• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
He's mocking her for being a hypocrite. Anger (and hate) were the two things she judged Terra for being swayed by when they reunited in the Keyblade Graveyard in BBS. Terranort has no idea that Aqua has changed her perception since then.
Oh wow, that's... Actually a really clever connection! It's such a small moment in BBS, so I never even considered it might've been a callback to that particular exchange.

I guess I just read that line as more literal than sarcastic, so all I could think when I heard it was "this is the most obviously hypocritical thing I've ever heard come out of a bad guy's mouth", to the point where I just couldn't understand how I was expected to see it as anything other than a (shockingly) bad play of psychological warfare. But if it was specifically meant to be taken as a sarcastic mock at her earlier disapproval, then that line actually sounds a LOT more natural in context (though I don't know if I'd call Aqua a "hypocrite" exactly).

Honestly though, I'm astounded by how often you manage to make sense of seemingly backwards moments like this in KH3, lol. Don't stop surprising me @Sign 😉

Edit: Oh, and credit to @Dast too of course, lol. But I still don't see Aqua taking it to heart when it's coming from him of all people.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

So I gotta askwhat did Terra teach Riku? Giving him a Keyblade isn't teaching
The DLC's new glossary entry on 'The Promise with Terra' confirms what @Sign said.

There's some other interesting stuff in those new entries, I would recommend people take a look

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Grrrrr, I have even more nitpicks now that I've rewatched DDD! I love this series so much but it can really punch me in the gut sometimes.

I know I've complained about this one a lot but this has gotten so bad for me that I couldn't properly enjoy DDD's ending as well as I use to. And that's Xehanort's 13 vessels and how easy it is for them to not obey him and backstab him in KH3. The way Dream Drop Distance portrayed the 13 Seekers it sounded like with the exception of Xemnas, Ansem, Young Xehanort, and Xigbar they were all going to be 13 Terranorts! Completely under the old man's control and have no free will but to do whatever Xehanort wanted. The 13 Seekers are even more unorganized then the old Organization. I'm crying right now because I use to really love DDD's ending and buildup for the Keyblade War and now that I know how it ends this ending is meaningless and it breaks my heart that the best thing about DDD no longer is good. All the fear of having Xehanort in your heart is completely nothing by KH3 unless your name is Terra. What does being half Xehanort even mean? You get yellow eyes? How scary! The term "norted" use to mean something. Now it means nothing. I have more nitpicks! I'm just getting started here.

This is a minor one but Riku's exposition of Replicas triggers me for some reason. First of all the original Organization XIII did not use Replicas to place hearts in and become real. They were used as science abominations to replace Riku and Sora/Roxas. They did not need hearts for that. They were not placeholders for Xemnas's gang to pluck a heart in, otherwise they would have done that when first creating them. And how would Riku even know all that? Did he find Vexen's research and discover the Replica plot of KH3? There's no way he could have gathered all that from his encounter with Repliku. Did Repliku tell him that while in his heart? I like that Replicas became a bigger deal in the series but how the heroes stumbled upon the exposition was out of nowhere. Speaking of Replicas.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I Love Kingdom Hearts which is why I have these nitpicks. I'm sure I'll have more later.

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
Halloween Town always struct me as the world that didn't give much to the KH story. Through my ideas for my story , I felt that Halloween Town was a better place to introduce the Organization.

Like...of all the worlds, I' surprised no one wanted to touch Halloween Town in terms of replicas or experimenting on the heart. How Sally was made would've been a good place to start on how replicas could've been made, or how the heart could've been replicated, since KH2 pointed out that Sally was equipped with one.

I'd say Halloween Town could've had potential to be....quite relevant to the story, but we all know it's far too late for that given.

Guernsey

Awards
You know what? That bothers me too. Considering that was one of the major themes of the Halloween Town scenario, I am surprised they excluded from KHIII. Sure it would mean playing through that level again with exact sing and level but it does make some sense thematically.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Halloween Town always struct me as the world that didn't give much to the KH story. Through my ideas for my story , I felt that Halloween Town was a better place to introduce the Organization.

Like...of all the worlds, I' surprised no one wanted to touch Halloween Town in terms of replicas or experimenting on the heart. How Sally was made would've been a good place to start on how replicas could've been made, or how the heart could've been replicated, since KH2 pointed out that Sally was equipped with one.

I'd say Halloween Town could've had potential to be....quite relevant to the story, but we all know it's far too late for that given.
I believe 358/2 Days is the only game to ever have a major story event take place in Halloween Town that wasn't filler. Unless COM and ReCoded did as well. I never made it to Halloween Town in ReCom and haven't played ReCoded so I don't even know if it appears there or not.

There is a lot of places Replicas could have been experimented on. Halloween Town is probably one of the best spots to perform their creation of a heart. In both KH1 and KH2 Dr. Finkelstein is performing Vexen like experiments with the Heartless, creating a heart, the puppet experiment, and of course Sally. This is another one of those examples where a Disney World could have tied back to a major KH original plot.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I believe 358/2 Days is the only game to ever have a major story event take place in Halloween Town that wasn't filler. Unless COM and ReCoded did as well. I never made it to Halloween Town in ReCom and haven't played ReCoded so I don't even know if it appears there or not.
Thing is Halloween Town itself is largely irrelevant to that scene. It could've just as well happened in any other world. If the Disney world basically serves as background to a scene between original characters, that doesn't count as making the world matter.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I could have seen Halloween Town in KH3 if it wasn't for Monstropolis. Though I did find it odd SDG acted like it was the first time they became monsters in that world.

You'd think they'd say something like "this is almost like what happened to us in Halloween Town".

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I really don't get why Donald and Goofy were alarmed. Sora was cute in Monstropolis, only Goofy and Donald were arguably scary.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
With the exception of the Mulan characters in The Land of Dragons in KH2, I can't think of a single non-caucasian human character in the series. Not a huge deal, but it's kinda noticeable in an age wherein diversity is so widely talked about and enforced.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
With the exception of the Mulan characters in The Land of Dragons in KH2, I can't think of a single non-caucasian human character in the series. Not a huge deal, but it's kinda noticeable in an age wherein diversity is so widely talked about and enforced.

Hiro, Go Go, Wasabi, Honey Lemon

Everybody in Agrabah

Esmeralda

SweetYetSalty

Awards
More nitpicks on Ansem's code! Why was Axel shown as one of the people waiting for Sora to save him in that code? Sora doesn't save Axel. He just randomly reforms because of that new Heartless/Nobody rule. So why put him in the code as someone waiting for Sora to rescue him? You lied to me ReCoded!

And another thing! It's super convenient that every Organization XIII Heartless got destroyed before their Nobodies so they could be human again. Like what if Xigbar's Heartless didn't get taken down so he couldn't revive? Did he make sure it was gone before certain...events?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Hiro, Go Go, Wasabi, Honey Lemon

Everybody in Agrabah

Esmeralda
Xehanort and the nort fam sure ain't white, either.

Should Yuffie count too since she's meant to be Asian-like in FFVII? (I know Wutai is supposed to be kinda based from China and Japan.)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
1581306626-comic653.png

Noivern

Awards
It irks me that when thinking about villains in KH, you realize that characters on our side of the story have done nearly almost as much bad or were flat out worse than them, lol.

First, let's look at our main villain, Xehanort. From what we know about him, he abused his only know student, beating Ventus up and bullying him as well, and manipulated Terra throughout the events of BBS, as well as using Ventus. Then he ruined Aqua. As a student under Ansem, he did experiments on the Heart and was responsible for turning the first members of the Organization into Nobodies, as well as having a hand in sinking Radiant Garden into the Darkness (although the game says it was Maleficent who actually did the dirty done cheap here, but he's the one who opened the Keyhole of the place in the first place allowing for her to show up)

Then we have the actual asshole of Kingdom Hearts and the one know to have done the WORST out of all characters, Ansem the Wise. Let's recap what this terrible old man did:

- Kept a literal dungeon (lol) with people locked up that he experimented on, with at least one being an actual kid. While we can't be sure if the other prisioners were regular baddies of RG (which doesn't make his case better but does justify the dungeon at least), Subject X is implied to be just a regular amnestesiatic girl who did nothing wrong.
- Essentially stole the entirety of the Grid and repurposed it as his own personal computer. Tron literally says he hates him, and unlike SDG, he meant the actual Ansem, not the impostor.
- Experimented on people's hearts. He tried to stop Xehanort from going further with the research, but I seriously doubt the HUGE canyon-like laboratory filled with hearts we see in KH2 was built solely by the apprentices after they pulled a coup on him. I'm also inclined to believe the dungeon where the prisioners were kept is meant to be the hidden space that Xemnas goes throught in the extra cutscene from FM+ when visiting Aqua's Armor, not the actual dungeons we play through in KH1, and that place is pretty much a secret villain laboratory if I've ever seen one (which brings the question of how did Lea and Isa even sneak in there in the first place?)
- Treated Xion with as much disdain as the Organization, if not more. Like, Riku at least took some pity on the poor girl, but he was pretty much dead set on treating her like an "it". lol
- Everything about what he did to Roxas. He did take some pity on him and did things like showing the train that goes to Yen Sid's tower, but that doesn't excuse the way he treated him.
- He's also ok with using Riku, a 15-later-16 year old as his literal Reaper and pretty much sending the kid into a path of darkness, even if the later was ok with it for Sora. But he knew that whole ordeal was sneaky otherwise he wouldn't have had a reason to hide it from Mickey.

Sure, he regreted most of it and did some things to try to amend, but then we have KH3 where he's back to power and doing just fine in RG again when he should be in jail, honestly?

We also have the OTHER asshole, Eraqus.

- He treated Terra like garbage for something he was barely at fault for and then sent the man in a wild hunt after his former friend who he knew dealt with some sneaky things in the past, and then sends Aqua to tail him because he doesn't quite trust him. Like, why even send Terra in the first place instead of just training him further and letting Aqua go after Xehanort?
- Took Ventus in but in the first opportunity where he acts out of his jurisdiction he puts all the blame in the kid, acting suspicious of him. Again, if you are going to mistrust a literal 14~16 year old because of who he used to live with then why did you send your star pupil who was also pretty much your son on a wild hunt after him without even letting him know that hey, maybe don't trust Xehanort so much?
- Everything that happens at endgame when we return to Land of Departure. He literally goes for blood after Ven and then Terra and jesus the only other time we see someone with actual death intent like that is Xehanort killing Kairi in 3 (and the mysterious killer from UX).
- The end of KH3, where he's like "oops my bad that I almost killed both of you! but yeah my bad Terra pls take care of them. Anyways time to go on vaccay with the boyfriend, later!"

Seriously, it's like adult figures in the KH are almost always bad save for Yen Sid who is protected by Disney. No wonder Sora's mom never showed up, maybe she would be the big bad of them all.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It irks me that when thinking about villains in KH, you realize that characters on our side of the story have done nearly almost as much bad or were flat out worse than them, lol.

First, let's look at our main villain, Xehanort. From what we know about him, he abused his only know student, beating Ventus up and bullying him as well, and manipulated Terra throughout the events of BBS, as well as using Ventus. Then he ruined Aqua. As a student under Ansem, he did experiments on the Heart and was responsible for turning the first members of the Organization into Nobodies, as well as having a hand in sinking Radiant Garden into the Darkness (although the game says it was Maleficent who actually did the dirty done cheap here, but he's the one who opened the Keyhole of the place in the first place allowing for her to show up)

Then we have the actual asshole of Kingdom Hearts and the one know to have done the WORST out of all characters, Ansem the Wise. Let's recap what this terrible old man did:

- Kept a literal dungeon (lol) with people locked up that he experimented on, with at least one being an actual kid. While we can't be sure if the other prisioners were regular baddies of RG (which doesn't make his case better but does justify the dungeon at least), Subject X is implied to be just a regular amnestesiatic girl who did nothing wrong.
- Essentially stole the entirety of the Grid and repurposed it as his own personal computer. Tron literally says he hates him, and unlike SDG, he meant the actual Ansem, not the impostor.
- Experimented on people's hearts. He tried to stop Xehanort from going further with the research, but I seriously doubt the HUGE canyon-like laboratory filled with hearts we see in KH2 was built solely by the apprentices after they pulled a coup on him. I'm also inclined to believe the dungeon where the prisioners were kept is meant to be the hidden space that Xemnas goes throught in the extra cutscene from FM+ when visiting Aqua's Armor, not the actual dungeons we play through in KH1, and that place is pretty much a secret villain laboratory if I've ever seen one (which brings the question of how did Lea and Isa even sneak in there in the first place?)
- Treated Xion with as much disdain as the Organization, if not more. Like, Riku at least took some pity on the poor girl, but he was pretty much dead set on treating her like an "it". lol
- Everything about what he did to Roxas. He did take some pity on him and did things like showing the train that goes to Yen Sid's tower, but that doesn't excuse the way he treated him.
- He's also ok with using Riku, a 15-later-16 year old as his literal Reaper and pretty much sending the kid into a path of darkness, even if the later was ok with it for Sora. But he knew that whole ordeal was sneaky otherwise he wouldn't have had a reason to hide it from Mickey.

Sure, he regreted most of it and did some things to try to amend, but then we have KH3 where he's back to power and doing just fine in RG again when he should be in jail, honestly?

We also have the OTHER asshole, Eraqus.

- He treated Terra like garbage for something he was barely at fault for and then sent the man in a wild hunt after his former friend who he knew dealt with some sneaky things in the past, and then sends Aqua to tail him because he doesn't quite trust him. Like, why even send Terra in the first place instead of just training him further and letting Aqua go after Xehanort?
- Took Ventus in but in the first opportunity where he acts out of his jurisdiction he puts all the blame in the kid, acting suspicious of him. Again, if you are going to mistrust a literal 14~16 year old because of who he used to live with then why did you send your star pupil who was also pretty much your son on a wild hunt after him without even letting him know that hey, maybe don't trust Xehanort so much?
- Everything that happens at endgame when we return to Land of Departure. He literally goes for blood after Ven and then Terra and jesus the only other time we see someone with actual death intent like that is Xehanort killing Kairi in 3 (and the mysterious killer from UX).
- The end of KH3, where he's like "oops my bad that I almost killed both of you! but yeah my bad Terra pls take care of them. Anyways time to go on vaccay with the boyfriend, later!"

Seriously, it's like adult figures in the KH are almost always bad save for Yen Sid who is protected by Disney. No wonder Sora's mom never showed up, maybe she would be the big bad of them all.
Don't forget Ansem's treatment of Namine. He wanted to have her killed after fusing Roxas and Sora.

disney233

Awards
Why the hell should we exclude Mr. My-Name-Spelled-Backwards-Is-Disney when he's the one that sent everyone to their deaths without a concrete plan while lounging on his chair, and only THEN when they were fucked, he decided to come in and play Moses?

He sent Riku and his own goddamn apprentice to the RoD to find Aqua, to which they almost died from there. Knowing his 'unfathomable wisdom,' I'd assume HE'D know how dangerous the RoD is.

Also, ain't HE the one that told Mickey not to tell anyone about Aqua until 10-11 years later when she's literally suffering?

Aaaaaaand we now get to the Keyblade Graveyard. He sent everyone there to their deaths; two of them LITERALLY came back from hell and purgatory, and two who are LITERALLY in training! DID I MENTION WITHOUT A PLAN?!

Remember when everyone died? Yeah...that's their ignorance, arrogance, and Yen Sid's....I don't even know what the hell he was thinking getting everyone drafted IMMEDIATELY.

Noivern

Awards
Why the hell should we exclude Mr. My-Name-Spelled-Backwards-Is-Disney when he's the one that sent everyone to their deaths without a concrete plan while lounging on his chair, and only THEN when they were fucked, he decided to come in and play Moses?

He sent Riku and his own goddamn apprentice to the RoD to find Aqua, to which they almost died from there. Knowing his 'unfathomable wisdom,' I'd assume HE'D know how dangerous the RoD is.

Also, ain't HE the one that told Mickey not to tell anyone about Aqua until 10-11 years later when she's literally suffering?

Aaaaaaand we now get to the Keyblade Graveyard. He sent everyone there to their deaths; two of them LITERALLY came back from hell and purgatory, and two who are LITERALLY in training! DID I MENTION WITHOUT A PLAN?!

Remember when everyone died? Yeah...that's their ignorance, arrogance, and Yen Sid's....I don't even know what the hell he was thinking getting everyone drafted IMMEDIATELY.
Oh, I forgot about the Aqua part. Disagree about the rest, though. Riku and Mickey were both capable Keyblade Masters and definitely the best people avaiable to rescue Aqua, it's not really their fault the plot made them weaker to justify Sora's protagonism.

And well, the whole Keyblade Graveyard was a huge mess and he still showed up later, which is pretty fine in my opinion. He guided everyone throughout the game and it's not like they are babies, most of them had more than enough experience that they SHOULD have been able to formulate a strategy and do things on their own; there were 3 Keyblade Masters and Sora was pretty much one as well by that point, he can't babysit them forever.

The Aqua part, though. What an ass.

Back