• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So how did Jiminy survive the heartless tornado? Or was he put back together along with Sora in the Final World

I imagine it has to do with Jiminy Cricket being turned into the embodiment of a “conscience” by a god-like fairy. Perhaps it made him immune to conventional death.

Also the name Jiminy Cricket comes from that old school colloquialism that replaced saying “Jesus Christ” in sentences.

So Jiminy is Jesus hahaha

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I imagine it has to do with Jiminy Cricket being turned into the embodiment of a “conscience” by a god-like fairy. Perhaps it made him immune to conventional death.

Also the name Jiminy Cricket comes from that old school colloquialism that replaced saying “Jesus Christ” in sentences.

So Jiminy is Jesus hahaha

What if the plot twist is that the abnormal "chosen one" power people feel from Sora is actually Jiminy

Sora is actually just a normal kid and Jiminy is the one performing the plot miracles

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Arendelle had only 1 memorable location from the film that you can visit (Elsa's Castle), although you can't even enter it.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
So this is like, really weird, because I'm sure I'm just digging a 13 years old nitpick, but it only hit me now:

Riku gets blasted by an explosion and that rids him of Ansem's shadow.

Yeah, I know. Oldest point to bring up in the book, and I'm sure everyone has exhausted whatever insight can be given on the subject, but I'm just reflecting on how that was a bit hasty and kind of a shallow conclusion to the redemption arc Riku has been on since KH1 (which was also great in CoM).
It could've been a way to keep writing a unique scenario far different from Sora's for him as a character, instead of making him repeat "Darkness might still have a hold on me" for 3 games straight.
It's also proof the non-descript "magic of the heart" fix-it-all was around for a long time in the series.

Now I say that, but I'm not sure keeping a character looking like another character would've been a good move for this franchise, and surely enough Riku's popularity and fandom would've taken a colossal hit.

I took it more as Ansem the Wise redemption that his final gift was bringing Riku back to normal.

Megavoltage

Awards
Arendelle had only 1 memorable location from the film that you can visit (Elsa's Castle), although you can't even enter it.
And when Frozen is used again in later games it’ll probably use the sequel with the plot taking place in a different land, no more Arendelle. So that means we lost our one chance to enter the castle. I'll never let this go.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Ansem had to have fought Aqua and kidnapped his old master either during or before Riku and Mickey were in the Realm of Darkness/When Sora's at Olympus. Meaning Ansem kidnapped Ansem the Wise at the very beginning of the game. Shoved him in a locker for 70% of the game. Then took him out so Ansem could maybe find something in the Old Mansion computer.

I know the weird gap between the kidnapping of Ansem the Wise to him and Ansem at the mansion has been mentioned before, but I don't believe the when this would have to had started was.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Ansem had to have fought Aqua and kidnapped his old master either during or before Riku and Mickey were in the Realm of Darkness/When Sora's at Olympus. Meaning Ansem kidnapped Ansem the Wise at the very beginning of the game. Shoved him a locker for 70% of the game. Then took him out so Ansem could maybe find something in the Old Mansion computer.

I know the weird gap between the kidnapping of Ansem the Wise to him and Ansem at the mansion has been mentioned before, but I don't believe the when this would have to had started was.

That whole thing is a hole in the time-space continuum if I've ever seen one.
Seriously, Riku and Mickey's first visit proves Ansem SoD met Aqua and Ansem earlier (either that or Dark Margin is wider than we thought and they reutilized assets), but he leads Ansem to the Mansion in "real time".

What's even crazier is that somehow Vexen was ready for it. I don't see Ansem SoD leaving a post-it on one of the Graveyard's rock saying "Brb, went to kidnap Ansem. Maybe we'll get X girl, fingers crossed ^^ "

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That whole thing is a hole in the time-space continuum if I've ever seen one.
Seriously, Riku and Mickey's first visit proves Ansem SoD met Aqua and Ansem earlier (either that or Dark Margin is wider than we thought and they reutilized assets), but he leads Ansem to the Mansion in "real time".

What's even crazier is that somehow Vexen was ready for it. I don't see Ansem SoD leaving a post-it on one of the Graveyard's rock saying "Brb, went to kidnap Ansem. Maybe we'll get X girl, fingers crossed ^^ "
*pfft!* Ah, yes. How could I forget Vexen's selective omniscience.

This plot thread is so screwed up. All I can assume is that maybe there was originally more to it.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts III does not have as much promotional Nomura key art as Kingdom Hearts or Kingdom Hearts II.

You would have thought that with the expansive cast, it could have been a possibility. Even if Nomura himself was too busy, the art director for the games could have imitated Nomura's artstyle?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I know wanna imagine what would that look like.

Obviously Xehanort (young or old? Imma say young since Sora's still shows KH1 Sora) standing probably with Scala on the background.
The portraits being Eraqus, Terra, Yen Sid, Braig, Vanitas and the outer-circle symbol is...mh... the MoM's eye? ...nah, that's too much on the nose (and I think it's, like, 90% of fanmade darkness stained glass out there anyway).
Imma say the symbol is the X.

I'd like for him to holdhis original Keyblade and not No Heart too.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Obviously Xehanort (young or old? Imma say young since Sora's still shows KH1 Sora) standing probably with Scala on the background.
The portraits being Eraqus, Terra, Yen Sid, Braig, Vanitas and the outer-circle symbol is...mh... the MoM's eye? ...nah, that's too much on the nose (and I think it's, like, 90% of fanmade darkness stained glass out there anyway).

Sounds about right.

Ah that's right, they never did show his original Keyblade. Despite his disdain for his homeworld I have a feeling it was Destiny Island themed.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I like this. It'd get crowed, but maybe portraits of Ansem and Xemnas as well.

Sounds about right.

Ah that's right, they never did show his original Keyblade. Despite his disdain for his homeworld I have a feeling it was Destiny Island themed.
When I try to imagine a Destiny Island-themed Keyblade, I can only think of something akin to Destiny's Embrace, and I just can't picture Xehanort wielding a Keyblade so colorful and happy. XD

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I like this. It'd get crowed, but maybe portraits of Ansem and Xemnas as well.

When I try to imagine a Destiny Island-themed Keyblade, I can only think of something akin to Destiny's Embrace, and I just can't picture Xehanort wielding a Keyblade so colorful and happy. XD
Was thinking more on the lines of some variation of Oathkeeper. I could see a young preteen Xehanort wielding that keyblade

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Man have I written poorly. I even said "No Heart" instead of "No Name" xD

Was thinking more on the lines of some variation of Oathkeeper. I could see a young preteen Xehanort wielding that keyblade

I wouldn't actually mind something along those lines.
I'd love for Xehanort to have a Keyblade symbolizing light, especially now that his character got rewritten like it was.

For a nitpick: what even is, ehr, Donald's nephews (writing their English names is a paiiiinnn) deal?
So, they were in Disney Town and wanted to make money to go and travel.
Then they traveled to Traverse Town (I guess they have a Gummiship and are allowed to use it?), STILL wanted to make MORE money, came back to Disney Castle, moved to Radiant Garden before Sora even unlocked the Lanes (because I guess they just can, somehow), only to... sell even more stuff.

When are they gonna go to the proper adventure they dream of? Or perhaps they're like travelling merchants, they visit new places and settle down when they need more money?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The credit scene with Scrooge is done like he didn't know of Remy until just then. Still the best scene from the credits, but that really bugs me

Okay, something like that would work much better than what I thought of. :LOL:

For a nitpick: what even is, ehr, Donald's nephews (writing their English names is a paiiiinnn) deal?
So, they were in Disney Town and wanted to make money to go and travel.
Then they traveled to Traverse Town (I guess they have a Gummiship and are allowed to use it?), STILL wanted to make MORE money, came back to Disney Castle, moved to Radiant Garden before Sora even unlocked the Lanes (because I guess they just can, somehow), only to... sell even more stuff.
I suppose the nephews could have come with Scrooge to Radiant Garden. Still doesn't explain how they came there when the Lanes were close, but I'm sure Scrooge has his ways. lol

When are they gonna go to the proper adventure they dream of? Or perhaps they're like travelling merchants, they visit new places and settle down when they need more money?
I'm gonna headcanon that they're very irresponsible with money. Always having to start over because they keep splurging it all on typical kid stuff the first chance they get.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
KH3D Opening remastered version has two stupid mistakes:

1- Mickey silhouette has no place to be there. It was ok for the original version because Nintendo 3DS had two screens. With just one screen, having him in there just becomes distracting.

2 - Credits placement. They couldn't find a worse place to put the credits that in the middle of the screen.

Every time I want to rewatch this Opening I have to search for the original version, because these two mistakes makes it impossible for me to fully enjoy it.

Back