Perkilator

Awards
I get that at that time he doesn't understand the weapon yet....But it's a giant key....and he's standing in front of a giant lock...You CAN'T tell me that the boy needed to be spoonfed something as obvious as THAT.
Know what, you’re right. I recently figured he would at least naturally figure that his giant key-looking thing would fit in the lock.

disney233

Awards
This is Sora we're talking about... Sora who 'can't computer' and apparently can't count either. You might be thinking too highly of his capabilities
Now, Sora was and IS an idiot...but in KH1 he wasn't THAT big of an idiot. You can't expect me to believe that the idiot can't piece together Big lock + big key, especially since we're talking about KH1.

BirinBoom

Awards
Now, Sora was and IS an idiot...but in KH1 he wasn't THAT big of an idiot. You can't expect me to believe that the idiot can't piece together Big lock + big key, especially since we're talking about KH1.

I'unno what you were like when you were 14, but I certainly was an idiot who couldn't use common sense :ROFLMAO:
There's a reason why people in my home country say that the brains of teenagers are 'under reconstruction'...

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
I'unno what you were like when you were 14, but I certainly was an idiot who couldn't use common sense :ROFLMAO:
There's a reason why people in my home country say that the brains of teenagers are 'under reconstruction'...
I was an idiot too when I was young....believe me, I've made such idiotic mistakes that I still curse myself out on, to this day. But at. fucking. LEAST. I can comprehend the concepts of THE LITERAL EQUIVALENT OF THIS:

61PPjMcaLNL._SX425_.jpg

Because it's LITERALLY the case with this.
5f1.jpg

You can't expect me to believe that 14 year old you couldn't understand such a concept "ooooh, look a big lock, oh and I have this big key...hmmmmmmmm". IT'S SO SIMPLE THAT EVEN DDD SORA CAN PIECE IT TOGETHER.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Most people don't go sticking their keys into random people's locks. Yeah, Sora's weapon looks like a big key and there is a big lock, but as a general rule people won't think of trying to fit a key of their's in someone else's lock, nor think the two would fit. At most Sora would do it out of curiosity, not out of belief it'd work.

------------
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway

The wall hugging in KH1. You can do it on the walls by the First District steps and a thin ledge in Deep Jungle's waterfall cavern. No where else that I know this can be done and it's kind of a shame this wasn't implemented more in KH1 or at all in future games.

disney233

Awards
Most people don't go sticking their keys into random people's locks. Yeah, Sora's weapon looks like a big key and there is a big lock, but as a general rule people won't think of trying to fit a key of their's in someone else's lock, nor think the two would fit. At most Sora would do it out of curiosity, not out of belief it'd work.

------------
........THAT.......I'll agree on tbh. At most Sora'll open it out of sheer curiosity, or if he's a GOOD boi and leaves well enough alone. It just doesn't sit well with me that the game LITERALLY tells you that it's locked when Sora has the key to open some ridiculously large keyhole...that's LITERALLY IN FRONT OF HIM. A hearty "Maaaaaaybe I should leave well enough alone" would be a better message than something as stupid as "The door's locked". It literally makes no sense. No matter how you look at it, big lock + big key isn't hard to figure out for even an idiot like Sora.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway

The wall hugging in KH1. You can do it on the walls by the First District steps and a thin ledge in Deep Jungle's waterfall cavern. No where else that I know this can be done and it's kind of a shame this wasn't implemented more in KH1 or at all in future games.
It took me a bit to understand what you were talking about, but...ye now I think I know. Isn't wall hugging a thing though in...some world in KH3? I can't quite remember...I think it's either Olympus or Corona.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It amuses me how TAV are effectively weaker than their own respective DLinks at the start of BBS. Aqua essentially has the roughest 1st world because she can't use her DLink with the Cure. Ventus is never as fast as Terra & Aqua are with his DLink.

Was there ever supposed to be anything more to the Vanitas Remnant? I feel like Vanitas was originally meant to come back on his own instead of a temporally displaced cloned body.

Guernsey

Awards
It amuses me how TAV are effectively weaker than their own respective DLinks at the start of BBS. Aqua essentially has the roughest 1st world because she can't use her DLink with the Cure. Ventus is never as fast as Terra & Aqua are with his DLink.

Was there ever supposed to be anything more to the Vanitas Remnant? I feel like Vanitas was originally meant to come back on his own instead of a temporally displaced cloned body.

That is amusing how the other characters D-Links tend to weaker than their actual Command Decks. It would had been better if they had those very same skillsets.

I am not sure maybe they had an idea but they dumped it in favor of the other one.

disney233

Awards
Arendelle as a whole bothers me. That's my nitpick. I get that Disney sees it as its most sacred cashgrab...but SDG barely DID ANYTHING THERE. And they needed to protect Anna & Elsa from Larxene who also barely DID ANYTHING THERE. Also, I get it. Let It Go is a pretty song, and Do You Wanna Build A Snowman was a small tidbit to catch Sora up to speed...but are they REALLY necessary? No world up until this point had to involve singing to portray the plot, (despite the world being a retelling of the movie, so we already KNOW the plot) And though I'd honestly like that direction to give that Disney feel...it just isn't necessary. Arendelle just seemed more like a market/publicity stunt than necessary.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yo, Merlin could've just turned into a germ and make Xehanort sick AF. What's his excuse?

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Speaking of old men, Yen Sid getting his old ass off the chair and finally do something on the frontlines was cool to see, but I would rather Kairi as a Princess of Heart to do something against all those heartless.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Was I the only one who thought the Shooting Star Keyblade was tied to Mysterious Tower before release? It seemed kind of obvious with its star design and name that I was certain it would be the keyblade Yen Sid gave you after the first visit.

Yet we get it after clearing Twilight Town for some reason

Perkilator

Awards
Was I the only one who thought the Shooting Star Keyblade was tied to Mysterious Tower before release? It seemed kind of obvious with its star design and name that I was certain it would be the keyblade Yen Sid gave you after the first visit.

Yet we get it after clearing Twilight Town for some reason
Maybe they decided to stick it somewhere since Mysterious Tower was cut?

Back