• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It is a bummer. Always liked how Tron was cleverly connected with the main story due to it being inside Ansem's computer, he deserved at least a throwaway line like Ienzo saying Tron was helping them establishing a connection between terminals.

Also whatever happened to Stitch? He was at Radiant Garden, and that was after the worlds reset from KH1 so he couldn't have been called back to his own world.
Like yeah, he's a summon, but where actually is he.

Speaking of summons, the fact that Sora links with all people he knows and then Ralph, a perfect stranger, doesn't sit well with me.
"I'll summon my old friend!"
"Then this other friend!"
"Then the Dream Eaters because we committed so hard on these being popular even if their presence is less and less justified BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE EVERYBODY LOVE THEM AND THEY FIT SO WELL"
"And then I'll summon this one dude I've never seen before. What up dude, let's beat some people up."

I know he always summons characters he doesn't know, but in previous games there were at least a couple. Ralph being the only one is weird.
I think it's an actually sad/canon reason Stitch is in Hollow Bastion -- he has no home. After asking about Lilo and Stitch/Hawaii possibly being a world in KH3 in discussions way before its release, I learned that Japan hates Lilo, but loves Stitch. No idea why exactly, so I doubt we'll ever see Stitch meeting Lilo in KH (as much as I wish we would). I think Stitch is still in Radiant Garden, maybe Leon takes care of him?

The Ralph thing makes me believe the Sleeping Realm theory to an extent because Ralph's world is in KHUX. All the worlds in KHUX are projections/illusions from the Book of Prophecies about places that come from the future. So it's interesting that Sora had Ralph as a summon and then a few weeks after KH3 is released, we find out that Ralph's world will be visited in the "future". Sora was able to call out to Ralph's heart, who he will meet in the future. Time also seems to be important to the summon choices - Stitch was first encountered in BbS by Aqua/Terra/Ven, Sora met Ariel in KH1, then he physically met Simba in KH2, and lastly the Dream Eaters in KH3D.

Megavoltage

Awards
Something else that could have happened had Radiant Garden been playable. They could have reaunited with him while going to get Aqua's armor and Keyblade.
That would have been the perfect time for a cute reunion. And I'd like it if Stitch left Radiant Garden to join team TAV for an adventure or two. If Sora gets a duck, dog, and a cricket all to himself then some of the Disney cast should be spread out to other teams. Hmm... you think Stitch would get along with Ven's Chirithy?

Bah, and I'm still endlessly annoyed with how we still don't know what's up with Aqua's equipment. KH3 can't answer every question and mystery, I get that, but I really don't want to wait several years to find out if Aqua has a keyblade or not! Especially since the mystery of the Chamber of Response is ancient at this point, we've been wondering about it since KH2FM. Keeping my fingers crossed for this getting attention in the DLC, this subplot really needs to get cleared up.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Great. Now this whole Stitch thing has me sad.

Where does Jiminy go when Sora is in Atlantica or lion form?
Big missed opportunities here. Maybe he just hides in Sora's hair?

I guess it stems from the notion that hearts are never wrong and Xehanort wasn't listening to his.
Yeah, come to think of it both in KH II and KH III they literally say "Their heart has decided, we can no longer interfere."
Imagine when/if they meet a supervillain and there's hard proof they're truly following their heart. What do you do then.

Actually thinking of bringing this into the "Darkness is evil" thread, because it might just be the crux of the issue.
Now this is a moral dilemma I want to see go down!

Nomura: "You all don't get it. It's not that we HAVE to recreate that face. We NEED to recreate that face."
Yasue: "You serious?"
Nomura: "Tai Yasue (co-director of the Kingdom Hearts franchise), I wouldn't even have made a Kingdom Hearts III if not for Vexen's creepy face. A lot rides on this."

Going from this it's hilarious how "canonically" it's like the past was this weird less advanced in how reality itself looked.

"Mickey remember when our graphics wasn't this good?"
"Riku what"
"Yes, when we were more blocky and polygonal and our face expressions weren't as polished"
"Riku are you okay?"
"And remember Terra's sausage fingers? Boy that was embarassing, wouldn't you all agree?"
"Riku what are you saying WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO"
I read this all in Pancake's text to speech voices.

I jest, but then again Timeless River DOES confirm that the past was a 1950s cartoon.
If the characters were to ever go back in time to past game events, then they NEED to make it so the past uses the old graphical style. I won't accept anything else.

If there's no Cup Noodle Keyblade, this game is an absolute failure.
Strike down Heartless with the ultimate flavor experience!

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
. After asking about Lilo and Stitch/Hawaii possibly being a world in KH3 in discussions way before its release, I learned that Japan hates Lilo, but loves Stitch.

This is the real mystery going on here, why was Lilo that unliked in Japan?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Now I'm just imagining Stitch running up to greet TAV at Land of Departure instead of Chirithy, lol.

This is the real mystery going on , why was Lilo that unliked in Japan?
That's a good question. Was the side plot involving her and her sister not that appealing over there?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The Kingdom Hearts official account lost a great opportunity by not releasing Sora's mom dinner speech alongside a still-frame of the MoM, just saying.

So we're freed from characters in games pointing at npcs who are not there, still now we have to deal with Donald and Goofy during Arendelle's mountain climb, talking about a castle which isn't there and how pretty it is.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Sometimes I wonder what Yen Sid does once everyone's gone. What does an all-powerful wizard like him do with his spare time?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Sometimes I wonder what Yen Sid does once everyone's gone. What does an all-powerful wizard like him do with his spare time?
I thought he was like meditating/researching stuff to tell Sora.

I think one of my biggest nitpicks with Kingdom Hearts -- as much as I love it -- is that some things just remain unexplained and some characters get no explanations. I will feel really dumb if there's an answer for this, but... where was Ienzo, Aeleus, and the other Castle Oblivion nobodies that were recompleted in that game? We see some on the floor in the computer room in Radiant Garden in KH3D, but why did it take so long for them to be recompleted?

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I thought he was like meditating/researching stuff to tell Sora.

I think one of my biggest nitpicks with Kingdom Hearts -- as much as I love it -- is that some things just remain unexplained and some characters get no explanations. I will feel really dumb if there's an answer for this, but... where was Ienzo, Aeleus, and the other Castle Oblivion nobodies that were recompleted in that game? We see some on the floor in the computer room in Radiant Garden in KH3D, but why did it take so long for them to be recompleted?

I think I can give an answer for this. We know that Heartless and Nobodies are created when a person has their heart consumed by darkness. We know that their Nobodies were taken care of, but what about their Heartless? I think the reason why it took so long is because their corresponding Heartless was unaccounted for, and we released that heart at some point throughout the story. And there's no telling which Heartless could belong to who, since Sora's Heartless form was only a Shadow.

Axel became a Nobody through the whole incident at Hollow Bastion, so it's quite possible that we took care of Axel's Heartless all the way back in KH1. So theoretically, once Axel's Nobody was destroyed, he could've been recompleted almost immediately.

There's also the issue that Even had, when he was recompleted, he was in critical condition. So even then, all of them could've been accounted for, but maybe some couldn't handle their recompletion as well as others due to strength. Braig didn't have an issue, but Even did, so I think a person's strength and will has a lot to do with how they handle the recompletion.

Guernsey

Awards
That is a very good question and one that I wish that they answered or at least answered properly. What the whole Nobody getting new hearts thing?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That is a very good question and one that I wish that they answered or at least answered properly. What the whole Nobody getting new hearts thing?

Nomura had been hinting at it in interviews since KH2, and started reinforcing the idea that the Nobodies were lying about not having hearts with BBS and Days. If Nobodies couldn’t age because they didn’t have hearts, why were all of the Apprentices + Saix and Axel between 5-10 years older than their original counterparts?

If Nobodies couldn’t feel, why was it pretty obvious that Roxas, Axel, Saix, and the others were exhibiting emotions?

KH3D revealed that all along they had budding hearts because the body will always seek to replace what was lost. It lined up with what Nomura had been implying all along (or rather the budding heart thing was the solution to something Nomura had accidentally wrote himself into, but I’m leaning toward this being something he planned because he always sounded coy whenever an interviewer would ask why Xemnas was 30 but Apprentice Xehanort/Terra were much younger looking)

Had the Nobodies ever gained their old hearts back, they would have likely continued growing these new hearts.

(I I’m agine that there are likely plenty of strong-willed Nobodies out there that the Organization never found and they are just people who continued living on like normal)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think I can give an answer for this. We know that Heartless and Nobodies are created when a person has their heart consumed by darkness. We know that their Nobodies were taken care of, but what about their Heartless? I think the reason why it took so long is because their corresponding Heartless was unaccounted for, and we released that heart at some point throughout the story. And there's no telling which Heartless could belong to who, since Sora's Heartless form was only a Shadow.

Axel became a Nobody through the whole incident at Hollow Bastion, so it's quite possible that we took care of Axel's Heartless all the way back in KH1. So theoretically, once Axel's Nobody was destroyed, he could've been recompleted almost immediately.

There's also the issue that Even had, when he was recompleted, he was in critical condition. So even then, all of them could've been accounted for, but maybe some couldn't handle their recompletion as well as others due to strength. Braig didn't have an issue, but Even did, so I think a person's strength and will has a lot to do with how they handle the recompletion.
It's just kinda weird that we would have killed all of their heartless right at the same time, which would cause them all to be recompleted at the same time. Then all their bodies materialize in the computer room in Radiant Garden AND Young Xehanort/Braig have a nice chat and no one from the Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee sees this? Tron can hear through the computer, so Tron didn't pick up their conversation?

Obiewantsanipod

It's just kinda weird that we would have killed all of their heartless right at the same time, which would cause them all to be recompleted at the same time. Then all their bodies materialize in the computer room in Radiant Garden AND Young Xehanort/Braig have a nice chat and no one from the Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee sees this? Tron can hear through the computer, so Tron didn't pick up their conversation?

You have to kill the heartless first then the nobody for said individual to be re-completed, in that order.

Meaning that every nobody killed in CoM had their heartless killed before hand and every nobody killed in KHII the same but with a longer window.

Now that I think about it, it really doesn't make sense for them all to be re-completed at the same time. Not only that, but the ones killed after woke up first?

I don't really care about Tron or the restoration committee not picking up on what happened. I like continuity in story telling but I'm not going to nitpick on something that meticulous when right next door we have Aqua's armor and keyblade just chilling by themselves.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You have to kill the heartless first then the nobody for said individual to be re-completed, in that order.

Meaning that every nobody killed in CoM had their heartless killed before hand and every nobody killed in KHII the same but with a longer window.

Now that I think about it, it really doesn't make sense for them all to be re-completed at the same time. Not only that, but the ones killed after woke up first?

I don't really care about Tron or the restoration committee not picking up on what happened. I like continuity in story telling but I'm not going to nitpick on something that meticulous when right next door we have Aqua's armor and keyblade just chilling by themselves.

The hearts from the Heartless were being stored in Xemnas’ Kingdom Hearts, so they weren’t free until the end of KH2. That is why they all come back at the same time.

Back