• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The mention of Donald and Goofy in the Praises thread about them not gaining Keyblades just made me realize that Sora doesn't have Keyblades based off of them. We have one for Kairi, Riku, Roxas, and Axel, but not these two goobers and now I'm sad.
Yeah that is too bad. KH3 would have been a good opportunity for that since it's the second game to really focus on the SDG bond after KH1

Veevee

Awards
We never see even just a second of training. What did the do there? Did they fight heartless? Practice magic? Do voodoo? Instead we Kairi writing diary entries which is so incredibly girly it's hard to believe they could go even deeper.

Perkilator

Awards
I just realized; the Dark Riku in KH3 turned out to be another Replica despite insistence that he was Riku-Ansem (he even admits this before he dies). You would think he would just say to Sora in San Fransokyo that he was “different from the Riku you know”, but naaaah. Let’s just straight up lie to the player about a Riku-Ansem related “twist”, then plop another twist right on top before he dies.

Look, I’m sorry if I sound hateful. Kingdom Hearts 3 is by no means a bad game (KAIRI TRIED, ALRIGHT?), but I feel like it had the least thought put into it storywise.

Oh yeah, and the Grim Guardianness (whose name should’ve had two M’s in “Grim”) looks like one of the worst bosses in the game.

Guernsey

Awards
The story did feel somewhat rushed or at least felt that they were just rushing to the next arc of the series. I am not sure if it was ever going to live up to the hype as they story wasn't really what anyone expected it would be.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I would have had more excuses in the game in general to ride on Goofy's shield as I just thought those segments were super duper fun. "Oh no, Sora! Xehanort is sending a tidal wave of Heartless after us! Come on, hop on my shield and we'll go surfin'!"

That's the only thing I'd add in DLC. More shield riding. :p

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I would have had more excuses in the game in general to ride on Goofy's shield as I just thought those segments were super duper fun. "Oh no, Sora! Xehanort is sending a tidal wave of Heartless after us! Come on, hop on my shield and we'll go surfin'!"

That's the only thing I'd add in DLC. More shield riding. :p

I really hope this is sarcastic! Seriously, though, those shield riding controls bloooooooow

Veevee

Awards
It bothers me that most of KH3 is pretty random. Why is everyone who died in different, mostly random worlds? Why does KH suddenly have the Lich, thus something like a reaper? How can Young Xehanort be in that dead world - is that world even dead or just randomly empty? Why is Ephemera in the Demon Wave? How did Chirithy suddenly find back to Ventus?
Everything just ... happens without any explanation and at this point I'm pretty much "oh, yeah, whatever, doesn't make sense, but go on".

kaseykockroach

Awards
The more you question Kingdom Hearts plot progression, the more you’ll hurt yourself. Do what I do! Just laugh at it, let cutscenes play out as funny background noise while you go play with the cat who’s been begging for your attention.

Guernsey

Awards
The more you question Kingdom Hearts plot progression, the more you’ll hurt yourself. Do what I do! Just laugh at it, let cutscenes play out as funny background noise while you go play with the cat who’s been begging for your attention.

I think there might be some wisdom in that. I do pay that much attention to the continuity of the games anyway.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Cats > Disney anime games
A cat would stay and keep you company in the dark realm and not abandon you for ten years.

Perkilator

Awards
It bothers me that most of KH3 is pretty random. Why is everyone who died in different, mostly random worlds? Why does KH suddenly have the Lich, thus something like a reaper? How can Young Xehanort be in that dead world - is that world even dead or just randomly empty? Why is Ephemera in the Demon Wave? How did Chirithy suddenly find back to Ventus?
Everything just ... happens without any explanation and at this point I'm pretty much "oh, yeah, whatever, doesn't make sense, but go on".
I think that was the waaaaay past when there were still people. The Scala in the final battle was probably just…a projection or something? I dunno.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Why does Goofy say “Careful, Sora!” while sledding? Goofy’s in the center, technically he’s the one steering!

Also, anyone notice the KH1 Sora and Riku voice clips used in Arendelle and Keyblade Graveyard? What the heck is that all about?!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Remember when we thought getting norted meant something?

All throughout KH3 it only does two things. Give the norted person yellow eyes, and that one scene where Dark Riku flexes out a Xehanort-shaped darkness to bring in Heartless.

Imagine if Xehanort actually possessed Org. XIII. Appearing throughout the game through them to taunt the heroes, fully possessing them during KG and becoming those cool, heel wearing dudes instead of...that just being a thing randomly appearing later. Or even simply harm them with a hand wiggle to keep them in line.

Like, I guess being a vessel is more like just being an incubator for the heart pieces, but you'd think there'd be something about getting norted that'd force Org. XIII to work with Xehanort. Nothing was keeping them there. Even is concerned about the "chosen" finding out he's a double agent, but that's about it in terms of maaaaaaaybe something bad would happen.

The Chi-era crew was just there out of boredom, and Xehanort was paying so little attention to everyone I doubt he'd notice if they did leave.

The very least that could have been done was have a norted mention in passing that they could be possessed or harmed in some way. That's better than nothing.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have a lot of nitpicks (ones I think I bring up daily in other threads) but right now the one really grinding my gears is the lack of additional Keyblades in the game.

Why don’t we get one for getting the high score in Verum Rex? Imagine a not-Noctis’ not-engine blade Keyblade. Or really just Keyblades for a bunch of stuff

Also my other issue is that Replica Riku gets Riku’s Way to Dawn but...never...uses it? Nomura, what was the point?

Back